PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather build your team around right now and foreseeable future....

Longhornfan1234
10-29-2014, 04:10 PM
KD or The Brow?

The Brow is a better two way player. KD is much better offensive player and more efficient.

jaydubb
10-29-2014, 04:12 PM
I'd always prefer building a team around a big guy personally.. I'm going with Anthony Davis on this one.

ManningToTyree
10-29-2014, 04:24 PM
Good question. I'm going with KD but not by much. I've already seen him become a top 3 player/ MVP. Davis will get there IMO but he hasn't yet so I gotta go with the sure(er) thing.

sheesh
10-29-2014, 04:26 PM
We don't know Davis' ceiling.

I've got to go with the player who potential has been filled. So Durant.

bucketss
10-29-2014, 04:40 PM
durant, he has g.o.a.t potential.

FlashBolt
10-29-2014, 05:41 PM
This Anthony Davis hype is a joke. This guy has ZERO expectations in terms of winning what ultimately matters. He has no pressure to take his team to the playoffs. Come to me when this guy is forced to dominate day in and day out under pressure.

mrblisterdundee
10-29-2014, 06:11 PM
This Anthony Davis hype is a joke. This guy has ZERO expectations in terms of winning what ultimately matters. He has no pressure to take his team to the playoffs. Come to me when this guy is forced to dominate day in and day out under pressure.

You're comparing a championship contender with a team that recently started rebuilding. The Thunder sucked significantly worse in Durant's second year than the Pelicans did during Davis' second year. And two years is all we have to go off of, in terms of comparing Davis' and Durant's development.
In their respective second years, Davis' Pelicans won 11 more games than Durant's Thunder that was with their starting point guard out more than 65 percent of the season. Davis' PER slightly surpassed Durant's in his third year, pointing to a faster development for Davis than Durant. Maybe that's why it only took until his second year for Davis to make an all-star game, whereas it took Durant three.
In his second year, Davis scored about two fewer points per 36 minutes than Durant in his second year, while averaging a significantly higher field goal percentage of course, Durant shot higher than 42 percent from three-point land as a sophomore. But Davis also grabbed about 40 percent more rebounds, three times as many blocks and an equal amount of steals.
In their first two years on rebuilding teams, Davis has proven the better player. Based on those two years, I would take Davis. Now it all depends on how fast he keeps growing, and who the Pelicans bring in to help him.

JEDean89
10-29-2014, 06:14 PM
^^^ keep beating that drum, cause LBJ made it to the playoffs in his first year... AD has played on a **** team, you don't just take a team from a bottom 3 worst team in the league to the western conference playoffs at 19 years old overnight. This team had injuries to Jrue, Gordon, Anderson and Reke last year, Davis himself had a few injuries. Add those guys being healthy, and Asik, this should be a playoff team.

AD is probably the best 2 way player in the league right now. He had a PER of 44.4 in that game last night, that's ****ing craziness. I don't ever expect him to be Durant offensively, but his defense is something you can build chip around. I think he could be a 26, 12, 4 player with 3+ blocks and 2+ steals a game. That would be a player I would take over LBJ or Durant.

Slug3
10-29-2014, 06:29 PM
^^^ keep beating that drum, cause LBJ made it to the playoffs in his first year... AD has played on a **** team, you don't just take a team from a bottom 3 worst team in the league to the western conference playoffs at 19 years old overnight. This team had injuries to Jrue, Gordon, Anderson and Reke last year, Davis himself had a few injuries. Add those guys being healthy, and Asik, this should be a playoff team.

AD is probably the best 2 way player in the league right now. He had a PER of 44.4 in that game last night, that's ****ing craziness. I don't ever expect him to be Durant offensively, but his defense is something you can build chip around. I think he could be a 26, 12, 4 player with 3+ blocks and 2+ steals a game. That would be a player I would take over LBJ or Durant.

Lebron didn't take the Cavs to the playoffs his first year.

Tony_Starks
10-29-2014, 06:57 PM
KD has already proven he can lead a team to the Finals. I'll wait for AD to have some sort of playoff success before I feed into the hype....

tredigs
10-29-2014, 07:02 PM
I'll take the 6'11" MVP who puts up 32/7/6 on 64% TS with high end defense. Next question.

Miltstar
10-29-2014, 07:10 PM
Anthony Davis, he's 5 years younger and only a small step below KD right now. I think the Pelicans surprise a lot of people and make the playoffs this year. KD has yet to show that killer instinct in the playoffs. When Davis really fills out his frame and polishes his post game he's going to be unstoppable. Just imagine if he can add a consistent jump shot to his game, he has a nice touch from the line so I don't think it's unreasonable to think he might

SportsFanatic10
10-29-2014, 07:32 PM
it's actually a really tough choice. AD has amazing potential, but KD is already a superstar and an amazing scorer who's still young. durant's the safe choice and probably who i'd go with, but i wouldn't be surprised if in time davis turns out to have the higher ceiling in terms of value to a championship team as a two way big.

da ThRONe
10-29-2014, 07:44 PM
The overhyping of Davis is pretty funny.

The real question should be who would I rather start a franchise with Anthony Davis or Serge Ibaka. I'm taking Ibaka. Better jump shooter, post defender, and post scorer.

SanAntonioSpurs23
10-29-2014, 09:32 PM
Anthony Davis.

ewing
10-30-2014, 01:21 AM
We don't know Davis' ceiling.

I've got to go with the player who potential has been filled. So Durant.

exactly, Durrant is good enough to be the best player on a Championship team right now, so you take him. I love AD and honestly believe he is an MVP in the making but you don't know. right now you take KD