PDA

View Full Version : Westbrook hand injury

Htownballa1622
10-31-2014, 02:11 AM
Coach Scott Brooks says Russell Westbrook has a small fracture in his right hand.

Tough break for okc.
Pun not intended.

SanAntonioSpurs23
10-31-2014, 02:15 AM
Looking like he could miss around 4 weeks or so. Huge loss for OKC. Going to be tough to make up ground to try and get a top 4 seed.

Perry Jones time to shine.

goingfor28
10-31-2014, 02:20 AM
Tough blow

goingfor28
10-31-2014, 02:26 AM
Russell Westbrook has fracture in right hand

Russell Westbrook | OKC

(October 31, 2014 1:44 AM EDT)

Russell Westbrook suffered a small fracture in his right hand, according to coach Scott Brooks.

This is getting ridiculous for OKC. Westbrook is likely going to miss 4-8 weeks based on most hand fractures, but the team will likely provide a prognosis in the next couple days. The team is likely going to get on the horn to bring in a free agent point guard or even look at the trade market. Sebastian Telfair will start until the return of Reggie Jackson (ankle), who is going to be a fantasy monster. Perry Jones should also be owned in most leagues.

SOURCE:*

DARNELL MAYBERRY ON TWITTER

goku
10-31-2014, 02:27 AM
cant get to far behind in the west

richiesaurus310
10-31-2014, 02:29 AM
Anyone find the video of what Westbrook was yelling at the fan? Somebody was recording it with a phone so I'm assuming it's on YouTube somewhere.

numba1CHANGsta
10-31-2014, 02:33 AM
So for everyone who predicted a Cavs vs Thunder Finals look pretty silly right now LOL

Stunner
10-31-2014, 02:35 AM
@DaveMSiebert: Re: Russell Westbrook. Unfortunately, even best-case scenario, non-displaced metacarpal shaft fracture, likely 4-6 weeks min. #Thunder #OKC

tredigs
10-31-2014, 02:49 AM
Wow. OKC is going to miss the playoffs. I don't see how they stay over .500 with this roster for the next 6 weeks, and that will just be too much ground to make up in the West by the time they get back.

Saddletramp
10-31-2014, 03:52 AM
So for everyone who predicted a Cavs vs Thunder Finals look pretty silly right now LOL

I guess you've never heard the term "barring injuries". Then again, that wouldn't fit for another hilarious numba1CHANGsta joke.

Munkeysuit
10-31-2014, 05:01 AM
I really do hope he's not seriously hurt, they don't need any more set backs right now.

Crackadalic
10-31-2014, 07:37 AM
Tank for okafor

Westbrook
Jackson
Durant
Ibaka
Okafor

This is not even fair lol

torocan
10-31-2014, 09:06 AM
OKC may be in big trouble. Kiss home court goodbye but the real problem is that they could actually miss the play offs.

With the roster this short, not only are they going to lose more games but the likelihood of injury on the remaining players goes way up as minutes are extended and the pressure to win in spite of injury has players potentially taking more risks.

You know it's bad when the injury list is strong enough to be a play off team.

Tough sledding for OKC fans. Things are going to get very rough...

kdspurman
10-31-2014, 09:21 AM
They may be able to come back and get a 6-8 seed. In that case, they'd make for a very tough out in the first round for one of the top seeded teams.

likemystylez
10-31-2014, 09:40 AM
Wow. OKC is going to miss the playoffs. I don't see how they stay over .500 with this roster for the next 6 weeks, and that will just be too much ground to make up in the West by the time they get back.

this is a great opportunity to see if scott brooks is a good nba coach or not. ANy coach can win when they have superior talent- it takes a good coach to get the best out of his players and develop a game plan that allows inferrior talent to beat superior talent.

The spurs do this very well- they have the big 3- but even when those players arent on the floor- they still can compete with anybody on any given night because they play solid team basketball and pop gets the most out of every guy on that roster every time they step on the floor.

likemystylez
10-31-2014, 09:42 AM
Looking like he could miss around 4 weeks or so. Huge loss for OKC. Going to be tough to make up ground to try and get a top 4 seed.

Perry Jones time to shine.

I think the cast comes off in about 4 weeks- my guess is he waits atleast a week or so after that. The thunder are gonna have to learn to play like the spurs really fast, or they are gonna have to catch up- and if they are like 11-17 when westbrook and durant come back- im not sure they get to 50 wins this year

Romo2Bryant
10-31-2014, 09:42 AM
Thunder should take a look at Will Bynum. Telfair is the only remaining PG right now; and he's playing through a hand injury as well. Bynum would be insurance until Reggie Jackson gets healthy.

likemystylez
10-31-2014, 09:45 AM
Thunder should take a look at Will Bynum. Telfair is the only remaining PG right now; and he's playing through a hand injury as well. Bynum would be insurance until Reggie Jackson gets healthy.

LOL- like it even matters

Romo2Bryant
10-31-2014, 09:49 AM
LOL- like it even matters

Yeah, not much they can do right now.

Have you seen how many games the Thunder are playing in November? They barely have time to rest.

Red_Pill
10-31-2014, 10:38 AM
We're making the playoffs. The league isn't going to let OKC not get in, especially since everyone will be back by December. It's going to take help from the league and the officials, but it'll get done. Makes for a good story as well.

likemystylez
10-31-2014, 10:41 AM
We're making the playoffs. The league isn't going to let OKC not get in, especially since everyone will be back by December. It's going to take help from the league and the officials, but it'll get done. Makes for a good story as well.

Because the league always likes to help small market teams.....:rolleyes:

kozelkid
10-31-2014, 10:44 AM

That's irrelevant when you have superstars on that team. Thunder draw fans because there are significantly more Durant fans than an OKC fan. Same concept with regards to Lebron/Cleveland.

Red_Pill
10-31-2014, 10:51 AM

Kevin Durant. Russell Westbrook. Two genuine superstars that garner ratings.

These guys are a bigger draw than guys like Dragic, Lawson, or any other players on teams on the outer edge of the west trying to get a playoff spot. The Thunder are getting in. Probably as only the 7th or 8th seed, but they're getting in.

mightybosstone
10-31-2014, 10:55 AM
This Thunder team is in serous trouble. If they don't beat Denver tomorrow, they're in real danger of starting the season 0-7 in a stacked Western Conference. After that stretch, they get lucky and only play 3 playoff teams from last year in the next 11 games through the rest of November. But I think it would take a miracle for this team to be anywhere near .500 by the start of December. They could be something like 4-14 or 5-13, and I'm not sure that will be so easy to overcome.

As much respect as I have for Serge Ibaka and Reggie Jackson, a team with those two guys as its best players would be a 30-win basketball team at best.

likemystylez
10-31-2014, 11:04 AM
This Thunder team is in serous trouble. If they don't beat Denver tomorrow, they're in real danger of starting the season 0-7 in a stacked Western Conference. After that stretch, they get lucky and only play 3 playoff teams from last year in the next 11 games through the rest of November. But I think it would take a miracle for this team to be anywhere near .500 by the start of December. They could be something like 4-14 or 5-13, and I'm not sure that will be so easy to overcome.

As much respect as I have for Serge Ibaka and Reggie Jackson, a team with those two guys as its best players would be a 30-win basketball team at best.

LOL- not to take make matters worse- but reggie jackson has a moderate ankle sprain and isnt even with the team right now- he may come back in a week or so but might not be 100% for 3 or 4 weeks

likemystylez
10-31-2014, 11:05 AM

These guys are a bigger draw than guys like Dragic, Lawson, or any other players on teams on the outer edge of the west trying to get a playoff spot. The Thunder are getting in. Probably as only the 7th or 8th seed, but they're getting in.

Anthony Davis? the league had no problem leaving him out of the post season last year

Red_Pill
10-31-2014, 11:07 AM
But I think it would take a miracle for this team to be anywhere near .500 by the start of December. They could be something like 4-14 or 5-13, and I'm not sure that will be so easy to overcome.

Yeah, no way they are going to be a .500 team during all of this. With that said, starting off 4-14 is terrible, but it'll be December when they get everyone back. Still a solid 4+ months of season left. Durant and Westbrook are top tier players who are capable of leading the team on large win streaks. They can overcome this.

likemystylez

the league dont care about you if you dont make it a priority to be out on the floor- westbrook has been known to just sit out a ton of playoff games, and durant skipped out on team usa (not a great PR move) in order to make sure he was rested up and ready to go for the season- next thing I know hes taking the first couple months of the season off. wtf!!! what was the point of sitting out this summer

Red_Pill
Anthony Davis? the league had no problem leaving him out of the post season last year

Davis wasn't a superstar last year. Nor was he a ratings draw at that point.

Red_Pill
10-31-2014, 11:09 AM
wtf!!! what was the point of sitting out this summer

Yes, because Kevin Durant could see into the future and knew he'd get injured...

valade16
10-31-2014, 11:27 AM

Assuming they are somewhere around 4-14 or 5-13 in order to get to 50 wins (generally a solid benchmark for the playoffs) they'd have to go 45-19 the rest of the way, which is a 70% win%. Last season they won at a 72% rate, so even starting that disastrously, if they get healthy, as good as they are, they should still win enough to get one of the bottom seeds.

If however Durant or Westbrook go down in the 2nd half, yeah it'd be dire straits.

koreancabbage
11-01-2014, 01:10 AM

They have a slimmer chance now. ROFL at your reasoning "the league isn't going to let OKC not get in"

tredigs
11-01-2014, 01:30 AM
Assuming they are somewhere around 4-14 or 5-13 in order to get to 50 wins (generally a solid benchmark for the playoffs) they'd have to go 45-19 the rest of the way, which is a 70% win%. Last season they won at a 72% rate, so even starting that disastrously, if they get healthy, as good as they are, they should still win enough to get one of the bottom seeds.

If however Durant or Westbrook go down in the 2nd half, yeah it'd be dire straits.

These two won't come back firing at 100% though. That 70% win threshold would still be tough.

The 7/8 seed is absolutely still in the cards, though. And it will be very interesting to see if a top seed tries to tank a few games in order to avoid them if they do ball out and can make that happen.

koreancabbage
11-01-2014, 01:32 AM
These two won't come back firing at 100% though. That 70% win threshold would still be tough.

The 7/8 seed is absolutely still in the cards, though. And it will be very interesting to see if a top seed tries to tank a few games in order to avoid them if they do ball out and can make that happen.

agreed. everyone will be in mid season form and Durant+Westbrook will still try to find their groove come mid season. I think once they come back - I think they can can hit the 65%-70% range.

sens#11fan
11-01-2014, 01:50 AM
Could KD potentially be a mvp contender if he leads this team to the playoffs, depending on OKC's record when he returns?