PDA

View Full Version : Which West Playoff Team From Last Year Misses The Playoffs This Yr?

P&GRealist
10-26-2014, 02:12 AM
There is a Stat that the same 8 teams in the West have not made consecutive trips to the postseason for 34 years straight.

The Last time the same 8 teams made the playoffs in back-to-back years was 1980.

So which team(s) fall(s) out of the playoff picture this yr?

Spurs
Mavericks
Thunder
Trailblazers
Clippers
Rockets
Grizzlies
Warriors

goingfor28
10-26-2014, 02:23 AM
Grizzlies or Rockets could miss out. The other 6 I think are locks.
Really though I think the same 8 make it again, but NO or Phx could certainly sneak in as well.

Ariza's Better
10-26-2014, 04:02 AM
Seattle supersonics or the Dallas chaparrals would be my two picks.

ThuglifeJ
10-26-2014, 04:50 AM
Houston.

amos1er
10-26-2014, 05:33 AM
Houston. Though I am looking to get Howard on my fantasy team.

MonroeFAN
10-26-2014, 06:06 AM
I think the Warriors. Surprised no one has mentioned that yet.

Rookie coach who very well could have no idea what he's doing, and a specialty roster.

xxplayerxx23
10-26-2014, 06:58 AM
Grizz if any. Suns and Pelicans have solid teams they could take over a spot. I think Blazers could miss. Don't see Houston missing at all

jericho
10-26-2014, 08:04 AM
You know what I'm gonna be bold and pick the Warriors. I already don't like what Kerr is doing by bringing Iggy from the bench. I know that the warriors have been killing it in preseason but it just preseason. That was just me being bold another bold one would be the Blazers. Yeah they are a good team but the west is stacked and we all know that any of the top 10 teams can easily make the playoffs. Now the team that i would really pick to miss the playoffs would be the Rockets. Lost a lot of players and their best players have big egos that could cause the team chemistry issues.

jericho
10-26-2014, 08:08 AM
I don't know why people always underrate the Grizz. They always have one of the best defense in the league and i know Carter ain't what he used to be but he can help them in the clutch and much needed outside shooting that they didn't have last year.

Crackadalic
10-26-2014, 08:37 AM
People saying Grizzlies but last I check that miss Gasol 2 months of the season and still won 50 games and added Vince carter and was a Zach randolph suspension from beating OKC

Now to answer the OP question I think last years playoff teams will be this years playoff teams. Kings/Pels/Suns can make it interesting but I don't see them making it this season

MrfadeawayJB
10-26-2014, 09:18 AM
I think the rockets, warriors, and blazers are the most at risk.

MrfadeawayJB
10-26-2014, 09:22 AM
People saying Grizzlies but last I check that miss Gasol 2 months of the season and still won 50 games and added Vince carter and was a Zach randolph suspension from beating OKC

Now to answer the OP question I think last years playoff teams will be this years playoff teams. Kings/Pels/Suns can make it interesting but I don't see them making it this season

Glad to see a few posters with fundamental knowledge about other teams. I hate seeming like a "homer" so it's nice to see a few recognize the grizz as a good team. As mentioned, Gasol (one of the leagues best C) was out 2 months last season. Still win 50 games. Gasol looks ready to take a massive leap this year and border 20 & 10 this season so hopefully he's healthy. Actually, it's not out of the realm of possibility they get HCA. People underestimate roster stability so much these days (ala spurs)

IgglesFanInCO
10-26-2014, 12:17 PM
Nuggets will surprise everyone(again, because they get no national hype) and wind up with a top 5 seed.

you can count on it. They are better than their 57 win team from a couple years ago in every phase of the game. The conference is tougher so they may not reach that win total, but barring getting completely destroyed by injuries again they will open some eyes

Also idk how many people are hearing about this Jusuf Nurkic kid but its time to start hearing the hype, if there was a redraft right now he would probably at least be a top 7 pick.

Sorry bout the homerism, but nuggets dont get a lot of it around here so deal with it! I'm hyped for the new season!

jericho
10-26-2014, 12:27 PM
Nuggets will surprise everyone(again, because they get no national hype) and wind up with a top 5 seed.

you can count on it. They are better than their 57 win team from a couple years ago in every phase of the game. The conference is tougher so they may not reach that win total, but barring getting completely destroyed by injuries again they will open some eyes

Also idk how many people are hearing about this Jusuf Nurkic kid but its time to start hearing the hype, if there was a redraft right now he would probably at least be a top 7 pick.

Sorry bout the homerism, but nuggets dont get a lot of it around here so deal with it! I'm hyped for the new season!

I like the Nuggets but no, no they are not.

Chronz
10-26-2014, 12:38 PM
Man the West is sooo unfair , its ****ing brutal how many quality teams will miss out. Gun to the head tho, Im picking Portland. I think Houston and Dallas are also in that discussion for falling out tho.

5ass
10-26-2014, 01:00 PM
Curry, Howard, harden, Aldridge, dirk. If one of these players mosses significant time this season, their team can kiss the play offs good bye.
I think the blazers will fall.

ThuglifeJ
10-26-2014, 01:14 PM
Man the West is sooo unfair , its ****ing brutal how many quality teams will miss out. Gun to the head tho, Im picking Portland. I think Houston and Dallas are also in that discussion for falling out tho.

Its unbelievable.. You have Spurs, thunder, clippers, blazers, grizzlies, mavericks, suns, warriors..then teams like rockets, pelicans, nuggets...potential surprise teams like Wolves, Kings.

That's an unreal amount of teams compared to Cavs, Bulls, failure Pacers, decently enticing Bobcats, Bucks.............

It kinda bothers me how unfair that is to West standings.

IgglesFanInCO
10-26-2014, 01:19 PM
I like the Nuggets but no, no they are not.

Mozgov Is light years ahead of what Kosta Koufos was doing for us at starting C, Faried and Ty are both much better players. Afflalo isn't as good as Iggy, but he is a MUCH MUCH better fit and not too great a downgrade, so overall i would say lateral there, and the bench is a lot better. Also coaching isnt even CLOSE because by the last few years of his tenure GK was horrible. Also, like I said, if there was a redraft, Nurkic would go at least top 7, probably top 5. He will really add something to this team, and if by some chance he doesnt get his shot at that this year, it would only be because McGee is other worldly beasting (which I'm not expecting).

Goose17
10-26-2014, 01:59 PM
Dallas arent making the post season.

InRoseWeTrust
10-26-2014, 02:15 PM

Dallas is easily a top 5 seed.

Allphakenny1
10-26-2014, 02:55 PM
Surprised many people are picking the Warriors. I cannot see them missing the playoff outside of injuries, but you can say that about every team. I expect their defense to still be good and their offense to be much better than that iso ball they played last year. Also, they should have better depth.

I truly see the same 8 teams making it this year. If I had to pick it would be the Rockets, but I find that unlikely with Howard and Harden surrounded by good role players. Maybe the Blazers as I felt they overachieved last year.

Goose17
10-26-2014, 04:16 PM

lol, Dallas are horrendously overrated. They were one game away from missing the playoffs last year and were in the bottom 10 for adjusted drtg and bottom ten in defensive efficiency. The only teams in the West that were worse were New Orleans, Utah Jazz and the L.A Lakers... and now with the addition of Parsons they are even WORSE defensively. You can't play defense as weak as that and expect to be a top 5 seed in the West never mind make the playoffs.

I don't know what it is, maybe it's the addition of Tyson Chandler, people are having flashbacks or something, but this isn't THAT Dallas team and they are being VERY overrated.

ThuglifeJ
10-26-2014, 04:55 PM

How can you say easily? We haven't even seen them play 1 regular season game yet.

Goose17
10-26-2014, 05:05 PM
LOL I can't believe Houston are leading this poll, people genuinely think Rockets are going to miss the playoffs entirely? Come on.

Anything is possible and it might happen but it feels like people are reaching to me.

HandsOnTheWheel
10-26-2014, 05:23 PM
How is Portland going to miss the playoffs? They are an even more stacked team than they were last year and have young guys only getting better. They get the 3rd seed behind Spurs and Thunder imo.

Corey
10-26-2014, 06:16 PM
How is Portland going to miss the playoffs? They are an even more stacked team than they were last year and have young guys only getting better. They get the 3rd seed behind Spurs and Thunder imo.

Doubt the Thunder get a top seed with KD out for a while.

chitownbulls
10-26-2014, 06:21 PM
How are people saying the Grizzlies? They are consistently a top 3 defense, and won 50 games w/o Gasol last year. And they usually play well in the playoffs. They should've beaten OKC last season. To be honest, I see the exact same teams come out in the west.

I think Denver, NO, and Phoenix have great teams for sure, but the other 8 are amazing. Its a shame that they are not in the east because any of those teams are easy locks for 50 games out there.

tredigs
10-26-2014, 06:25 PM

Portland's the best bet to miss the playoffs. They were incredibly fortunate with injuries last season (4 of their 5 starters played EVERY game. That doesn't happen), and had the lowest win differential of every WC playoff team (including 2 non playoff teams). Ipso facto, they got lucky last year. And with a likely resurgence/growth from supremely injury riddled teams like the Pels, Nugs and Phoenix, I don't think they make it through the gauntlet again.

I'll guess 46 wins and the 10 seed for Portland.

kdspurman
10-26-2014, 07:00 PM
I'd say the Blazers

HandsOnTheWheel
10-26-2014, 09:37 PM
Portland's the best bet to miss the playoffs. They were incredibly fortunate with injuries last season (4 of their 5 starters played EVERY game. That doesn't happen), and had the lowest win differential of every WC playoff team (including 2 non playoff teams). Ipso facto, they got lucky last year. And with a likely resurgence/growth from supremely injury riddled teams like the Pels, Nugs and Phoenix, I don't think they make it through the gauntlet again.

I'm sorry, win differential?

Also I'm pretty sure the Blazers had the best (if not one of the best) records up till the all star break, why wouldnt they be able to duplicate the same success? If your basing their success off luck then I get the impression that any team, whether good or not, could be lucky or unlucky and make the playoffs as luck is simply just not practical. It's just not a solid argument to judge a team's past or future success on a 'luck' basis despite of what you may think of the trend in recent years of Blazer's players getting injured, the chances of it happening again this season, and how it relates to luck and equates to wins.

HandsOnTheWheel
10-26-2014, 09:38 PM
Doubt the Thunder get a top seed with KD out for a while.

Agreed.

D-Leethal
10-26-2014, 09:42 PM
I can't see how anyone can ***** and moan about choosing Dallas, Houston or Portland. Obviously, its tough to pick and of these teams to not make the playoffs (testament to how flippin' good the conference is), but this thread is asking is to pick one, and those are the only three I think make any sense to pick (seems like thats the consensus around here as well). There are reasons to support each one of those being a horrible pick to miss the playoffs but those are the only 3. There might be an injury that shakes up the conference but until that happens its hard to see any of these teams missing, regardless of what history tells us should happen.

D-Leethal
10-26-2014, 09:51 PM
Out of those three, gun to my head I pick Dallas. I think Portland is legit and only getting better, I think they are the only team that we really haven't seen the best of yet. You could say the same for GSW too but their bigs are always hurt and I don't see that changing. Until they get a stable force up front to compliment the backcourt I don't see them making the leap to contender status.

Portland has everything in place like OKC did years back, not its just time for them to get better and more experienced together.

Its hard to see Dallas playing the requisite defense unless Tyson has a bounce back DPOY type season and I don't think that will happen. Parsons and Tyson isn't really an plus when you lose Jose, Marion, Vince, Dalembert to get them.

Houston is gonna make the playoffs but I can see why posters pick them for this thread.

Tony_Starks
10-26-2014, 10:05 PM
Houston. Dallas and Memphis are better. Portland is still in the top tier and will fight for the 1-3 spot with until KD comes back.

Houston will be a good team but they're just the odd man out....

likemystylez
10-26-2014, 10:32 PM
I think the Warriors. Surprised no one has mentioned that yet.

Rookie coach who very well could have no idea what he's doing, and a specialty roster.

Ironically- the warriors probably have one of the top 3 or 4 coaching staffs in the NBA. two of the top 5 assistant coaches is a good way to set a new head coach up to not look like a complete idiot

Aside from that- it would be difficult for ANY human being regardless of nba coaching expierience to get much less out of that group of talent than mark jackson did. They seriously just gave away atleast 8-10 games last season (and still won 51 in a tough western conference)

likemystylez
10-26-2014, 10:36 PM

dallas is more likely to move into the top 4 seeds than they are to miss the playoffs

benzni
10-27-2014, 12:52 AM
Rockets, Blazers, hell maybe even the Thunder without KD... Haha who knows. I think all 8 make it one way or another. Pelicans and Suns are two teams that are good enough to make noise but its the west.

Goose17
10-27-2014, 02:52 AM
dallas is more likely to move into the top 4 seeds than they are to miss the playoffs

I disagree. They're more likely to win an eastern conference title than be a top 4 seed in the west this year.

Just my opinion though.

tredigs
10-27-2014, 03:27 AM
I'm sorry, win differential?

Also I'm pretty sure the Blazers had the best (if not one of the best) records up till the all star break, why wouldnt they be able to duplicate the same success? If your basing their success off luck then I get the impression that any team, whether good or not, could be lucky or unlucky and make the playoffs as luck is simply just not practical. It's just not a solid argument to judge a team's past or future success on a 'luck' basis despite of what you may think of the trend in recent years of Blazer's players getting injured, the chances of it happening again this season, and how it relates to luck and equates to wins.

Yeah, win differential... are you unfamiliar with the term or are you just saying it's a throwaway stat? There's probably no greater predictor of future success than how much you are winning your games by. In averaging +1.6 PPG over their opponents, they ranked 14th in the NBA. They were saved countless times by late game heroics, and while they have the personnel to accomplish it (Lillard's cold blooded for sure), it's just not an easy way of winning games to replicate. Beyond that, like I said they were RIDICULOUSLY healthy. They just flat out won't have 4 of their 5 starters play every game again. It won't happen. And when players go down, it makes them more likely to lose. Not sure what's contentious about either of those points.

They're still a very talented team who will give anyone fits, and would be a 3 seed in the East. But I see a regression to the mean coming for them this year and missing the playoffs as a result.

valade16
10-27-2014, 09:21 AM

Yeah, win differential... are you unfamiliar with the term or are you just saying it's a throwaway stat? There's probably no greater predictor of future success than how much you are winning your games by. In averaging +1.6 PPG over their opponents, they ranked 14th in the NBA. They were saved countless times by late game heroics, and while they have the personnel to accomplish it (Lillard's cold blooded for sure), it's just not an easy way of winning games to replicate. Beyond that, like I said they were RIDICULOUSLY healthy. They just flat out won't have 4 of their 5 starters play every game again. It won't happen. And when players go down, it makes them more likely to lose. Not sure what's contentious about either of those points.

They're still a very talented team who will give anyone fits, and would be a 3 seed in the East. But I see a regression to the mean coming for them this year and missing the playoffs as a result.

These sentiments coupled with your belief in another thread that Irving is as good a shooter as Lillard based on Lillard's current numbers leads me to believe that you don't think Lillard will improve at all.

Do people think Lillard will just stop improving from year 2 to year 3? That is pretty much THE year that players show the most improvement.

I don't care that people are picking Portland to miss the playoffs. You picked us to miss them last season too. Keep picking them and we'll keep proving you wrong.

pebloemer
10-27-2014, 01:00 PM
I'm inclined to predict all 8 of those teams will make it. But given the options, I'm voting for Portland. They had a pretty healthy year last season and most of their success came on dominating under .500 opponents (33-6), while 5 of their wins came in overtime. While Dallas, Golden State and Memphis also dominated under .500 teams, I have to pick someone. Dallas got better in the off-season IMO. Memphis was hit hard with injuries last year. And Golden State is just too talented to miss IMO.

I'd love to see Phoenix or New Orleans make it in, but it will be tough for either to leap into the picture.

Htownballa1622
10-27-2014, 01:23 PM
I think injuries would be why a team misses the playoffs that was in last year.

I think all 8 of the same make it barring major injury.

I know it has been done in 30+ years but we'll see.

I love how ppl think Rox are just going to miss though. :clap:

Sanjay
10-27-2014, 05:23 PM
Potentially, I think the Grizzlies could miss out if the Suns and possibly the Nuggets improve because Memphis' offensive firepower is lacking especially for the regular season, although they are a tough playoff team with their stifling defense.

HeatFan
10-27-2014, 05:53 PM
Grizz if any. Suns and Pelicans have solid teams they could take over a spot. I think Blazers could miss. Don't see Houston missing at all

I agree with you. Grizz seem like they haven't really gotten any better than in previous years and mostly all other West teams have gotten better.

kdspurman
10-27-2014, 06:08 PM
I agree with you. Grizz seem like they haven't really gotten any better than in previous years and mostly all other West teams have gotten better.

They did add Vince Carter and not losing Marc Gasol to injury like they did last year is enough to make them better than last year.

Sometimes, continuity within an organization/team is better than adding a bunch of guys. This Grizz team has a lot of fight, and had it not been for a BS suspension on Z-Bo last year, who knows how far they go.

tredigs
10-27-2014, 06:40 PM
These sentiments coupled with your belief in another thread that Irving is as good a shooter as Lillard based on Lillard's current numbers leads me to believe that you don't think Lillard will improve at all.

Do people think Lillard will just stop improving from year 2 to year 3? That is pretty much THE year that players show the most improvement.

I don't care that people are picking Portland to miss the playoffs. You picked us to miss them last season too. Keep picking them and we'll keep proving you wrong.

I don't "think", I proved with raw #'s that Irving has Lillard's shooting ability despite a down year last season. And while I do think an improvement should come from Lillard, I don't think it will be as drastic as most 3rd year players being that he is the rare exception of a 4 year college player who came in with a refined game. Irving would be a senior in college this season had he stayed in school.

I also don't think that his improvement will counter the likely regression they will see due to the reasons I listed. I have nothing against Portland what so ever, I just don't think they're a "great" team and I won't be surprised to see them miss the post-season this year.

ThuglifeJ
10-27-2014, 07:04 PM
Didn't Marc Gasol miss 25 games last season? And their win % with him was about 40% higher than without.

I could be wrong and they miss, but that feels like they're a lock if healthy.

Plus continuity... Did the spurs teach us nothing?

mightybosstone
10-27-2014, 07:58 PM
I also think Portland is the most likely team. Yes, they beat Houston in a 7-game series. They also needed an otherworldly performance from LaMarcus Aldridge and a 30-footer with less than a second left in Game 6 to do it. I don't think LMA is as dominant as last season, I still don't trust Robin Lopez as a starting C in the NBA, and I think that stretch at the start of last season was kind of a fluke. I also wouldn't be shocked if Golden State or Dallas gets knocked out, but I think it would require Bogut and Chandler to miss significant time to happen.

tredigs
10-27-2014, 08:15 PM
Nah, the Warriors went 12-4 in the regular season and nearly beat the Clips in the playoffs without Bogut, and with how transformed/great their offense looks in this new system, I'd still have them in the post-season w/ no Bogut. I actually think they have a better shot at the 1 seed than missing the playoffs.

Dallas is an option depending on whether Dirk maintains his level of play from last season or drops off some more, because losing Calderon/Carter is going underrated. I don't think they are an HCA team (as many surprisingly seem to think).

mightybosstone
10-27-2014, 08:31 PM
Nah, the Warriors went 12-4 in the regular season and nearly beat the Clips in the playoffs without Bogut, and with how transformed/great their offense looks in this new system, I'd still have them in the post-season w/ no Bogut. I actually think they have a better shot at the 1 seed than missing the playoffs.
That's still a relatively small sample size, though. I think if that were extended to 30-40 games, they could easily miss the playoffs. There's no reason to believe Bogut will miss that many games at this point, but given his position and injury history, I never rule it out with a guy like that. If they stay healthy, though, I do think Golden State easily wins 52-55 games and challenges for a top 4 spot in the West.

Dallas is an option depending on whether Dirk maintains his level of play from last season or drops off some more, because losing Calderon/Carter is going underrated. I don't think they are an HCA team (as many surprisingly seem to think).
Dirk could feasibly fall off even further again this year, but the real wild card for me is still Chandler. If he is peak Dallas/New York Chandler, they could challenge for the West. If he's the guy we saw last season, they could be a .500 basketball team.

Chronz
10-28-2014, 01:30 AM
Its unbelievable.. You have Spurs, thunder, clippers, blazers, grizzlies, mavericks, suns, warriors..then teams like rockets, pelicans, nuggets...potential surprise teams like Wolves, Kings.

That's an unreal amount of teams compared to Cavs, Bulls, failure Pacers, decently enticing Bobcats, Bucks.............

It kinda bothers me how unfair that is to West standings.

What bugs me is how people will view whatever star player that isn't winning as a flawed player as a result. Happened with Love last year, he actually led the T'Wolves in impressive fashion, just hard to win against the best. If he had led that same team in the East, it would have been a contender and he would be viewed alot differently as a result.

Goose17
10-28-2014, 06:38 AM
I don't "think", I proved with raw #'s that Irving has Lillard's shooting ability despite a down year last season..

LOL you actually believe that you won that argument and proved Irving is as good a shooter?

Wow. Talk about delusional.

valade16
10-28-2014, 08:33 AM
I don't "think", I proved with raw #'s that Irving has Lillard's shooting ability despite a down year last season. And while I do think an improvement should come from Lillard, I don't think it will be as drastic as most 3rd year players being that he is the rare exception of a 4 year college player who came in with a refined game. Irving would be a senior in college this season had he stayed in school.

I also don't think that his improvement will counter the likely regression they will see due to the reasons I listed. I have nothing against Portland what so ever, I just don't think they're a "great" team and I won't be surprised to see them miss the post-season this year.

Without getting too far into it you proved that Irving's numbers minus his worst data set (and most recent year) are comparable to Lillard's numbers including a rookie year in which it's highly doubtful that he shoots at that level ever again.

The only thing you "proved" is that with the proper manipulation of data you can seemingly "prove" anything.

tredigs
10-28-2014, 11:49 AM
LOL you actually believe that you won that argument and proved Irving is as good a shooter?

Wow. Talk about delusional.

Without getting too far into it you proved that Irving's numbers minus his worst data set (and most recent year) are comparable to Lillard's numbers including a rookie year in which it's highly doubtful that he shoots at that level ever again.

The only thing you "proved" is that with the proper manipulation of data you can seemingly "prove" anything.

Lmfao -- no, you clowns -- I used the career #'s of both and highlighted the fact that yes, Kyrie did in fact have an odd "down year" in year 3 shooting wise, something that I wagered against you that we certainly would not see again this season. I also highlighted the fact that defenses were much more interested in him and his ISO's than Lillard in the Blazers offense.

What's delusional is that you two can't piece this together when it is thrown in your face so cogently. Actually, it isn't. As one of you has shown 100% inability to be shaken in his initial stance and the other is a bonafide Blazers homer. I don't even like Kyrie Irving.

valade16
10-28-2014, 12:27 PM
Lmfao -- no, you clowns -- I used the career #'s of both and highlighted the fact that yes, Kyrie did in fact have an odd "down year" in year 3 shooting wise, something that I wagered against you that we certainly would not see again this season. I also highlighted the fact that defenses were much more interested in him and his ISO's than Lillard in the Blazers offense.

What's delusional is that you two can't piece this together when it is thrown in your face so cogently. Actually, it isn't. As one of you has shown 100% inability to be shaken in his initial stance and the other is a bonafide Blazers homer. I don't even like Kyrie Irving.

Again, you showed take out Kyrie's 3rd year (his most recent) when he had a down year, his #'s match up with Lillard's first 2 seasons, including his rookie year in which it's doubtful he shoots at that rate again thanks to his natural progression and shooting ability.

I can absolutely piece together what you're saying. We should allow mitigating factors in Kyrie Irving's numbers but not Lillard's. That was the sum total of your argument.

As for the Blazers homer bit, perhaps I am, but it was near consensus that Lillard is a better shooter than Kyrie so I guess there are a lot of closet Blazer homers running around that agree with me...

What's even more hilarious is that he showed you the shooting splits where Lillard wins every single one. As in all levels of shooting. off the dribble, pull up, assisted, etc. Every last one.

You are a good poster but your biggest weakness by far is your unwavering refusal to admit the other side could have a point or that you were wrong. In short, your arrogance.

tredigs
10-28-2014, 12:33 PM
Again, you showed take out Kyrie's 3rd year (his most recent) when he had a down year, his #'s match up with Lillard's first 2 seasons, including his rookie year in which it's doubtful he shoots at that rate again thanks to his natural progression and shooting ability.

I can absolutely piece together what you're saying. We should allow mitigating factors in Kyrie Irving's numbers but not Lillard's. That was the sum total of your argument.

As for the Blazers homer bit, perhaps I am, but it was near consensus that Lillard is a better shooter than Kyrie so I guess there are a lot of closet Blazer homers running around that agree with me...

What's even more hilarious is that he showed you the shooting splits where Lillard wins every single one. As in all levels of shooting. off the dribble, pull up, assisted, etc. Every last one.

You are a good poster but your biggest weakness by far is your unwavering refusal to admit the other side could have a point or that you were wrong. In short, your arrogance.

What don't you get about "career" #'s? I used all of both, I just added context where it was worth mentioning.

Off to work now and so beyond tired of this debate. We'll see how my projections pan out for this season -- >

valade16
10-28-2014, 12:36 PM
What don't you get about "career" #'s? I used all of both, I just added context where it was worth mentioning.

Off to work now and so beyond tired of this debate. We'll see how my projections pan out for this season -- >

I.e. for Irving but not for Lillard.

That's called a double standard...

Tony_Starks
10-28-2014, 02:04 PM
Why do people still not acknowledge the Blazers as legit? This time last year psd predicted they would be like the 11th team in the West. Now supposedly they will miss the playoffs.

What more do they have to do? They're well coached, have depth, LA is in his prime, and Lillard hasn't even hit his ceiling yet. They may actually be better this year.

valade16
10-28-2014, 03:42 PM
Why do people still not acknowledge the Blazers as legit? This time last year psd predicted they would be like the 11th team in the West. Now supposedly they will miss the playoffs.

What more do they have to do? They're well coached, have depth, LA is in his prime, and Lillard hasn't even hit his ceiling yet. They may actually be better this year.

People don't like LMA and think he's inefficient, therefore they short change the Blazers.

Like I said earlier, I don't care if they think we'll miss the playoffs. They thought that last season. They thought we wouldn't continue to play well after our torrid start, they didn't think we could win a playoff series.

Given the number of times they've been wrong about us, I don't expect them to be right this time eitherů

D-Leethal
10-28-2014, 03:50 PM
LMA cant be inefficient if the teams efficiency skyrockets while he is on the floor.

Goose17
10-28-2014, 05:29 PM

^Harsh but unfortunately I'm starting to think it's sort of true.

Tony_Starks
10-28-2014, 06:49 PM
LMA cant be inefficient if the teams efficiency skyrockets while he is on the floor.

Exactly.

On a side note your sig kills me man. How in the world is a grown professional player going to be that faded during a game....