PDA

View Full Version : Kobe calls Dwight a 'soft' teddy bear

P&GRealist
10-29-2014, 04:05 AM
@SerenaWinters: KB didn't agree w/ Byron saying him & Dwight don't like eachother: "You can't help but like him. He's a teddy bear. He's a really nice kid."

SF8
10-29-2014, 04:13 AM
Lol and then Dwight called him a "p***sy".

Gotta love this stuff.

numba1CHANGsta
10-29-2014, 04:36 AM
Breaking News: Dwight wears dresses and high heels

Mr_Jones
10-29-2014, 05:14 AM
dwight howard wores dresses and high heels so I bought dresses and high heels

amos1er
10-29-2014, 06:36 AM
Nice!

Arch Stanton
10-29-2014, 09:43 AM
Kobe is going to be frustrated and do a lot of name calling this year :laugh2:

cmellofan15
10-29-2014, 09:57 AM
And then Dwight says,

"What do you want me to say because I'm not going to give you nothing," Howard said. "That's stupid. We won the game. It's over with."

Kobe sounds like a bitter ex girlfriend to me...but whatever it takes to make headlines, right?

Tony_Starks
10-29-2014, 10:56 AM
We all know Dwight is soft as wet tissue paper.

bucketss
10-29-2014, 11:45 AM
kobe still hurt.

cmellofan15
10-29-2014, 12:07 PM
We all know Dwight is soft as wet tissue paper.

but Kobe's the one running his mouth...

L8kers4life
10-29-2014, 12:40 PM
Anybody saying Kobe is just trying to make headlines is crazy, Dwight elbowed him in the mouth, then called Kobe a name, Kobe then called him a B*%ch *****. In the press conference Kobe down played it and said how can you not like the guy, he's like soft teddy bear. He was joking,..

FOBolous
10-29-2014, 12:54 PM
And then Dwight says,

"What do you want me to say because I'm not going to give you nothing," Howard said. "That's stupid. We won the game. It's over with."

Kobe sounds like a bitter ex girlfriend to me...but whatever it takes to make headlines, right?

lol this.

to be fair, i would be mad too if i know i'll never get that 6th ring and will be ending my career as a "star" on one of the worse teams in the NBA.

IndyRealist
10-29-2014, 01:10 PM
I'm confused where the quote says "soft". Was it left out of the tweet?

FOBolous
10-29-2014, 01:12 PM

kobe got frustrated because Dwight's team was blowing the Lakers out and called Dwight soft after Dwight accidentally elbows him in the face. then in the post-game interview, he referred to Dwight as a "teddy bear" because teddy bears are soft.

IndyRealist
10-29-2014, 01:15 PM
kobe got frustrated because Dwight's team was blowing the Lakers out and called Dwight soft after Dwight accidentally elbows him in the face. then in the post-game interview, he referred to Dwight as a "teddy bear" because teddy bears are soft.
Or he calls him a teddy bear because teddy bears are lovable just like Dwight, as in you can't help but like him. Of course, people can read into it all they want to suit their agendas.

FOBolous
10-29-2014, 01:17 PM
Or he calls him a teddy bear because teddy bears are lovable just like Dwight, as in you can't help but like him. Of course, people can read into it all they want to suit their agendas.

lol that's another interpretation. yes.

goingfor28
10-29-2014, 01:47 PM
No he clearly said it last night. You could see it on tv

Ariza's Better
10-29-2014, 04:44 PM
Who does Kobe think he is, Enzo Amore.

alexander_37
10-29-2014, 05:23 PM
It's like that one half decent player on some small *** farm town highschool team who talks trash as they are getting blown out by 20 because he has 16 points.

naps
10-29-2014, 05:30 PM
Kobe is so butt-hurt LOL. Trying to stay relevant I see.

Kobe fans are comical. When Dwight went to LA, he was the next Wilt, next Kareem, next Shaq. When he left them high and dry, he's soft LMFAO!

numba1CHANGsta
10-29-2014, 05:38 PM
Kobe is so butt-hurt LOL. Trying to stay relevant I see.

Kobe fans are comical. When Dwight went to LA, he was the next Wilt, next Kareem, next Shaq. When he left them high and dry, he's soft LMFAO!

thing is that everyone expected Dwight to recover from his injury and be the same dominant Dwight of the past, but it never happened, he was soft in LA and will be soft for the rest of his career.

FlashBolt
10-29-2014, 05:39 PM
Dwight is soft.. Kobe is the toughest NBA player I've ever seen during my span of watching NBA. No one comes close. This guy will walk through thumbtacks just to try and get past you for the chance to score two points. Dwight is just a child who in my opinion, will ultimately cause him to be known as one of those "what ifs". At least with Shaq, he was serious when it mattered. Dwight doesn't care. He lets the game drag on and as his years dwindle, he continues making a mockery of himself with silly antics. It's gotten the point where Joakim Noah has become a better player than Dwight. You can't teach that. Dwight was the clear MVP in 2011 and best center for quite some time. You can blame the injuries all you want but the consistency is there. He simply doesn't care about winning and cares more about feeling comfortable with players in which he can go to Chuck-E-Cheese with and hang out by middle schools in his free time instead of practicing his free throws or developing some post moves. How many times has this guy been practicing with Hakeem? Hakeem should be a billionaire by now.. yet, what have we really seen from Dwight. Same old fake to the left and drive to the right.. get fouled.. and then shoot free throws. Yet, we're supposed to call him "dominating"? This guy is a joke. I feel bad for Houston fans. I really do. They think they hit the jackpot but the only thing they received is someone who just wants to have fun. That's okay when you're playing streetball but when one of your teammate is also one of the most successful NBA players in NBA history, you have to grow the hell up.

Tony_Starks
10-29-2014, 06:00 PM
If you saw the entire interview he actually said Dwight is a nice kid and it was basically the heat of the battle. But the Kobe haters will always put their spin on it.

The dude cocked back and bowed him to the face, of course Kobe isn't going to take that lying down.

As far as calling him soft in the game that's no news flash. In his Orlando days KG used to repeatedly call him a "clown" to his face in the playoffs. Nobody is scared of Dwight, he's a big athletic goofball.

Bruno
10-29-2014, 06:08 PM
I love it, both guys playing hard. giving us some of that old school grit in a league where too many superstars are buddy-buddy and collude to play together.

I like what I saw out of Dwight. a lot.

it's all good fun, we should enjoy it.

alexander_37
10-29-2014, 08:45 PM
I love it, both guys playing hard. giving us some of that old school grit in a league where too many superstars are buddy-buddy and collude to play together.

I like what I saw out of Dwight. a lot.

it's all good fun, we should enjoy it.

I agree with this big time. There is no problem if they want to be friends off the court but they are often way too friendly on court. That is one thing I have always respected Kobe for.

IversonIsKrazy
10-29-2014, 11:32 PM
I thought this was awesome haha. At the end of the day, Kobe is a 5x Champ, 2x Finals MVP. Dwight, I dont see him ever being a Champ.

Iron24th
10-29-2014, 11:40 PM
lol this.

to be fair, i would be mad too if i know i'll never get that 6th ring and will be ending my career as a "star" on one of the worse teams in the NBA.

Sounds better than never win a ring right?

t_money25
10-30-2014, 12:39 AM
It's funny to read all these comments saying Dwight is soft but Kobe had all the opportunity in the world to hit Dwight or even get up in his face but chose to do neither. All Kobe wanted to do is run his mouth. He obvious didn't want to get into a physical confrontation with Dwight Howard.

IDunknown
10-30-2014, 02:42 AM
No he clearly said it last night. You could see it on tv

this He called him soft when they got the techs too

amos1er
10-30-2014, 07:52 AM
Leave it to Kobe to pull no punches. Truly the last of a dying breed.

amos1er
10-30-2014, 07:54 AM

How quickly they forget. Lol.

c.c.
10-30-2014, 08:13 AM
Kobe would of never been elbowed in his face if he would of never been in Dwight face trying to deny a pass. His team down 20 and he still trying stack up some stats, what a loser!

t_money25
10-30-2014, 09:50 AM
Kobe fouled Dwight even before the elbow

sammyvine
10-30-2014, 09:55 AM
Kobe would of never been elbowed in his face if he would of never been in Dwight face trying to deny a pass. His team down 20 and he still trying stack up some stats, what a loser!

Your probably 16 or 17 because this reply shows your age badly. I mean really lol?

FOBolous
10-30-2014, 01:42 PM

yes. we know. you Lakers fans love to live in the past. i would too if i have nothing to look forward to. and again, all Kobe and LA fans have to look forward to is Kobe ending his career on one of the worse team in the NBA...never getting his 6th ring. with that in mind, I can understand why Kobe is so bitter.

Hawkeye15
10-30-2014, 01:52 PM
I would actually start liking Kobe if during his 2 year farewell tour, he just starts trolling everyone in the NBA

astrosmaniac
10-30-2014, 05:44 PM
If you saw the entire interview he actually said Dwight is a nice kid and it was basically the heat of the battle. But the Kobe haters will always put their spin on it.

The dude cocked back and bowed him to the face, of course Kobe isn't going to take that lying down.

As far as calling him soft in the game that's no news flash. In his Orlando days KG used to repeatedly call him a "clown" to his face in the playoffs. Nobody is scared of Dwight, he's a big athletic goofball.

he cleared out a rebound when a guard came in slapping at the ball and got him in the face. Kobe clearly fouled dwight first (hence why they changed the call after review) and if this was the 80s or early 90s dwight would be praised for his tough, take no crap attitude.

people pine for the "good ole days" of physical and tenacious basketball, and then when this kind of stuff happens people have a problem with it. Seems pretty contradictory.

Hawkeye15
10-30-2014, 05:49 PM
he cleared out a rebound when a guard came in slapping at the ball and got him in the face. Kobe clearly fouled dwight first (hence why they changed the call after review) and if this was the 80s or early 90s dwight would be praised for his tough, take no crap attitude.

people pine for the "good ole days" of physical and tenacious basketball, and then when this kind of stuff happens people have a problem with it. Seems pretty contradictory.

probably because as a whole our population has become more and more sissified...

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-30-2014, 06:58 PM

A loser with more rings than your franchise. Dwight a just mad he's got his *** kicked by kobe his whole career.