PDA

View Full Version : *** biggest story at the start of the season? ***

Sanjay
10-28-2014, 06:34 PM
There are many interesting storylines heading into the new season:
- LeBron going back home to Cleveland to a new 'big 3'
- Rose coming back again
- Kobe's final chapter
- The Spurs looking to win back-to-back championships for the first time in franchise history
- The Thunder's window closing (will Durant be in Washington soon?)
- The Pacer's situation (losing George and Stephenson from last year)
- Supposedly the best rookie class in a while entering the league
- Coaches/front office: Phil back at the Knicks where he won two rings as a player, Derek Fisher going from playing at Oklahoma City last season to coaching in New York this year and first-time NBA coach David Blatt in charge of the championship contender Cavs

What are your opinions on these and which do you think is the most significant one?

Seizabmc
10-28-2014, 06:39 PM
Phil Jackson joining the New York knicks to reunite with his home team where he started at!

goingfor28
10-28-2014, 06:44 PM
It will certainly be interesting to see if they struggle early on the way Miami did the first quarter of their first season together. I fully expect them to be extremely dominant though. Certainly a top 2 seed in the East.
- Rose coming back again
Hopefully he stays healthy. I think playing in the FIBA games was good for him. Getting Rose back, along with Pau should cement Chicago as a top 2 team in the East as well. I hope for Rose sake, and for NBA fans, that Rose comes back strong.
- Kobe's final chapter
Good for him and the NBA. I am by no means a Laker fan in any way, but the NBA is better with Kobe Bryant playing and playing at a high level. No doubt about that. Like Rose, I hope he comes back as the Kobe of old and can go out on his terms. He deserves it. Although I just read that Buss wants Kobe back after this contract, so we shal see.
- The Spurs looking to win back-to-back championships for the first time in franchise history
Won't be easy. The West is loaded. I personally don't think they will do it, but I've also thought the Spurs wouldn't be able to be as good as they have been for several years now because they were older. I was clearly wrong. The will certainly be a top 3 seed in the West (OKC and LAC the other 2)
I think they will be in trouble without KD. Will be a good opportunity for SA and LAC to try to get a firm lead on the 1 and 2 seeds. As far as going to Washington, I think he will absolutely be a Wizard in a couple years, and then I think Westbrook will leave for the Lakers (that is for another discussion at a later time though)
They will suck. George out, Stephenson gone, Hill now out for a while, Hibbert seems to be a shell of his former self (though I am sure he still has dominance in him, just has to re-find it). But they are going to be BAD.
Looking forward to watching Parker and Wiggins. Also from last years class, a healthy Noel along with Bennett seeming to have lost weight and was playing much better in the summer league. TWolves are going to struggle to get W's, but they have a really nice young core and a bright future imo. And they're going to be a lot of fun to watch with Wiggins, LaVine, Rubio and Bennett.

Overall looking forward to another fun NBA season, and it starts in about 75 minutes :dance:

Sandman
10-28-2014, 06:46 PM
Interested to see how Love will take his new role. Will he be able to focus on D, similar to how we saw different parts of Bosh's game improve? We already know he can set picks and drill threes.

- Rose coming back again
He wasn't DRose in limited time last year, interested to see how good he is after the injuries.

- Kobe's final chapter
A lot of nothing going on in LA. Watch Kobe take home a scoring title.

Can TP and Duncan go on another run?

They need to do something creative, and soon. The Harden trade is looking like a massive miss.

They're probably done but the east suck

Interested to see what surprises there will be from the end of the draft and second round. There could be big boosts to contending teams.

I'll add one more..

Where does Miami go without LeBron?
They still have a lot of talent, adding Deng and Granger. Can Wade stay healthy enough to make a legitimate run?

Sanjay
10-28-2014, 06:49 PM
Phil Jackson joining the New York knicks to reunite with his home team where he started at!

Forgot about the coaches! Will add them to my question.

Sanjay
10-28-2014, 07:02 PM
It will certainly be interesting to see if they struggle early on the way Miami did the first quarter of their first season together. I fully expect them to be extremely dominant though. Certainly a top 2 seed in the East.
- Rose coming back again
Hopefully he stays healthy. I think playing in the FIBA games was good for him. Getting Rose back, along with Pau should cement Chicago as a top 2 team in the East as well. I hope for Rose sake, and for NBA fans, that Rose comes back strong.
- Kobe's final chapter
Good for him and the NBA. I am by no means a Laker fan in any way, but the NBA is better with Kobe Bryant playing and playing at a high level. No doubt about that. Like Rose, I hope he comes back as the Kobe of old and can go out on his terms. He deserves it. Although I just read that Buss wants Kobe back after this contract, so we shal see.
Won't be easy. The West is loaded. I personally don't think they will do it, but I've also thought the Spurs wouldn't be able to be as good as they have been for several years now because they were older. I was clearly wrong. The will certainly be a top 3 seed in the West (OKC and LAC the other 2)
I think they will be in trouble without KD. Will be a good opportunity for SA and LAC to try to get a firm lead on the 1 and 2 seeds. As far as going to Washington, I think he will absolutely be a Wizard in a couple years, and then I think Westbrook will leave for the Lakers (that is for another discussion at a later time though)
They will suck. George out, Stephenson gone, Hill now out for a while, Hibbert seems to be a shell of his former self (though I am sure he still has dominance in him, just has to re-find it). But they are going to be BAD.
Looking forward to watching Parker and Wiggins. Also from last years class, a healthy Noel along with Bennett seeming to have lost weight and was playing much better in the summer league. TWolves are going to struggle to get W's, but they have a really nice young core and a bright future imo. And they're going to be a lot of fun to watch with Wiggins, LaVine, Rubio and Bennett.

Overall looking forward to another fun NBA season, and it starts in about 75 minutes :dance:

Thanks for your detailed opinions! I think the Cavaliers will take some time to get into rhythm as with any new-look team. Westbrook and Randle would be great for the Lakers in a few years! Seizabmc reminded me about the new coaching/front office changes aswell, what do you think about those?

goingfor28
10-28-2014, 07:16 PM
Thanks for your detailed opinions! I think the Cavaliers will take some time to get into rhythm as with any new-look team. Westbrook and Randle would be great for the Lakers in a few years! Seizabmc reminded me about the new coaching/front office changes aswell, what do you think about those?

Off the top of my head

Blatt will be just fine in Cleveland. Talk about an excellent opportunity as a rookie head coach getting LeBron, Love and Kyrie and some serious bench depth as well.

Scott imo is a good coach, but the Lakers are going to have a lot of struggles this season, it will be a process.

Zen Master also has his work cut out for him in NY, but they are going in the right direction.

Ballmer is a savior in Clipperland. Donald Sterling was a major sore spot forever. I think getting rid of him will be huge.

Kidd will struggle in Mil. They are a young team and I really don't think he is that great of a coach.

Kerr will be solid in GS. I expect them to be a 4/5 seed again.

I am interested to see how Miami does without LeBron, if Wade can stay healthy, what Spo has up his sleeve (I'm still not sold on him as being a good coach) but they are certainly still a playoff team

Thats all Ive got for now. I know I'm missing some. Off to play a game of 2K before a fun night of NBA and World Series