PDA

View Full Version : Who here is happy that the Lakers are crappy?

P&GRealist
10-26-2014, 10:34 PM
Just curious. Do you guys get this satisfaction that the Lakers suck now after winning championships for decades and after the dominance?

I for one think it's horrible for the NBA.

Thoughts

ManningToTyree
10-26-2014, 10:40 PM
No I have nothing against the lakers and enjoy watching Kobe a great deal. It's really a shame because the clippers are finally having some sustained winning. Would be fun to see both LA teams in a relevant rivalry

ThuglifeJ
10-26-2014, 10:41 PM
Its fun to have a super franchise like the Lakers, Yankees, Red Wings in sports..

It just is.

Kashmir13579
10-26-2014, 10:48 PM
No.

likemystylez
10-26-2014, 10:49 PM
Its fun to have a super franchise like the Lakers, Yankees, Red Wings in sports..

It just is.

I dont know if IM happy that the lakers are struggling, but I think there are some positives. When the lakers are a dominant team, there are a ton of bandwagon fans who dont even follow them but pretend to be their fans because they watch ESPN. And for the real laker fans- I think its good to get a dose of reality for a few seasons- just so they really appreciate when things are going well.

For the NBA though- its probably better for the lakers to atleast be a competitive team. Even if they arent a contender- its good when the majority of laker games atleast have a chance to be interesting. (which isnt the case now). LOL- although.... we are in a historical time for the western conference. There are probably 10 teams in the west who have are capable of winning 50 games this season. (I dont think 10 teams actually will win 50 games- but if any of the top 10 teams in the west won 50 games it wouldnt be shocking)

b_russ
10-26-2014, 10:49 PM
:)

Tony_Starks
10-26-2014, 11:30 PM
Fans of the small market teams are besides themselves with joy. It's all good, I hope they and all the critics keep hating. We're just a lottery team....

hugepatsfan
10-26-2014, 11:35 PM
Meh. I guess I'm glad to see them in a rut but it really doesn't affect me at all to be honest.

kobe4thewinbang
10-26-2014, 11:43 PM
Bad management, yo...it's that simple.

Everybody is meant to hate the Lakers, unless they're a Lakers fan.

This is probably the worst they've been since the last dynasty (Shaq & Kobe). Between Shaq and Pau Gasol, there were a couple of seasons when the Lakers were rather meh. But the past few years have been awful, ever since losing to Dallas after winning back-to-back. Then Phil left, Mike Brown and D'Antoni came...just, ugh. Top it all off with Kobe breaking his achilles, Nash breaking everything, continuously balking on trading Gasol, Dwightmare, Pau shooting 3's...giving up 150 points...Kobe signing back for 1 billion...

:mad:

I am optimistic that Byron Scott will help turn the tide, but Kobe ain't winning no more rings.

kobe4thewinbang
10-26-2014, 11:47 PM
:)Lakers > Jazz, until the end of time. In case you forgot. But, hey, enjoy your little crossover and keep blowing it out of proportion.

Chronz
10-26-2014, 11:48 PM
Only because I predicted a long lay off and need them to suck for alot longer before they recover, pretty sure it was a convo with Bruno. But I know others who thought it would be a quick process back to the top.

Living in LA tho, I want the Lakers to be good enough to get ousted in R.1 . Hopefully at the hands of the Clips

GunFactor187
10-26-2014, 11:53 PM
I do like it for the perspective in that it gives rise to new powers to be created in the 'A, so long have we been talking about the Lakers, Celtics, etc. that we never really talk about the other teams in the Association. That I'm relieved by, but it's never good to see these legacy teams falter the way they've had. I too want to see a legit rivalry between the Lakers and Clippers, doesn't look like it's going to happen soon though and that is a travesty...

bucketss
10-26-2014, 11:54 PM
i actually feel nothing, meh.

Bostonjorge
10-26-2014, 11:56 PM
I like this laker team much better then the Dwight Howard laker team.

DoMeFavors
10-27-2014, 12:19 AM
I am not happy because I don't think Kobe will ever make the playoffs again in his career.

numba1CHANGsta
10-27-2014, 12:24 AM
I'm happy knowing that no other franchise other than the Celtics will ever catch up to us championships wise :)

beasted86
10-27-2014, 12:30 AM
Indifferent about the Lakers success being a fan of a team in a completely different conference that has never faced the team in the Finals. Can't say the feelings seem mutual hearing from Lakers (see: Kobe) fans the last 4 years.

beasted86
10-27-2014, 12:35 AM
I'm happy knowing that no other franchise other than the Celtics will ever catch up to us championships wise :)

Glad to see the ignorance of bandwagoners in full force. Absolutely love this comment.

DoMeFavors
10-27-2014, 12:38 AM
Makes no sense to me to give Kobe a huge extension basically saying you want to win now but then hiring Byron Scott and not using cap space on good players for example (Monroe, Bledsoe,Stephenson)

Hawkeye15
10-27-2014, 01:09 AM
part of me likes the fact that they will lose 50+ games this year, but I would prefer they were mediocre, so they could just sit in purgatory for a while instead.

Raidergrant
10-27-2014, 01:52 AM
Lakers > Jazz, until the end of time. In case you forgot. But, hey, enjoy your little crossover and keep blowing it out of proportion.

And this is why fans of small market teams are happy.

Iron24th
10-27-2014, 02:05 AM
part of me likes the fact that they will lose 50+ games this year, but I would prefer they were mediocre, so they could just sit in purgatory for a while instead.

How does it feel?

P&GRealist
10-27-2014, 02:11 AM
And this is why fans of small market teams are happy.

Yes, but happiness at other's misery doesn't get those small market teams their championships now does it?

P&GRealist
10-27-2014, 02:12 AM
Glad to see the ignorance of bandwagoners in full force. Absolutely love this comment.

Pot meet kettle. LeBron is a Cav now.

Goodnight Irene!

Tony_Starks
10-27-2014, 02:17 AM

Do you seriously think they're going to lose 50+ games or is that just bitterness speaking? Because there's no way that is happening.

P&GRealist
10-27-2014, 02:22 AM
Do you seriously think they're going to lose 50+ games or is that just bitterness speaking? Because there's no way that is happening.

bitterness from 2003 1st round and 2004 WCF (wolves had HCA both times) :)

Goose17
10-27-2014, 03:13 AM
I am. I couldn't be happier about it. This isn't a troll answer or anything, it's a genuine answer to a genuine question. I am happy that the Lakers are crap.

tredigs
10-27-2014, 03:33 AM
I too thoroughly enjoy watching the Lakers go from "potential dynasty of Dwight/Kobe/Nash, etc" to a laughing stock, but being that the Warriors and Clippers are both very good right now, it's kind of a shame that they can't do battle and forge a rivalry. Because that would be more fun than watching them lose 60 games this season.

Enjoying teams that lose loses it's luster pretty quickly; eventually it just becomes the norm and you don't care anymore.

jaydubb
10-27-2014, 04:08 AM
I'm definitely happy.. This year the lakers decided to tank BEFORE the season even started!! :clap:

Duncan = Donkey
10-27-2014, 04:30 AM
Yep, I absolutely love it.

Bruno
10-27-2014, 04:50 AM
Only because I predicted a long lay off and need them to suck for alot longer before they recover, pretty sure it was a convo with Bruno. But I know others who thought it would be a quick process back to the top.

Living in LA tho, I want the Lakers to be good enough to get ousted in R.1 . Hopefully at the hands of the Clips
at this point i'm leaning towards 2017-2018. the market and contracts will be too big to not get 2-3 max FAs when Kobe retires. if they're smart they'll key in on a big three post-Kobe and use Bird rights to resign Randle- after cap money is designated to 2-3 max guys. that team might take a while to build chemistry but I don't see why the Lakers can't be competitive by 2017 or 2018 at the latest. winning the championship is a crap shoot that can't be guaranteed but high quality basketball with a talented roster is realistic in a few years.

IBleedPurple
10-27-2014, 07:55 AM
Being anti dynasty/empire/taking less than market value contracts, it makes me quite happy. As the years pass, the bandwagon gets lighter

Shady66
10-27-2014, 09:37 AM
I love it

BALLER R
10-27-2014, 09:48 AM
I don't think they will be as bad as people think. Also the Clippers are finally making noise it would be nice to have both LA teams at the top of the west, it would be interesting to see how LA would react to that.

Arch Stanton
10-27-2014, 09:53 AM
Fans of the small market teams are besides themselves with joy. It's all good, I hope they and all the critics keep hating. We're just a lottery team....

I could care less if the Lakers are good or not. Actually, I think it's more fun if Kobe plays at the top of his game and leads the Lakers to the playoffs.

mrblisterdundee
10-27-2014, 10:09 AM
I'd rather the Lakers be middling. Good enough not to enter the lottery, but bad enough not to make it out of the first round. They're already in rebuilding mode now, and history says they'll be a contender again in the near future. It's just harder to believe right now, since Kobe probably won't be a part of it.

canzano55
10-27-2014, 10:12 AM
I think its fantastic.

SanAntonioSpurs23
10-27-2014, 11:33 AM
I absolutely hate the Lakers, but with that being said. A league without the Lakers being competitive is.......****ing awesome

Sly Guy
10-27-2014, 11:40 AM
I'm not happy, but I'm definitely not upset either.....I think parity helps the league, so having a team that has traditionally been a strong one be down and out for a while is actually a decent thing.

Sactown
10-27-2014, 11:47 AM
I want all devisional teams to suck

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-27-2014, 12:09 PM
Just curious. Do you guys get this satisfaction that the Lakers suck now after winning championships for decades and after the dominance?

I for one think it's horrible for the NBA.

Thoughtseveryone

deaner
10-27-2014, 02:04 PM
It's not great that an Iconic team like the lakers sucks... But I'm glad that they are suffering the effects of poaching other teams best players and not developing players in their system. They should suffer for the Howard and Nash saga, as well as not treating Pau like they should have.

GoferKing_
10-27-2014, 02:08 PM
I'm happy. :D

TheIlladelph16
10-27-2014, 02:40 PM
Abso-f*cking-lutely. If I ignore division rivals, the Lakers and their fans are my least favorite team and fan base. Watching a fan base that is as generally cocky as the Lakers sink to the bottom of the barrel is quite enjoyable.

beasted86
10-27-2014, 03:20 PM
Pot meet kettle. LeBron is a Cav now.

Goodnight Irene!

Umm... remind me again when I lost count of how many championships my team has... cause I don't remember that

That's like some basic **** any fan should know about the team they (supposedly) follow.

IKnowHoops
10-27-2014, 03:43 PM
Don't care if they are good or bad. If they had players on the team that I liked, I love to see them win a lot. If they had Rajon Rhondo and Perkins on the team (two players I dislike) I'd love to see the lakers win a lot in spite of horrible play by Rhondo and Perkins.

What I can't stand is players getting credit for wins when they perform badly.

Tony_Starks
10-27-2014, 04:03 PM
I am. I couldn't be happier about it. This isn't a troll answer or anything, it's a genuine answer to a genuine question. I am happy that the Lakers are crap.

Why would a Warriors fan care? We've never been rivals. I could understand this coming from a Sacramento or Spurs fan but the Warriors? Why? We haven't knocked you guys out of the playoffs since the 80's...

thejordanrules
10-27-2014, 08:41 PM
30 wins they stink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jaydubb
10-28-2014, 12:55 AM
30 wins they stink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea they stinky

Hawkeye15
10-28-2014, 08:26 AM

you think the Lakers win more than 30 games this year?

Hawkeye15
10-28-2014, 08:27 AM
How does it feel?

how does what feel? Me being a Wolves fan has zero to do with my feelings towards the Lakers. I could be a Spurs fan, and I would hate them just as much.

Hawkeye15
10-28-2014, 08:29 AM
Why would a Warriors fan care? We've never been rivals. I could understand this coming from a Sacramento or Spurs fan but the Warriors? Why? We haven't knocked you guys out of the playoffs since the 80's...

why does another posters team matter, in regard to their opinion? Do Laker fans understand that when your team is great for a long time, other fan bases hate your team regardless of what team they like? That is how it works...in every sport....

Almost every baseball fan hated the Yankees forever
Almost every football fan hates the Patriots
etc
etc
etc

Tony_Starks
10-28-2014, 02:40 PM
you think the Lakers win more than 30 games this year?

They won 25 last year with no Kobe. I'm pretty sure we can get to at least 42 wins if he's around. Not to mention we have a coach that actually makes them practice defense.

You don't think having your best player back is good for way more wins?

Hawkeye15
10-28-2014, 02:44 PM
They won 25 last year with no Kobe. I'm pretty sure we can get to at least 42 wins if he's around....

They did have Pau, and their defense is going to be god awful this year. I just don't see more than 25-30 wins.

Tony_Starks
10-28-2014, 02:52 PM
They did have Pau, and their defense is going to be god awful this year. I just don't see more than 25-30 wins.

Pau was hurt a lot. Boozer is comparable to him in production.

Bottom line there is no way in hell that you get Kobe back and your team gets worse.

c.c.
10-28-2014, 03:07 PM
The Lakers gotta suffer the bad times like other teams. I hate how people expect teams with a successful past or in a big market to contend every year.

cmellofan15
10-28-2014, 03:15 PM
no, because it just causes fans to get extremely defensive and butthurt, and then they spew nonsense about the past like it's relevant anymore...but I will still try to enjoy watching them lose again this year

Hawkeye15
10-28-2014, 03:16 PM
Pau was hurt a lot. Boozer is comparable to him in production.

Bottom line there is no way in hell that you get Kobe back and your team gets worse.

what Kobe do you think you are getting? The defense will be league worst possibly, and I doubt they win more than they did last year. Boozer is a downgrade btw. I mean, I don't care to argue 5 wins here or there, but they are going to be really bad.

numba1CHANGsta
10-28-2014, 03:16 PM

bandwagon? LOL how is showing respect to our biggest rival being a bandwagon? gtfo sour puss sorry your daddy LeBron left you

beasted86
10-28-2014, 04:01 PM
bandwagon? LOL how is showing respect to our biggest rival being a bandwagon? gtfo sour puss sorry your daddy LeBron left you

I love the fact that you still don't even get what was wrong with your comment. :laugh2:

I love these Lakers "fans"

Hawkeye15
10-28-2014, 04:23 PM

I just got this..

leftie5
10-28-2014, 04:50 PM
As a Suns fan, I am glad for the simple fact that we get their top 5 lottery protected 1st round pick this year from the Nash deal.

They'll be back though once they clear some cap and eventually convince some free agents to sign there.

Tony_Starks
10-28-2014, 06:35 PM
Nice to see nobody outside of LA or Kentucky knows how good Julius Randle is btw. Sleeper for ROY....

beasted86
10-28-2014, 07:13 PM
Nice to see nobody outside of LA or Kentucky knows how good Julius Randle is btw. Sleeper for ROY....

He isn't even the starter yet. Deep Snow White-type sleep.

Tony_Starks
10-28-2014, 07:30 PM
He isn't even the starter yet. Deep Snow White-type sleep.

Lol. True but regardless of who starts he's going to get starters minutes. He looked nice in the pre season. Seems like Byron Scott believes in him, just being hard on him....

Avenged
10-28-2014, 08:38 PM

I think it's because your post implies only the Celtics have a chance to catch us in championships when in fact they're ahead..

Hawkeye15
10-28-2014, 08:48 PM

playing behind neck fat? Prolly not dude...

Hawkeye15
10-28-2014, 08:49 PM
Lol. True but regardless of who starts he's going to get starters minutes. He looked nice in the pre season. Seems like Byron Scott believes in him, just being hard on him....

1- nobody Kobe plays with will score 20 a night as a rookie
2- Jarbari will
3- ROY goes to the guy who scores 20 a night

RLundi
10-28-2014, 08:58 PM
I don't think anyone cares.

cmellofan15
10-29-2014, 09:53 AM

I think he might be out of contention now...