PDA

View Full Version : Like A Bosh averaging 28 & 11.5; was he right that LBJ was holding him back

P&GRealist
11-01-2014, 11:40 PM
He had 26 & 15 in the opener and tonight he had 30 & 8.

He's playing like a monster on both ends of the floor. He looks even better than Toronto Chris Bosh.

WHat do you guys think?

Vampirate
11-01-2014, 11:43 PM
It's 2 games, let's see where he's at when the All Star break rolls around.

TrueFan420
11-01-2014, 11:51 PM
There is no doubt that he had to change his game to fit LBJ and the heat the past couple of years and it was taking away from the player he was. He won't keep these numbers up but he's gonna have a great season statistically.

JasonJohnHorn
11-01-2014, 11:52 PM
He's playing great, but I don't think he meant that LBJ was holding him back so much as limiting his averages. Bosh still played as well offensively with LBJ on the floor, it's just LBJ was a better scoring options (look at his percentages next to Bosh's). But that said, Bosh wasn't rebounding well the last couple years and that's on him, not LBJ. It's not like LBJ (or anybody on the Heat roster) was averaging 10+ boards a game.

HoopsDrive
11-01-2014, 11:59 PM
LeBron wasn't holding anyone back, not intentionally at least. Bosh had to sacrifice the most out of the big 3 for Miami's game plan to work and he knew it. The focus was on LeBron in the big 3 era and the other players had to adapt. With LeBron gone there's a huge need in the offense that needs to be filled and obviously Bosh is gonna be the focus and they will plan their offense to maximize his effectiveness so his numbers are expected to go up.

I'm not surprised at all that Bosh is doing well without LeBron, he already proved himself as a versatile scorer in Toronto and his play in Miami never indicated any level of regression, just a very different approach to the game that saw his numbers decrease considerably.

SoCal Bob
11-01-2014, 11:59 PM
Blake Griffin is also averaging 31 points per game.. Holy **** best player in the NBA! :jumpy:

TylerSL
11-02-2014, 12:04 AM
Both Bosh and Wade had to change their game to fit around Lebron, but I wouldn't say Lebron held them back because the changes were necessary to succeed. Now that Lebron is no longer in Miami, Bosh and Wade get more opportunities with the ball. Bosh is better player in Miami than he was in Toronto, and call me a homer, but IMO he could be a MVP candidate this year. It is 2 games, but I expect this all season from Bosh.

beasted86
11-02-2014, 12:04 AM
1) LeBron wasn't holding anyone back. Bosh was playing a role.

2) It's 2 games.

I hope posters see it's not a HEAT fan making this non-sense unneeded thread.

slaker619
11-02-2014, 12:11 AM
Only 2 games chill

Raps18-19 Champ
11-02-2014, 12:19 AM
He's not going to keep that up. Maybe in the 23-25 PPG range.

But it wasn't a secret Bosh could put up those numbers. He did that in Toronto and chose to go to Miami.

Hawkeye15
11-02-2014, 12:29 AM
we have a GT.

This forum needs to be cleaned up.