PDA

View Full Version : If the Spurs repeat as champions ...

Vampirate
10-28-2014, 10:18 AM
Do you see TD and Manu resigning for the short term to try and get a 3 peat?

ManningToTyree
10-28-2014, 11:30 AM
I could definitely see it. I'm not sure Tim is the type to "ride off into the sunset". If he feels he can still be a major factor on a championship contender he will try for the three peat. I don't think manu and Duncan's retirement are necessarily tied together. They could go at separate times

torocan
10-28-2014, 01:25 PM
If they win another championship I see them both going for another season as long as they're healthy.

If one of them retires it will probably be Manu. He's had health issues on and off for several years now, though he may last longer if he keeps skipping the Argentinian national team.

I just don't see Tim Duncan retiring as long as he's healthy and feels that he's contributing. He's pretty much said that he'll play as long as he feels like he's a contributing member of the team and given his play style I wouldn't be shocked if he lasts another 2 or 3 years.

JasonJohnHorn
10-28-2014, 01:39 PM
I think Manu is done regardless. I would be very surprised to see him play again.

As for Duncan, I can see him playing until he's 40 easily if he is interested in playing. I think if he wins it all this year, there will be a temptation to retire as a champion, like Robinson did, but at the same time, he could have done that this year. He's still got game, his per36 stats were great last year, and as long as these young guys stick around (Leonard, Mills, Green), they will have a good enough roster to compete. I'm excited about the addition of Kyle Anderson. I think he will be the biggest steal of the draft. If he is... that team is going to have some great pieces moving forward. No reason not to stay and push that ring count up to 6, 7 or 8!

But it's going to be very hard to repeat this year.