PDA

View Full Version : NBA 1st: The Triple Flop

tredigs
11-04-2014, 03:54 AM
Charles Barkley must be rollin' over in his grave.

Behold, the future of the NBA: https://vine.co/v/OO0tqxJvtiI

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, so I'll just do both.

albertajaysfan
11-04-2014, 04:03 AM
It isn't the future unfortunately. It is the present. It is a by product of the way officials are told to call fouls. When ticky tac fouls are the norm players will use that to their advantage by embellishing. If flopping was called in game as a foul it would disappear pretty quickly.

Off topic: Second time lately I have seen the comment about rolling over in a grave regarding a guy still alive. Seems like an odd choice of words to me. I know it is a figure of speech, still odd to me.

tredigs
11-04-2014, 04:10 AM
I'm doing some quick sports encyclopedia'n in my brain right now, and I've come to the conclusion that this may in fact be the single most pathetic play in professional sports history. By three players who either nearly or did indeed represent the USA oversees this summer for the World Championships. So pathetic.

The "rollin' in his grave" about a living person is an old Barkley joke, Albert ^

ThuglifeJ
11-04-2014, 04:48 AM
This is awful. Although I find just about any James Harden drive worse..as he'll snap his head back 2 or 3 times, travel, fall onto the ground to his face, and be rewarded a trip to the free throw line.

NBA would be above and beyond every pro sport (for me) if it wasn't filled with divas and babies like this. I love basketball and the talent they possess out there, but I wish they had more hard-nosed players who and less attention whore only care about money crap.

Ariza's Better
11-04-2014, 07:31 AM
This is awful. Although I find just about any James Harden drive worse..as he'll snap his head back 2 or 3 times, travel, fall onto the ground to his face, and be rewarded a trip to the free throw line.

NBA would be above and beyond every pro sport (for me) if it wasn't filled with divas and babies like this. I love basketball and the talent they possess out there, but I wish they had more hard-nosed players who and less attention whore only care about money crap.
Man, you really want to have sex James Harden don't you. Your like the boy in pre school who pulls on the girls ponytail because he doesn't know how to express himself.

Anyway I'm disappointed in Cousins, if he committed to the dive I could of given them a 10. But he let the team down so I can only give them a 7. If they iron out those rough edges there are a strong chance for the gold at the Olympics.

IndyRealist
11-04-2014, 09:25 AM
Out of curiosity, who was that foul actually called on?

Hawkeye15
11-04-2014, 10:18 AM
flopception

Crackadalic
11-04-2014, 11:02 AM
Wow

Miltstar
11-04-2014, 11:31 AM
This is awful. Although I find just about any James Harden drive worse..as he'll snap his head back 2 or 3 times, travel, fall onto the ground to his face, and be rewarded a trip to the free throw line..

As a Raptor fan, Derozan is getting just as bad. He's always looking for a foul and when he doesn't get it he doesn't get back on defense, if I was Dwayne Casey it would drive me insane.

Buckwheat
11-04-2014, 11:48 AM
Man, you really want to have sex James Harden don't you. Your like the boy in pre school who pulls on the girls ponytail because he doesn't know how to express himself.

Anyway I'm disappointed in Cousins, if he committed to the dive I could of given them a 10. But he let the team down so I can only give them a 7. If they iron out those rough edges there are a strong chance for the gold at the Olympics.

Well.. Harden has been getting a ridiculous amount of free throws this season.

ThuglifeJ
11-04-2014, 12:04 PM
As a Raptor fan, Derozan is getting just as bad. He's always looking for a foul and when he doesn't get it he doesn't get back on defense, if I was Dwayne Casey it would drive me insane.

That's concerning to me. It's becoming more and more the trend it needs to be addressed.

fortunately, I actually like Silver so far maybe he will fix what is becoming the pansyiest league.

Especially since Derozan is generally a pretty nice down to earth guy, but he probably figures hey that's what we do now days.

ThuglifeJ
11-04-2014, 12:08 PM

Wow, defensive much? Horrible, non-funny analogy much?

and I'm speaking complete truth here. I just said how that bothers me even more than this gif here because it's consistent and my opinion. I dont know why you'd defend it, you really can't defend it, everyone has witnessed how he plays, which is flop to get to the free throw line.

Becoming a travesty to the game. The current stars are leading the pack now. I guess it's because they might not be much of stars PPG wise without all the flopping..

Knick_Fever
11-04-2014, 01:41 PM
(Scroll down a bit until you see the running loop)

Pretty hilarious, enjoy!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2255485-demarcus-cousins-kenneth-faried-and-rudy-combine-for-elusive-triple-flop

nastynice
11-04-2014, 01:44 PM
lol, I like how Collison just stopped playing. He's like wtf bro

nastynice
11-04-2014, 01:55 PM

lol, oh yea, the ol' snap back. Harden and Ginobli have completely mastered this one.

KnicksorBust
11-04-2014, 02:06 PM
Charles Barkley must be rollin' over in his grave.

Behold, the future of the NBA: https://vine.co/v/OO0tqxJvtiI

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, so I'll just do both.

I'd love to know the first player to ever flop. How did it even become so common? When I was a kid, I never flopped. Never had a coach say anything about flopping. I don't remember players from the 80s/90s doing this.

Goose17
11-04-2014, 02:26 PM
I don't remember players from the 80s/90s doing this.

Laimbeer, Divac, Stockton, Reggie, Bruce Bowen, Sam Cassell, Danny Ainge and Rodman in his later years (I'm certain Laimbeer taught him some tricks).

The rule changes made flopping more "accessible" for players, they can get away with it more now. The hand checking rule effected it a lot.

Goose17
11-04-2014, 02:27 PM
btw does the Manimal flop a lot? :/

IKnowHoops
11-04-2014, 02:38 PM
Synchronized Flopping. Its worth the laugh.

HoopsDrive
11-04-2014, 02:45 PM
Collison be like you can't be serious...

JLynn943
11-04-2014, 03:13 PM
that's embarrassing...

Sneaky
11-04-2014, 03:48 PM
Will there ever be a quadruple flop?

nycericanguy
11-04-2014, 04:31 PM
Refs need to stop rewarding it... Harden is getting to the line more than entire teams on certain nights...

AlixGx
11-04-2014, 04:42 PM
Out of curiosity, who was that foul actually called on?

I believe they called it on Kenneth Faried lol

Hawkeye15
11-04-2014, 05:20 PM
I believe they called it on Kenneth Faried lol

should have called it on that bomb that apparently went off in between them haha

Ariza's Better
11-04-2014, 06:16 PM

and I'm speaking complete truth here. I just said how that bothers me even more than this gif here because it's consistent and my opinion. I dont know why you'd defend it, you really can't defend it, everyone has witnessed how he plays, which is flop to get to the free throw line.

Becoming a travesty to the game. The current stars are leading the pack now. I guess it's because they might not be much of stars PPG wise without all the flopping..
Man, your not a strong reader are you. Also you can admit your feelings, your in a safe place.

IBleedPurple
11-04-2014, 06:27 PM
flopceptionlol

Flopgate?
The Floppening? <I'd go with this one.

Anyway, this is insanely bad.

amos1er
11-04-2014, 06:46 PM
That was some funny ****. Pretty sad when you think about it though. Fitting that it was Sacramento though considering it was Vlade who brought flopping to a whole new level at the turn of the millennium.

cmellofan15
11-04-2014, 06:57 PM
lol

Flopgate?
The Floppening? <I'd go with this one.

Anyway, this is insanely bad.

:laugh2: the floppening is great

nastynice
11-04-2014, 07:01 PM
That was some funny ****. Pretty sad when you think about it though. Fitting that it was Sacramento though considering it was Vlade who brought flopping to a whole new level at the turn of the millennium.

lol, yea, thats exactly who I was thinking of when I read the post where someone said they don't remember this in the 90's. He was on the Lakers when he was bringing back the flop. With a ****in vengeance!! I remember, Lakers had the worst announcers too, they be like, look what a beating he's taking. And ain't no one even touch him, lol.

IBleedPurple
11-04-2014, 07:06 PM
Vlade is a potential GOAT flopper.

Chronz
11-04-2014, 07:27 PM
I'd love to know the first player to ever flop. How did it even become so common? When I was a kid, I never flopped. Never had a coach say anything about flopping. I don't remember players from the 80s/90s doing this.

Phil Jackson says players used to flop on Wilt, Im guessing the smalls who would just stand in his way.

Hawkeye15
11-04-2014, 08:41 PM
Vlade is a potential GOAT flopper.

oh he is. I have said it before, I envision him in a dark, hot gym in Serbia, sitting on a folding chair, smoke dangling from his mouth, smelling like the hooker he was with last night cause he barely got up in time to make it, to his own "flop" clinic. Special guests are Rodman, Laimbeer, Manu, and when he isn't pleased, he gets up and shows them how to really flop, like a moving pick just sent him into the 15th row, as if Bruce Lee kicked him and Ali punched him at the same time..

SF8
11-04-2014, 11:20 PM
James Harden is jealous that he couldn't be a part of this.

FriedTofuz
11-04-2014, 11:42 PM
Man, your not a strong reader are you. Also you can admit your feelings, your in a safe place.

Okay, you really cant get mad at the person who mentioned James Harden briefly. Just because you're a rockets fan doesnt mean you have to be all biased and defensive. Harden Is a well known flopper and complainer. There are people on my team who Ill gladly admit suck on defense, but I dont understand the need to escalate his comment and say a weird analogy about a boy in pre-school. It was almost funny though, so Ill give you that for the effort.

Secondly, I just wanted to point out, that the correct word would be "You are" Not "your". replace "your" with " you're". Also, you're not a strong reader either if you really do not understand the difference between these two.

tredigs
11-04-2014, 11:53 PM
oh he is. I have said it before, I envision him in a dark, hot gym in Serbia, sitting on a folding chair, smoke dangling from his mouth, smelling like the hooker he was with last night cause he barely got up in time to make it, to his own "flop" clinic. Special guests are Rodman, Laimbeer, Manu, and when he isn't pleased, he gets up and shows them how to really flop, like a moving pick just sent him into the 15th row, as if Bruce Lee kicked him and Ali punched him at the same time..

The dude abides.

Cracka2HI!
11-04-2014, 11:58 PM
I normally don't go into flopping threads but I was intrigued by a 3 man flop. I was thinking "c'mon, how can 3 guys actually flop". Well I'm glad I checked out. All I can really say is LOL. I don't think the game is worse off for flopping. Gives us internet dorks something to talk about.

tredigs
11-05-2014, 12:05 AM
I normally don't go into flopping threads but I was intrigued by a 3 man flop. I was thinking "c'mon, how can 3 guys actually flop". Well I'm glad I checked out. All I can really say is LOL. I don't think the game is worse off for flopping. Gives us internet dorks something to talk about.

I'm the furthest thing from a sensationalist, or a thread-starter even, but this was next level absurdness. We can't let it go unnoticed.

Hawkeye15
11-05-2014, 12:13 AM
The dude abides.

he peed on your ****ing rug dude

brandt
11-05-2014, 12:20 AM
Well.. Harden has been getting a ridiculous amount of free throws this season.

Uh, maybe It's because he's been driving to the basket more.

brandt
11-05-2014, 12:28 AM

You can't honestly say that he flops every time he goes to the basket. And even if he did which he doesn't, he's still one of the best players out there. I have watched every game this year and because they are actually better than last year, at least up to this point, he hasn't had to do that as much. So just because he did it so much previously doesn't mean he is exactly the same this year. And might I add, his defense is way better too. People can change ya know. lol.

Ariza's Better
11-05-2014, 12:34 AM
Okay, you really cant get mad at the person who mentioned James Harden briefly. Just because you're a rockets fan doesnt mean you have to be all biased and defensive. Harden Is a well known flopper and complainer. There are people on my team who Ill gladly admit suck on defense, but I dont understand the need to escalate his comment and say a weird analogy about a boy in pre-school. It was almost funny though, so Ill give you that for the effort.

Secondly, I just wanted to point out, that the correct word would be "You are" Not "your". replace "your" with " you're". Also, you're not a strong reader either if you really do not understand the difference between these two.
Man, there is wrong stacked on wrong here. Re-read my original post. Did not defend Harden.

Also, I'm not a strong speller not I'm an ok reader, I'm not a strong speller.

tredigs
11-05-2014, 12:36 AM
he peed on your ****ing rug dude

**** it dude, let's go bowling.

cmellofan15
11-05-2014, 12:49 AM
Guys. Let's calm down and enjoy this piece of history. I'm not even mad and Faried was the one who got caught doing it lol.

0nekhmer
11-05-2014, 03:48 AM
Even my first time all star demar is learning the ways of the flop.. It's sad but you can't blame players for exploiting legal moves to gain an advantage over a broken system.

Vampirate
11-05-2014, 11:06 AM
We need classic music to go along with this.