PDA

View Full Version : Chris Bosh Apology/Appreciation Thread

ghettosean
11-03-2014, 12:25 PM
I saw so many doubters that Chris Bosh was washed up, overrated, not deserving of a max contract... etc. He's playing just as I thought he would as he just deferred to Lebron and Wade and sacrificed his stats to make things work in Miami and win some championships. So far he seems to be a 20+ and 10 player do you think he will keep it up or is he still overrated and just on a lucky streak.

Thoughts?

Game 1: 26 Points, 15 Rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal, 1 block
Game 2: 30 Points, 8 Rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals
Game 3: 21 Points, 11 Rebounds, 4 assists

diu9leilomo
11-03-2014, 12:39 PM
he'll avg 20/9 at end of season, to me hes just the same player he was with a 3pt stroke. Not overrated, but for sure over paid

archdevil84
11-03-2014, 12:41 PM
it does look like he is realy trying harder to get those rebounds. I've seen him outjump some other bigs and realy stretch him arm to get the rebound where last year it would probably have been an offensive rebound for the other team. I think he can average 20/10 for sure this season if he keeps it up

Nick O
Been my favourite player for a decade. hes gonna be a top 5 pplayer in the league this year. i can see him holding around the 25 and 11 mark. adding a few times and a block or so a night. hes always been this good just sacrificed his talent for championships. people always wondered why he kept making all star games. this is what coaches saw in him. hes an amazing team player and is now stepping up when he has too. book him taking the Heat to the ECF . his 3pt % is great so far . he can play inside and outside at 6 foot 11 hard to stop that. hes getting to the line and hes going to keep getting there. hes takin em places.

archdevil84
he is indeed overpaid though

Nick O
11-03-2014, 12:42 PM
he'll avg 20/9 at end of season, to me hes just the same player he was with a 3pt stroke. Not overrated, but for sure over paid

but he averaged 24/11 once with the Raps. if hes the same player whys he gonna average less?

diu9leilomo
11-03-2014, 12:46 PM
but he averaged 24/11 once with the Raps. if hes the same player whys he gonna average less?

same player doesn't mean same averages, dwade is still a very capable player and he'll take some loads off bosh, lots good shooters on the heat team as well. Bosh assist# may go up

Sadds The Gr8
11-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Apologies for what? Everyone and their mothers knew he'd go back to around the Toronto averages. Don't take a couple of idiotic opinions from ppl and make it seem like the majority...

Hawkeye15
11-03-2014, 01:06 PM
he isn't worth his contract at all. Best case scenario, he turns into a 20/9 player with above average defense this year. For how long? What will he look like in 3-4 years?

He has started well, but it's 3 games. My god, how many overreaction threads to the first few games do we need every year?

JasonJohnHorn
11-03-2014, 01:13 PM
Going in, I expected Bosh to score more and show that he was still a very good first or second option, but I had reservations about his rebounding numbers. I have to say they look good so far. I hope they keep up. I still think Al Jefferson was more deserving of an All-Star nod last year, because Bosh wasn't rebounding the ball as well, but he's establishing himself as a solid rebounder. I understood that his scoring average only dipped because he was playing with talented scored, but there was no reason for his rebounding numbers to dip, especially when he was playing center.

Glad to see him playing like this again. Hopefully he keeps it up because it will make the East more interesting.

ghettosean
11-03-2014, 01:16 PM
Apologies for what? Everyone and their mothers knew he'd go back to around the Toronto averages. Don't take a couple of idiotic opinions from ppl and make it seem like the majority...

It's an appreciation/apology thread I'm not asking PSD to apologize just the doubters (if they want)

FOBolous
11-03-2014, 01:19 PM
nothing for me to apologized for. always said he was going to be good...he has not reached the age where he's declining yet nor did he have any health issues holding him back. "fit" was literally the only reason why he wasn't putting up stats. i also said that a Miami team with Bosh and a declining Wade is still good enough to be top 4 in the weak Eastern Conference.

KINGPIN 2-6
11-03-2014, 01:19 PM
Bosh has always been a baller, but when he went with Bron to MIA people started hating him for no reason

lamzoka
11-03-2014, 01:21 PM
Bosh is a baller. He was just living under bron's shadow. btw Heat will surprise a lot of people. as much as I hate them I won't be surprise if they come out of the east again.

ghettosean
11-03-2014, 01:39 PM
he isn't worth his contract at all. Best case scenario, he turns into a 20/9 player with above average defense this year. For how long? What will he look like in 3-4 years?

He has started well, but it's 3 games. My god, how many overreaction threads to the first few games do we need every year?

He's started the season with consistency... I don't think we need to wait till after Christmas to discuss how players are playing especially with all the media pressure Bosh has had since Lebron left it was top NBA news. There were lots of people who simply looked at his numbers playing with Lebron and Wade and assumed he will only get 10 points and 3 rebounds a game or something and just he sacrificed his game and stats to make things work in Miami.

ghettosean
11-03-2014, 01:41 PM
Bosh is a baller. He was just living under bron's shadow. btw Heat will surprise a lot of people. as much as I hate them I won't be surprise if they come out of the east again.

I agree they are a little better than I thought they would be... D-Wade and his health will be the X-Factor.

Ares
11-03-2014, 02:00 PM
I still think he's a closet homosexual. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But yeah he's playing great ball. Good for him.

Chronz
11-03-2014, 02:19 PM
He's started the season with consistency... I don't think we need to wait till after Christmas to discuss how players are playing especially with all the media pressure Bosh has had since Lebron left it was top NBA news. There were lots of people who simply looked at his numbers playing with Lebron and Wade and assumed he will only get 10 points and 3 rebounds a game or something and just he sacrificed his game and stats to make things work in Miami.

He himself admits its more than just Bron being gone, and I call BS on your accusations.

And Hawk is right, there is ZERO possibility that Bosh keeps up his current statistical output, just like there is zero possibility (well probably more like 20%) that Wade keeps up his current paltry output. What matters is where they are at with a statistically significant sample size. Wait till the Heat start losing to make this thread.

Chronz
11-03-2014, 02:21 PM
I agree they are a little better than I thought they would be... D-Wade and his health will be the X-Factor.

LOL. Anyone who thinks we know anything about anyone this early in, doesn't know the history of the game.

ghettosean
11-03-2014, 02:30 PM
LOL. Anyone who thinks we know anything about anyone this early in, doesn't know the history of the game.

What is this supposed to mean?

Do you not think Wade and his health are X-Factors for there success if not what do you think is the X-Factor for this team?

ghettosean
11-03-2014, 02:33 PM
He himself admits its more than just Bron being gone, and I call BS on your accusations.

And Hawk is right, there is ZERO possibility that Bosh keeps up his current statistical output, just like there is zero possibility (well probably more like 20%) that Wade keeps up his current paltry output. What matters is where they are at with a statistically significant sample size. Wait till the Heat start losing to make this thread.

What are you calling BS on you don't think he sacrificed his game in order to make things work in Miami? Do you think he is statistically better for another reason after the past 4 years of mediocrity? If so why and what reason?

Jamiecballer
11-03-2014, 02:34 PM
Chris Bosh is still one of the best players in the NBA. How many HOF'ers have sacrificed so much in the prime of their career as he did? I'm trying hard to think of any and the only one that comes to mind is Manu Ginobili.

Chronz
11-03-2014, 02:42 PM
What is this supposed to mean?

Do you not think Wade and his health are X-Factors for there success if not what do you think is the X-Factor for this team?

It means we dont know how good Miami is yet. Wade can be completely healthy, we still dont know how good they are.

What are you calling BS on you don't think he sacrificed his game in order to make things work in Miami? Do you think he is statistically better for another reason after the past 4 years of mediocrity? If so why and what reason?

Calling BS on you saying people predicting his per game averages would suffer. And like I said, I want to see what he puts up with more games in. And yes there are other reasons he himself has cited. Like an increased dedication to conditioning, people forget how few minutes this guy had to play last year.

ghettosean
11-03-2014, 02:56 PM
It means we dont know how good Miami is yet. Wade can be completely healthy, we still dont know how good they are.

LOL.... Ok at what point will we know? I was basing my OPINION off of the games that I've watched thus far and I didn't expect them to be this good so far.

Calling BS on you saying people predicting his per game averages would suffer. And like I said, I want to see what he puts up with more games in. And yes there are other reasons he himself has cited. Like an increased dedication to conditioning, people forget how few minutes this guy had to play last year.

Chronz you are calling me out on the history of the game and so far he's putting up numbers like he did in Toronto if you look at his last year in Toronto to what he's putting up now the numbers are nearly identical. Who knows though maybe it's just his conditioning like you are saying but lets not forget he told Love it's very frustrating to play with Lebron and specifically he had to sacrifice (here's a quote and link)

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ball-dont-lie/chris-bosh-warns-kevin-love-that-playing-with-lebron-james-can-be-frustrating-for-stars-031507786.html

"Yeah, it's a lot more difficult taking a step back, because you're used to doing something a certain way and getting looks a certain way," Bosh told Bleacher Report recently. "And then it's like, well, no, for the benefit of the team, you have to get it here.
"So even if you do like the left block, the volume of the left block is going to be different. Now you have to make those moves count. So with me, it was like a chess game. I'm doing this move and thinking about the next move and trying to stay five moves ahead. You're not getting it as much. If you got one or two a game, it's a lot different." [...]
"Exactly," Bosh said. "You just get your entree and that's it. It's like, wait a minute, I need my appetizer and my dessert and my drink, what are you doing? And my bread basket. What is going on? I'm hungry! Itís a lot different. But if you can get through it, good things can happen. But it never gets easy. Even up until my last year of doing it, it never gets easier." [...]
"It's going to be very difficult for him," Bosh said of Love's new task. "Even if I was in his corner and I was able to tell him what to expect and what to do, it still doesn't make any difference. You still have to go through things, you still have to figure out things on your own. It's extremely difficult and extremely frustrating. He's going to have to deal with that."

Maybe it's the training though but I think pre and post Lebron he's putting up similar numbers so I'll go with him having to sacrifice his game to make things work

D-Leethal
11-03-2014, 03:01 PM
Chronz tried so hard for the past 3 years to denounce the quality of LBJ's teammates to prop up LBJ himself that he cannot accept the fact that Bosh and Wade are still all stars.

Zero chance Bosh keeps this up? Why exactly? He has done it before. Bosh is still an all star. Wade is still an all star. Heat are still a top 3 team in the East without LBJ.

D-Leethal
11-03-2014, 03:03 PM
Funny how offensive he got at this thread though...

Its all Bosh's improved conditioning LOL

Big Zo
11-03-2014, 03:20 PM
I still think he's a closet homosexual. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But yeah he's playing great ball. Good for him.

Sounds like you're hiding something there yourself, buddy.

JustinTime
11-03-2014, 03:20 PM
Bosh should have went back with the Raptors he's exactly what they're missing right now.

Hawkeye15
11-03-2014, 03:23 PM

he was a 2nd tier star in Toronto, I would expect him to be the same again, with less athletic ability.

Not sure who you are referring to, saying they thought he would be some average starter or whatever. But he isn't a superstar, never has been, never will be.

Anytime you join a player like LeBron, and Wade at the time, your numbers will drop. That happens when talent joins talent many times, it's the pecking order of things.

He still isn't worth the deal he got. No way.

Jamiecballer
11-03-2014, 03:25 PM
Chronz tried so hard for the past 3 years to denounce the quality of LBJ's teammates to prop up LBJ himself that he cannot accept the fact that Bosh and Wade are still all stars.

Zero chance Bosh keeps this up? Why exactly? He has done it before. Bosh is still an all star. Wade is still an all star. Heat are still a top 3 team in the East without LBJ.

agreed. if anything this development only supports what most people said in the summer of 2010. 3 incredibly talented players, poor fit.

bucketss
11-03-2014, 03:48 PM
i think most people knew this would happen,

JIBM
11-03-2014, 03:49 PM

You call yourself a numbers guy yet you say " there is ZERO possibility that Bosh keeps up his current statistical output". I say he stays around 24/9

ghettosean
11-03-2014, 03:51 PM
he was a 2nd tier star in Toronto, I would expect him to be the same again, with less athletic ability.

Not sure who you are referring to, saying they thought he would be some average starter or whatever. But he isn't a star, never has been, never will be.

Anytime you join a player like LeBron, and Wade at the time, your numbers will drop. That happens when talent joins talent many times, it's the pecking order of things.

He still isn't worth the deal he got. No way.

Well he was an all star 9 times (out of an 11 year career) I mean I know being an all star and a star are different but when you are chosen 9 times you have to be somewhat of a star. Sad enough fans didn't really vote him in (I think it's really because he was in Toronto) but coaches snatched him up each year he wasn't voted in but it may prove my point even more that the experts/evaluators of the game hold him in high esteem.

As for his contract I disagree his max deal is way better than a lot of the contracts we are seeing signed now a days. He is also one of the best PF's in the game right now... He may even prove to be the best since he sacrificed numbers for 4 years. I suppose well see and be able to answer this question better come all star break (which I'm sure Bosh will make his 10th appearance).

abe_froman
11-03-2014, 03:55 PM
maybe this will teach some fans about the impact of sacrificing and roles play in determining stats.

Hawkeye15
11-03-2014, 03:57 PM
Well he was an all star 9 times (out of an 11 year career) I mean I know being an all star and a star are different but when you are chosen 9 times you have to be somewhat of a star. Sad enough fans didn't really vote him in (I think it's really because he was in Toronto) but coaches snatched him up each year he wasn't voted in but it may prove my point even more that the experts/evaluators of the game hold him in high esteem.

As for his contract I disagree his max deal is way better than a lot of the contracts we are seeing signed now a days. He is also one of the best PF's in the game right now... He may even prove to be the best since he sacrificed numbers for 4 years. I suppose well see and be able to answer this question better come all star break (which I'm sure Bosh will make his 10th appearance).

yeah, I went back and said "superstar", which is true. He isn't, never has been. I voted for him a few times in Toronto, and once in Miami for the all star game.

I think everyone is overpaid hahaha, so don't worry about my contract talk.

Meh, for him to be the best PF, that would mean he has to improve on the player he was in Toronto. With his mileage, and around where he is at in his career, it would surprise me a lot if he just had his best career year all of a sudden, and put up big improvements over his Toronto years.

Chronz
11-03-2014, 04:00 PM
LOL.... Ok at what point will we know? I was basing my OPINION off of the games that I've watched thus far and I didn't expect them to be this good so far.
Thats all fine and good but opinions based on such a sample size are fairly meaningless is my point. I dont know whats a great time to review but I do know week 1 is far from it.

Chronz you are calling me out on the history of the game and so far he's putting up numbers like he did in Toronto if you look at his last year in Toronto to what he's putting up now the numbers are nearly identical.
Only if we completely disregard efficiency, you're in for quite a shock if you expect him to sustain this. Thats OK tho, we all expected an increase in usage, just being factual here.

Who knows though maybe it's just his conditioning like you are saying but lets not forget he told Love it's very frustrating to play with Lebron and specifically he had to sacrifice (here's a quote and link)
Not telling me anything new nor did I say it was ALL conditioning so lets lose the straws here. Just being factual.

Maybe it's the training though but I think pre and post Lebron he's putting up similar numbers so I'll go with him having to sacrifice his game to make things work
LOL. They all had to sacrifice to win, thats the point of getting better teammates. You lose some thing in the way of averages for enhanced efficiency which is much more conducive to winning than being forced to chuck. Really dont know why you're coming with the angle of nobody expecting an increase in production, even worse, saying people expected a huge regression. Again, I call BS on your accusations, unless you were calling out some kid with 4 posts, I dont recall any such propaganda.

Funny how offensive he got at this thread though...

Its all Bosh's improved conditioning LOL
All? Full of straws are we? He himself brought it up, so I did as well. Not sure how you get the idea that Im taking offense but then again, Im still waiting for your response in that other thread.

Still an All-Star? When did I ever say he wasn't? LOL at such a middling accomplishment, besides, Im pretty sure I've consistently voted Bosh higher than most on here, I had him above LMA/Blake for a few years on that annual thingy and getting called out for it. Wade has been OK but hes already struggling with injuries and his production is really down (notice theres not a thread on that one tho). Im not sold on Miami being as good as you think, we'll see .

As for why he cant keep this up, its because he never has. You would realize this if your understanding of statistics went beyond the box score.

Chronz
11-03-2014, 04:09 PM
yeah, I went back and said "superstar", which is true. He isn't, never has been. I voted for him a few times in Toronto, and once in Miami for the all star game.

Meh, for him to be the best PF, that would mean he has to improve on the player he was in Toronto. With his mileage, and around where he is at in his career, it would surprise me a lot if he just had his best career year all of a sudden, and put up big improvements over his Toronto years.

If theres a good thing to come from Bron forcing Bosh to defer (aside from championships), its that hes had to learn how to impact the game without many touches. Now hes getting the touches but after years as an outlet, he has the expanded range to work with now. Hes declined athletically but hes a much better shooter and hes still quicker than most Centers. I 100% doubt we see a career year statistically because that was a perfect storm for him his last year in Toronto but I do think hes a better player now, at least in terms of impacting the W column. His defense alone makes him a better player IMO. Thats why the main thing I would focus on, is how Miami declines defensively more than his own individual production.

Munkeysuit
11-03-2014, 04:10 PM
I will take some time to admit on being a Heat fan that jumped on the Cavs bandwagon when Lebron left, but while he was with the Heat, I was a huge fan of Bosh's game, not so much a fan of the way he constantly uses his logic to evade deeper issues behind why he wasn't contributing as much as he should/could.
I was hoping and praying he'd just one day break down and say "I need the ball more" or "I need more plays called for me" I mean it really felt like he shy'd away from the attention because he didn't want to step on anyones toes...if anyone on that team deferred to anyone else, it would be Chris Bosh deferred to Bron and DWade.
This was really getting out of hand when they suddenly expected him to start shooting 3's, I mean I am not saying he CAN'T shoot it, it's just that what made Bosh such a great player in Toronto was now gone! he had to become a totally different player with a different set of skills, I still give him the credit he deserves but he could go further being a bit more tough and rugged.

Chronz
11-03-2014, 04:22 PM
You call yourself a numbers guy yet you say " there is ZERO possibility that Bosh keeps up his current statistical output". I say he stays around 24/9
Dont think I've ever called myself a numbers guy but you've showed me 2 numbers.

Hawkeye15
11-03-2014, 04:22 PM
If theres a good thing to come from Bron forcing Bosh to defer (aside from championships), its that hes had to learn how to impact the game without many touches. Now hes getting the touches but after years as an outlet, he has the expanded range to work with now. Hes declined athletically but hes a much better shooter and hes still quicker than most Centers. I 100% doubt we see a career year statistically because that was a perfect storm for him his last year in Toronto but I do think hes a better player now, at least in terms of impacting the W column. His defense alone makes him a better player IMO. Thats why the main thing I would focus on, is how Miami declines defensively more than his own individual production.

I agree with that to an extent. While I am not sure his metrics individually will be better, or possibly as good as his last year in Toronto, his impact in the winning column might be greater. He is not the same athlete, but has a better all around game.

The sentiment of the thread though, is off to me. I don't think many said he didn't have a large impact on Miami winning games. To say Bosh did go through some rough patches at the worst possible time comes playoffs here and there is a fair criticism, it isn't saying he sucks, like the OP is kind of alluding to, or has in the past..

Chronz
11-03-2014, 04:27 PM
I agree with that to an extent. While I am not sure his metrics individually will be better, or possibly as good as his last year in Toronto, his impact in the winning column might be greater. He is not the same athlete, but has a better all around game.

The sentiment of the thread though, is off to me. I don't think many said he didn't have a large impact on Miami winning games. To say Bosh did go through some rough patches at the worst possible time comes playoffs here and there is a fair criticism, it isn't saying he sucks, like the OP is kind of alluding to, or has in the past..

Yeah I dont care what your role is or how big it seems that you finally showed up at the end of the game, but going scoreless in the Finals is going to draw criticism. Its as if people think playing with Bron completely exonerates his teammates of any shortcoming, I guess Bron really is expected to do it all.

Nick O
11-03-2014, 04:27 PM
Chris Bosh is still one of the best players in the NBA. How many HOF'ers have sacrificed so much in the prime of their career as he did? I'm trying hard to think of any and the only one that comes to mind is Manu Ginobili.

this. I think it shows bosh is also an amazing team player. to give up his prime for championships. alot of good players have egos to big for that

Nick O
11-03-2014, 04:30 PM
Bosh Can be a superstar though. when hes on no one can stop him. hes 6-11 with an inside and an outside game. I hold him higher than players like Aldridge cause Bosh scores from every spot on the floor and still shoots over 50% every season. hes a great all around player who sacrificed alot. next 3 years hel be in the top 5 in the league.

Bruno
11-03-2014, 04:44 PM
Bosh has always been this player, he just limited himself so he could mesh with LeBrons game as smoothly as possible. LBJ might pass the ball a lot, but his teams are still 100% about him. Bosh sacrificed a lot for two rings. Miami will be good and so will Chris Bosh.

he's still not worth his contract because it's so long, but he'll be an all-star this year.

JIBM
11-03-2014, 04:52 PM
Dont think I've ever called myself a numbers guy but you've showed me 2 numbers.

Those two number are my opinion, what i think he will average. Reading through your comments you would think your stating facks saying things like " ZERO chance" and making up these percentages. I'm pretty sure you think your never wrong.

naps
11-03-2014, 04:58 PM
Bosh will have by far his best year this season. He is infinitely better as a player than he was in his raptor days. His defense, his shooting, his passing, his overall IQ are off the charts compare to his days in Toronto. Do people know he was the best PnR defender in the league last season? Exactly. I wanna see how much better Kevin Love is than Bosh this season since he was given so much credit for putting up empty stats. I think realistically he puts up 23/9 this season and becomes a top 7 player in the league according to most basketball experts.

Rockice_8
11-03-2014, 05:02 PM
Everyone and their mother knew he would stuff stats. Thing is will the winning continue? 3-0 is great but lets see what they look like after 20 games. I'm still not convinced they are a real threat to the top teams in the East.

Wade's fg% is hurting like I thought it would. No creators on that team for him and he really can't do it much on his own anymore.

ghettosean
11-03-2014, 05:21 PM

I agree that I don't believe he's ever been a true superstar meaning a player like Lebron, Durant... etc.

Chronz
11-03-2014, 05:41 PM
Those two number are my opinion, what i think he will average. Reading through your comments you would think your stating facks saying things like " ZERO chance" and making up these percentages. I'm pretty sure you think your never wrong.
what does that have to do with my post tho?

I Can guarantee he doesn't keep his current productive level and When i say that, i mean more than2 numbers. I'm talking about his entire statistical profile

smith&wesson
11-03-2014, 05:41 PM
he will have good stats, but wont lead the heat very far.... come back to tdot bosh

FriedTofuz
11-03-2014, 07:12 PM
Bosh is going to average at least 22/10, where is this 20/9 coming from? He is still a good rebounder.
While in Miami, he has improved his shot, efficiency, his 3pt, his passing, his defense and his ball iq, I agree t whoever mentioned this earlier. Bosh lost a lot of his bulk though, Im not sure if his body is able to drive in the paint like he kept doing back in toronto at nearly every possesion back when he average 24/11. The thing about bosh is he's so consistent that he will always have consistent numbers like that.

FriedTofuz
11-03-2014, 07:13 PM
As for if he's overpaid, ofc, he got a max contract because the heat were desperate to retain him. Not his fault, frankly, he's earned it, he sacrificed a lot of his ego for the heat an for lebron to win 2 ships. I think it's payday for bosh.

JordansBulls
11-03-2014, 07:25 PM
Guys aren't going to be effective playing next to Lebron if they were the cornerstone of a franchise because they won't get the ball that much as far to make plays. Players most effective around Lebron are guys who are catch and shoot type of players. If guys are playmakers or scorers and need the rock a lot there effectiveness will go down tremendously.

HoopsDrive
11-03-2014, 07:38 PM
he will have good stats, but wont lead the heat very far.... come back to tdot bosh

I share the same sentiment... I wish he came back to Toronto after his run with Miami. Too late now but a man can dream...

Lowry
DeRozan
T-Ross
CB4
Valanciunas

That's a sick team with guys like Vasquez and Amir off the bench. No idea if the cap even allows but **** it... that's a nice looking side if Valanciunas, DeRozan and T-Ross keep their steady development.

JustinTime
11-03-2014, 08:13 PM
I share the same sentiment... I wish he came back to Toronto after his run with Miami. Too late now but a man can dream...

Lowry
DeRozan
T-Ross
CB4
Valanciunas

That's a sick team with guys like Vasquez and Amir off the bench. No idea if the cap even allows but **** it... that's a nice looking side if Valanciunas, DeRozan and T-Ross keep their steady development.

Toronto would have had a shot at a title with that lineup and the addition of a couple vets,

Redrum187
11-18-2014, 11:00 PM
I just wanted to bump this thread and keep it updated.

41.5% FG, 81.3% FT, 8.7 REB, 2.9 AST, 2.3 TO, .7 BLK, 1.4 STL, 19.9 PPG

I expect his FG % to go up a little bit, his rebounds to continue to go down, points to be about the same and his assist to stay about the same.

bucketss
11-18-2014, 11:05 PM
his rebounding and scoring went up a bit, and his shooting percentages plummeted. as expected

Chronz
11-19-2014, 12:30 AM
Ever since the creation of this thread his stats have nosedived, predictably so. Hes arguably having his worst season since his rookie/2nd season. Thats how inefficient hes been, but I expect him to get some help from Wade coming back.

SportsFanatic10
11-19-2014, 01:19 AM
Ever since the creation of this thread his stats have nosedived, predictably so. Hes arguably having his worst season since his rookie/2nd season. Thats how inefficient hes been, but I expect him to get some help from Wade coming back.

ya mcroberts and especially wade are the heats only good playmakers, without them bosh has been suffering. he also just seems to be in a shooting slump lately even missing many good looks and going cold from 3. his shooting is bound to pick up again soon, i think his points and rebounds will hold pretty steady to around where they are now, he wasn't gonna keep up with his hot start but i think 20/9 is doable for him.

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-19-2014, 02:16 AM
Bosh is a beast. Unfortunately for him, he was playing with someone who vacuumed all his stats away.

Slug3
11-19-2014, 10:41 AM
Bosh is a beast. Unfortunately for him, he was playing with someone who vacuumed all his stats away.

Feels weird that you are not bashing Miami, lol.

valade16
11-19-2014, 11:20 AM

He is currently shooting 41.5% FG and 30.8% 3-PT. The idea that he's back to being old Bosh is misguided. He was never as bad as people made out with Bron but he certainly isn't back in his prime.

Chronz
11-19-2014, 01:18 PM

LOL. Not paying attention are you

Chronz
11-19-2014, 01:18 PM

Why? He doesn't have a grudge against any single team, especially not this Miami team. His vendetta has been clear from day 1.

Chronz
11-19-2014, 01:22 PM
He is currently shooting 41.5% FG and 30.8% 3-PT. The idea that he's back to being old Bosh is misguided. He was never as bad as people made out with Bron but he certainly isn't back in his prime.

I dont have the same outlook on his public perception, he was every bit as bad as I remember people saying, nobody said he wasn't still an All-Star but you actually had people who thought we would be seeing peak Bosh again. Even tho there was plenty of evidence that we would NEVER see that guy again.

Maybe we spoke with different posters but I was honestly expecting more than this. I still am, its very early and hes still adjusting.

What Im most curious about is how hes going to play in this post season. Will he save his best for that or will he continue his trend of disappointment.

Slug3
11-19-2014, 01:36 PM
I dont have the same outlook on his public perception, he was every bit as bad as I remember people saying, nobody said he wasn't still an All-Star but you actually had people who thought we would be seeing peak Bosh again. Even tho there was plenty of evidence that we would NEVER see that guy again.

Maybe we spoke with different posters but I was honestly expecting more than this. I still am, its very early and hes still adjusting.

What Im most curious about is how hes going to play in this post season. Will he save his best for that or will he continue his trend of disappointment.

Honestly a lot of Bosh's problems lie in what Spo runs, and that is that he doesn't know what to run. There are nights where he gets Bosh good touches and a lot of looks. Then there are nights where he seems to gorget Bosh is on the team. I feel I am one of the few Miami fans who thinks Spo is a terrible coach when it comes to offense.

J_M_B
11-19-2014, 01:55 PM
The guy had a four game shooting slump. Let's relax. He's still one of the better perimeter shooting bigs in the league with the ability to take most centers off the bounce with that quick first step of is. Arguably the best pick & roll defender and solid defensively in every other aspect. Still a very valuable commodity

Tony_Starks
11-19-2014, 02:07 PM
I like what I've seen from Bosh so far. Ironically enough being banished to the three point line the last few years has actually improved his overall game. Now that he has the freedom to operate from the mid post or take you outside he's a extremely hard cover once he gets rolling....

Chronz
11-19-2014, 03:24 PM
I like what I've seen from Bosh so far. Ironically enough being banished to the three point line the last few years has actually improved his overall game. Now that he has the freedom to operate from the mid post or take you outside he's a extremely hard cover once he gets rolling....

You like that hes having the 3rd worst season of his career thus far?

valade16
11-19-2014, 03:55 PM

I wasn't expecting the shooting %'s we are seeing but it hasn't really been that long. I too am curious to see where he settles in terms of his production.

Chronz
11-19-2014, 04:41 PM
I wasn't expecting the shooting %'s we are seeing but it hasn't really been that long. I too am curious to see where he settles in terms of his production.

I used to put him above guys like LMA, needless to say he needs to do alot more than this for me not to regret that. Unless he truly has declined that much.

ghettosean
11-19-2014, 04:44 PM

They are 10 or 11 games in 5 games ago it would have been one of his best starts. The season is still young.

ghettosean
11-19-2014, 04:47 PM

He's rolling with you now... lol... To be fair i don't think he has ever dissed Bosh.

valade16
11-19-2014, 04:50 PM
I used to put him above guys like LMA, needless to say he needs to do alot more than this for me not to regret that. Unless he truly has declined that much.

Don't worry, I bet a lot of people feel silly for putting LMA above Anthony Davis prior to the start of this season (myself included).

I am also interested to see what people think of Kevin Love in the coming years (should he keep up roughly his current statistical output). There's no doubt his stats are not as gaudy as Minny but obviously he has less opportunities. How will we be able to determine if he has pulled a Bosh and legitimately regressed or if he is simply "taking one for the team".

Hawkeye15
11-19-2014, 05:03 PM

he follows LeBron around with his hate, obviously

Chronz
11-19-2014, 06:13 PM
They are 10 or 11 games in 5 games ago it would have been one of his best starts. The season is still young.

Agreed. That was kind of my point from the beginning when I predicted the drop off in the first place. Lets save the apologies for when there is actually a significant sample of games.

Go back a few pages and take a gander at the ghosts who said I was out of line for what I was saying.

Chronz
11-19-2014, 06:22 PM
he follows LeBron around with his hate, obviously

LOL, how is that not painfully obvious to everyone by now, surprised? Must be new to the hate

Hawkeye15
11-19-2014, 06:55 PM
LOL, how is that not painfully obvious to everyone by now, surprised? Must be new to the hate

The Ray Finkle of LeBron haters..

Tony_Starks
11-19-2014, 07:05 PM

Key words "thus far." I didn't go overboard when he started the season really strong, I'm not going to panick now that he's hit a slump.

I'm impressed by the way he is actually playing. Hes more well rounded on both ends of the floor.

Chronz
11-19-2014, 07:13 PM
Key words "thus far." I didn't go overboard when he started the season really strong, I'm not going to panick now that he's hit a slump.
Yeah, the same key words you used to preface that you liked what you've seen from him. The only difference between then and now is that the sample size has grown, thats why its odd for you to approve of such a poor start overall.

I'm impressed by the way he is actually playing. Hes more well rounded on both ends of the floor.

What do you mean by actually playing? I've seen all his games, not sure what you mean by more well rounded either. Both sides lol... you cant be serious... hes defending better than he ever did in Toronto thats for sure, but his production overall is well off what it used to be and hes definitely not as efficient as he was on both ends when LeBron was around. Thats to be expected but to drop off this much offensively is something I hope he conquers.

Chronz
11-19-2014, 07:31 PM
The Ray Finkle of LeBron haters..
Thats an insult to Ray Finkle, who had every (personal) reason to hate Marino. Bron has done nothing to this kid yet his arguments couldn't be more dense.