PDA

View Full Version : Can Milwaukee or Boston make the playoffs?

FriedTofuz
10-30-2014, 02:53 AM
Both teams are in their rebuilding stages but with a lot of depth and upcoming youth on both of their respective teams, it would be unlikely, but still a possibility of each of these teams making an 8th seed. Just to start off the season, Milwaukee was hanging with a playoff team ( charolet)and Boston beat the Nets. Is it possible for this to continue past this game and for each of these teams having a chance at surprising many?

goingfor28
10-30-2014, 07:19 AM
Boston maybe. Milwaukee just does not have enough talent

ManningToTyree
10-30-2014, 08:29 AM
Not yet but they are both going in the right direction. I don't think Rondo finishes the year in Boston but even with him it would be tough

The bucks are just way too young but very exciting

koreancabbage
10-30-2014, 08:52 AM
4 teams fighting for those last two spots: Knicks, Nets, Pistons, Boston.

Bucks gonna finish 11th maybe? Not enough experience or scoring in the front court for them.

2-ONE-5
10-30-2014, 08:53 AM
come on its 1 game into the season.

JayMoralesMusic
10-30-2014, 09:13 AM
Boston can be a matchup problem for teams with their speed and ability to shoot all over the floor with all their players, but the lack defense and reliance on streaky players will prevent them from that. Bucks have no chance tho
Cavs
Hornets
Heats
Raps
Pistons
Wiz
Nets
Bulls
Are my playoff teams (in no order)

Arch Stanton
10-30-2014, 10:09 AM
No, unless they make a major trade.

Hawkeye15
10-30-2014, 10:51 AM
sure, its the east. a 3 game win streak gets you into the playoffs in that conference..

Jamiecballer
10-30-2014, 11:43 AM
Boston can. I think they will be right there at the end, 3rd in the Atlantic. Milwaukee still has a long ways to go.

c.c.
10-30-2014, 11:55 AM
Just by seeing Milwaukee go to Middleton for a game winner, I'm counting them out lol. As for the Celtics, I can see them sneaking in the playoffs.

mjt20mik
10-30-2014, 11:59 AM
I really don't see BK making the playoffs this year without a healthy Lopez. Hollins is a good coach, but they really have no interior presence. I think Boston can swoop up and take their spot (6-8). Brad Stevens is a G.

DemarDerozan
10-30-2014, 12:08 PM
4 teams fighting for those last two spots: Knicks, Nets, Pistons, Boston.

Bucks gonna finish 11th maybe? Not enough experience or scoring in the front court for them.

Pistons looked rough last night outside of JSmoove. It will be interesting to see what they do when they have Meeks and Monroe back.

Celtics have a decent shot. They remind me a little of last years bobcats. Bucks will be in the lottery unless Jabari plays like Melo during his rookie year... Also if Middleton and Knight reach anywhere near there potential. Hopefully Kidd can work with them.

SportsFanatic10
10-30-2014, 12:19 PM
Boston can be a matchup problem for teams with their speed and ability to shoot all over the floor with all their players, but the lack defense and reliance on streaky players will prevent them from that. Bucks have no chance tho
Cavs
Hornets
Heats
Raps
Pistons
Wiz
Nets
Bulls
Are my playoff teams (in no order)

i agree with your list except i really think the hawks will make it in place of either the nets or pistons.

so as for the ops question no to both.

pebloemer
10-30-2014, 12:45 PM
I think Boston has a shot in the East, depending on how their young players progress. They have some nice pieces there. They probably have to beat out Brooklyn and New York in the Atlantic to do it though. I have Cleveland, Chicago, Washington, Toronto, Charlotte, Atlanta and Miami as likely playoff teams. Injuries will invariably occur though. Boston will be an interesting team to follow this year.

Milwaukee has some really exciting young players (Parker, Antetokounmpo), but there are still a ways away IMO.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
10-30-2014, 01:48 PM
I feel like the minute Rondo starts playing at an All Star level again on a consistent basis, the Celtics are going to ship him out.

The other thing to keep in consideration with the Celtics performance last night is that literally every player played well. Last night was one of those games that I doubt we see more than three of four more times the rest of the season.

krazylegz
10-30-2014, 02:19 PM
why not?...pro players play for both those squads

Crackadalic
10-30-2014, 02:55 PM
If Rondo can play like that I think they have a shot

Rondo/Smart
Bradly/Turner
Green/Thorton
Sullinger/Bass
Olynyk/Zeller

is a decent squad to fight for 7th-8th