PDA

View Full Version : Where we are halfway through the season

Vinny642
11-03-2014, 08:57 PM
We are 2nd in the NFC West, 6th in NFC.

Overall the team looks a lot less hungry, and the team chemistry is kind of all over the place.
We trade away one of the more dynamic players in the league, which all in all, I dont mind.

As good of a talent he is, he still is a punk. It isnt even worth keeping him, if he is going to demand the ball, and ***** and moan.

The key reason the Hawks dont look as amazing, other than the loss of extreme depth in the offseason, is our team health....

Our team is really hurting, Pete Carroll did say some people should be coming back, we really need it, obviously we aren't the favorites to repeat, but NO team WANTS to see us in the playoffs, I can guarantee that.

Lets get this W against the Giants... please(if not, I will never hear the end of it)

Boozerguy47
11-04-2014, 03:38 AM
I'll never understand why we completely ignore the quick/short passing game.

RadconRob
11-04-2014, 03:50 PM
Other teams do not ignore the quick/short passing game against us.

Seahawker562
11-04-2014, 06:47 PM
Dont health and depth go hand in hand though? Basically the same thing. Were not as talented as last year because we dont have the same talent playing as last year, plain n simple. Biggest loses are the injuries, Tate, WT3, & Dline

seahawks509
11-05-2014, 12:37 AM
We still have one of the deepest rosters in the NFL so I don't think losing the depth is our problem. We have a problem defending the HB passes and SD exposed that. They go on these long drives and wear our defense out. Then they play hard nosed defense and hope to keep the game close in the 4th quarter. Our offense then goes through a rough patch and our defense pays the price.

The other thing is that this is still a very young team. We went from the underdogs to getting everyones best. It's something we aren't used to. We have been playing pretty badly but we still are one of the best teams in the league. It's only a matter of time before we get clicking.

Boozerguy47
11-05-2014, 02:02 AM
Other teams do not ignore the quick/short passing game against us.

A valid point haha. I should have clarified. My intention was to refer to our offense.

Labgrownmangoat
11-05-2014, 11:02 AM
I'll never understand why we completely ignore the quick/short passing game.

Wilson can't see over his line. Thus any quick/short passing is going to have to go to the outside. I'll also add that quick timing routes do not appear to be Wilson's strength. Anyone recall the Rams game from last year, with about 10 missed slant routes?

We are on course for 10-11 wins, which will put us right in the mix for the division title, I believe.

aluck4life
11-05-2014, 12:00 PM
You hawks had a nice run. Notice the difference between Russell Wilson and Andrew luck now?

Vinny642
11-05-2014, 09:12 PM
You hawks had a nice run. Notice the difference between Russell Wilson and Andrew luck now?

One will have multiple rings and one will be ringless?

Boozerguy47
11-06-2014, 03:50 AM

Personally never said Luck was better or worse... He is obviously the former of the two. That said, nice to see him doing well in what is now the equivalent of the NFC West was back from 2004-2009.

seahawks509
11-06-2014, 05:07 AM

There has always been a difference. It doesn't take a genius to see that. But hey one has won a SB and the other hasn't. I leave it at that.

Thumper 88
11-06-2014, 09:18 AM
Lol

Baller1
11-06-2014, 06:41 PM

I'll take the guy who doesn't throw 4 picks in a game once the playoffs roll around.

Boozerguy47
11-07-2014, 12:14 AM
Wilson can't see over his line. Thus any quick/short passing is going to have to go to the outside. I'll also add that quick timing routes do not appear to be Wilson's strength. Anyone recall the Rams game from last year, with about 10 missed slant routes?

We are on course for 10-11 wins, which will put us right in the mix for the division title, I believe.

Watch the Green Bay game. Most quick slants/curls/outs I've ever seen Bevell call. Worked that game. What makes us better suited to constantly aim for the 15-25 yard throws? Our WRs don't win those match-ups. Then there is the fact the O-line can't protect Russell long enough for longer routes to develop... Seems like the ideal plan of attack would be Marshawn and some of those Mike Holmgren-quick-slants-to-Bobby Engram

Labgrownmangoat
11-07-2014, 09:50 AM

One of them has 4 starting O linemen out, and is on his 4th-string center? Yeah, we noticed. Did you?

seahawks509
11-10-2014, 05:46 PM
Watch the Green Bay game. Most quick slants/curls/outs I've ever seen Bevell call. Worked that game. What makes us better suited to constantly aim for the 15-25 yard throws? Our WRs don't win those match-ups. Then there is the fact the O-line can't protect Russell long enough for longer routes to develop... Seems like the ideal plan of attack would be Marshawn and some of those Mike Holmgren-quick-slants-to-Bobby Engram

We try but our receivers don't always win those matchups.

Vinny642
11-10-2014, 06:45 PM
We need a tall receiver badly, our short fast ones are cool and all but we need a legit big receiver. Also we need Miller back.

alexander_37
11-11-2014, 04:50 PM
People are sleeping on the Seahawks and ignoring the boatloads of injuries. Yes they struggled but I just don't see the defense being this stagnant with the low amount of turnovers and sacks.

Caribou Lou
11-12-2014, 01:27 AM
We're going to be hurting without Mebane the rest of the year.

jneises21
11-12-2014, 01:29 AM
How are you guys feeling about your matchup with the Chiefs? I still think you guys will pull it off unfortunately, but I love the matchup. Really similar teams

Right now we have the #1 pass d in the league with a bunch of nobodys.. And you guys obv have the best secondary in the league.

Two run first offenses with beasts for rb's., can't wait

Baller1
11-12-2014, 06:02 PM
How are you guys feeling about your matchup with the Chiefs? I still think you guys will pull it off unfortunately, but I love the matchup. Really similar teams

Right now we have the #1 pass d in the league with a bunch of nobodys.. And you guys obv have the best secondary in the league.

Two run first offenses with beasts for rb's., can't wait

I think we're the better team overall, but KC has a similar homefield advantage that we have... And that could be the difference. I think it largely depends on whether or not we have Kam, Smitty, and Maxwell back.

If Kam and Smitty don't play, and with Mebane out... It could be bad news for us against Jamaal.

Seahawker562
11-12-2014, 09:23 PM
We need a receiver plain n simple. Baldwin-Kearse are average at best, Lockette is a journeyman, and Prich/Norwood are rookies. If you ask me that is a **** WR corp.

Boozerguy47
11-13-2014, 02:13 AM
^ Agreed. Baldwin is awesome and Kearse ideally would be a fourth option. Richardson and Norwood are looking good though -- granted it's a very small sample size.

We need another pass rusher and a legit WR.

seahawks509
11-13-2014, 05:20 AM
KC feels like another Carolina type game.

Thumper 88
11-13-2014, 10:42 AM
Supposed to be 25 degrees come game time in KC

Seahawker562
11-13-2014, 03:44 PM
KC feels like another Carolina type game.

Agreed, except now were going to focus our gameplan on containing their RB (Charles) instead of the QB (newton). A lot of hawks fans are writing off this game already, but why? Because theyre at home and were are plagued with injuries? That to me is not enough, we are fully capable of taking control of this game with Seahawks tempo. Contain Charles and avoid dink and dunk passes to their mediocre receiving core and we should be just fine on defense. As for our offense, Lynch and Wilson rush combo will be they key to success once again. Get Wilson going so Lynch can feed off of that. Statistically KC run defense has not been great so I see us taking advantage. Like you said it feels like a game with the Panthers again (which we always end up winning :)

alexander_37
11-18-2014, 03:49 PM
I really think we should trade up Falcons style to grab a big #1 receiver or get a monster on the D-line.

Im still mad we didn't take Richardson or Patterson the past few years a I was banging those drums.

Baller1
11-22-2014, 12:32 PM
We lose this week and our season is over.

Caribou Lou
11-23-2014, 02:57 AM

they're in bad shape if they lose this week...but I think if they can swing 4 of these last six that'll put them in the 5 or 6 slot.

Thumper 88
11-23-2014, 03:22 PM

Yup..

Thumper 88
11-23-2014, 09:11 PM
Defense finally looked like the defense of old. Hopefully they can keep it up. The offense is what worries me though

Vinny642
11-24-2014, 01:14 AM
Not tooo worried about the offense. the Cards defense is one of the best in the league.

seahawks509
11-24-2014, 07:46 PM
We are in great position. The division is in reach if we win out. It's a tough task but definitely reachable. Even without the division i'd be surprised if we missed the playoffs. As of now the only teams we need to worry about are SF, DET/GB, and PHI/DAL. It's a 4 team race for 2 spots. I don't see two NFC East teams making the playoffs. If we beat PHI and DAL wins the division we basically eliminate them. I am also not confident DET won't fall apart like they have before. They have a somewhat easier schedule than GB. SF has ARI, OAK, and SD left. It's basically the same schedule as Seattle has. STL is tougher game than OAK but both should be winnable for both teams. The games I think could be the difference is SF vs SD and SEA vs PHI. I think PHI is a easier game than SD considering Sanchez will be the QB. I am a Sanchez supporter but there's a difference between him and Foles. I like our chances with Foles out. We could split with SF and lose @ ARI and make the playoffs if SF loses to SD and ARI (with split to Seattle). Arizona finishes strong with a 12-4 or 13-3 record with their losses coming to @STL and KC. I do think STL beats every team once and finishes with a 3-3 record in the division. It would take a complete meltdown to not make the playoffs.

Thumper 88
12-08-2014, 10:38 AM
Go check out that eagles forum (eagles vs Seahawks game thread) for a good laugh.

nandovelez
12-08-2014, 10:43 AM
Eagles fans are salty all over the web Claiming the refs cost them the game and how the hawks do nothing but hold on defense and sherman sucks and hes bad for football. And next time they face the hawks they will beat them haha. U guys made chip kelly and the offense look mediocre just like the 49ers did

Boozerguy47
12-16-2014, 01:02 AM
The Eagles' fans should have been busy massaging their players and bringing them Icy Hots to dull away the pain to prepare for the Cowboys. In all seriousness, I love how the majority of the Hawks' opponents lose the game following the contest with Seattle.

Vinny642
12-16-2014, 08:52 PM
The Eagles' fans should have been busy massaging their players and bringing them Icy Hots to dull away the pain to prepare for the Cowboys. In all seriousness, I love how the majority of the Hawks' opponents lose the game following the contest with Seattle.

I think it has been the passed 10 teams this season or around there, it is amazing.