PDA

View Full Version : Open Court's Next 10 added to 50 greatest

JordansBulls
10-25-2014, 09:34 PM
On NBA TV for Open Court with Shaq, Ernie, Kenny, Isiah Thomas, CWebb, Reggie Miller, Sir Charles they listed who should make the next 10 of the Top 50 greatest ever.

They came to decision that it should be

Duncan
Kobe
Lebron
Dirk
KG
Iverson
Nique
Mcadoo
Durant
Wade

Agreed or Disagree

Cal827
10-25-2014, 10:12 PM
Damn, tons of love for Iverson in this one too. At least Webber isn't on it this time :laugh2:

Would probably elevate Durant/Wade to past Iverson on this list, but doesn't really matter.

MagicBucsSox
10-25-2014, 10:13 PM
Wade? Lmao dudes a nobody withoutShaq or Lebron. He himself never carried a team nowhere. Perfect example of rings overhyping a guy.

Raps08-09 Champ
10-25-2014, 10:27 PM
LOL at McAdoo and Nique over better players.

HandsOnTheWheel
10-25-2014, 10:47 PM
Wade? Lmao dudes a nobody withoutShaq or Lebron. He himself never carried a team nowhere. Perfect example of rings overhyping a guy.
lol.

Sadds The Gr8
10-25-2014, 11:03 PM
LOL at McAdoo and Nique over better players.
The ppl on full court are all older players from the 70s-90s generation so they're gonna have that bias.

It was bs that they didn't vote wade unanimously but they have the generational bias so it's not surprising

Bostonjorge
10-25-2014, 11:07 PM
I saw that episode and webber should of been on that list. I would take out Wade and replace with webber easily. Webber played KG, duncan and dirk evenly and is in there class.

FlashBolt
10-25-2014, 11:31 PM
I saw that episode and webber should of been on that list. I would take out Wade and replace with webber easily. Webber played KG, duncan and dirk evenly and is in there class.

I agree that Webber should be in here but not over Wade.. Wade should and rightfully will be on this list. He's the third best SG and has more under his belt that some players who are on this list. If you ask me, they should take out McAdoo.

Jarvo
10-26-2014, 12:30 AM

Lmaoooooooo

WaDe03
10-26-2014, 01:29 AM

Lol.

koreancabbage
10-26-2014, 10:58 AM

*facepalm*

tredigs
10-26-2014, 12:55 PM
CP3 not being discussed is foolish. His stats are just too good not to be in the discussion.

4th all time in WS/48 (top 5 = Jordan, DRob, Wilt, him, Lebron)
3rd all time in Assist Per Game (top 5 = Magic, Stockton, him, Oscar, Zeke)
6th all time in PER (top 5 = Jordan, Lebron, Shaq, DRob, Wilt)
3rd all time in Steals Per Game (top 5 = Alvin Robertson, Michael Ray Richardson, him, Fatty Taylor, Jordan)

All NBA and All Defensive NBA 6 times. And just no holes in his games. I don't care if his playoff resume disappoints some... stats aside, eye test wise he's clearly one of the 60 best to lace them up, and has a better case than a handful of the top 50.

I'll take him over Nique (who I don't think has much on Melo) in just about any scenario.

Lebron, Kobe, KG, Dirk and Duncan are no brainers, and Wade/KD aren't far behind. Then I'd go CP3, AI and flip a coin between Nash and Kidd. Payton just behind them. Ideally I'd take out Dave Bing from the original 50 to make some more room though. Hal Greer too.

amos1er
10-26-2014, 06:34 PM
Lol.

Ya, I'm not even close to being a so called "Wade Guy" and even I had to lol @ that one.

amos1er
10-26-2014, 06:40 PM
This has to be one of the worst lists I have ever seen. Score one for the guys who are against using ex-players opinions as credible sources. These guys should be banned from making anymore lists on anything. Not even a shopping list. Perhaps individually, they might be more knowledgeable and credible, but the collective intelligence of them all together dropped exponentially without a doubt. Iverson, Nique, Durant, Wade, Mcadoo, and KG in the top 20 is all that needs to be said on this matter. There truly aren't enough face palms in the world to represent how bad this list is. Even the PSD list made this summer was far better. FAR BETTER!!!

tredigs
10-26-2014, 06:44 PM
This has to be one of the worst lists I have ever seen. Score one for the guys who are against using ex-players opinions as credible sources. These guys should be banned from making anymore lists on anything. Not even a shopping list. Perhaps individually, they might be more knowledgeable and credible, but the collective intelligence of them all together dropped exponentially without a doubt. Iverson, Nique, Durant, Wade, Mcadoo, and KG in the top 20 is all that needs to be said on this matter. There truly aren't enough face palms in the world to represent how bad this list is. Even the PSD list made this summer was far better. FAR BETTER!!!
Top 20? They're rounding out the top 60, not top 20.

amos1er
10-26-2014, 06:44 PM
Ok, maybe Wade deserves top 20 recognition... But Iverson and Nique!!! Come on now.

amos1er
10-26-2014, 07:02 PM
Top 20? They're rounding out the top 60, not top 20.

Those were their first unanimous top 20 guys. Basically is their top 20. There are guys that should have been unanimous before them.

tredigs
10-26-2014, 07:20 PM
Those were their first unanimous top 20 guys. Basically is their top 20. There are guys that should have been unanimous before them.

From what I watched they were just doing the "Next 10" and not discussing anyone already in the top 50 team. I only watched segments of it though, could've missed that.

amos1er
10-26-2014, 07:20 PM
Oh my bad... I didn't read correctly. They were adding on to the top 50 from 1997. Makes sense now.

amos1er
10-26-2014, 07:21 PM
From what I watched they were just doing the "Next 10" and not discussing anyone already in the top 50 team. I only watched segments of it though, could've missed that.

Nope your right, I just saw that. All I read was next ten and top fifty and thought they had already done a top ten and were working on the next ten. Yes, this makes a lot more sense now.