PDA

View Full Version : How are you liking the new season so far?

kobe4thewinbang
11-02-2014, 04:13 PM
I think there have been some good games, starting with Mavs/Spurs on opening night. Screwy finish--I hope the refs don't do that frequently this year just to try out/boast the new replay center.

As a Lakers fan I am sad to see Kobe playing well (despite not shooting his best) and scoring loads of points, but wish Lin would get the hang of things in LA. Everybody else has been useless so far, and losing Randle sucks.

I think Derrick Rose will be okay, and Chicago looks good. It's nice to see Pau Gasol putting up 15-20 points. He seems happier as a Bull and it's a shame he wasted away in LA for so many needless years. Nerves seem to be getting to LeBron, turnover-centric so far, but some good games involving the Cavs. Surprising to see the Knicks beat them after getting crushed at home. Klay Thomspon looks great right now. No wonder Minnesota wanted him so bad.

Overall, I am very pleased with the new season so far but hope injuries (e.g. Westbrook, etc) stop happening.

tredigs
11-02-2014, 04:33 PM
I think there have been some good games, starting with Mavs/Spurs on opening night. Screwy finish--I hope the refs don't do that frequently this year just to try out/boast the new replay center.

As a Lakers fan I am sad to see Kobe playing well (despite not shooting his best) and scoring loads of points, but wish Lin would get the hang of things in LA. Everybody else has been useless so far, and losing Randle sucks.

I think Derrick Rose will be okay, and Chicago looks good. It's nice to see Pau Gasol putting up 15-20 points. He seems happier as a Bull and it's a shame he wasted away in LA for so many needless years. Nerves seem to be getting to LeBron, turnover-centric so far, but some good games involving the Cavs. Surprising to see the Knicks beat them after getting crushed at home. Klay Thomspon looks great right now. No wonder Minnesota wanted him so bad.

Overall, I am very pleased with the new season so far but hope injuries (e.g. Westbrook, etc) stop happening.

Your best player is Jordan Hill, not Kobe; whose 1:1 Ast/TO ratio and super inefficient shooting, lack of rebounding along with arguably the worst guard D in the game is just not helping them win (a few incredible plays aside). Jordan Hill and Ed Davis have been really solid. In fact they're the only players on your team without a negative WS/48. But overall, the team will lose 60 games on account of it's ridiculous defense. You can't let a backcourt put up 70+ points on 80% TS. Ever.

As for the rest of the league, it's just too early to really take much away other than I feel bad for OKC. Back to back years we weren't able to see them healthy in the post-season and now they may not make it at all. From what was setting up to be a potential dynasty 4 years ago is wasting away in front of our eyes due to untimely injuries to their marquee talent. Sucks.

Oh yeah, and Bosh is proving to the naysayers just how great of a player he is and why box-score stats are so overrated due to a players role.

kobe4thewinbang
11-02-2014, 04:46 PM
Your best player is Jordan Hill, not Kobe; whose 1:1 Ast/TO ratio and super inefficient shooting, lack of rebounding along with arguably the worst guard D in the game is just not helping them win (a few incredible plays aside). Jordan Hill and Ed Davis have been really solid. In fact they're the only players on your team without a negative WS/48. But overall, the team will lose 60 games on account of it's ridiculous defense. You can't let a backcourt put up 70+ points on 80% TS. Ever.

As for the rest of the league, it's just too early to really take much away other than I feel bad for OKC. Back to back years we weren't able to see them healthy in the post-season and now they may not make it at all. From what was setting up to be a potential dynasty 4 years ago is wasting away in front of our eyes due to untimely injuries to their marquee talent. Sucks.

Oh yeah, and Bosh is proving to the naysayers just how great of a player he is and why box-score stats are so overrated due to a players role.Hill had a big game last night. Lakers are just pretenders this season, but they showed flashes of confidence last night then Klay Thompson happened.

I feel bad for OKC too. Westbrook should be back and carry them like Durant carried them last season, but injuries (e.g. Ibaka vs. Spurs) really does plague them year after year. Bosh has been impressive. I think Miami might make it to the second round.

tredigs
11-02-2014, 05:08 PM
Hill had a big game last night. Lakers are just pretenders this season, but they showed flashes of confidence last night then Klay Thompson happened.

I feel bad for OKC too. Westbrook should be back and carry them like Durant carried them last season, but injuries (e.g. Ibaka vs. Spurs) really does plague them year after year. Bosh has been impressive. I think Miami might make it to the second round.

Agreed, Miami's still a very solid team (though along with Lebron losing most of their 3pt studs is going to hurt). The Lakers showed plenty of confidence against the Clips the night before too, but they just cannot get a stop to save their life right now. That's their main issue they need to work to improve in trades/drafts because it's more than a coach can system plan for.

Fun to see Derrick Favors starting to put it all together, too. He's crushing.

ThuglifeJ
11-02-2014, 05:25 PM
I'd give it a solid 8/10 so far. Im really enjoying the fact every game matters in the west for playoff contenders. Its nice to give a shot for a change this early.

Watching Bron choke opening night was nice too...

IKnowHoops
11-02-2014, 05:29 PM
1. Anthony Davis is a Beast!
2. Bosh has been on a mission!
3. Kobe is still an off target gun!
4. Bron is still the best!
5. CP3 will take a step back
6. Splash brothers will take a step forward
7. John Wall looks great.
8. Houston looks better this year
9. Cavs made the right trade
10. Heat will be fine this year...top 4 in the east.
11. I know hoops!

SF8
11-02-2014, 05:30 PM
Hill had a big game last night. Lakers are just pretenders this season, but they showed flashes of confidence last night then Klay Thompson happened.

Lakers aren't pretenders. Pretender means a team that is putting up wins but doesn't have realistic chance at actually winning a championship.

Lakers can't even put up wins.

IKnowHoops
11-02-2014, 05:44 PM
12. Lakers are worse than the 76ers!
13. Why did Sacremento let go of Isaiah Thomas? Dude is sick!
14. Westbrook and Durant Injuries could be a blessing in disguise!
15. Like what I see from Nikola Vucevic!
16. Faried will have a good year and is worth his contract!
17. Cavs can rebound like a mother!
18. Kemba is super clutch and super inefficient!
19. Noah's scoring ability is an F!
20. D Rose is still explosive!

JasonJohnHorn
11-02-2014, 06:40 PM
I've been most impressed with John Wall and Anthony Davis. I was't big on Wall his first couple season. He looked like a Stephan Marbury in the making.... now he's starting to look like Isiah Thomas with better defence and rebounding. I'm VERY impressed. His percentages are up too.

Davis is just WOW! But the Pelicans are still losing.

That said, the rookies have been unimpressive so far... I know it's just the start of the season, but Wiggins hasn't even broken double-digits yet. Noel looks like a solid defender/rebounder though.