PDA

View Full Version : Anybody notice the moment when they started double-teaming Kobe?

Sssmush
10-29-2014, 07:54 PM
Here's what I saw: Kobe was just casually scoring at will and absolutely USING defenders. He was scoring buckets in the first two quarters just so easily, like he was shooting around with his friends at a picnic. I was telling my GFE wow look at that, it's like he doesn't even have to try. He's 14 feet from the hoop with one defender, just gives a little shake and a sidestep and he's dropping wide open shots without even breaking a sweat. Then I checked back later in the 2nd quarter and I noticed "ah-hah! NOW they're doubling him" because two defenders were swarming out to him at 22 feet.

But what does this tell you? Obviously the Lakers weren't in a position to win that game last night, (for the record I stopped watching during the 2nd quarter, but I checked the box score later). But the Lakers weren't really "in" that game, just because Houston was scoring more buckets overall and the Laker's offense wasn't in full production mode.

But the point is that all these people who were saying Kobe's over the hill at 35, won't really be a factor, etc etc, and could be disregarded... were wrong. Those saying he's $24M of wasted cap space couldn't be more wrong. The fact that Houston is already having to desperately double team him and he's not even warmed up yet should let you know what's coming. A potentially BIG season and the possibility that Kobe and Byron start teaming up and leveraging the full power and potency of the Mamba.

It looks to me like a great Kobe/Laker season coming up. The Randle thing sucks... but oh well. Give him a year to grow into his body, he should be 100% when his bone heals.

And even if the Lakers just decided to mail it in this year and tank by just focusing on defense (which I wouldn't foresee them doing)... I mean believe me when I say that every contending GM from Chicago to NY to Cleveland to San Antonio to Portland to the Clippers to Miami saw Kobe playing last night and ANY of them would send us two 2015 first round picks + two solid young prospects + 1 left nut to add Kobe to their team.

You could get Taj Gibson + two firsts for Kobe this afternoon, but why would we? You're going to see the greatest show on Earth in like 5 minutes yo

Sssmush
10-29-2014, 07:58 PM
Also, let me just say that if Kobe is even 1/3 as tough and durable as Jason Kidd (I'd say it's more like 2X) then you can expect to see Kobe beating the **** out of the league and all its young contenders until you're tired of watching it.

Hangin n Wangin
10-30-2014, 12:35 AM
here's what i saw: Kobe was just casually scoring at will and absolutely using defenders. He was scoring buckets in the first two quarters just so easily, like he was shooting around with his friends at a picnic. I was telling my gfe wow look at that, it's like he doesn't even have to try. He's 14 feet from the hoop with one defender, just gives a little shake and a sidestep and he's dropping wide open shots without even breaking a sweat. Then i checked back later in the 2nd quarter and i noticed "ah-hah! Now they're doubling him" because two defenders were swarming out to him at 22 feet.

But what does this tell you? Obviously the lakers weren't in a position to win that game last night, (for the record i stopped watching during the 2nd quarter, but i checked the box score later). But the lakers weren't really "in" that game, just because houston was scoring more buckets overall and the laker's offense wasn't in full production mode.

But the point is that all these people who were saying kobe's over the hill at 35, won't really be a factor, etc etc, and could be disregarded... Were wrong. Those saying he's $24m of wasted cap space couldn't be more wrong. The fact that houston is already having to desperately double team him and he's not even warmed up yet should let you know what's coming. A potentially big season and the possibility that kobe and byron start teaming up and leveraging the full power and potency of the mamba.

It looks to me like a great kobe/laker season coming up. The randle thing sucks... But oh well. Give him a year to grow into his body, he should be 100% when his bone heals.

And even if the lakers just decided to mail it in this year and tank by just focusing on defense (which i wouldn't foresee them doing)... I mean believe me when i say that every contending gm from chicago to ny to cleveland to san antonio to portland to the clippers to miami saw kobe playing last night and any of them would send us two 2015 first round picks + two solid young prospects + 1 left nut to add kobe to their team.

You could get taj gibson + two firsts for kobe this afternoon, but why would we? You're going to see the greatest show on earth in like 5 minutes yo

STFU and GTFO

P&GRealist
10-30-2014, 04:03 AM
Sssmmmuuussshhh Parker!!!!

Mcdoh
10-30-2014, 07:07 AM
bee doo bee doo..

jaydubb
10-30-2014, 07:19 AM
bee doo bee doo..

R2D2?? Dood.. I didn't know your a laker fan!! ****in nice man!

Vinylman
10-30-2014, 08:40 AM
more smushie nonesense

Sssmush
11-01-2014, 04:26 PM
STFU and GTFO

Seriously?

Well, outside the troll-bubble, what I see is that Kobe has like 70 points in 3 games already, and I still feel like he's just warming up. And that dunk over Barnes looked pretty effortless. BAM.

Again, just let me tell this to you again: teams haven't figured this out yet, but soon enough they will, the fact that they're going to have to start doubling Kobe. And as Kobe picks up steam and starts dropping 25-30 on teams WHILE they're doubling him, that's going to open things up quite a bit. Then the Lin-Davis thing starts lighting it up, Boozer starts working it from inside, Wesly Johnson from the wing... yikes think about when Nick Young comes back.

Again the main thing is Kobe. The Lakers right now are all about Kobe. Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe. He looks primed to go on a 10-game run of 40-point performances if you ask me.

But yeah, I guess all the "real Laker fans" in here will immediately be all pissed off to hear this, they will immediately be complaining that this is NOT the Sam Abbot/San Antonio style of basketball that they've come to know and love being a bunch of bandwagon *****es on the Spurs fan-club. *wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*