PDA

View Full Version : Bulls. Spurs. NBA Finals. Who ya got?

kobe4thewinbang
10-27-2014, 01:10 AM
It's been awesome watching D-Rose play well. Hopefully he stays healthy this season. If so, I see Chicago defeating Cleveland in the ECF and reaching the Finals. If the Spurs somehow defy father time once again and try for a repeat* (*=threepeat, essentially), which team do you think obtains the Larry O'Brien trophy? Both teams play good defense. Spurfection, D-Rose, new shooters (Doug McD, Mirotic), Danny Green dropping bombs, Joakim bringing the energy, Gasol going at Duncan, Parker and Rose, Ginobili nailing stepback 3's...

I think Spurs would win in 7 games.

P&GRealist
10-27-2014, 01:13 AM
Celtics

koreancabbage
10-27-2014, 01:13 AM
I think Cleveland & Spurs, this time Lebron's team beating them and bring his record versus Spurs big 3 to a record of 2-2. TD and Manu retire after this year.

jaydubb
10-27-2014, 03:51 AM
Bucks

FraziersKnicks
10-27-2014, 06:24 AM
I think people are really underestimating how dominant LeBron/Love/Irving has the potential to be…

ManningToTyree
10-27-2014, 08:37 AM
Spurs/Cavs spurs repeat

lamzoka
10-27-2014, 09:21 AM
Bulls in the finals is not gonna happen. They're a second round exit. Maybe conference finals at best.

cssdmark
10-27-2014, 09:26 AM
Knicks

meloman1592
10-27-2014, 09:35 AM
Do people really think lebron is gonna lose with kyrie and love? Bulls aren't gonna beat them

Arch Stanton
10-27-2014, 09:50 AM
Cavs!!!

Sly Guy
10-27-2014, 10:52 AM
cavs/spurs final with the spurs winning once again. It'll take a year for the cavs to gel the same way miami did.

SanAntonioSpurs23
10-27-2014, 11:18 AM
cavs/spurs final with the spurs winning once again. It'll take a year for the cavs to gel the same way miami did.

This, I'm not sold that this Cavs squad can play legit defense.

FlashBolt
10-27-2014, 11:35 AM
Why it would not take a year for Cleveland to gel like Miami did:

-This roster is 10x better than Miami's 1st season with the Big Three.
-Kevin Love is a better player than Chris Bosh. He can play the pick and roll, he can shoot threes, and he can rebound. Two things Bosh didn't do well. Bosh is a better defender but c'mon, stop acting like he's Anthony Davis. The dude was getting destroyed in the paint consistently. Bosh is an above average help defender and that doesn't make him the better player. What does Bosh do better than Love?
-Kyrie is a better fit for LeBron than Wade was. Wade isn't a three point shooter and James loves playing with three point shooters. Often, with Wade/LeBron on the court, LeBron had to look for Wade near the paint because that is where Wade excels. With Kyrie, LeBron can look for him anywhere on the court because Kyrie can score on the paint, midrange, and three. He's also a great free throw shooter and has the ball handling Wade never had. Let's not forget that this team knows who's team it is; LeBron's. In Miami's 1st year, they were still shifting the role of Wade>LeBron<Wade.
-Let's be honest.. Spo can't coach. He's too busy riding on his star players and not offending them that he forgets that he needs to dictate and motivate his team. He's analytical but he comes off as someone who doesn't inspire his players. David Blatt does that. He will bench you if you lack the willingness to win. He's also the greatest coach in Euro basketball.. something I don't think Spo would be able to achieve.
-Back to the bench, this is much better than what Miami had. You have Mike Miller, Shawn Marion, Tristan Thompson, James Jones.. Those guys are better than what Miami had their first season together. They are veterans (outside of Thompson), who knows what it takes to win games.
-The difference is LeBron. It wasn't that Miami didn't "gel". Yes, that was one reason but the biggest reason was LeBron's growth and understanding of his placement in NBA. He's the undisputed top dog and he learned from his mistakes. I think we can all agree that he underachieved against Dallas. I won't say he had a horrible performance because he did average 17/7/7 on 47% but that was just not enough when your name is LeBron. He elevated his game and that was why they won.

All in all, this all comes down to how healthy they are. There is no doubt that with LeBron's improved leadership/mental state of the game, this team will only gel quickly. But, if Irving/Love are constantly injured, this will be a huge blow to them. LeBron said it himself that he's only worried about whether or not guys are healthy.

InRoseWeTrust
10-27-2014, 12:21 PM
It's been awesome watching D-Rose play well. Hopefully he stays healthy this season. If so, I see Chicago defeating Cleveland in the ECF and reaching the Finals. If the Spurs somehow defy father time once again and try for a repeat* (*=threepeat, essentially), which team do you think obtains the Larry O'Brien trophy? Both teams play good defense. Spurfection, D-Rose, new shooters (Doug McD, Mirotic), Danny Green dropping bombs, Joakim bringing the energy, Gasol going at Duncan, Parker and Rose, Ginobili nailing stepback 3's...

I think Spurs would win in 7 games.

Keep in mind he looked awesome last preseason, too, and we saw how that translated when the games actually became competitive. While I do think he'll start this season off better than he did last year (and hopefully stay healthy), I still think there will be some adjustment periods for him early on.

alexander_37
10-27-2014, 04:37 PM
Cavs Clippers/Thunder

goingfor28
10-27-2014, 05:17 PM
Clippers vs Cavs

thejordanrules
10-27-2014, 08:10 PM
cavs over the spurs in a sweep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mightybosstone
10-27-2014, 08:34 PM
Neither team, because it's incredibly presumptuous. If Chicago and San Antonio are still sitting atop or near the top of both conferences near the All-Star break, this would be a legitimate thread worth discussing. But Chicago has way too many question marks at this point and the season hasn't even started yet. How about we just let the players play for a while before we start asking who would win in finals between Team A and Team B?

thejordanrules
10-27-2014, 08:48 PM
the bulls wil lose to the cavs in six
the spurs will in the second to warriors
neither!:clap:

torocan
10-27-2014, 09:38 PM
If the Spurs make it to the finals relatively injury free, I'm not going to bet against Pops and Co.

I figure the Spurs have at least one more championship run in them.

bucketss
10-27-2014, 09:49 PM
if its the same spurs from last year they will sweep.

ChicagoFan4Eva
10-27-2014, 10:08 PM
the bulls wil lose to the cavs in six
the spurs will in the second to warriors
neither!:clap:

I admire that you think the Warriors would make it to the Finals out of the west without playing defense.

Offense wins games, Defense wins CHAMPIONSHIPS.

amos1er
10-27-2014, 10:43 PM
If both teams healthy, I still got The Spurs.

amos1er
10-27-2014, 10:45 PM
Neither team, because it's incredibly presumptuous. If Chicago and San Antonio are still sitting atop or near the top of both conferences near the All-Star break, this would be a legitimate thread worth discussing. But Chicago has way too many question marks at this point and the season hasn't even started yet. How about we just let the players play for a while before we start asking who would win in finals between Team A and Team B?

Why not... Vegas calculates their odds even earlier than this. Why can't we do the same just for ***** and giggles.

amos1er
10-27-2014, 10:49 PM
if its the same spurs from last year they will sweep.

Ya, because they were one of the greatest teams of all-time and all. :rolleyes:

ajharry
10-27-2014, 11:14 PM
Cavs-Pelicans

Captain Moroni
10-28-2014, 10:09 AM
Bulls will once again win a lot of games in the regular season and once again crash in the playoffs. A gimpy PG is your best player, and and old PF is being counted on to be 25 again. Oh, and their all star center is slowed by an injury that will not go away all season along according to reports.
East is weak, but the Bulls are pretenders. if chicago played in the western conference they might be a 5 seed.

detzfish
10-28-2014, 02:06 PM
Pistons thunder finals

Tony_Starks
10-28-2014, 02:25 PM
Bulls will be there, I'm not sure about the Spurs. Toss up between them and Clippers to me. Perhaps OKC depending on how KD comes back.

But Thibbs is one of the best coaches in the game, I give his team a chance against anybody. Him against Pop or Doc in the Finals would be like a chess match.

SanAntonioSpurs23
10-29-2014, 10:53 AM
Spurs over Bulls in 6
Spurs over Cavs in 5

Allphakenny1
10-29-2014, 11:15 AM
I admire that you think the Warriors would make it to the Finals out of the west without playing defense.

Offense wins games, Defense wins CHAMPIONSHIPS.

You do know the Warriors are one of the better defensive teams in the league, right? It was their offense that struggles and cost them some games. Bogut, Iggy, Thompson, Green and the additions of Ezeli and Livingston should have them as a top 10 if not top 5 defense.

cmellofan15
10-29-2014, 12:11 PM
Bulls & Spurs Finals already? let Derrick Rose play an entire season before we start making ridiculous assumptions.

Crackadalic
10-29-2014, 12:13 PM
Neither. I have Cavs vs Clippers

2-ONE-5
10-29-2014, 12:24 PM
Bulls/Warriors

cmellofan15
10-29-2014, 01:02 PM
but with that being said I'm going Pacers - Nuggets finals.

Muttman73
10-29-2014, 10:52 PM
DNA of a champion 2-3* so far LBJ

LeBron will get back to the finals, but not this year

Jeffy25
10-30-2014, 12:03 AM
Love is better than Bosh
Waiters is better than Chalmers
Varejo is better than Big Z was at this point in his career
and Kyrie is only a little worse than Wade

This is a much more complete team that Lebron is joining, than what he had in Miami.

I don't see this team taking awhile to gel, and I don't see them having a hard time running away it this year. They could lose, sure, but it won't be before the Finals.

Cool007
10-30-2014, 01:04 AM
As a Bulls fan, I don't understand this thread at all.

The season is just started and even the start of the playoffs is LONG WAY to go.

Although, Spurs are not even locked, they are the favorites. As for Bulls, way too many question marks. Let the games be played out. Why make this kind of thread? Cavs should be the favs to come out of the East.

DaBear
10-30-2014, 01:09 AM
Bulls will once again win a lot of games in the regular season and once again crash in the playoffs. A gimpy PG is your best player, and and old PF is being counted on to be 25 again. Oh, and their all star center is slowed by an injury that will not go away all season along according to reports.
East is weak, but the Bulls are pretenders. if chicago played in the western conference they might be a 5 seed.

Mad about that beatdown? The Knicks sure like they'll compete in the East this year :laugh2: