PDA

View Full Version : MJ: "We need someone who can compete against Bron, simple as that"

IKnowHoops
11-02-2014, 04:40 PM
Is Jordan admitting Bron is in a class all his own with this statement?

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/sports/5-nba-players-jordan-could-target-to-stop-lebron-james.html/?ref=YF

goingfor28
11-02-2014, 04:40 PM
Time to unretire, MJ!

tredigs
11-02-2014, 04:46 PM

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/sports/5-nba-players-jordan-could-target-to-stop-lebron-james.html/?ref=YF
He's not concerning himself with anybody in the West (as he mentions "to get through the East...", etc). He's just trying to get his team to the Finals, and in a conference with so few legitimate teams, it's not a bad play to get someone who can play LBJ tough.

But, I'll leave it at that and let you fap in peace.

Teeboy1487
11-02-2014, 04:49 PM
He's not concerning himself with anybody in the West (as he mentions "to get through the East...", etc). He's just trying to get his team to the Finals, and in a conference with so few legitimate teams, it's not a bad play to get someone who can play LBJ tough.

:laugh2:

slashsnake
11-02-2014, 04:53 PM
In the east? Sure.

Granted Lebron for his career is averaging 26 points on 52% shooting 5.5 assists and 8 boards while Stephenson is averaging 9.5 points and 5 boards on 43% shooting.

so while Jordan might be right that he competes against Lebron, he might instead want someone who competes well against him. lol

In all honesty, last year in the playoffs I thought while he was a bit out of control, he had some solid moments there.

JEDean89
11-02-2014, 05:03 PM
MJ may just have the guy he's looking for in MKG. Kawhi Leonard "Kingslayer", proved last year that a guy could hold his own against Lebron for 5 games. Previously we'd seen Butler, George and Kawhi all do it for a few games, but LBJ eventually wore them down. Kawhi finally broke the mold and showed just what he could do to him.

MKG is off to a great start this year. He is proving to be at least a somewhat decent offensive player, and his defense is a big reason why Charlotte is one of the best in the league. Everyone always said he was a jumpshot away from superstardom, and the only problem was that his jumpshot was atrcious. He seem s to have gotten it to at least the point where it's not a liability and that's all he needs to create a driving lane. I think MKG will prove to be the 3rd or 4th best player in that draft, his 2 way impact will be very impressive.

IKnowHoops
11-02-2014, 05:15 PM

Thanks. Great breakdown.

Seizabmc
11-02-2014, 07:54 PM
The only 3 guys that match up well against lbj are melo , p George , and kwai L

Raidaz4Life
11-02-2014, 07:56 PM
I'm pretty sure every team needs a guy who can compete against Lebron

Kaner
11-02-2014, 08:44 PM
The only 3 guys that match up well against lbj are melo , p George , and kwai L

Am assuming Jordan meant defensively and mentally in which case Jimmy Buckets is at the top of the list in my book. Durant played him really tough last season as well.

ghettosean
11-02-2014, 09:03 PM
Time to unretire, MJ!

Lol

Thunder-Sooner
11-03-2014, 03:24 PM
It's simple. All you need is a combination of Luke Walton and Brian Scalbarine... Nobody is gonna shoot over or go around those two.

Slug3
11-03-2014, 03:40 PM
2 of them are in the West so they didn't have to see Lebron in the playoffs, but the rest of them have not been able to stop Lebron the last 4 years.

Munkeysuit
11-03-2014, 04:01 PM
That is NOT going to happen anytime soon, we've all been witnesses on how to put a stop to Lebron over the years, it's called team work! there is no 1 player on this entire planet that can stop Lebron James.

MassoDio
11-03-2014, 05:20 PM

Is this a serious question, or a troll thread? I am seriously asking. Simply put, if that is what someone would take from that comment, in that context, they should probably retake some grade school reading comprehension classes.

LeBron is the best player in basketball. He plays in the East. His teams have been to the finals in the East for the last 4 years. Jordan's team plays in the East. They need someone who can compete, physically and mentally (not in a numbers based way), in order for his team to make it where he wants them to go.

There is no hidden message in what he is saying.

Plainly put...We need to be able to be LeBron in the East. We need a guy who can compete with him in order to do that.

amos1er
11-03-2014, 06:46 PM

Lol. what hypocrisy. When Jordan said that Kobe was better than Lebron for all those years you all scoffed and referenced his pick of Kwame Brown number one overall to discredit his talent evaluation skills... Now that he says something positive about Lebron, I don't see any of those people bringing that up. Guess you guys will take any victory you can get.

Hawkeye15
11-03-2014, 06:50 PM
Lol. what hypocrisy. When Jordan said that Kobe was better than Lebron for all those years you all scoffed and referenced his pick of Kwame Brown number one overall to discredit his talent evaluation skills... Now that he says something positive about Lebron, I don't see any of those people bringing that up. Guess you guys will take any victory you can get.

for one of the few times, I agree haha.

Not sure why anyone cares about what Michael Jordan says, when he has shown 2 things:

He can't evaluate talent
He craps on anyone that might touch his legacy, until he knows they are not able to anymore

Jordan probably believes he could still take 3 months to get in shape and score 20 a night...

ReBirthofNumber81
11-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Lbj the best in the game

JordansBulls
11-03-2014, 07:27 PM
He needs to get Jimmy Butler. Jimmy Butler will lock Lebron down so hard that Lebron will retire to try something else.

amos1er
11-03-2014, 07:40 PM
for one of the few times, I agree haha.

Not sure why anyone cares about what Michael Jordan says, when he has shown 2 things:

He can't evaluate talent
He craps on anyone that might touch his legacy, until he knows they are not able to anymore

Jordan probably believes he could still take 3 months to get in shape and score 20 a night...

Baby steps. Lol.

Jordan, much like Wilt is a very egotistical sort. Wilt once said that he could score well over 100 in the 90's as it was a much softer and less talented era than the one he played in. Ego can really blind people from making the correct decisions. Just look at the mess Jim Buss has created in the Lakers front office because he thinks he knows more than Phil Jackson... An 11 time coaching champion.

Hawkeye15
11-03-2014, 07:51 PM
Baby steps. Lol.

Jordan, much like Wilt is a very egotistical sort. Wilt once said that he could score well over 100 in the 90's as it was a much softer and less talented era than the one he played in. Ego can really blind people from making the correct decisions. Just look at the mess Jim Buss has created in the Lakers front office because he thinks he knows more than Phil Jackson... An 11 time coaching champion.

agree with everything.

"Did we just become best friends!?" (Step Brothers ref)

PurpleLynch
11-03-2014, 07:54 PM
Expect Neal or Stephenson to lose his job. I smell MJ coming out of retirement.

PurpleLynch
11-03-2014, 07:57 PM
agree with everything.

Awwww...so cute.

Hawkeye15
11-03-2014, 10:09 PM
Awwww...so cute.

I hate you

amos1er
11-03-2014, 10:48 PM
agree with everything.

YUP!!!

Lol. One of my favorite comedies for sure. Even better than the original Dumb and Dumber IMO.

Though I'm sure this will be short lived until the next Kobe/Bron war.

FlashBolt
11-03-2014, 11:22 PM
If Jordan needs someone to stop Bron, doesn't that imply that Bron is the one holding them back from their ultimate success? Why doesn't he say, "We need someone to beat the Spurs"? Because, LeBron is the problem for them. If they past LeBron, they get past arguably their biggest challenge. So, twist it all you want but Jordan said it himself.

Kaner
11-04-2014, 12:33 AM
If Jordan needs someone to stop Bron, doesn't that imply that Bron is the one holding them back from their ultimate success? Why doesn't he say, "We need someone to beat the Spurs"? Because, LeBron is the problem for them. If they past LeBron, they get past arguably their biggest challenge. So, twist it all you want but Jordan said it himself.

This is what you are doing. Read the full quote.

Confusious
11-04-2014, 08:23 AM
Am assuming Jordan meant defensively and mentally in which case Jimmy Buckets is at the top of the list in my book. Durant played him really tough last season as well.
A rookie is on the same level as Durant, says Chicago fans. Too cute.

He needs to get Jimmy Butler. Jimmy Butler will lock Lebron down so hard that Lebron will retire to try something else.
For a game maybe. Then LeBron will make him his *****, like he always does.

Kaner
11-04-2014, 12:10 PM
A rookie is on the same level as Durant, says Chicago fans. Too cute.

No idea what your talking about here but if you're referring to 4th year Veteran Jimmy Butler I never said he was on the same level as Durant. I'll try to be more clear, Butler is clearly on a level above Durant defensively, most notably against Lebron.

For a game maybe. Then LeBron will make him his *****, like he always does.

Okay, it's pretty hard to take your trolling seriously when you're the most well known bandwagon hopper on this forum.