PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Anthony: "I would Love to Play With Kobe"

Tony_Starks
10-27-2014, 12:18 AM
However, Anthony told reporters on Sunday that his decision not to sign with the Lakers had nothing to do with Kobe.

“Hell no. Of course not,” Anthony said. “If I thought that [playing for the Lakers] was the right situation for me from an overall perspective as far as having a team there, then I would have looked at that situation more in-depth. I just felt more comfortable staying here in New York. But as far as playing with him … I’m here now but I would always love to play with Kobe.”

Something that most objective fans already knew but just for the record: Melo himself said he would love to play with Kobe. The team was just weak. If you read the article he also talked about how him and Kobe are cool and he talked to him during and after free agency but didn't pressure him.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=11768984&city=newyork&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22https%3A%2F%2Fwww.googl e.com%2F%22%7D

kobe4thewinbang
10-27-2014, 12:32 AM
The current LAKERS team is weak, but Melo would've helped A LOT. But I see why he picked New York. Hopefully the triangle (w/Derek Fisher and Zen Master) works out and Melo wins MVP.

FriedTofuz
10-27-2014, 12:48 AM
that's why you re-sign in New york, right Melo? For the Money. You had a chance at playing with Kobe and you passed it up. :laugh2:

koreancabbage
10-27-2014, 01:06 AM
right..... WTF is this.

Now who is lying through his teeth lol.

If he wanted to win NOW, have a signature franchise back him, have a supporting cast, etc - he would have went to LA.

Kobe and Melo tandem, playoffs most likely. They got the role players to fill out the other needs like hustle players, a hard working rookie in Randle with upside.

Tony_Starks
10-27-2014, 01:58 AM
The current LAKERS team is weak, but Melo would've helped A LOT. But I see why he picked New York. Hopefully the triangle (w/Derek Fisher and Zen Master) works out and Melo wins MVP.

Melo helps Lakers get to at least the first round easily. But the east coast is terrible and he got his payday so it is what it is.

I would've liked to see them play together though, they fit well on team USA.....

jaydubb
10-27-2014, 03:57 AM
He's really talking about Love... As in Kevin Love.. He's talking about his fantasy team here guys.. He obviously drafted Kevin Love in the first round and kobe in one of the later rounds..

Reporter musta twisted his words..

basketfan4life
10-27-2014, 04:05 AM
George, Sessions, Melo all said that that Kobe was never the reason why they don't play in LA.
This sums it up, Abbott is freaking liar.

IBleedPurple
10-27-2014, 07:59 AM
Melo and Kobe would require a rule change to allow 3 basketballs on the court at the same time. Melo missed his chance, and cares more about money and his succubus wife.

jericho
10-27-2014, 08:18 AM
George, Sessions, Melo all said that that Kobe was never the reason why they don't play in LA.
This sums it up, Abbott is freaking liar.

C'mon man use your mind on this. You know all the bad rep they would get if they admitted that they didn't want to play with Kobe? Anyways i really don't buy the Abbott article, its just that no one would come out and straight up say "I didn't go to the Lakers because of Kobe".

Now we all know Melo stayed with the Knicks for the money. He had plenty of other options that would have allowed him to compete for a title.

runbch
10-27-2014, 10:04 AM
Lakers are not going to win much with or without Carmelo. If Carmelo wanted to win, he would have gone to Chicago.

NYKnickFanatic
10-27-2014, 10:06 AM
No surprise here. Melo and Kobe have always been really good friends. Melo has stated numerous times in the past, that he would want to play with Kobe. I think when a reporter asked Kobe, who is one player he would like to play with, he said Melo. Don't hold me to that, though.

mrblisterdundee
10-27-2014, 10:15 AM
Kobe and Carmelo could work, if Carmelo's the primary scorer and Kobe's a secondary scorer and ball-handler. It would also take a defensive anchor at center like Joakim Noah or Marc Gasol as part of the big three.

FlashBolt
10-27-2014, 11:23 AM
This is clearly a lie. Melo and Kobe are great friends and for Melo to say anything else would jeopardize their relationship. Melo made the right decision to sign with NYK. They have the cap space and he got his money. Stop hating on his decision.. When they get Amare off the books, this team will make noise in the free agency.

xxplayerxx23
10-27-2014, 11:37 AM
Dont think its its a lie tbh with you. If the lakers had better pieces I think he would of went. He stayed in ny for 25 extra million and it's his home. They also have more cap flexibility. Melo and Kobe would take up a great majority of the cap even if you keep Pau melo-Kobe-pau isn't enough to win the west. He went with the weaker conference more cap flexibility and of course more money

5ass
10-27-2014, 12:18 PM
What do you expect him to say when asked if he didn't want to play with Kobe?

5ass
10-27-2014, 12:20 PM
And you're far from an objective fan.

Tony_Starks
10-27-2014, 01:33 PM
Dont think its its a lie tbh with you. If the lakers had better pieces I think he would of went. He stayed in ny for 25 extra million and it's his home. They also have more cap flexibility. Melo and Kobe would take up a great majority of the cap even if you keep Pau melo-Kobe-pau isn't enough to win the west. He went with the weaker conference more cap flexibility and of course more money

The Lakers blew it by not recruiting complementary players at the same time. There were reasonably priced free agents that couldve been had, Isaiah Thomas for example. They basically went all in for Melo.

To convince him to come with just him Kobe a rookie and who knows else is a very hard sell.....

Chrisclover
10-27-2014, 07:25 PM
He can say anything he wants now that he is not a FA anymore. Next time he pursue a contract, the guy he REALLY wants to play with, whose name is Kobe, will be long gone. What a hypocrite.

lvlheaded
10-27-2014, 07:50 PM
1, this isn't shocking, Kobe and Melo are friends.
2, I can't believe people still wanna make a big deal about Melo taking the money. Almost any person on earth given a chance to take a huge pay raise to work some where in their field, without having to uproot their family would do it and not think twice. Time to get over the fact that Melo "took the money "

bucketss
10-27-2014, 08:11 PM
would love to play with kobe but........... resigns with the knicks. looks like someone is just being nice.

L8kers4life
10-27-2014, 08:42 PM
would love to play with kobe but........... resigns with the knicks. looks like someone is just being nice.

Why is everyone harping only on Kobe. I'm pretty Sure Bosh and Melo both said no to Harden and Howard in Houston. Melo also said no to Rose in Chicago.

Seizabmc
10-27-2014, 09:16 PM
Melos agent told him that the cap will rise a lot very soon.
And melo still decided to take a pay cut.

He didn't just stay in ny only for the money.

You people are morons.!!!

How bout the fact that the knicks have a super bright future?

Phil Jackson
Triangle offense
Derick fisher
A **** load of cap space real soon
Promising young guys on the team
Playing at MSG
Playing where he was born
Staying home
Staying loyal(something that LBJ is not)
Business ventures
Family
Friends
He loves ny
Money

There is just way too many reason for him to stay and not enough reasons for him to leave.

Lets see , you choose
Phil Jackson/derick
Or thibs .
Phil's better

Phil Jackson
Or at the time mike dantoni
Phil's better

Phil Jackson
Or no defense playing James harden.
(Within a year Tim hardaway jr will be just as good as harden.)

Not to mention that the knicks have a 1st round pick coming up.

Bottom line is melo made the corect decision for him and his family and his team.

And now people are just mad and hating because he didn't jump ship and come join there team.

Stop hating!!!!
Don't be mad cause the knicks are back!!!!
You people could underestimate us all you want, but at the end of the season we will see what the knicks are about.

And remember , we don't expect to win it all this season,so anything past the 1st round is just icing on the cake.

But come next season, y'all better watch out, because the knicks are coming.

And once were there, we ain't leaving.
With Phil and melo locked in for five years, y'all got a problem on your hands!!!!

Don't believe me, wait and see!!!

Laugh all you want,
But at the end of day,
We will be the last ones laughing!!!

BALLER R
10-27-2014, 09:23 PM
Do you guys ever think Melo would play as well as he does in international ball if he played with more talent?

jericho
10-27-2014, 11:37 PM
Melos agent told him that the cap will rise a lot very soon.
And melo still decided to take a pay cut.

He didn't just stay in ny only for the money.

You people are morons.!!!

How bout the fact that the knicks have a super bright future?

Phil Jackson
Triangle offense
Derick fisher
A **** load of cap space real soon
Promising young guys on the team
Playing at MSG
Playing where he was born
Staying home
Staying loyal(something that LBJ is not)
Business ventures
Family
Friends
He loves ny
Money

There is just way too many reason for him to stay and not enough reasons for him to leave.

Lets see , you choose
Phil Jackson/derick
Or thibs .
Phil's better

Phil Jackson
Or at the time mike dantoni
Phil's better

Phil Jackson
Or no defense playing James harden.
(Within a year Tim hardaway jr will be just as good as harden.)

Not to mention that the knicks have a 1st round pick coming up.

Bottom line is melo made the corect decision for him and his family and his team.

And now people are just mad and hating because he didn't jump ship and come join there team.

Stop hating!!!!
Don't be mad cause the knicks are back!!!!
You people could underestimate us all you want, but at the end of the season we will see what the knicks are about.

And remember , we don't expect to win it all this season,so anything past the 1st round is just icing on the cake.

But come next season, y'all better watch out, because the knicks are coming.

And once were there, we ain't leaving.
With Phil and melo locked in for five years, y'all got a problem on your hands!!!!

Don't believe me, wait and see!!!

Laugh all you want,
But at the end of day,
We will be the last ones laughing!!!

How is 6mill out of a 130 a discount. Duncan gave the Spurs a discount, Dirk gave the Mavs a discount. Melo no just no.

Another thing you are talking like phill is the coach which he isn't. And Derek fisher is a first year coach we don't know what to expect from him. So yeah thibs/rose sounds better than what we had on the Knicks at that moment. A starting lineup of rose/butler/Melo/Gibson/Noah is way better than our Knicks starting lineup plus a proven coach. Another thing while I love all the moves phill has done so far, this is his first year in the position he is in let him prove himself before holding him to such high regard. Again he ain't coaching he is building our team.

jaydubb
10-28-2014, 12:58 AM
Carmello: I love Kobe but I love money more

GiantsSwaGG
10-28-2014, 08:57 AM

Can't front, I love money more than Kobe too, pretty sure his wife does as well

jaydubb
10-28-2014, 11:01 AM
Can't front, I love money more than Kobe too, pretty sure his wife does as well

I love money more then kobe :shrug:

Tony_Starks
10-28-2014, 01:49 PM

Not only that but the Knicks had respectable management in place. Nobody respects Jim Buss, he's basically like Barney from the Simpsons.....