PDA

View Full Version : New NBA lockout coming

jericho
10-31-2014, 10:24 PM
We all know the new TV deal that's coming. But still this GMs are crazy throwing out money like its nothing. I don't blame the agents because that's what they do. In fact those agents should get a raise for getting those contracts. But the thing that bothers me is that the owners are gonna start arguing when its clearly their GMs fault for giving throwing that money. Anyways enough of my rambling I want to hear what some other poster that have more knowledge on this think. How does the TV contract + this ridiculous player contracts that we have seen this few months are gonna affect it.

FlashBolt
10-31-2014, 11:14 PM
I think it's painfully acceptable for NBA fans. While we do want to keep our players, there is no way some of these players deserve even half of what they are getting paid. This Klay deal will go down as one of the worst because he's nowhere near $22.5 a year. GM's probably go over this with the owner so I'm more than confident some sort of TV deal is going to increase the cap, but even then, NBA is overpaying their players. There is simply no way you can justify Klay Thompson getting that paycheck. He's a replaceable player.

abe_froman
11-01-2014, 12:53 AM
revenue is booming.i doubt there will be a lockout,a strike is more likely

DemarDerozan
11-01-2014, 01:45 AM
If there is a strike it's going to have to wait until guys like Pierce, Kobe and Timmy are out of the league. The biggest complaint from the Lebron generation has been too many games in the regular season. Most old-school guys find this embarrassing...

Paying Klay 22.5 mil for 82 games is a little crazy.
Paying a player of his or any caliber 22.5 for 66 or 68 games is ludicrous,

lamzoka
11-01-2014, 02:54 AM
I think it's painfully acceptable for NBA fans. While we do want to keep our players, there is no way some of these players deserve even half of what they are getting paid. This Klay deal will go down as one of the worst because he's nowhere near $22.5 a year. GM's probably go over this with the owner so I'm more than confident some sort of TV deal is going to increase the cap, but even then, NBA is overpaying their players. There is simply no way you can justify Klay Thompson getting that paycheck. He's a replaceable player.

Didn't Klay sign a 4 years 70 mills extension? I'm not Albert Einstein here, but I think thats 17.5 mills a year, which is still a lot.

Klay is a 12 mills a year type of player at max

Goose17
11-01-2014, 08:14 AM
Since when was Klay making 22 Million a year? People need to get their facts right. He's making a little more than Hayward, who he is more or less on par with.

jericho
11-01-2014, 08:29 AM
Yeah i don't know where everybody is getting the 22.5 for Klay. The max contract for a player coming from a rookie contract compared to one that has been in the league for like 7 to 9Yrs its way different

Goose17
11-01-2014, 09:22 AM
Don't get me wrong I can totally see why people think he's overpaid. But what he's gotten isn't that far removed from what the market dictates he is worth.

goingfor28
11-01-2014, 10:20 AM
I've never understood the too many games complaint. MLB plays 162, over the course of 6 months. That's about 27 games per month. And about 20 off days out of 180 from April through September. Don't see them complaining, but NBA players complain about half as many and about having to play back to backs. Wahhhh

Saddletramp
11-01-2014, 11:19 AM
Comparing what baseball players do and what basketball players do is like comparing long distance sprinters with relay runners.

jericho
11-01-2014, 12:39 PM
Players from before all played an 82 game season and they didn't complain. They also didn't have all this medical advancements that we have now a days. Soo i really don't get why players are complaining about it.