PDA

View Full Version : George Hill out 3 weeks; Watson out; West out 1 week; Rodney Stuckey doubtful.

NoahH
10-27-2014, 04:03 PM
Pacers starting 5 looks like:

PG Donald Sloan
SG Chris Copeland
SF CJ Miles
PF Luis Scola
C Roy Hibbert

Donald Sloan is the only healthy guard on the Pacers' roster. Discuss.

goingfor28
10-27-2014, 04:08 PM
Wow

beasted86
10-27-2014, 04:13 PM
Switch Copeland and Miles. Miles is a SG, Copeland a combo forward.

jimm120
10-27-2014, 04:43 PM
Cope gonna put up some shots...

HeatFan
10-27-2014, 06:13 PM
it's gonna be quite ugly. Specially when Indiana has been a very good team for quite a while now.

dtmagnet
10-27-2014, 06:35 PM
They will miss the playoffs.

mrblisterdundee
10-27-2014, 07:04 PM
PG: C.J. Watson
SG: Donald Sloan

It's time for the Pacers to trade the front court, tank and get Paul George a new running mate.

PacersForLife
10-27-2014, 08:08 PM
PG: C.J. Watson
SG: Donald Sloan

It's time for the Pacers to trade the front court, tank and get Paul George a new running mate.

Watson is out too lol.

At this point I'm down for the tank this year. I could maybe see West getting traded if he asks for it and I only see Hibbert getting traded if we get a deal we can't pass up.

SportsFanatic10
10-27-2014, 10:10 PM
wow some real crap luck injury wise. im still amazed how this team went from a young contender to looking at a season like this so suddenly.

beasted86
10-27-2014, 10:20 PM
wow some real crap luck injury wise. im still amazed how this team went from a young contender to looking at a season like this so suddenly.

To be honest, Indiana can't afford a contender even under the new CBA rules. Their owner would have to commit to "losing money" every year. (We all know the definition of losing money is different for billionaires).

The NBA shouldn't, and won't move from there however. But some of the cities in that state are as segregated as they come in America, it plays a factor in attendance and marketability. Not sure if the same in Indianapolis where the Pacers are, but definitely other cities I visited there.

HoopsDrive
10-27-2014, 10:44 PM

Same thing here. I just can't believe what happened, from contenders to this.

PacersForLife
10-28-2014, 02:52 AM
But some of the cities in that state are as segregated as they come in America, it plays a factor in attendance and marketability. Not sure if the same in Indianapolis where the Pacers are, but definitely other cities I visited there.

Not exactly sure what you are talking about here, but I don't think the state has much of a problem supporting the team when they are as good as they have been recently. I also think there will still be a pretty good amount of support despite the fact that this year isn't looking so good. The attendance was a little bit of a problem for awhile due to the brawl, but I think we just needed a good team to win some of the fans back over.

kingsdelez24
10-28-2014, 03:46 AM
General Bird is deploying the tanks

kingsdelez24
10-28-2014, 03:57 AM
I'm (technically Jalen rose did) calling it, they're gonna trade Hill, West, and Hibbert for pieces and picks (West for Cody Zeller so the Indiana fans have someone to cheer for), tank to get their (metaphorical) Tim Duncan in Jahlil Okafor.

They rebuild around George, Okafor, and whoever else they trade for

The one year rebuild

2-ONE-5
10-28-2014, 01:26 PM
cant for the Sixers to beat them tomorrow.....seriously

prodigy
10-28-2014, 08:40 PM
Its funny, people were saying hill was better then Irving and a reason for that was Irving is injury prone. Well who's starting game one? Lol

Avenged
10-28-2014, 08:43 PM
They're lucky they're in the east. They still make the playoffs.

SportsFanatic10
10-28-2014, 11:22 PM

what makes you so sure of that? imo don't see them having a better season then any of the cavs/bulls/raps/wiz/heat/hornets/hawks/nets unless hibbert plays like an allstar then they have a chance. if not i'd probably put the pistons ahead of them too.

2-ONE-5
10-29-2014, 08:57 AM

they werent making the playoffs before these guys hurt (minus PG)

sixer04fan
10-29-2014, 09:01 AM
Its funny, people were saying hill was better then Irving and a reason for that was Irving is injury prone. Well who's starting game one? Lol

George Hill? Anyone who said that is a moron

cmellofan15
10-29-2014, 10:06 AM
George Hill? Anyone who said that is a moron

There was a whole thread where SPURSFAN1 tried to argue Hill is better :laugh2:

gbrl
10-29-2014, 12:56 PM

He also thinks Leonard is the best player in the nba anyone who takes him seriously is a moron

TheNumber37
10-29-2014, 03:50 PM
Copeland 50 points

P&GRealist
10-29-2014, 04:05 PM
Hibbert going to start carrying the team on his back averaging 20 & 12 a game with 3 blocks

beasted86
10-29-2014, 06:54 PM
Not exactly sure what you are talking about here, but I don't think the state has much of a problem supporting the team when they are as good as they have been recently. I also think there will still be a pretty good amount of support despite the fact that this year isn't looking so good. The attendance was a little bit of a problem for awhile due to the brawl, but I think we just needed a good team to win some of the fans back over.
It's a national trend that segregated cities struggle with attendance at times. Mostly black team purportedly attracts more black fans, and vice versa. You'd think that sports in general would have a uniting factor that overcomes this bias, but it doesn't seem to as far as I see it. A couple media sources alluded to this being a factor with Pacers attendance already.

I've never been to Indianapolis, but I've been to Jeffersonville, right across from Louisville, and there's literally a street that separates the white neighborhoods from the black neighborhoods and both mostly stay to their side. Disgusting.

SportsFanatic10
10-29-2014, 07:36 PM

i've seen some pretty bad posts by him in the past, but i missed all that. that's too much hahaha.

Vee-Rex
10-29-2014, 08:19 PM
i've seen some pretty bad posts by him in the past, but i missed all that. that's too much hahaha.

Yuuup, it was a sad thread. George Hill has some fanatics. They're in my sig lol.

Pacers still have a winning atmosphere/coach. I can see them making the playoffs because of how weak the east is.

PacersForLife
10-30-2014, 01:58 AM
It's a national trend that segregated cities struggle with attendance at times. Mostly black team purportedly attracts more black fans, and vice versa. You'd think that sports in general would have a uniting factor that overcomes this bias, but it doesn't seem to as far as I see it. A couple media sources alluded to this being a factor with Pacers attendance already. I haven't heard any such thing about the last part of this and don't think it's really a problem here at all.

I've never been to Indianapolis, but I've been to Jeffersonville, right across from Louisville, and there's literally a street that separates the white neighborhoods from the black neighborhoods and both mostly stay to their side. Disgusting.
The only time I've been to Jeffersonville is while driving through it if I'm traveling down south. I would say it's more like Kentucky than anything, it's not going to give you a good sense of what the state is like imo. I don't know anything about the neighborhoods there though.

For what it's worth, I actually just watched a video from a local news station and they say that ticket sales are actually up 15% from this time last year.

2-ONE-5
10-30-2014, 10:28 AM
considering both teams rosters last ngiht the Pacers had a big crowd