P&GRealist
10-31-2014, 02:40 AM
I love Ballmer's passion

ichitownclowni
10-31-2014, 03:41 AM
He's great that's bo doubt but Cuban is the man lol

SF8
10-31-2014, 06:21 AM
I feel like Ballmer overacts a little bit. When the buzzer sounded in the Clippers game today, you could tell that their players and coaches weren't even thrilled about having to squeak past a team missing its 3 best players.

And yet they showed Ballmer all energetic as if they just won the Finals and he punched some kid next to him in appreciation and the kid had like wtf look.

Chrisclover
10-31-2014, 07:00 AM
Haha. That kid couldn't feel the way Baller did. You know, it was an accident that the Clippers was put on sale and Baller didnt win the bidding with mere money. The Sterling family fought tooth and nail to keep the Clippers and there were times that the situation could drag on. Baller certainly was so thrilled to see the team he tried so hard to get get the first ever win under his administration. It was like a dream finally came true.

BALLER R
10-31-2014, 09:13 AM
Ballmer, Cuban and Jordan 3 of the most passionate owners in the league??

Cracka2HI!
10-31-2014, 08:13 PM
I feel like Ballmer overacts a little bit. When the buzzer sounded in the Clippers game today, you could tell that their players and coaches weren't even thrilled about having to squeak past a team missing its 3 best players.

And yet they showed Ballmer all energetic as if they just won the Finals and he punched some kid next to him in appreciation and the kid had like wtf look.

He's an incredibly emotional guy who just won his first game as an NBA owner. I'm sure it felt great. As a fan I was revolted by the way the team played. I'm sure the players and coaches felt the same as me. We didn't have the same experience as someone who has wanted to own an NBA team for a decade who finally got his first win.

That said Ballmer is good for the game and the Clippers brand! Can you imagine we had Sterling, now we get Ballmer. What a blessing for us as Clipper fans. As for the Cuban comparison. I love Cuban but honestly Ballmer is WAY richer. He also wants nothing to do with the basketball operations and he's fun loving where Cuban can kind of be a bit prickly. I don't think you'll ever see Ballmer being fined for complaining about officiating. I could be wrong. I really like Cuban but I think Ballmer will surpass him as the top owner in the league...in the opinion of the fans anyway. I'm not sure how you actually rank owners.

Chrisclover
10-31-2014, 08:47 PM
Ballmer maybe a better owner since he has the experience of running a super company, which is bigger than than Cuban's. He knows that when doing business, the boss needs to employ smart and appropriate staff to their own thing. Thus, he probably wont stand in the way when his GM makes decisions. Not saying that Cuban is bad though, just having a bigger hope of Ballmer.

Cracka2HI!
10-31-2014, 09:07 PM
Ballmer maybe a better owner since he has the experience of running a super company, which is bigger than than Cuban's. He knows that when doing business, the boss needs to employ smart and appropriate staff to their own thing. Thus, he probably wont stand in the way when his GM makes decisions. Not saying that Cuban is bad though, just having a bigger hope of Ballmer.
I completely agree. However I think Doc River is an awful GM. For me I don't need to see it play out. I hope Ballmer has the balls to knock Doc from the GM position sooner than later. Making moves like Bledsoe for Reddick when you could sign Reddick for the MLE or trade Butler for him without including Bledsoe and trading a 1st Round pick just to get of Jared Dudley(who would probably be our best SF) are not championship moves. In fact those 2 moves may have cost the Clippers any chance of a title. I love Ballmer and Doc but I don't like Doc as a GM. Hopefully I'm wrong because I don't see Ballmer making a move until it's too late.

IBleedPurple
10-31-2014, 09:22 PM
Could be good for the league. Hopefully he doesn't cross the line from intense to ridiculous.

SF8
10-31-2014, 09:29 PM
He's an incredibly emotional guy who just won his first game as an NBA owner. I'm sure it felt great. As a fan I was revolted by the way the team played. I'm sure the players and coaches felt the same as me. We didn't have the same experience as someone who has wanted to own an NBA team for a decade who finally got his first win.

That said Ballmer is good for the game and the Clippers brand! Can you imagine we had Sterling, now we get Ballmer. What a blessing for us as Clipper fans. As for the Cuban comparison. I love Cuban but honestly Ballmer is WAY richer. He also wants nothing to do with the basketball operations and he's fun loving where Cuban can kind of be a bit prickly. I don't think you'll ever see Ballmer being fined for complaining about officiating. I could be wrong. I really like Cuban but I think Ballmer will surpass him as the top owner in the league...in the opinion of the fans anyway. I'm not sure how you actually rank owners.

I understand what your saying but I'm sure you can understand if/when Ballmer becomes annoying for non Clippers fans. Especially if they show him on TV 500 times every game.

Chrisclover
10-31-2014, 10:38 PM
I completely agree. However I think Doc River is an awful GM. For me I don't need to see it play out. I hope Ballmer has the balls to knock Doc from the GM position sooner than later. Making moves like Bledsoe for Reddick when you could sign Reddick for the MLE or trade Butler for him without including Bledsoe and trading a 1st Round pick just to get of Jared Dudley(who would probably be our best SF) are not championship moves. In fact those 2 moves may have cost the Clippers any chance of a title. I love Ballmer and Doc but I don't like Doc as a GM. Hopefully I'm wrong because I don't see Ballmer making a move until it's too late.
Factually inaccurate. It was after the Sterling scandal that Doc became the interim GM so the Blesoe trade wasnt done by him.

Cracka2HI!
11-01-2014, 02:28 PM
^ I wish it weren't but Doc was calling the shots when Sterling hired him. He was VP of basketball operations. Ironically Sterling tried to block the Bledsoe trade but ultimately caved to Doc's wishes.

Thumper 88
11-02-2014, 01:27 AM
It's going to take an awful lot to knock Cubes off the top, but he's going in the right direction

theheatles
11-02-2014, 10:43 PM
He probably has some inside joke going on with someone and that all he is going to say in the media is that it's "Hardcore!" this or "Hardcore!" that