PDA

View Full Version : How would things have turned out for the HEAT &...

Dade County
11-02-2014, 06:30 PM
OKC, if Riley would have contacted Sam Presti and proposed a trade...

Lbj for WestBrook & Ibaka? (You can add in the fillers if you want too, draft picks, supplementary players...etc)

You can say the trade happen in January or closer towards the trade deadline of last season (whatever floats your boat).

I think it would have been pretty hard for Lbj to leave a player like KD (even if the league set it up for Lbj to go back home).

Presti would have went up to KD and said, I got Lbj here, now you help me keep him here. KD could never say that his GM never got the big fish.

While with Miami, they would have had a devastating one to punch with Bosh & Ibaka.

Wade would have understand that WestBrook is the NEW Wade lol, and he would not have gotten in the way of his slashing style or growth.

OKC:
Reggie
? Sefolosha/Fisher/ (a shooter from the HEAT bench)
KD
Lbj
Perk

HEAT:
West
Wade
? Beasley/Rashard Lewis/Shane Battier/
Bosh
Ibaka

I don't believe Lbj would have left, he would have been on his 3rd team now, and walking away form KD, is like walking away from a prime Shaq lol

And yeah HEAT fans would have been mad at first, but as time passed, they would have fell in love with Westbrook (his style of play would have reminded us of young Wade), and Ibaka shot blocking would have reminded us of Alonzo Morning.

Posters, just try to think about if the trade did go down... How would it have benefited both teams (last season and this season)?... Would Lbj had re-sign with OKC?And how would it have affected both fan bases (last season & this season)?

Reasons for GM making the trade:

Pat Riley: Long term commitment & still can come out of the EAST.

Sam Presti: Crating the best duo of forwards ever in the modern era... Two once in a generation players on the same team, in their prime.

goingfor28
11-02-2014, 06:32 PM
I think okc says no bc lebron wouldn't re sign there, otherwise it's an interesting proposal

koreancabbage
11-02-2014, 06:34 PM
Miami would be hella scary,

Westbrook
Wade
Bosh
Ibaka

bucketss
11-02-2014, 07:02 PM
finals, probably for miami

slashsnake
11-02-2014, 07:05 PM
A lot of the same stuff though. LBJ and Durant both seem to be best fits at the 3.

Wade and Westbrook seem to both really thrive most with the ball in their hands, and play that a similar role.

Bosh and Ibaka are both guys you'd call a big 4...

I think they all have the talent to make it work, but it looks like making one or two area's REALLY strong, and not helping the area's that truly need it. Just a thought.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-02-2014, 07:46 PM
Thunder would have won the title easily. Durant would have produced a lot better than Bosh and Wade did.

You also would have the Thunder make a trade for a SG (maybe Allen goes with Lebron in the trade, which is fair since you give up 2 great players under control for a few years for half a season of the best player in the league).

Cal827
11-02-2014, 08:02 PM
I'd be really really scared of Miami. Two strong all-star veterans with another potential superstar developing at PG.

Westbrook
Wade

Bosh
Ibaka

Bosh can go back to being a 4 or him/Ibaka can alternate the system depending on what their match-ups. Bosh is an elite offensive PF, and Ibaka is a good defender. Bosh also has improved Defense from being in Miami's system.

The only main thing that I would think they would need is a guy who can hit the long range shots, but they could just go get one or two of them off the market to back-up Westbrook/Wade. Otherwise, they would probably be the Best in the East still lol

Dade County
11-02-2014, 08:26 PM
A lot of the same stuff though. LBJ and Durant both seem to be best fits at the 3.

Wade and Westbrook seem to both really thrive most with the ball in their hands, and play that a similar role.

Bosh and Ibaka are both guys you'd call a big 4...

I think they all have the talent to make it work, but it looks like making one or two area's REALLY strong, and not helping the area's that truly need it. Just a thought.

Very nice...

But in todays NBA, Bosh & Ibaka can easily switch from PF to Center on any given rotation (this would completely destroy most teams) . But what you said about Wade & West is very true.

Thunder would have won the title easily. Durant would have produced a lot better than Bosh and Wade did.

You also would have the Thunder make a trade for a SG (maybe Allen goes with Lebron in the trade, which is fair since you give up 2 great players under control for a few years for half a season of the best player in the league).

I said you can fill in the blanks.

But yes I was thinking the same too, Ray would probably go in the trade.

Also, so do you think Lbj would have left KD (I don't think so)?

Raps18-19 Champ
11-02-2014, 08:35 PM
I said you can fill in the blanks.

But yes I was thinking the same too, Ray would probably go in the trade.

Also, so do you think Lbj would have left KD (I don't think so)?

He would have left at some point since going to Cleveland was definitely on his mind.

If they won, he resigns for 2 years then goes to Cleveland. If they lose, then he goes to Cleveland when he hit FA.

Dade County
11-03-2014, 10:38 AM
I'd be really really scared of Miami. Two strong all-star veterans with another potential superstar developing at PG.

Westbrook
Wade

Bosh
Ibaka

Bosh can go back to being a 4 or him/Ibaka can alternate the system depending on what their match-ups. Bosh is an elite offensive PF, and Ibaka is a good defender. Bosh also has improved Defense from being in Miami's system.

The only main thing that I would think they would need is a guy who can hit the long range shots, but they could just go get one or two of them off the market to back-up Westbrook/Wade. Otherwise, they would probably be the Best in the East still lol

Money post.

He would have left at some point since going to Cleveland was definitely on his mind.

If they won, he resigns for 2 years then goes to Cleveland. If they lose, then he goes to Cleveland when he hit FA.

Man, if he walked away from KD, what type of hit would his legacy take... They are 1, 2 in the league, the last two MVP winners.

I think Pat if Pat did that trade, it would have locked Lbj in... And destroyed the league plans. He might have went back to Cleveland 5 yrs from now, but not in two.

But you never know, he is a con-artist (along with other players).