PDA

View Full Version : What did you take away from the Cavs game?

Ty Fast
10-31-2014, 12:12 AM
This might sound crazy but I did not know Kevin Love was this good. He is a really good passer for a big man. I think he will emerge as the 2nd best player on the Cavs. I think the Cavs will be fine. I still say they would probably lose to SA but still say they are the best team in the East.

goingfor28
10-31-2014, 12:13 AM
Lebron is declining, they should trade him, and the Cavs are done.

Ty Fast
10-31-2014, 12:16 AM
Lebron is declining, they should trade him, and the Cavs are done.

trade him to Miami for deng

goingfor28
10-31-2014, 12:17 AM
trade him to Miami for deng
Lol. They'll be fine. Might be a slow start getting used to each other but they'll finish top 2 in the east no question.

P&GRealist
10-31-2014, 12:18 AM
David Blatt needs time to adjust to the NBA game

Raps18-19 Champ
10-31-2014, 12:19 AM
Cavs are no good.

bucketss
10-31-2014, 12:21 AM
knicks winning gave me a headache. i will admit melo shut me up today,

Vinny642
10-31-2014, 12:25 AM
That ESPN Davis GIF tho lol

But I think when healthy the Bulls are the best team in the east

dhopisthename
10-31-2014, 12:25 AM
you can't be playing lebron 43 minutes in their first game. I don't care how important the game was.

TylerSL
10-31-2014, 12:29 AM
Obviously the Cavaliers are going to be much better than New York this year, but as a Heat fan who watched Lebron leave in the middle of a historic run it did feel kind of nice seeing them lose tonight. I do not even dislike Lebron, or really the Cavs for that matter, but the combination of their big homecoming getting spoiled and the Heat playing so well in their first game does feel pretty good. I can't wait for Christmas.

SanAntonioSpurs23
10-31-2014, 12:40 AM
The Cavs bench is a little over rated. Good thing there are 81 games left to figure it out.

Hawkeye15
10-31-2014, 12:47 AM
after deep thought, what I took away from the opening game (which I didn't watch cause I was watching Vanilla Ice at halftime during the Wolves game), was that apparently, the Cavs have 81 more games.

DoMeFavors
10-31-2014, 01:09 AM
Don't have good defense, and don't have a lot of depth after their big 3

Tony_Starks
10-31-2014, 01:11 AM
Not a whole lot. I don't expect much from them until around post allstar break....

Dade County
10-31-2014, 01:16 AM
Lbj up to his old tricks, and the Cav's will be in the ECF and the only thing that can stop them from reaching the Finals is a piece of paper, that has the word "Script" on it.

Howard_Zinn
10-31-2014, 01:22 AM
That it is 1 game.

IKnowHoops
10-31-2014, 01:22 AM
Lebron played awful.

Team*Chicago
10-31-2014, 01:32 AM
I'll take that the Cavaliers can't even beat a crappy *** team(Knicks) at home after they(Knicks) got destroyed last night.

I don't even care that it has been one game or it's way too early. The Cavaliers should have easily won that game against the Knicks if people are expecting them to cake walk all the way to the Finals and face any elite team from the West in a 7 game series.

Howard_Zinn
10-31-2014, 01:33 AM
Wow, the quality on this board is fantastic.

ThuglifeJ
10-31-2014, 01:37 AM
Lebron still has a a gap between his legs.

DemarDerozan
10-31-2014, 01:53 AM
Lebron played awful.

Damn Bro... We agree on something.

Maybe LeDisappearinghairline psyched himself out.
Oh well...
81 more games left to prove he is nothing without DWade, Ray Ray, Bosh and Stern.

Feel for Love though. He should sign with a better organization and a better team. OKC? Dallas? Boston? Any would be better than this **** show.

numba1CHANGsta
10-31-2014, 02:17 AM
Heat fans are all of a sudden Cavs fans now LOL

ThuglifeJ
10-31-2014, 02:22 AM
Lebron played awful.

Damn Bro... We agree on something.

Maybe LeDisappearinghairline psyched himself out.
Oh well...
81 more games left to prove he is nothing without DWade, Ray Ray, Bosh and Stern.

Feel for Love though. He should sign with a better organization and a better team. OKC? Dallas? Boston? Any would be better than this **** show.

Loves overrated too man..he fills out the stats, FILLS, but he's no big time player. Hes a good player to have though

IversonIsKrazy
10-31-2014, 02:41 AM
U can tell there were a few turnovers from LeBron that just looked like he had the right idea but him teammate wasn't thinking the same. They need more time to Gel obvs and will wind up being top 2 East easily making ECF. I feel though the team will be undercoached and mediocre defensively.

Chrisclover
10-31-2014, 02:43 AM
James really bungled it. One of the biggest events in the history of sports? Not entirely ridiculous. He did give the world a huge surprise by delivering a rookie-esque performance when he is actually 2-time FMVP, 2-time champion and 4-time MVP. Maybe he hasn't recovered from that heart-breaking cramp yet. :smirk:

TylerSL
10-31-2014, 02:58 AM

which Heat fans are suddenly Cavs fans?

Master Mind
10-31-2014, 03:44 AM
ECF: Heat/Bulls
WCF: Mavs/Spurs

sorry, wrong thread. :shrug:

Bostonjorge
10-31-2014, 03:55 AM
James ended last season with a bunch of turnovers and starts this season with a bunch of turnovers. 8 turnovers in one game is why they lost the game.

FOBolous
10-31-2014, 03:59 AM
i think Irving/Lebron/Love is going to be a better big 3 than Wade/Lebron/Bosh. They seem to be able to work together better and share the ball better. Wade, Lebron, and Bosh never looked like they were on the same page...if it wasn't Wade struggling, it was Bosh. They never looked like they figured out how to play with each other. However...Iriving,Lebron, and Wade played well together from the get go.

Munkeysuit
10-31-2014, 04:56 AM
I honestly felt like they HAVE to lose games and lose badly! success doesn't work the way most people think it does, sure there is a formula for it, but just being tired of failing and knowing why you are failing matters most!
Some of those dudes have never won, it even looks like they don't know how to win, BUT it is way too early to say what kind of team this will be...they have Lebron James so I am pretty sure they'll come out of the season pretty darn good.

Raidaz4Life
10-31-2014, 05:03 AM
This might sound crazy but I did not know Kevin Love was this good. He is a really good passer for a big man. I think he will emerge as the 2nd best player on the Cavs. I think the Cavs will be fine. I still say they would probably lose to SA but still say they are the best team in the East.

Tune in tomorrow for more obvious statement of the day

SF8
10-31-2014, 06:28 AM
Kendrick Lamar has regressed.

Jamiecballer
10-31-2014, 08:10 AM
The cavs are incredibly talented but poorly constructed, same thing I said/thought before.

My only criticism of Lebron is he seems pretty damn poor at picking his teammates.

effen5
10-31-2014, 08:21 AM
cavs have no depth. 12 points off the bench?

Jetsguy
10-31-2014, 08:25 AM
I love how people are breaking down their issues after 1 game lol. were they going to go 82-0? Didnt this happen in Miami as well when they formed?

pebloemer
10-31-2014, 09:00 AM
Tune in tomorrow for more obvious statement of the day

Yah, that was my take away from that post as well. Love has always been an excellent passer right out of college. And in no world have I ever envisioned Irving as the better player over Kevin Love.

Cleveland will be fine. It is a long season.

Nice win for New York after dropping their first game.

sep11ie
10-31-2014, 09:03 AM

Really, Capt. Obvious?

2-ONE-5
10-31-2014, 09:04 AM
Lbj up to his old tricks, and the Cav's will be in the ECF and the only thing that can stop them from reaching the Finals is a piece of paper, that has the word "Script" on it.

shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut upppppppppppppppppppppppp

Dade County
10-31-2014, 09:35 AM
shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut upppppppppppppppppppppppp

:laugh2:

Never

Chrisclover
10-31-2014, 09:36 AM
i think Irving/Lebron/Love is going to be a better big 3 than Wade/Lebron/Bosh. They seem to be able to work together better and share the ball better. Wade, Lebron, and Bosh never looked like they were on the same page...if it wasn't Wade struggling, it was Bosh. They never looked like they figured out how to play with each other. However...Iriving,Lebron, and Wade played well together from the get go.
You got that from last game?I think it was what people were saying during the off-season. Last game was by no means a demonstration of it. Lets just wait and see how they mesh with each other before we give them credit.

koreancabbage
10-31-2014, 09:38 AM
it can only go up from here. so a first day jitters.

Chrisclover
10-31-2014, 09:46 AM
I honestly felt like they HAVE to lose games and lose badly! success doesn't work the way most people think it does, sure there is a formula for it, but just being tired of failing and knowing why you are failing matters most!
Some of those dudes have never won, it even looks like they don't know how to win, BUT it is way too early to say what kind of team this will be...they have Lebron James so I am pretty sure they'll come out of the season pretty darn good.
I am with you here. Failure of just one game is not a big deal in the slightest. Lebron, Wade and Bosh actually lost almost half of the games in their first month and got ridiculed by many people. They might have panicked at times but it was exactly by the stumbling that they found a way to success. The same can be said of this Cavs team. And dont forget, this core is younger and harbors more potential than then-Heat's. They are nothing like last year's Net, which was stacked and slow. So I think they will be fine, if not the best.

D-Leethal
10-31-2014, 09:53 AM
LeBron should stop with the preseason celebrations because he obviously doesn't follow them up too well.

QueensG_718
10-31-2014, 09:59 AM
That the knicks will be better then expected. Especially when we play focused and with that intensity.

mudvayne387
10-31-2014, 10:01 AM
Don't have good defense, and don't have a lot of depth after their big 3

Wow you took all that away after 1 game ? What did you take away from the first 30 seconds of Pulp Fiction ?

deaner
10-31-2014, 10:07 AM
NY's trial of the triangle lasts one day and players revert back to who they are. I'll be watching to see what happens big picture with the knicks. Will Phil force fish to keep the triangle going? It wasn't that NY played well... Cavs were just THAT bad.

Slug3
10-31-2014, 10:12 AM
Everything in this thread is the same stuff I heard 5 years ago when Miami got together, lol.

D-Leethal
10-31-2014, 10:16 AM
NY's trial of the triangle lasts one day and players revert back to who they are. I'll be watching to see what happens big picture with the knicks. Will Phil force fish to keep the triangle going? It wasn't that NY played well... Cavs were just THAT bad.

What the hell are you talking about?

Even in the shitstorm of game 1, Knicks had 357 passes, compared to their average of 282 passes/game last year.

Game 2 - Knicks get 30 assists on 37 makes. Knicks did not have 30 assists in 1 single game last year.

Iso Melo and Iso JR lead the team in assists with 6 and 7, respectively.

Stop listening to Barkley's dumb *** and watch the games. There are going to be isolation plays within the triangle - Kobe and freakin' Jordan played in it for christsakes.

ATX
Everything in this thread is the same stuff I heard 5 years ago when Miami got together, lol.

Yup

GottaLoveCubs
Depth of a team doesn't matter as much come playoff time. It really only matters during the season and if there are injuries. Their defense is going to struggle though. Kevin Love is a great rebounder, but hasn't been known as a great defender. I think they will get dominated by teams with really good big men.

nycericanguy
10-31-2014, 10:18 AM

umm what? Melo & JR... the "ball hogs" had a combined 13 assists in just 59 combined minutes,

KNicks had 30 assists on their 37 fg's... they didn't have 30 assists even once last year.

You're probably just trolling though like your fellow NY knick obsessed TOR posters.

But you don't run a triangle for 48 minutes... Cavs were pressuring the hell out of the ball the last 3-4 minutes...thing is, no team can pressure like that for 48 minutes, they were just desperate. just about every team runs some ISO's down the stretch.

nycericanguy
10-31-2014, 10:19 AM

Even in the shitstorm of game 1, Knicks had 357 passes, compared to their average of 282 passes/game last year.

Game 2 - Knicks get 30 assists on 37 makes. Knicks did not have 30 assists in 1 single game last year.

Stop listening to Barkley's dumb *** and watch the games. There are going to be isolation plays within the triangle - Kobe and freakin' Jordan played in it for christsakes.

lol we wrote the same thing... but i think he's just trolling. TOR fans can't keep NY out of their mouths, not even in their own forum... Funny, you never see TOR mentioned in the knick forum..

jmartin80
10-31-2014, 10:30 AM
This is what I got from the game...

#1. Lebron is the most arrogant person ever to live.
#2. A lot of people over react to one game.

Crackadalic
10-31-2014, 10:37 AM

Lmao the knicks were passing like they were the Spurs. I've never seen anything like it in all my years watching knicks basketball. Two of the most iso centric players last year got no less than 6 assist

Even if the triangle doesn't work the commitment to pass to each other is more than enough for me.

ghettosean
10-31-2014, 10:56 AM
I hate the stupid Toronto/New York hate I honestly don't get it everyone needs to chill and the last 2 - 3 Knick posters had valid points. Lets see 10 or 20 games before we make rash judgements on how bad or good teams are (but damn did the Bulls look good the other night :D )

Sincerely a crazy *** Raptor fan!

D-Leethal
10-31-2014, 11:31 AM
I think the only thing we can really take from this game that doesn't seem like a fluke is that Cleveland's bench is sorely lacking in firepower. They have no scoring and no playmakers in the second unit.

72 Wins
10-31-2014, 11:38 AM
It will take time to gel, but Cleveland will get it eventually. I still think Miami at their peak is still better and more balanced on both sides ends of the court. Cleveland's biggest weakness will be their defense. Let's see if their offense can overcome this weakness into the finals.

beasted86
10-31-2014, 11:41 AM
This. Also Irving, Thompson, and some of the other young guys how to play in this motion system. A lot of ball watching going on.

Gibby23
10-31-2014, 11:45 AM
Nothing. Lebron was trying to hard in his 1st game back. Blatt probably should play the bench more, but they are going to be ok.

Chronz
10-31-2014, 11:50 AM
I'll take that the Cavaliers can't even beat a crappy *** team(Knicks) at home after they(Knicks) got destroyed last night.

I don't even care that it has been one game or it's way too early. The Cavaliers should have easily won that game against the Knicks if people are expecting them to cake walk all the way to the Finals and face any elite team from the West in a 7 game series.
No not really. There's alot of randomness in the nba. What matters is the end result. Day1 is FAR toov early to be making anything out of anything, unless of course it corresponds with the critique you had Before the season began.

Oefarmy2005
10-31-2014, 11:52 AM

Need I remind you that the last game of PS(yes, I know it was preseason, but you played your starters 30 mins) the Bulls lost to the Wolves' second-and-a half unit in the crunch? Dude, one game is one game, especially for a team with two new starters.

Chronz
10-31-2014, 11:53 AM
I think the only thing we can really take from this game that doesn't seem like a fluke is that Cleveland's bench is sorely lacking in firepower. They have no scoring and no playmakers in the second unit.

I think we all know that Waiters should be their 6th man but maybe Blatt is doing this to highlight the WHY to Waitersv himself.

Chronz
10-31-2014, 11:56 AM
Kendrick Lamar has regressed.
Shots fired.

Bad observation tho

d00d
10-31-2014, 11:56 AM
I took away that Lebron James wants to be a savior to his hometown and state. But he is a human being that cannot save anyone. They use the Amen song to make him appear like a savior. They act like he will change their lives. Nothing about their lives will change. He is an empty suit, like clouds that produce no rain, he is an empty promise providing no hope. They will always be the Cleveland Cavaliers that never win anything.

I think the commercials, the hype and the way he talked last night was sick. He is the only one who benefits from basketball, fans dont gain a thing, no money, no benefits, nothing. Why they act like he offers them everything and worship him is beyond pathetic. Sports idols are a joke and they are the only ones who gain from the worship. Fans get nothing, cleveland will gain nothing, only lebron gains.

Chronz
10-31-2014, 12:02 PM

Well said
Prayers will revert to old tendencies but the triangle [ most systems for that matter] are about the positioning of the players around you when your star isolates his man.

Melo and JR were terrific yesterday

Mr. Baller
10-31-2014, 12:04 PM
They have zero bench. Waiters needs to go to 6th man again. And their defense is as putrid as I thought it would be

benzni
10-31-2014, 12:05 PM
Love is already regarded as the 2nd best player on the Cavs. He might actually become the best player on the Cavs at some point this season.

deaner
10-31-2014, 12:09 PM

It is apparently possible to get assists without running the triangle. Did you watch the game or the box score?

deaner
10-31-2014, 12:16 PM
Lmao the knicks were passing like they were the Spurs. I've never seen anything like it in all my years watching knicks basketball. Two of the most iso centric players last year got no less than 6 assist

Even if the triangle doesn't work the commitment to pass to each other is more than enough for me.

I will agree they were passing the ball which is a start. At least you see that moving the ball is not running the triangle like the other two Knick fans.

Dade County
10-31-2014, 12:17 PM
I took away that Lebron James wants to be a savior to his hometown and state. But he is a human being that cannot save anyone. They use the Amen song to make him appear like a savior. They act like he will change their lives. Nothing about their lives will change. He is an empty suit, like clouds that produce no rain, he is an empty promise providing no hope. They will always be the Cleveland Cavaliers that never win anything.

I think the commercials, the hype and the way he talked last night was sick. He is the only one who benefits from basketball, fans dont gain a thing, no money, no benefits, nothing. Why they act like he offers them everything and worship him is beyond pathetic. Sports idols are a joke and they are the only ones who gain from the worship. Fans get nothing, cleveland will gain nothing, only lebron gains.

Boss!

Nicely written...

Also Lbj new Nike commercial is kind of out there to me. All those people depending on him, and he is saying on 3 say this and on 6 say this, but what people have to understand, Lbj says this 3 times "meaning" 666.

Smh

Mr. Baller
10-31-2014, 12:19 PM
Love is already regarded as the 2nd best player on the Cavs. He might actually become the best player on the Cavs at some point this season.

Stop it

deaner
10-31-2014, 12:20 PM
Boss!

Nicely written...

Also Lbj new Nike commercial is kind of out there to me. All those people depending on him, and he is saying on 3 say this and on 6 say this, but what people have to understand, Lbj says this 3 times "meaning" 666.

Smh

Wha? Don't bring religion into this. It's a basketball game.

Dade County
10-31-2014, 12:35 PM
Wha? Don't bring religion into this. It's a basketball game.

I'm talking about the Nike commercial.

Hard work on 3, together on 6.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6S1JoCSVNU

I'm in the production field, I can spot these things easy, I also edit for a living.

deaner
10-31-2014, 12:45 PM

Are you talking about the relevance of 666 mark of the beast in a Nike commercial? No matter what your or my view is on that... I believe it to be out of bounds here.

If LBJ is introduced in game to by a backwards playback of stairway to heaven then we'll talk.

Dade County
10-31-2014, 12:50 PM
Are you talking about the relevance of 666 mark of the beast in a Nike commercial? No matter what your or my view is on that... I believe it to be out of bounds here.

If LBJ is introduced in game to by a backwards playback of stairway to heaven then we'll talk.

lmao.

Your opinion.

Gibby23
10-31-2014, 12:52 PM

I'm in the production field, I can spot these things easy, I also edit for a living.

lol. Sure.

mudvayne387
10-31-2014, 12:52 PM
I will agree they were passing the ball which is a start. At least you see that moving the ball is not running the triangle like the other two Knick fans.

They abandoned the triangle about midway through. Although, there were glimpses of it sparingly throughout the rest of the game. I don't think Phil or Derek are going to fully implement the triangle until they have a roster built for it. In the meantime, running it sparingly is a good way for the current roster to get familiar with it for when Gasol comes to NY next summer.

D-Leethal
10-31-2014, 12:57 PM
I think we all know that Waiters should be their 6th man but maybe Blatt is doing this to highlight the WHY to Waitersv himself.

Agree. Who would take his spot in the starting unit though? Delladova? CLE is gonna be in big trouble if they are hit with an injury to the backcourt. No depth at all after Kyrie, Waiters, Dellawhatever.

colinskik
10-31-2014, 12:58 PM

Dude, you're loco. This isn't conspiracy theory hour.

Crackadalic
10-31-2014, 01:00 PM

The triangle requires ball movement. The problem is that's only half the process. Players need to know where to position themselves, when to cut etc and we don't have guys smart enough to pick that up just yet witch is why I have us fighting for a playoff spot because it's going to take months to fully grasp it

D-Leethal
10-31-2014, 01:01 PM
It is apparently possible to get assists without running the triangle. Did you watch the game or the box score?

The set themselves into the triangle every half court possession. That is all they ran and all they run. They don't run designed plays in the half court and they didn't last night. The play finishing in an iso does not mean it did not start with bodies positioned in the triangle. MSG showed a ton of triangle highlights throughout the entire game.

So what exactly are you saying? They assisted on 82% of their made FGs and shot well over 50% playing iso ball? Or playing street ball? You are making things up if you don't think they were running the triangle. Triangle calls for improvisation, if you saw improvisation, it wasn't because they weren't running the triangle.

D-Leethal
10-31-2014, 01:03 PM
They abandoned the triangle about midway through. Although, there were glimpses of it sparingly throughout the rest of the game. I don't think Phil or Derek are going to fully implement the triangle until they have a roster built for it. In the meantime, running it sparingly is a good way for the current roster to get familiar with it for when Gasol comes to NY next summer.

This is simply not true at all. Unless you think they were out there playing streetball without any sets or half court positional concepts which would be rather stupid on your part.

The triangle is nothing more than positioning bodies in certain areas of the court in the half court sets and reacting to the defense. The Knicks get into the triangle every possession in the half court. What happens from there could be anyones guess depending on the defense but it doesn't mean it didn't start in a triangle set.

Tony_Starks
10-31-2014, 01:09 PM
The Cavs actually have a good supporting cast. Thompson, Miller, Marion, and the white dude whatever his name is. Not sure why Miller and Marion didn't get more PT, Marion has already said that was "different" for him playing that little.

Blatt will have to figure out a good 8-9 man rotation but all the pieces are there. Maybe add one more big body, but doesn't have to be anyone spectacular.

D-Leethal
10-31-2014, 01:11 PM
The triangle requires ball movement. The problem is that's only half the process. Players need to know where to position themselves, when to cut etc and we don't have guys smart enough to pick that up just yet witch is why I have us fighting for a playoff spot because it's going to take months to fully grasp it

He posted about abandoning the triangle and players resorting "back to their old ways". We debunk that nonsense by showing how much we shared the ball and assisted our makes (doesn't happen in iso-ball) and how much JR and Melo shared the ball (complete opposite of resorting back to their old selves).

This dude is talking in circles.

Stinkyoutsider
10-31-2014, 01:31 PM
The Cavs are going to be very good offensively once they gel and learn the system. I knew Kevin and Anderson were good rebounders but it seemed like both of those guys were hitting the boards, especially on the offensive end.

Lebron was nervous and he played like it. I expect him to be much better once he settles into the team.

Cavs don't have much bench help. I didn't see Mike Miller until the 2nd half and Shawn Marion had a quiet game (didn't even know he was on the floor most of the time). Thompson is solid but I think Blatt and his staff should decide to bring Waiters off the bench to anchor the 2nd unit.

Defending must improve if they want to get past the Bulls.

Captain Moroni
10-31-2014, 01:36 PM
Lol. They'll be fine. Might be a slow start getting used to each other......

Notice No one said the same thing about the Knicks two nights ago.

Captain Moroni
10-31-2014, 01:38 PM

Again, no one seemed to feel that way about Derek Fisher two nights ago.

deaner
10-31-2014, 01:43 PM

Lol at gasol. Believe it when I see it.

I agree though they started with the tri and bailed. Which isn't a bad thing. The ball moved and the roster just doesn't complement the triangle any way. If Phil cleans house this offseason what's the return on effort going to be?? Melo learns it... Fisher learns how to teach it. But I don't think there are 4 players on that roster that Phil will want to keep. Teaching the triangle with that roster, in that market, with big turnover happening is t worth it imo.

D-Leethal
10-31-2014, 01:46 PM
Lol at gasol. Believe it when I see it.

I agree though they started with the tri and bailed. Which isn't a bad thing. The ball moved and the roster just doesn't complement the triangle any way. If Phil cleans house this offseason what's the return on effort going to be?? Melo learns it... Fisher learns how to teach it. But I don't think there are 4 players on that roster that Phil will want to keep. Teaching the triangle with that roster, in that market, with big turnover happening is t worth it imo.

They started with it, they continued with it, they finished with it. They didn't run anything other than the triangle in the half court all night. Unless you think you can play unorganized street ball against a top tier NBA team and assist on over 80% of your made buckets.

D-Leethal
10-31-2014, 01:48 PM
If they didn't run the triangle in your eyes, what were they running?

deaner
10-31-2014, 01:48 PM

We've come to common ground Crackadalic. It took a while, but we agree on this.

D-Leethal
10-31-2014, 01:50 PM
We've come to common ground Crackadalic. It took a while, but we agree on this.

So they were running the offense wrong all night and had their best offensive performance in 2 years? They had no idea what to do to the tune of 30 assists and 60% shooting after 1Q.

They ran the plays properly when they were down 10 in the first, but when they smoked CLE for three straight quarters they resorted to unorganized streetball.

Gotcha.

Shlumpledink
10-31-2014, 01:52 PM
Lebron needs the ball in his hands to be the most effective, same with Kyrie Irving. Love doesn't so he is one of their best parts on the team. If Kyrie is going to ball dominate then Lebron is going to have a tougher time than he should be.

deaner
10-31-2014, 01:54 PM
If they didn't run the triangle in your eyes, what were they running?

Anyone can draw a triangle between 3 semi-properly spaced players. That's not the triangle. The triangle happens after they set with rolls screens and cuts. Imo the Knicks reverted to their own comfortable spots and other than very simple screen and rolls did absolutely very little together

GiantsSwaGG
10-31-2014, 02:06 PM
The Knicks barely played the triangle, but 30 assist and a win, I'll take it :)

GiantsSwaGG
10-31-2014, 02:08 PM
Cavs will be in the finals imo

IKnowHoops
10-31-2014, 02:32 PM
Boss!

Nicely written...

Smh

I have to agree with this. The Lebron worship commercials are just "yuk".
He should go back to doing commercials like this...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsoP6bjADic
Also didn't catch the 666 thing. You shouldn't even accidentally do this. Scrap that commercial.

BHF
10-31-2014, 02:57 PM
LBJ will convert to Islam and reach the greatness of Muhammad Ali. Lebron James will be Known as Muhammad Islam Manahil Laiba Habibi.

d00d
10-31-2014, 03:11 PM
LBJ will convert to Islam and reach the greatness of Muhammad Ali. Lebron James will be Known as Muhammad Islam Manahil Laiba Habibi.

with the sincerity that Tyson had after prison

Slug3
10-31-2014, 03:26 PM
Boss!

Nicely written...

Smh

I mean if we are going this route, why not just point out that 666 is not even the devils number? 616 is.

buddy2303
10-31-2014, 03:56 PM
After last night, the Cavs had a bad game and the ECF is still the goal and expectation for them. They obviously want to make it to the ship but I thinkthey will be happy with such young impact players, that they make it to the ECF. As a Bulls fan though they do still scare me because in the one preseason game we played them, they picked our defense apart.

Slug3
10-31-2014, 04:18 PM
After last night, the Cavs had a bad game and the ECF is still the goal and expectation for them. They obviously want to make it to the ship but I thinkthey will be happy with such young impact players, that they make it to the ECF. As a Bulls fan though they do still scare me because in the one preseason game we played them, they picked our defense apart.

They sure the heck not will be happy with only making it to the ECF. This team is not a win a year or 2 down the line team. Its a win now team and anything short of the championship should be a failure.

GIANTKNICK
10-31-2014, 04:25 PM
That lebrons hairline is still receding.

QueensG_718
10-31-2014, 04:28 PM
Ofcourse it was that the cavs played bad..not that the knicks played well smh. We shot like 56%. We won that game. Cavs didnt lose it themselves

Tony_Starks
10-31-2014, 04:32 PM
They sure the heck not will be happy with only making it to the ECF. This team is not a win a year or 2 down the line team. Its a win now team and anything short of the championship should be a failure.

I don't know if I'd go so far to say failure. Even if by some miracle they made it to the Finals I don't think anyone would expect them to beat whoever comes out of the West......especially if it's the Spurs again.

Captain Moroni
10-31-2014, 04:57 PM
I rtook away a WIN! And boy did we need one.

InRoseWeTrust
10-31-2014, 07:35 PM
I took away that:

(1) LeBron was understandably jittery; and

(2) The Cavs will need a few games to mesh.

It was opening night people. No need to overreact.

ewing
10-31-2014, 09:03 PM
Guys will need to learn not to defer to Bron so much. Andy and Love looked pretty good. Shane Larkin had a great game. JR Smith is an enigma

SF8
10-31-2014, 09:33 PM
Shots fired.

Bad observation tho

I only got to see the little bit that they showed on Inside the NBA and I wasn't impressed. Maybe if I watched the whole thing, I'd feel different.

albertajaysfan
10-31-2014, 09:57 PM
Cleveland needs to figure out its rotations. That was the only real takeaway in terms of the Cavs.

In terms of the Knicks I think Fisher is going to make a good coach. Nice to see them passing the ball. It is best for all basketball fans that the terrible basketball they played last season is never repeated. As a fan of KD hopefully Scott Brooks learns the same lesson some day.

albertajaysfan
10-31-2014, 10:01 PM
Guys will need to learn not to defer to Bron so much. Andy and Love looked pretty good. Shane Larkin had a great game. JR Smith is an enigma

Easily the most perplexing player in the NBA.

cssdmark
10-31-2014, 10:21 PM
Once the Knicks gel they will win the East.

cssdmark
10-31-2014, 10:23 PM
Also Kyrie And Waiters are the two players with the killer instinct on that team.

ewing
11-01-2014, 10:13 AM
Also Kyrie And Waiters are the two players with the killer instinct on that team.

well that is a recipe for disaster

cssdmark
11-01-2014, 11:50 AM
well that is a recipe for disaster
That maybe true but Kyrie is a /::;(())) beast. Once he matures he is a perennial all star. Him and Waiters have that no fear attitude even during big moments unlike Lebron

buddy2303
11-01-2014, 11:54 AM

Why wouldn't they take that as accomplishment, the fans may not and the media may not because they are trying to shove championship or bust down their throats, like I said with so many young impact players that have no idea what the playoffs are like ECF is a great accomplishment I'm not saying they can't make the finals or will be happy with ECF but it is still a great accomplishment

thejordanrules
11-01-2014, 07:01 PM

the CAVS WILL SWEEP THE SPURS,STUPID:cheers: TROLL!

thejordanrules
11-01-2014, 07:04 PM
once the knicks gel they will win the east.

the knick wont even make the playoffs!

cssdmark
11-01-2014, 07:23 PM
the knick wont even make the playoffs!
The Knick won't but the Knicks will book it.

colinskik
11-03-2014, 07:21 PM
I have to agree with this. The Lebron worship commercials are just "yuk".
He should go back to doing commercials like this...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsoP6bjADic
Also didn't catch the 666 thing. You shouldn't even accidentally do this. Scrap that commercial.

That series of commercials was great.

As for the bogus conspiracy Dade County is talking about, I just saw the commercial again and he doesn't even say it three times. Depending on your POV, he either says it twice or four times.

And dude says he's in production and has an ear for these things. smh