PDA

View Full Version : Lets Face It...

Dade County
10-29-2014, 02:09 AM
If Kobe doesn't retire (I think Kobe got most of his money last year, so I don't know how that will workout on the business side of things) he will get traded.

I know it's only the first game, but we all can see how this season is going to be for the Lakers.

I am leaning towards he'll be traded, over he retires.

http://www.si.com/nba/point-forward/2013/11/02/kobe-bryant-lakers-contract-pay-day-24-million

This is not a hate Kobe thread, so please posters relax.

goingfor28
10-29-2014, 02:14 AM
Ya he's not getting traded

soundjunkies2
10-29-2014, 02:14 AM
Absolutely no chance of that happening. Strictly from a business sense he makes the lakers far to much money for them to trade him.

jerellh528
10-29-2014, 02:16 AM
Let's face what? What's the point of this thread?

IKnowHoops
10-29-2014, 02:19 AM
If the lakers were concerned with winning he would get traded. But Kobe on the court puts the many members of the Kobe hoard's butts in seats. Unless he gets so bad that the hoard realizes that he is now garbage, and they can't bare to watch him at such a low level, and such a poor loosing product of b-ball. Well see just how bad he can be while still attracting fans.

IKnowHoops
10-29-2014, 02:19 AM
Let's face what? What's the point of this thread?

You really are a glutton for punishment.

Sportfan
10-29-2014, 02:22 AM
WHo would trade for that contract...

IKnowHoops
10-29-2014, 02:24 AM
If Kobe doesn't retire (I think Kobe got most of his money last year, so I don't know how that will workout on the business side of things) he will get traded.

I know it's only the first game, but we all can see how this season is going to be for the Lakers.

I am leaning towards he'll be traded, then he retires.

http://www.si.com/nba/point-forward/2013/11/02/kobe-bryant-lakers-contract-pay-day-24-million

Any time you keep it real about Kobe, a large number of his supporters are gonna call it a hate thread.

Dade County
10-29-2014, 02:25 AM
It will be mutual by both parties, after about 30 games into the season.

They will send him somewhere, that he will be able to compete for a ring.

I can't see him staying through a full year of this. But I can be wrong.

Don't go crazy posters, this is just how I feel.

Dade County
10-29-2014, 02:25 AM
[/B]

Any time you keep it real about Kobe, a large number of his supporters are gonna call it a hate thread.

Lmao

IKnowHoops
10-29-2014, 02:26 AM

This more than anything else is why he won't be traded. Nobody wants him on there team for 8m let alone 24m.:laugh2:

Dade County
10-29-2014, 02:27 AM

Well if the Lakers pay the other half on that large lump some, maybe a owner wouldn't mind (but I don't know how that really works).

Maybe someone can give some insight on this subject?

curtcocaine
10-29-2014, 02:35 AM
You made this troll tbread and you wa t someone else to do your research?

curtcocaine
10-29-2014, 02:37 AM
Will wades knees blow up before the all star break? Make that thread!!!

IKnowHoops
10-29-2014, 02:42 AM
You made this troll tbread and you wa t someone else to do your research?

hahahahahahahhaha-oh man:laugh:

I have never had t bread before. Is it more like banana bread or pumpkin bread?

DemarDerozan
10-29-2014, 03:33 AM
hahahahahahahhaha-oh man:laugh:

I have never had t bread before. Is it more like banana bread or pumpkin bread?

You know 03 Lebron and after bandwagon hoops,
Trown.
That's a mix between troll and clown.

IKnowHoops
10-29-2014, 04:10 AM
You know 03 Lebron and after bandwagon hoops,
Trown.
That's a mix between troll and clown.

No comprendo mi amiga.

SF8
10-29-2014, 04:12 AM
I think higher chance Wade gets traded than Kobe. I feel like Kobe will also outperform Wade statistically this season if he remains healthy.

P&GRealist
10-29-2014, 04:13 AM
If the lakers were concerned with winning he would get traded. But Kobe on the court puts the many members of the Kobe hoard's butts in seats. Unless he gets so bad that the hoard realizes that he is now garbage, and they can't bare to watch him at such a low level, and such a poor loosing product of b-ball. Well see just how bad he can be while still attracting fans.

Kobe is not the problem lol

numba1CHANGsta
10-29-2014, 04:35 AM

I am leaning towards he'll be traded, over he retires.

Worry about your own team problems like D. Wade's old brittle legs and Bosh's sexuality and why Birdman wears so much effin gel

IKnowHoops
10-29-2014, 04:45 AM
Kobe is not the problem lol

His contract is the problem. They can never be good with a contract that high on a player that is only worth half that from a winning perspective.

Crackadalic
10-29-2014, 05:07 AM
As much as it makes sense from a future and basketball standpoint to trade kobe, financially it does not. Do you know how much Kobe brings to the laker franchise? He brings about 80-100 mil a year to them. No way in hell they trade him unless he retires

IBleedPurple
10-29-2014, 07:22 AM
Let's face what? What's the point of this thread?The same as the others, there isn't one.

SlimKid
10-29-2014, 08:05 AM
What the heck has happened to PSD...

Dade County
10-29-2014, 08:06 AM
Worry about your own team problems like D. Wade's old brittle legs and Bosh's sexuality and why Birdman wears so much effin gel

:laugh2:

Whats up with all this hate.... This isn't a bash Kobe thread or a attack Wade thread...smh

Kobe wants to win, I can't see him playing the entire season with no shot at wining an even amount of games.

The Lakers are rebuilding.

This thread wasn't made to attack Laker or Kobe fans, you guys are crazy.

nycericanguy
10-29-2014, 08:39 AM
It will be mutual by both parties, after about 30 games into the season.

They will send him somewhere, that he will be able to compete for a ring.

I can't see him staying through a full year of this. But I can be wrong.

Don't go crazy posters, this is just how I feel.

It's possible... I've said the same thing.

Send him back with Phil & Fisher in the triangle, and he finally gets to play with Melo.

Amare + THJR + Early or something like that... send the Lakers an expiring and a couple of young pieces.

nycericanguy
10-29-2014, 08:41 AM
As much as it makes sense from a future and basketball standpoint to trade kobe, financially it does not. Do you know how much Kobe brings to the laker franchise? He brings about 80-100 mil a year to them. No way in hell they trade him unless he retires

I don't know if that's the case, especially now that the Lakers have been bad and will continue to be bad.

Slug3
10-29-2014, 10:24 AM
Doesn't Kobe have a no trade clause anyway?

JasonJohnHorn
10-29-2014, 11:58 AM
They should ship him off to Phoenix for Bledoe and their draft picks.

Not going to happen though.

WaDe03
10-29-2014, 12:03 PM
Kobe will not be traded lol.

HeatFan
10-29-2014, 12:57 PM
Not getting trade. There is some level of loyalty in the NBA and I think Kobe has earned it with the Lakers. He also knows his limits and maybe he'll play another year or two, don't know, but he won't play in another jersey. If he plays one more season he'll be the longest tenured player with only one team. That has to be worth something.

bucketss
10-29-2014, 12:59 PM
no one would take on that contract.

HandsOnTheWheel
10-29-2014, 01:13 PM
Seems far-fetched considering that historically, he has spent more years with the Lakers than any other player playing for one particular team ever, add on all the championships and achievements he's won and accomplished in a Laker uniform. Not happening.

FOBolous
10-29-2014, 01:20 PM
even if the Lakers are willing to trade him, what team in the NBA would want to take on that contract?

kdspurman
10-29-2014, 01:37 PM
There's other Kobe threads where you can post this sort of speculative stuff. Don't think this is thread worthy without any credible source.