PDA

View Full Version : What is your prediction for Perry Jones III?

Bruno
11-03-2014, 05:51 PM
We've all seen how Perry Jones has played in the past two games. How long does he keep this up? will he have a role once Durant and Westbrook are back at full strength? could he be the guy who can replace Hardens production? what does this potential emergence mean for the Thunder?

Check out the link if you haven't seen what he's been doing the past few games.

http://thunderobsessed.com/2014/11/03/answering-call-perry-jones-iii/

DillyDill
11-03-2014, 05:55 PM
Their next Sixth man no doubt

Chronz
11-03-2014, 05:59 PM
Dudes been a beast in 2K MyTeam for years.

slaker619
11-03-2014, 06:11 PM
Hopefully or the Thunder are done

Bruno
11-03-2014, 06:24 PM
Their next Sixth man no doubt
any chance he starts at 3 and Durant gets moved to small ball 4 for portions of games? hell, throw Jones in the post he can play down there.

Dudes been a beast in 2K MyTeam for years.
dude i had never heard of him before. i must have just not noticed him on the bench.

Hopefully or the Thunder are done
someone has to replace Hardens production and I don't think Jackson is the guy to do it. I think if Jackson can keep doing Jackson type things while Jones makes a big step, then the Thunder are scary.

Crackadalic
11-03-2014, 06:29 PM
Dude had lottery talent but I forgot why he fell. He is showing that with having more touches.

abe_froman
11-03-2014, 06:30 PM
i'm glad he seems to be putting it together,i liked him a lot coming out of college
How long does he keep this up? not for much longer,he'll regress some(but still be a good/starter material player)
will he have a role once Durant and Westbrook are back at full strength? i think so
could he be the guy who can replace Hardens production? thats too high of expectations,but he'll still be good
what does this potential emergence mean for the Thunder? that on paper they will be at the top of the west again

Chronz
11-03-2014, 06:33 PM
dude i had never heard of him before. i must have just not noticed him on the bench.

I edit rosters for fun. Lets you know how much of a loser I am but also lets me know odd details about minor players. 2K ratings are bad, but they arent complete fairy tales, a 6"11 do it all player has enormous potential.

Hes like what I always thought Jonathon Bender would become, that is, if he stays aggressive/accurate.

Chronz
11-03-2014, 06:34 PM
i'm glad he seems to be putting it together,i liked him a lot coming out of college
How long does he keep this up? not for much longer,he'll regress some(but still be a good/starter material player)
will he have a role once Durant and Westbrook are back at full strength? i think so
could he be the guy who can replace Hardens production? thats too high of expectations,but he'll still be good
what does this potential emergence mean for the Thunder? that on paper they will be at the top of the west again

Pretty much what I was thinking. If he develops perfectly, we can finally stop hearing about the Harden trade.

YAALREADYKNO
11-03-2014, 07:07 PM
Dude had lottery talent but I forgot why he fell. He is showing that with having more touches.

he had a ankle or knee injury or something like that, but yeah he was projected as a lottery pick before the injury. I'm glad that OKC finally has given him some playing time even tho Durant and westbrook are hurt. He can finally show that he can play

DillyDill
11-03-2014, 07:10 PM
any chance he starts at 3 and Durant gets moved to small ball 4 for portions of games? hell, throw Jones in the post he can play down there.

O yesss without hesitation Brooks has to experiment with it and Iblocka at the 5 nassssssstttyyyyyy

TO Rapz
11-08-2014, 01:35 AM
Loved Perry Jones coming out of college. He was a lottery pick that I kept an eye on that year because my Raps were tanking. Good for him.

waveycrockett
11-09-2014, 09:44 AM
Perry Jones is a stud. He was the #1 Overall prospect coming out of High School for a reason. He fell in the draft because alot of people questioned his passion for the game and attitude at Baylor as well as his slight frame and he was a tweener who drew comparisons to Anthony Randolph but the fact is his skill set and athleticism blows Randolphs out the water. He reminds me alot of a young Tracy McGrady. He really worked on his game this summer and it shows. His 3PT shot is legit and he has quick release. He has always been a good defender but now it looks like he can be a legit 20ppg scorer. I definitely think allstar is in his future

SF8
11-09-2014, 03:40 PM
Isn't he injured?

Bruno
11-09-2014, 06:54 PM
Harden put up 17-4-4 in 31 mpg on his obscene .66 TS% during his last season in OKC.

Even if he can get close to that. 15-4-4, two 3's on .57. that would be huge.

I edit rosters for fun. Lets you know how much of a loser I am but also lets me know odd details about minor players. 2K ratings are bad, but they arent complete fairy tales, a 6"11 do it all player has enormous potential.

Hes like what I always thought Jonathon Bender would become, that is, if he stays aggressive/accurate.

Pretty much what I was thinking. If he develops perfectly, we can finally stop hearing about the Harden trade.
That's awesome. do you recommend holding onto him in a full team keeper/legacy fantasy league?

O yesss without hesitation Brooks has to experiment with it and Iblocka at the 5 nassssssstttyyyyyy
Get some stretch 5 action out of Ibaka. he's 14/30 from three to start the season, 46% on 5 attempts a night.

Perry Jones is a stud. He was the #1 Overall prospect coming out of High School for a reason. He fell in the draft because alot of people questioned his passion for the game and attitude at Baylor as well as his slight frame and he was a tweener who drew comparisons to Anthony Randolph but the fact is his skill set and athleticism blows Randolphs out the water. He reminds me alot of a young Tracy McGrady. He really worked on his game this summer and it shows. His 3PT shot is legit and he has quick release. He has always been a good defender but now it looks like he can be a legit 20ppg scorer. I definitely think allstar is in his future
I see better focus in him then I ever saw in Randolph too.

Isn't he injured?
knee contusion, should be back in a game or two.

SoCal Bob
11-11-2014, 07:33 AM
Isn't he injured?

Yes, day to day.

ewing
11-11-2014, 10:08 AM
pain

crewfan13
11-11-2014, 11:38 AM
If I'm remembering correctly, I don't even really think it was his injury that caused him to fall in the draft. He just wasn't impressive in college at all. I'm a pretty big NBA draft guy, so I tried to watch Baylor with Jones every chance I could get, and every time, I'd come away super unimpressed. He'd have like one or two plays a game that would wow you. I remember one time, he took it cost to cost and hit this little fadeaway from the elbow coming right out of a spin move. It was such a great move, and unstoppable for someone his size. Then literally he would be almost invisible for the rest of the game.

I hope for his sake he's finally put it all together. I'll admit I haven't watched him much on the Thunder, so I can't say if his early season numbers are even somewhat sustainable, but if they are, he's always had the physical tools to be a really good player. Maybe being on a team where he could just develop his game as a deep bench player was exactly what the doctor ordered for him.

dhopisthename
11-11-2014, 02:50 PM
this was a guy who I couldn't believe fell so far and no one else picked him up. everyone who looked at his body and his athleticism knew that he could be great. However I can't completely blame as he was so inconsistent and completely lacked the drive to do anything in college. Then during the draft some news about a possible knee injury leaked and that apparently had him fall all the way to the thunder.