PDA

View Full Version : Which team will take the longest to win a championship?

Vampirate
10-28-2014, 09:59 AM
I'll post a poll and explain your reasoning.

dhopisthename
10-28-2014, 10:20 AM
there are 17 teams on that list. there is a very good chance that at least 2 of those teams never win a championship.

Vinylman
10-28-2014, 10:39 AM
The teams that will probably never win based on ownership and locale

Sacramento
Minnesota
Charlotte
Atlanta

Kaner
10-28-2014, 01:44 PM
Agree with the poster above on theirs a good chance at least 4 or 5 of these teams don't win a championship in the next 30 years if ever though I don't agree on Vinylman's teams. However I think the team farthest from being a legitimate contender is Utah.

JasonJohnHorn
10-28-2014, 02:45 PM
There are many teams in this league who have yet to win a championship, and some might conceivably never win a championship in the city where they currently play. I mean, look at how long the Hawks have been in the league. And the Pacers and the Cavs. And they've had some great teams. The Hawks has Doc Rivers, Sindey Moncrief, Dominique Wilkens, Kevin Willis and Moses Malone and they didn't even get out of the first round with that team.

The easier question to answer would be who would win first, or, which teams won't win in the next 10 years.

I went with the Nets because they have several untradable contracts that are going to fill up their capspace and have already given away a bunch of draft picks, so they won't be able to rebuild through either free agency or the draft, which means they will be waiting 3 or 4 years before they can even start to rebuild.

Every other team is either in a position to rebuild, or are contenders, so they all have three years on the Nets. That said, though the Jazz might be in a better position moving forward, they don't have the kind of money needed to build, buy and keep a team together. The Nets do. Once the Nets start re-building, they will have access to things the Jazz don't have access to.

It is impossible to tell when the next franchise player like KD or LBJ will come along. The Jazz may be decent in two years, but miss the playoff, land a top three pick and then suddenly add a KD level player to their roster. Now way to predict that, which makes this a guessing game. But on paper, the Nets are in the worst position in the league in terms of ability to get better and will remain so for three years.

Hawkeye15
10-28-2014, 04:37 PM
my Timberwolves. We will finally win one in 2057, when I am 82, and in a retirement home. They better send me a little sliver of that Larry O'Brien trophy for my commitment over the years.