PDA

View Full Version : Julius Randle fractures tibia

chi-townlove1
10-29-2014, 01:47 AM
Wow. Tough break for him in career debut. Best of luck on recovery.

@Lakers: Byron announces that rookie Julius Randle suffered a broken tibia. He’s currently being transferred to the hospital.

@jadande: Bryon Scott confirms Julius Randle broke his tibia

goingfor28
10-29-2014, 01:51 AM
Didn't look too bad. He will be back this season

Matter.
10-29-2014, 01:54 AM
Apparently Laker players heard a pop when he went down

soundjunkies2
10-29-2014, 01:57 AM
Didn't look too bad. He will be back this season

It's usually a 4-6 month recovery time so it's not likely. On the bright side at least it wasn't an ACL or Achilles.

jerellh528
10-29-2014, 02:02 AM
This sucks bad. Luckily he's so young that his body shouldn't have much of a problem bouncing back from this.

Chrisclover
10-29-2014, 02:20 AM
The Lakers are cursed. Spates of injuries ruin our old soldiers and start to hit our prospects.

Cracka2HI!
10-29-2014, 03:00 AM
There is still a curse in Staples Center. This is weird. The Clippers and Lakers literally switched fortunes with CP3. I'm actually sick over what happened to Randle tonight. I don't care who you root for, that **** sucks.

PurpleJesus
10-29-2014, 03:07 AM
The Lakers are cursed. Spates of injuries ruin our old soldiers and start to hit our prospects.

this a joke? Lakers are the furthest thing from a cursed franchise.

Chrisclover
10-29-2014, 03:17 AM
this a joke? Lakers are the furthest thing from a cursed franchise.
Got humiliated by the Mavs in 2011 playoffs and Phil retired.
Got Nash but Grandpa barely contributed.
Got Howard but couldn't keep him(first ever star in Lakers history to leave via FA).
Worst team record since 1960s.
Kobe, the previous invincible ironman, got devastated by injuries, alongside with his “D-league teammates”--Wesley Johnson, Jordan Farmar, etc. Now, our top pick ,Randle, got hurt too.
Based on what we have endured over the past few years, we are basically cursed.

Jenceman
10-29-2014, 04:13 AM
Jesus ****ing Christ **** everything

SF8
10-29-2014, 04:19 AM
Got Howard but couldn't keep him(first ever star in Lakers history to leave via FA).
Kobe, the previous invincible ironman, got devastated by injuries, alongside with his “D-league teammates”--Wesley Johnson, Jordan Farmar, etc. Now, our top pick ,Randle, got hurt too.

Still doesn't make up for the amount of luck and success they had before.

Shaq signs with them, they turn a 13th overall pick into future HOFer and that leads to 3 peat. Then trades for Pau in a trade that was lopsided at the time and win another 2 titles.

Um, no the Lakers deserve some bad luck, its about time.

numba1CHANGsta
10-29-2014, 04:19 AM

Don't forget the CP3 veto trade by Stern which rarely ever happens. Also missing out on big FA's like Melo and the horrible coaches (D'Antoni and Brown)

Chrisclover
10-29-2014, 07:21 AM
Still doesn't make up for the amount of luck and success they had before.

Shaq signs with them, they turn a 13th overall pick into future HOFer and that leads to 3 peat. Then trades for Pau in a trade that was lopsided at the time and win another 2 titles.

Um, no the Lakers deserve some bad luck, its about time.
We didnt point a gun on the temples of other stars/GMs so the successful signings/trades were just displays of successful management, which had a lot to do with Dr Buss. Calling them results of luck is totally unfair. Running the Lakers is Buss family's only business so they have been putting tons of effort on it, which in turn generates victories, even championships.

ottograham14
10-29-2014, 07:35 AM
Lakers cursed..........hahahahaha.........Cleveland Fans laugh at you fools. 5 years isn't a curse. Go a couple decades and then talk to us. Getting James Worthy was a curse?

archdevil84
10-29-2014, 08:31 AM
Lakers cursed..........hahahahaha.........Cleveland Fans laugh at you fools. 5 years isn't a curse. Go a couple decades and then talk to us. Getting James Worthy was a curse?

Are you saying that cleveland was cursed the last 5 years? getting 3 out of the 4 first picks in the draft is cursed? and before that they had lebron? Cleveland probably has had the shortest rebuilding time ever and not only are they now back to the playoffs, they are actually competing big time for a championship. The last 5 years have been far from being cursed for the cavaliers if you ask me

before the lebron era you might be true because i didnt follow the NBA at that time so i dont know what kind of franchise it was back then

NYKnickFanatic
10-29-2014, 09:09 AM
Kobe to NY for Amare.

Hawkeye15
10-29-2014, 09:16 AM

are you ****ing serious?

Hawkeye15
10-29-2014, 09:17 AM

1949- win finals
1950- won finals
1952- won finals
1953- won finals
1954- won finals
1972- won finals
1980- won finals
1982- won finals
1987- won finals
1988- won finals
2000- won finals
2001- won finals
2002- won finals
2010- won finals
2011- won finals

Haven't missed the playoffs in consecutive seasons. Ever.

Get the **** out of here with your cursed talk. You wonder why people hate the Lakers? Well, your whiny post is a big reason why..

Arch Stanton
10-29-2014, 09:26 AM
Really liked Randle, it's too bad he's going to miss most of the season (I'm assuming). But the Lakers aren't doing anything this year so maybe they can tank for a top pick.

Chrisclover
10-29-2014, 09:56 AM
1949- win finals
1950- won finals
1952- won finals
1953- won finals
1954- won finals
1972- won finals
1980- won finals
1982- won finals
1987- won finals
1988- won finals
2000- won finals
2001- won finals
2002- won finals
2010- won finals
2011- won finals

Haven't missed the playoffs in consecutive seasons. Ever.

Get the **** out of here with your cursed talk. You wonder why people hate the Lakers? Well, your whiny post is a big reason why..
Plz read my last line “based on what we have been enduring over the PAST FEW years. ”
Dont rant and vent all your anger towards some Lakers fans on me.

For a perennial winner, just like what you described, it is a fiasco. Last season, the lakers couldn't even have 8 healthy players on court to continue the game. :facepalm:
Another great franchise, Celtics, doesnt fall as hard as the Lakers does. They traded away their aging cores and started rebuilding patiently.
Tell me if anyone had predicted the Lakers would be so horrible(BTW, when Howard arrived, Vagas predicted the Lakers to reach the finals). Then I would say it doesn't seem like a curse.

valade16
10-29-2014, 10:18 AM
We didnt point a gun on the temples of other stars/GMs so the successful signings/trades were just displays of successful management, which had a lot to do with Dr Buss. Calling them results of luck is totally unfair. Running the Lakers is Buss family's only business so they have been putting tons of effort on it, which in turn generates victories, even championships.

If the FAs going to LA were because of good management then the FAs leaving LA were because of bad management. Dwight leaving and Steve Nash could easily be blamed by bad FO decisions.

As a Blazer fan, it's pretty much an insult to say the Lakers are a cursed franchise. I would list out why the Blazers are a far more cursed franchise, but at this point nearly every franchise could list out their 'cursed' resume and it would far trump LAs…

Chrisclover
10-29-2014, 10:21 AM
If the FAs going to LA were because of good management then the FAs leaving LA were because of bad management. Dwight leaving and Steve Nash could easily be blamed by bad FO decisions.

As a Blazer fan, it's pretty much an insult to say the Lakers are a cursed franchise. I would list out why the Blazers are a far more cursed franchise, but at this point nearly every franchise could list out their 'cursed' resume and it would far trump LAs…
I would say the Blazers also seemed cursed. Being called Jail Blazers,losing Roy and Oden, etc. But you have Aldridge and Lillard now. Congrats.

Aust
10-29-2014, 11:55 AM
Hope he makes a full recovery. IIRC Blake Griffin missed most if not his entire rookie season too.

SF8
10-29-2014, 12:01 PM
I would say the Blazers also seemed cursed. Being called Jail Blazers,losing Roy and Oden, etc. But you have Aldridge and Lillard now. Congrats.

How do you forget to mention the biggest Blazers curse? MJ/KD...

Sadds The Gr8
10-29-2014, 12:08 PM
Lakers are cursed? LOL. Most spoiled fan base next to the Yankees.

Teeboy1487
10-29-2014, 12:10 PM
#tankHARD

arlubas
10-29-2014, 12:17 PM
Feel bad for the kid, I was eager to see him get some time on the court this season. This however could prove like a blessing in disguise for the Lakers cause now they can tank blatantly and not get blamed for it either.

cmellofan15
10-29-2014, 12:20 PM
it's Kobe's fault

InRoseWeTrust
10-29-2014, 12:23 PM
Sucks. I feel bad for Randle, the Lakers, and Laker fans.

Miltstar
10-29-2014, 12:26 PM

Try being a leafs fan!

Corey
10-29-2014, 01:00 PM
Hope he comes back with a better spot up jumper

koreancabbage
10-29-2014, 01:10 PM
did he break his own leg on that drive from the kick of his other foot?

PurpleJesus
10-29-2014, 01:46 PM

:eyebrow:

you can't be championship contenders every year, especially when you make moves like signing a 40 year old Nash and expecting him to be a major contributor, or you trade for Dwight Howard without him committing to the team long turn. Everything else, injuries are just a part of the game. Kobe made it to his 18th season before suffering a major injury, that is pretty lucky. And its not like losing Randle for the year ruins the season, or that its a career ending injury.
Calling the Lakers cursed is like calling the Yankees, the Patriots or the Red Wings. It just makes no sense.

WSU Tony
10-29-2014, 01:58 PM

I bet you're around 15 years old. I don't mean that as a jab in any way, shape, or form. I just think you're too young to remember the Kobe/Shaq days. (Or even the "just" Kobe days) Your franchise isn't cursed, it's just the only franchise you've followed in your young life.

D Blue987
10-29-2014, 02:38 PM

The Lakers are going to be bad for a long time. Nothing will improve until we get a front office overhaul much like the Dodgers got with Frank McCourt. We need someone who is good at risk management especially with this cba agreement in place. We can't approach free agency and trades like we did with Howard and Nash and especially this Kobe extension. Now we are paying the price for the next couple years. Jim and Mitch seriously need to go.

SeoulBeatz
10-29-2014, 02:51 PM
That's a damn shame. He was going to be an integral part of that Lakers bench because they really don't have much depth at the PF and C position.

Hope he can still come back this season, I thought he was one of the biggest steals of the draft.

PurpleLynch
10-29-2014, 03:12 PM
Ahhh ****! I liked him and he played well in the pre-season,he was surely an important piece for our bench...Well,just hope he'll come back next year with a better jumpshot! Good recovery Julius!

ManningToTyree
10-29-2014, 04:28 PM
The Lakers are cursed. Spates of injuries ruin our old soldiers and start to hit our prospects. THE LAKERS ARE CURSED?!

There is no way you are being serious right?

Because that may be the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on this site and that is saying something

jaydubb
10-29-2014, 04:34 PM
Just read a report that he's out for the season with a fractured tibia.. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/lakers-rookie-julius-randle-suffers-fractured-right-tibia--carried-off-court-during-nba-debut--video-061711723.html

MrfadeawayJB
10-29-2014, 04:57 PM
Sad to see. Only played 1 game too smh

PurpleJesus
10-29-2014, 05:13 PM
Don't forget the CP3 veto trade by Stern which rarely ever happens. Also missing out on big FA's like Melo and the horrible coaches (D'Antoni and Brown)

Lakers are cursed because Melo didnt sign with them? er-mer-ger

WSU Tony
10-29-2014, 05:16 PM
ermerger - lol.

LakersA's49ers
10-29-2014, 05:27 PM
What a bunch of crap. I'm not even that big of a fan of the kids game, but his development was the key to the season. Well **** me silly and call me Lily

numba1CHANGsta
10-29-2014, 05:31 PM
Lakers are cursed because Melo didnt sign with them? er-mer-ger

"English mutha ****er, do you speak it"

Jenceman
10-29-2014, 05:33 PM
Fucckkkkkk this season. My rams suck, dodgers got ousted in the wild card round and the Lakers suck. **** sports. I need to watch more hockey. Go Kings!

numba1CHANGsta
10-29-2014, 05:43 PM
Julius Randle was told to break own leg so the Lakers can get the number 1 pick for next year's draft

PurpleJesus
10-29-2014, 05:43 PM
"English mutha ****er, do you speak it"

sorry, er-mer-ger translates to "oh my god."

P&GRealist
10-29-2014, 06:32 PM
Kobe's fault

Bruno
10-29-2014, 06:41 PM

you forgot the Chris Paul veto. that screwed the Lakers more than anything. Stern letting that go public before shutting it down is one of his failures as commissioner, imo.

if you're going to block the trade- fine. i get it. but when you let it go public, you ruin the Lakers chances of keeping control of the situation, and maintaining good relationships with Odom and Pau. neither was ever the same again. that situation played a big part in Pau leaving. he lost his trust in the managements faith in him as a player.

Bynum/Howard, lost for nothing.
Pau, lost for nothing.
Nash, lost for nothing.
Odom, lost for nothing.

you can't have that much high end talent leave without getting value back. the Lakers got nothing for Pau and Odom. thats on stern.

koreancabbage
10-29-2014, 06:42 PM
Julius Randle was told to break own leg so the Lakers can get the number 1 pick for next year's draft

ROFL. and wait for Kobe's montrous contract to expire? and then try to explain to Kobe if he wants a championship, gotta take 1/3 of what you're getting paid to get talent in the lineup (and we'll pay you some other way) ala Dirk Nowitzki

showtym24
10-29-2014, 06:46 PM
Sucks being a laker fan right now. He'll be back stronger next year hopefully with a improved roster.

Bruno
10-29-2014, 06:49 PM
Sucks being a laker fan right now. He'll be back stronger next year hopefully with a improved roster.

it's our turn. no one is above having years like this. it's just a shame that it's happening at the end of Kobes tenure. meanwhile Duncan looks like a hero. I'm happy for Duncan, I just wish Kobe had a Kwiah too.

P&GRealist
10-29-2014, 07:09 PM
it's our turn. no one is above having years like this. it's just a shame that it's happening at the end of Kobes tenure. meanwhile Duncan looks like a hero. I'm happy for Duncan, I just wish Kobe had a Kwiah too.

And a Gregg Popovich this late in his career. And a Prime Tony Parker to pick up his slack since 2007 (ahem), and flashes of a GI-NO-BILI!!!! And a competent stable selfless front office and ownership.

Ty22Mitchell
10-29-2014, 07:21 PM

Agree that it's the Lakers turn. Is it too early to start calling for tanking? Ok-a-for....,Ok-a-for....Ok-a-for.....

JIBM
10-29-2014, 07:32 PM
Hope he makes a full recovery. IIRC Blake Griffin missed most if not his entire rookie season too.

Randle rookie of the year confirmed..

SportsFanatic10
10-29-2014, 07:50 PM
it was sad to see happen. i could tell on the replay when his leg buckled it looked like a break. there goes the one bright spot in the lakers season. but at least they have a better chance to keep their pick protected from the suns now.

RLundi
10-29-2014, 08:03 PM

Lakers don't need a Leonard necessarily; they need to not have such a **** front office that has been in turmoil for years and is running the team into the ground. The foreseeable future looks awful for the Lakers, while the Spurs still are running strong- that's a testament to the front office (and probably some luck) than it is to a player like Leonard. i don't think Kawhi would help the Lakers much as presently constructed.

Duncan = Donkey
10-29-2014, 08:07 PM

That makes no sense. If they want to tank, they should have him playing 30+ mins a game

P&GRealist
10-29-2014, 08:15 PM
Lakers don't need a Leonard necessarily; they need to not have such a **** front office that has been in turmoil for years and is running the team into the ground. The foreseeable future looks awful for the Lakers, while the Spurs still are running strong- that's a testament to the front office (and probably some luck) than it is to a player like Leonard. i don't think Kawhi would help the Lakers much as presently constructed.

Correctemundo

Vinny642
10-29-2014, 08:30 PM
Laker fans are acting like drama queens, WOW, this annoying "cursed" talk... it is very unneeded.

IDunknown
10-30-2014, 02:06 AM
Randle rookie of the year confirmed..

Randle will not qualify because he played in one game. Blake didn't play in any games. That was how he stayed listed as a rookie.

Howard_Zinn
10-30-2014, 02:11 AM
Tough break.. Sorry Laker fans.. Plus side is you may get to keep your pick though.

Chrisclover
10-30-2014, 06:54 AM
Tough break.. Sorry Laker fans.. Plus side is you may get to keep your pick though.
This makes sense that it may be a blessing in disguise, just like Spurs ' losing Robinson leading to getting Duncan. But i am really concerned that Kupchak and Kobe will sabotage it. Last season Kupchak had a golden chance to tank but he refused, which dropped the the pick to the 7th(could be top5 ).Even if he adopts the tanking strategy now, Kobe will stand in the way. Just like a lion which has just recovered from injuries, he will seize each and every opportunity to exact his revenge on anyone who doubts his excellence, especially the ESPN. He is just too proud to swallow any loss.
Therefore, IMO, the Lakers will not be worse than last year, which will give away our pick to the Suns.
Bye, our precious pick. Suns, enjoy yourselves.

Howard_Zinn
10-30-2014, 10:45 AM
This makes sense that it may be a blessing in disguise, just like Spurs ' losing Robinson leading to getting Duncan. But i am really concerned that Kupchak and Kobe will sabotage it. Last season Kupchak had a golden chance to tank but he refused, which dropped the the pick to the 7th(could be top5 ).Even if he adopts the tanking strategy now, Kobe will stand in the way. Just like a lion which has just recovered from injuries, he will seize each and every opportunity to exact his revenge on anyone who doubts his excellence, especially the ESPN. He is just too proud to swallow any loss.
Therefore, IMO, the Lakers will not be worse than last year, which will give away our pick to the Suns.
Bye, our precious pick. Suns, enjoy yourselves.

I hope that doesn't happen.. Been a long time since the Lakers had a top 5 pick. That was a dumb trade from the start and Steve Nash was never going to be worth that deal at his age. I truly believe Lakers FO wants that pick. Kobe is the only guy that can stop it from happening. As crazy as it sounds, especially at his age -- you guys may want to get used to the idea of Kobe playing elswhere.. Remember, Jordan played for the Wizards. It happens.

Chrisclover
10-30-2014, 11:05 AM
I hope that doesn't happen.. Been a long time since the Lakers had a top 5 pick. That was a dumb trade from the start and Steve Nash was never going to be worth that deal at his age. I truly believe Lakers FO wants that pick. Kobe is the only guy that can stop it from happening. As crazy as it sounds, especially at his age -- you guys may want to get used to the idea of Kobe playing elswhere.. Remember, Jordan played for the Wizards. It happens.
Jordan played elsewhere by his own choice. Kobe wouldn't agree to be traded. Guy is proud. Trading means dumping.