PDA

View Full Version : LeBron: Cavs opener will be biggest sporting event ever

P&GRealist
10-30-2014, 07:32 PM
@latimessports: LeBron James says Cleveland opener may be biggest sporting event ever http://t.co/hmF1efgKGA

Do you Agree?

goingfor28
10-30-2014, 07:33 PM
:facepalm: no lebron, just no

jaydubb
10-30-2014, 07:34 PM
Wow ok..

Stunner
10-30-2014, 07:37 PM
This whole thing is annoying tbh , all it does is bring more expectations . Could have swore they won the ship .

KG2TB
10-30-2014, 07:39 PM
This guys ego is unbelievable. Not even Jordan sniffed such comments when he came out of retirement the first time. This is hardly the biggest sporting event of the year, yet alone ever.

P&GRealist
10-30-2014, 07:40 PM
It's funny that Kobe has been the one called arrogant and egotistical all his career.

Big Zo
10-30-2014, 07:44 PM
It's funny that Kobe has been the one called arrogant and egotistical all his career.

Lebron's arrogance usually doesn't make it onto the court, though. He's ok with passing the ball.

HoopsDrive
10-30-2014, 07:52 PM
This guy has one of the worst PR managers ever. Either that or a massively inflated ego.

No way is this one of the biggest sports events ever :laugh2:

richiesaurus310
10-30-2014, 07:56 PM
To be fair, it probably feels like it in Cleveland right now.

ChitownSports16
10-30-2014, 08:02 PM
This clown just doesn't learn..

cmellofan15
10-30-2014, 08:03 PM
Lebron's arrogance usually doesn't make it onto the court, though. He's ok with passing the ball.

:laugh2:

why even bring up Kobe? at least LeBron's not making news for name calling after his team got the **** beat out of them

ChitownSports16
10-30-2014, 08:03 PM
To be fair, it probably feels like it in Cleveland right now.

That's prob cause there's nothing else to cheer for in Cleveland.. Noah's right about Cleveland.

cmellofan15
10-30-2014, 08:07 PM
That's prob cause there's nothing else to cheer for in Cleveland.. Noah's right about Cleveland.

what did Noah say? and you'd be surprised lol. I live in Ohio, and people are under the impression that Brad Hoyer is the next Peyton Manning here

ohreally
10-30-2014, 08:10 PM
I'm not even a baseball fan, but I'd say Bumgarner and the Giants are the biggest sporting event of the week, at least in the USA.

TrueFan420
10-30-2014, 08:37 PM
The ego of this guy. He'd swear like the whole world is taking off work or staying up to ungodly hours of the night to watch the cavs play a regular season game. Play in a World Cup final then talk about largest viewing audience ever. Hell basketball hasn't even eclipsed the nfl in the US market yet. Guy needs to tone it down a notch. Just play and talk about it if after its done when you can properly put it in perspective.

Jamiecballer
10-30-2014, 08:43 PM
Can't blame the man for showing an awareness of how big the moment is.

bluefire7002
10-30-2014, 08:49 PM
There is even an event on Snapchat for this **** :down:

goingfor28
10-30-2014, 08:49 PM
what did Noah say? and you'd be surprised lol. I live in Ohio, and people are under the impression that Brad Hoyer is the next Peyton Manning here
Brian Hoyer ;)

cmellofan15
10-30-2014, 08:52 PM
Brian Hoyer ;)

see how much I care ohio sports.. :laugh2:

krazylegz
10-30-2014, 09:48 PM

you mean brian hoyer,right??

DemarDerozan
10-30-2014, 09:51 PM
This clown just doesn't learn...

krazylegz

303??...take it your a bronco and nugget fan?

DemarDerozan
LeTool

Muttman73
10-30-2014, 09:52 PM
It's not even the biggest event of the week, I'd say WS game 7 takes that title. LeBron is a pompous ***. ?

ewing
10-30-2014, 09:55 PM

the guys poses for pictures after he make a layups pre game

Htownballa1622
10-30-2014, 09:59 PM
There's a lot of butt hurt in here.

But no. MAYBE the biggest sporting even in CLEVELAND recently.

krazylegz
10-30-2014, 10:06 PM
There's a lot of butt hurt in here.

But no. MAYBE the biggest sporting even in CLEVELAND recently.

maybe,although,id put the indians wildcard game against the rays the biggest in quite some time:)...but yes,this might be close

bucketss
10-30-2014, 10:10 PM
people trying real hard to get upset at something so little.

chi-townlove1
10-30-2014, 10:11 PM
So many bandwagon fans. So many. It disgusts me. Lol

chi-townlove1
10-30-2014, 10:12 PM
Worse bandwagon

1) Miami
2) Cleveland

What do you guys think?

tredigs
10-30-2014, 10:16 PM
Says this and then is the worst player on the floor. Double facepalm.

TrueFan420
10-30-2014, 10:20 PM
Worse bandwagon

1) Miami
2) Cleveland

What do you guys think?
Naw flip it... Cavs fans went back to him like they went back to their ex after she fvcked 100 different guys

krazylegz
10-30-2014, 10:29 PM
Naw flip it... Cavs fans went back to him like they went back to their ex after she fvcked 100 different guys

bullsh.....cavs fans were always cavs fans....now lebron fans are a different story

krazylegz
10-30-2014, 10:31 PM
lebron fans ruin it for everybody....believe me check the cavs boards....A BUNCH OF NEW FANS

cmellofan15
10-30-2014, 10:48 PM
he couldn't handle the (self induced) pressure!!!

jerellh528
10-30-2014, 10:50 PM
Same old Lebron. Sinking due to pressure. God I don't understand what you all see in this poser

JustinTime
10-30-2014, 10:58 PM
Haha Lebron 5-15, 8 Turnovers and Melo also splashed one in his eye in the final minute to seal it. Love seeing that Narcissist lose.

Kaner
10-30-2014, 11:14 PM
Lebron talking like Cavs season opener is the Flint Michigan Megabowl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0iF9HA7SJs

Confusious
10-30-2014, 11:48 PM
Chicago loser quoting Noah's comments from four years ago.

Newsflash, it's 2014. Learn some new original ****.

TrueFan420
10-31-2014, 12:02 AM
Y
bullsh.....cavs fans were always cavs fans....now lebron fans are a different story

I'm specificly talking about psd there were cavs fans all over then mimia happened and now their poping up again.

Avenged
10-31-2014, 12:13 AM
Worse bandwagon

1) Miami
2) Cleveland

What do you guys think?

Nah.. too close. Miami by far

Bartlee23
10-31-2014, 12:22 AM

Actually the guy's speaking the truth. Who cares if it was yesterday or 4 years ago. All I saw was a crybaby team that has no bench with no experience in big games. I know it's just one game but New York is not on the same level as them and beat them without any excuses. Looks like they'll be 0-2 to start the season.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-31-2014, 12:41 AM
and thats why he failed

Chrisclover
10-31-2014, 12:45 AM
Lebron crossed the line. He shouldnt have said such conceited words. This may incur him troubles if things go south.

Big Zo
10-31-2014, 01:32 AM

It's 2014, but Cleveland didn't suddenly become a cool place to live.

ThuglifeJ
10-31-2014, 01:34 AM
Is this forreal? I should slap myself for saying I felt bad for him tonight, guys still a gigantic stupid self centered douche..

ThuglifeJ
10-31-2014, 01:48 AM
Same old Lebron. Sinking due to pressure. God I don't understand what you all see in this poser

He's a fraud. I don't get it either. I get his talent, I get his athleticism, strength, etc..I don't get why he's praised as top 5 or w.e all time...just because he's gotten spoiled with teams and marketed to death..

I already know how this will go..same story, except Kevin Love will carry him during the tough times.. Instead of a Ray Allen 3.

Serious he's had so many embarrassing moments we just smile and act like never happened. Before that Allen 3 in game 6 bron clanked 2 threes off the backboard in his attempt to win..in finals last year he had 'cramps'. The crab dribble on gamewinner thing hell defend to this day. Tonight he completely sucked.

Bottom line..he has a massive self centered complex, where true many people love to watch him play...his heads way bigger than the game itself so he puts even more pressure on himself. But its clear he thinks everyone cares what he's doing every second similiar to a varsity athlete in high school...lebrons stuck in a pre teen mindset.

To be fair, I couldn't imagine being the face of basketball and receiving that much attention since I was a kid..I say the same thing about Justin bieber. Also a dbag, but to be fair they don't know any better...they've never been out of a spotlight or have to work for things...

Just wish someone (A PARENT) would force these guys to be more of men. Just be a man lebron... Ur 30 now...I'm sick of this childish crap its not even psychologically healthy to have a teenager mindset when ur that old.

Chrisclover
10-31-2014, 02:48 AM
It was big because King was assassinated when he was on parade.
No worries, Lebron,people will remember how you performed anyway.

Master Mind
10-31-2014, 03:11 AM
So about that concert before the game...:rolleyes:

kozelkid
10-31-2014, 12:11 PM

Funny, considering you were a Bulls fan only a couple of years ago. Which team is next on your schedule?

Slug3
10-31-2014, 12:22 PM
So was this meant to be ever? Or ever for Cleveland?

DR_1
10-31-2014, 03:26 PM

So is Kobe. Kobe has an unfairly exaggerated reputation of being a ballhog imo.

DR_1
10-31-2014, 03:29 PM

I wouldn't be calling him, and specifically Chicago fans, out. You were a Bulls fan I remember you posting in the forum, and now you are a Cavs fan. So no need to be hostile to Chicagoans.

SoCal Bob
10-31-2014, 03:31 PM
It's 2014, but Cleveland didn't suddenly become a cool place to live.

And when did Miami ever become a cool place to live? That place is a sh*thole lol :laugh:

Big Zo
10-31-2014, 03:51 PM
And when did Miami ever become a cool place to live? That place is a sh*thole lol :laugh:

Must be why we get so much tourism, and people from all over the country move down here.

d00d
10-31-2014, 03:53 PM
honestly, I think Lebron is delusional and narcissistic.

Delusion of Grandeur much?

2-ONE-5
10-31-2014, 04:05 PM
Worse bandwagon

1) Miami
2) Cleveland

What do you guys think?

I wanna say Miami but after watching Sportscenter this morning and seeing a segment on Cavs fans and how they deserve this and deserve to win a ring i have to go with cavs bcuz frankly they dont deserve jack **** after turning on James and still not going to support the team in 4 years he was gone.

d00d
10-31-2014, 04:07 PM
i have to go with cavs bcuz frankly they dont deserve jack **** after turning on James and still not going to support the team in 4 years he was gone.

they dont deserve jack **** period. no team deserves a ring

Slug3
10-31-2014, 04:20 PM
Worse bandwagon

1) Miami
2) Cleveland

What do you guys think?

I saw screw you, and this is coming from a Heat and Lions fan. So I dislike you in 2 sports. :)

Vinylman
10-31-2014, 04:51 PM
people trying real hard to get upset at something so little.

agree with your characterization of Lebron's self esteem

deaner
10-31-2014, 04:55 PM
Those Lebron 12s must really suck.

Hawkeye15
10-31-2014, 05:01 PM

LeBron is just naive I think. Like, shut up dude, whenever you open your mouth you sound like you want us to feel sorry for you, or you say something that is stupid, like this comment.

Though, it's the media and fans that put this crap in his head. It is covered to death, so anytime he turns on a television, there it is!

Hawkeye15
10-31-2014, 05:02 PM
Says this and then is the worst player on the floor. Double facepalm.

haha, that was ironic. He was really bad

ghettosean
10-31-2014, 05:29 PM
I thought this was a joke or a bull**** thread when I opened it... LOL... I can't believe he would actually think or say this... Honestly how can people not see how full of himself the chosen one is??? Or is it The King??? or is it... ummmmm well you get the picture!

ghettosean
10-31-2014, 05:30 PM
This guys ego is unbelievable. Not even Jordan sniffed such comments when he came out of retirement the first time. This is hardly the biggest sporting event of the year, yet alone ever.

+1

Hawkeye15
10-31-2014, 05:49 PM
I thought this was a joke or a bull**** thread when I opened it... LOL... I can't believe he would actually think or say this... Honestly how can people not see how full of himself the chosen one is??? Or is it The King??? or is it... ummmmm well you get the picture!

do you think you would be pretty high on yourself if you were followed around and stroked off by the national media since age 14, and everything you do is on the front page of every news, sporting, network, or radio site? The media's obsession with him has helped create what he is.

I just think he is straight up naive honestly, I doubt he even sees that he can act like a guy who either wants sympathy, or that he can come off as having a god complex.

Tony_Starks
10-31-2014, 06:25 PM
There was no need to hype it, the event spoke for itself. He sounded corny and exaggerated, like those old WWF SummerSlam commercials...

Tony_Starks
10-31-2014, 06:34 PM
do you think you would be pretty high on yourself if you were followed around and stroked off by the national media since age 14, and everything you do is on the front page of every news, sporting, network, or radio site? The media's obsession with him has helped create what he is.

I just think he is straight up naive honestly, I doubt he even sees that he can act like a guy who either wants sympathy, or that he can come off as having a god complex.

He's not as naive as you think trust me. He has a management team around him that's sole purpose is to promote the Lebron James brand. They're going to milk the coming home campaign for all it's worth....

Jamiecballer
10-31-2014, 07:10 PM
There was no need to hype it, the event spoke for itself. He sounded corny and exaggerated, like those old WWF SummerSlam commercials...
Do you have a link to the video?

ghettosean
10-31-2014, 07:51 PM

You have a valid point but honestly there is more to it than that there have been other players right out of high school and are no where close to being as egotistical as Lebron is. The way a person grows up would influence their personality and all and if it was me "would I be high on myself" the answer is yes probably but he's 30 years old now and still clowning around like he's the greatest thing to touch planet earth. There is a point where you should learn from your mistakes this applies to anyone not just Lebron but keeps making the same dumb mistakes and saying the same dumb things year after year after year. He did this stuff when he was a teenager to young adult to now a grown *** man... I think it's time to stop making excuses for the idiotic comments he makes at this stage of his life.

amos1er
10-31-2014, 07:51 PM
Lol. I am not even offended over this. It's so silly. There are things about Lebron's fan hype that are a lot more egregious that this little mishap. He honestly feels stupid about this today I'm betting. Just a little slip of the tongue and nothing more... That's all this is.

Jamiecballer
10-31-2014, 09:06 PM
Am I the first person to point out that the thread title isn't quite accurate. You shouldn't be able to make threads without accurately quoting someone.

RLundi
10-31-2014, 09:19 PM

You laker fans truly can't help but to make everything about Kobe, just like LBJ fans make everything about Lebron.

Please, for the sake of the children, just stop already.

Tony_Starks
10-31-2014, 09:24 PM
Am I the first person to point out that the thread title isn't quite accurate. You shouldn't be able to make threads without accurately quoting someone.

If you watched the game in the pre game huddle his exact words to his guys were "remember you're apart of the biggest event in sports history."
He was mic'd up. He also said as much to a reporter before the game.

It's stupid and not a big deal like others have stated but he did actually say it. You can easily look it up.

Jamiecballer
10-31-2014, 10:45 PM
If you watched the game in the pre game huddle his exact words to his guys were "remember you're apart of the biggest event in sports history."
He was mic'd up. He also said as much to a reporter before the game.

It's stupid and not a big deal like others have stated but he did actually say it. You can easily look it up.
OK I didn't hear him say it only heard about the interview when he said "one of".

FlashBolt
10-31-2014, 11:25 PM
Who the hell cares. This is not BASKETBALL related in any way. This is becoming more like TMZ each and every day. "LeBron said this, LeBron said that", "LeBron has an ego." What's next? LeBron isn't sleeping with your wife? Give me a break... How about Kobe calling Dwight with vulgar and offensive language? Yet, we're ridiculing the guy who is trying to pump up an event... Good lord.

Cromedome
11-01-2014, 12:06 AM
The Knicks are back!

M.I.A.
11-01-2014, 05:20 PM
We shall see in due time.