PDA

View Full Version : Lebron James Career and Legacy?

RocketLoc80
10-31-2014, 01:38 PM
To me my personal opinion I think Lebron James will go down as the most disrespected player in history. He came into the league and exceeded the hype and people were on board until 2010 when you had pundits like Skip Bayless questioning his fortitude and later internet trolls like Bruce Blitz questioning his heart,skill and passion for the game. Even 2 NBA Titles people refuse to recognize him as a champion saying he got lucky he went to Miami and D Wade and Bosh carried him and the Heat would`ve and will win without him. Now even he goes back to arguably one of the worst teams last year and now people still crap on him and saying he is done winning and calling him a coward ? So what has Lebron do from here on out to finally gain the respect like other greats

D-Leethal
10-31-2014, 01:44 PM
All-time dominant talent with a fragile mindstate.

RocketLoc80
10-31-2014, 01:45 PM
All-time dominant talent with a fragile mindstate.

Rhetorical nonsense and propaganda so i take he won`t win anymore titles huh/

D-Leethal
10-31-2014, 01:52 PM

Never said that. I think he will win at least a couple more.

verceroth
10-31-2014, 01:53 PM
would've been more respected if he stayed in Miami instead of crawling back to Ohio, after what that owner and people said to/about him.

5ass
10-31-2014, 01:54 PM

There is some truth to it. The problem is most of the time its highly exaggerated by people that hate him.

Tony_Starks
10-31-2014, 02:06 PM
His worshipers will say he was the best most dominant player ever only 2nd to MJ or perhaps even call him the GOAT

Neutral fans will say he was one of the greatest all around players ever but mentally weak and criticize his hopping to two super teams

Haters will pick his career apart on and off the court and say that none of his rings count...

P&GRealist
10-31-2014, 02:26 PM
To me my personal opinion I think Lebron James will go down as the most disrespected player in history. He came into the league and exceeded the hype and people were on board until 2010 when you had pundits like Skip Bayless questioning his fortitude and later internet trolls like Bruce Blitz questioning his heart,skill and passion for the game. Even 2 NBA Titles people refuse to recognize him as a champion saying he got lucky he went to Miami and D Wade and Bosh carried him and the Heat would`ve and will win without him. Now even he goes back to arguably one of the worst teams last year and now people still crap on him and saying he is done winning and calling him a coward ? So what has Lebron do from here on out to finally gain the respect like other greats
Aren't you the clown that kept making LeBron and Heat bait threads all last season? :rolleyes:

RocketLoc80
10-31-2014, 02:29 PM
Aren't you the clown that kept making LeBron and Heat bait threads all last season? :rolleyes:

SO what not like you making threads about you propping up your hero Kobe to make everybody else look bad. (Dwight,Lebron,Shaq, James Harden) give this **** up man your a troll and a ****** one at that too. AT least JB makes his feelings known and is good at it

P&GRealist
10-31-2014, 06:46 PM
SO what not like you making threads about you propping up your hero Kobe to make everybody else look bad. (Dwight,Lebron,Shaq, James Harden) give this **** up man your a troll and a ****** one at that too. AT least JB makes his feelings known and is good at it

I actually can't stand Kobe. Nice try junior.

Vinylman
10-31-2014, 07:04 PM
cum stain on humanities chin?

Jamiecballer
10-31-2014, 07:07 PM
Cum doesn't stain skin you idiot

amos1er
10-31-2014, 07:19 PM
Disrespected... :eyebrow: The guy has been anything but. He was anointed "The King" and "The Chosen One" when he came out of High School into the NBA. He was the Ringless King for the better part of his career until he colluded to form "The Super Friends" where everyone treated his titles as "Jordanesque" even though he needed more help than anyone in the top 15 of All-Time has ever needed to win.

The apologists this guys has are ever far reaching and limitless as are his sponsorships and media hype. If anything, this guy was put on a pedestal since day one and hasn't had to work as hard as his contemporaries. You all celebrated this guy like Jordan when he won only 1/3 the amount with far more talent at his side against far weaker competition. Not to mention the showering of MVP trophies the media has bestowed upon him and the refs that just let the guy flop and travel his way to Valhalla.

The only "Disrespect" this guy has ever face is the legit criticisms made by those who didn't buy into all of is marketing hype. Those of us with enough sense to question the things around us that just don't make any sense. IMO, he doesn't get near enough criticism.

KnicksorBust
10-31-2014, 07:23 PM

He is wildly considered the best player in the world and has been for over half a decade. He has under achieved in terms of team success and that has left him wide open to criticism. How do you want people to react to him when he fails? You cant annoint yourself the King and win 0 rings in Cleveland... then claim to win 5...6..7... and only win 2. He buries himself.

amos1er
10-31-2014, 07:24 PM
So what does he have to do to get the same respect you ask... How about the same if not more amount of work and success that they had. Stop acting like the guy is on the level of guys like Jordan, Kareem, Wilt, and Magic. Let him actually earn his accolades instead of overhyping the guy to the point where he all just can't stand him because his fans are so obnoxious and delusional. That would be a great start.

bucketss
10-31-2014, 07:27 PM
So what does he have to do to get the same respect you ask... How about the same if not more amount of work and success that they had. Stop acting like the guy is on the level of guys like Jordan, Kareem, Wilt, and Magic. Let him actually earn his accolades instead of overhyping the guy to the point where he all just can't stand him because his fans are so obnoxious and delusional. That would be a great start.

good thing you didn't add kobe to that list. btw and lebron and wilt are tied in chips, i thought chips was all that mattered? i guess not.

amos1er
10-31-2014, 07:28 PM
He is wildly considered the best player in the world and has been for over half a decade. He has under achieved in terms of team success and that has left him wide open to criticism. How do you want people to react to him when he fails? You cant annoint yourself the King and win 0 rings in Cleveland... then claim to win 5...6..7... and only win 2. He buries himself.

Great points.

ghettosean
10-31-2014, 07:28 PM
His worshipers will say he was the best most dominant player ever only 2nd to MJ or perhaps even call him the GOAT

Neutral fans will say he was one of the greatest all around players ever but mentally weak and criticize his hopping to two super teams

Haters will pick his career apart on and off the court and say that none of his rings count...

This!

koreancabbage
10-31-2014, 07:36 PM
would've been more respected if he stayed in Miami instead of crawling back to Ohio, after what that owner and people said to/about him.

nah, it was the most logical path for him. Either he stayed in Miami or went back to Cleveland. Would've been disrepected if he went to another team.

amos1er
10-31-2014, 07:37 PM
good thing you didn't add kobe to that list. btw and lebron and wilt are tied in chips, i thought chips was all that mattered? i guess not.

Only a novice would use ring count and not know how to objectively factor in other criteria. I tell you all time after time that a players rings must be weighted by how much help they received and how tough their competition was. Wilt faced far greater competition in the 60's Celtics than Lebron ever faced in his career. If not for Russell, than Wilt might have had 6-8 chips with far less of a team than anything Lebron played with in Miami. Put Wilt on those Miami teams and I could almost guarantee you that they win 4/4 titles. That is the difference.

bucketss
10-31-2014, 08:15 PM
Only a novice would use ring count and not know how to objectively factor in other criteria. I tell you all time after time that a players rings must be weighted by how much help they received and how tough their competition was. Wilt faced far greater competition in the 60's Celtics than Lebron ever faced in his career. If not for Russell, than Wilt might have had 6-8 chips with far less of a team than anything Lebron played with in Miami. Put Wilt on those Miami teams and I could almost guarantee you that they win 4/4 titles. That is the difference.

you always make weird arguments. what the heck?

DemarDerozan
10-31-2014, 08:17 PM
His legacy should read something like this:

Best athlete in basketball for 4-5 years and above average scorer/passer with average defense outside of chase-down blocks...

Won MVP four times in the least competitive era in the leagues history with the fewest amount of "superstars".

Was handed a gift wrapped opportunity to play with two of the three other biggest superstars of his peer group/draft class and still went 2 for 4 in the Finals (2-5 overall, would be 1 for 5 if not for last second heroics by Ray Allen).

Twice sold out the team that he swore devotion to in light of a situation that fitted his personal interests best.

He is truly a pioneer. He introduced the new age of self-obsessed narcissists who call themselves NBA stars and constantly stroke each other's egos on social media. The King of superficial compliments and distasteful proclamations. Had a lot of help from Nike, ESPN and the league itself during the Stern era. Will most likely fall into the center of a corruption scandal once he is finally past his prime, like so many other larger than life athletes who could not outlast their backers/endorsers. (Bonds, Favre, Woods, etc.) He's lost his coach and his superfriends. Once he starts losing games and money there will be no one to protect him.

bucketss
10-31-2014, 08:53 PM
lebron really makes people emotional.

Jamiecballer
10-31-2014, 08:59 PM
Disrespected... :eyebrow: The guy has been anything but. He was anointed "The King" and "The Chosen One" when he came out of High School into the NBA. He was the Ringless King for the better part of his career until he colluded to form "The Super Friends" where everyone treated his titles as "Jordanesque" even though he needed more help than anyone in the top 15 of All-Time has ever needed to win.

The apologists this guys has are ever far reaching and limitless as are his sponsorships and media hype. If anything, this guy was put on a pedestal since day one and hasn't had to work as hard as his contemporaries. You all celebrated this guy like Jordan when he won only 1/3 the amount with far more talent at his side against far weaker competition. Not to mention the showering of MVP trophies the media has bestowed upon him and the refs that just let the guy flop and travel his way to Valhalla.

The only "Disrespect" this guy has ever face is the legit criticisms made by those who didn't buy into all of is marketing hype. Those of us with enough sense to question the things around us that just don't make any sense. IMO, he doesn't get near enough criticism.
Don't you get tired of this utter garbage? Your posts are pure propaganda.

krazylegz
10-31-2014, 09:11 PM

wouldve even MORE respected if he never left ohio in the first place

IBleedPurple
10-31-2014, 09:17 PM
Hairline
Lebron
Kobe
Lakers

Miltstar
10-31-2014, 09:26 PM
Lebron is spoiled, he wants to be the GM coach and best player on the team. Unfortunately he's only good at one of those things. He keeps putting himself in position to fail... he'd be better if he just shut up, worked hard and balled out. He's too much of a diva to be the GOAT. I'm not a hater by any means but he would be a lot more respected if he had stuck it out with the Cavs and won a few titles there instead of jumping ship whenever the weather gets a little gloomy

bucketss
10-31-2014, 10:22 PM
Lebron is spoiled, he wants to be the GM coach and best player on the team. Unfortunately he's only good at one of those things. He keeps putting himself in position to fail... he'd be better if he just shut up, worked hard and balled out. He's too much of a diva to be the GOAT. I'm not a hater by any means but he would be a lot more respected if he had stuck it out with the Cavs and won a few titles there instead of jumping ship whenever the weather gets a little gloomy

really? he did just land marion/love, and possibly ray allen soon. seems to me hes a pretty good gm, unless ofcourse thats the one hes good at.

albertajaysfan
10-31-2014, 11:06 PM

I agree with the shutting up and just playing. That is what stands out to me.

Switching teams I don't care about. It is the fact that he runs his mouth to the media that tarnishes his reputation for me. I mean seriously Cleveland's home opener being the greatest sporting event of all time? Come on. I could understand if it was game 7 of the finals.

I prefer players who have class when dealing with the media and are ferocious animals on the court. The guy is so talented I was genuinely excited to see him give Jordan a run at the GOAT conversation. Unfortunately unless he performs at an epic level over the next few years I just don't see it. Seems like a waste of his immense talents. He has put too much energy into his image instead of channeling the energy towards the game and allowing that to create the image.

FlashBolt
10-31-2014, 11:20 PM
I agree with the shutting up and just playing. That is what stands out to me.

Switching teams I don't care about. It is the fact that he runs his mouth to the media that tarnishes his reputation for me. I mean seriously Cleveland's home opener being the greatest sporting event of all time? Come on. I could understand if it was game 7 of the finals.

I prefer players who have class when dealing with the media and are ferocious animals on the court. The guy is so talented I was genuinely excited to see him give Jordan a run at the GOAT conversation. Unfortunately unless he performs at an epic level over the next few years I just don't see it. Seems like a waste of his immense talents. He has put too much energy into his image instead of channeling the energy towards the game and allowing that to create the image.

He said it will be one of and he wasn't wrong... The amount of attention that received was enormous. Two days into his season and you're already saying he's not the same? Lol, you haters are trying to justify why you hate him with these lame arguments. For one, LeBron is BEING the leader of a young team. There's also a coach who hasn't coached a single game in NBA. There's also the fact that he's the most experienced NBA player on that team. Of course he is the one in command. I don't see how he's trying to be the GM or coach. Would you rather he be like Leonard and stay shut? He's a 4x MVP, 2x NBA CHAMPION, and countless other achievements.. and you're treating him like a rookie? It's two games into the season.. Shut up and stop hating.

Miltstar
11-01-2014, 12:18 AM
I just hope the young stars coming up in the league will look more to how guys like Tim Duncan, Kevin Durant, Dwayne Wade, Chris Paul, Dirk Nowitzki, Demar Derozan and Lamarcus Aldridge conduct themselves and see where guys like LBJ, Howard, Melo, Vince Carter, Tracy Mcgrady, Steve Francis etc have been detrimental to their careers and tainted their image unfortunately with Lebron being the face of the NBA a lot of kids are gonna come up having the wrong attitude

IKnowHoops
11-01-2014, 01:54 AM

Cum doesn't stain skin you idiot

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::l augh:

IKnowHoops
11-01-2014, 02:06 AM
The passion behind the moronic rationale from these haters is pure comedy.

SanAntonioSpurs23
11-01-2014, 07:28 AM
You can't be 2-5 in the finals and be GOAT.

Jamiecballer
11-01-2014, 10:03 AM
You can't be 2-5 in the finals and be GOAT.
I think it is possible. When you are the best of Magic, who most people agree is top 10, and can score with Jordan like efficiency I think you certainly can. It all depends on how he ages now IMO.

Goose17
11-01-2014, 10:10 AM
You don't know what you've got until it's gone.