PDA

View Full Version : Better Frontcourt in the NBA? Love/Varejao/James - West/Hibbert/George - Griffin/...

HeatFan
10-24-2014, 11:51 AM
So many frontcourt combinations worthwhile but many question marks this season. I was wondering which one is considered the best (if considered as a whole).

Love/Varejao/James
West/Hibbert/George
Ibaka/Durant/Perkins
Drummond/Monroe/Smith
Duncan/Leonard/Splitter
Griffin/Jordan/Barnes
Many others....

Lots of questions because of injuries (Durant/George) and new combinations we don't know how they will work out (Cleveland). I would have really liked to see how the Howard/Bosh/Parson combination would have worked out.

I have to go with the Spurs tandem based on results, with Cleveland's probably being the most entertaining (to be seen) and the Pacers as the most underachieving. What you got?

goingfor28
10-24-2014, 11:53 AM
I'd take Blake DJ barnes 2nd but barnes seems to have forgotten how to play basketball
So prob love verajao lebron

jaydubb
10-24-2014, 11:54 AM
Lakers front court :drool:

chi-townlove1
10-24-2014, 11:55 AM
Noticed you missed noah/gasol/butler or McDermott

Just sayin. That is better than the Pistons and clippers. But it's all good

HeatFan
10-24-2014, 11:57 AM

Your right. I forgot about it and should definitely be a very competitive one. I don't know much about McDermott in the NBA at this point to form an opinion but the experts seem to like him very much.

LanceUpperCut
10-24-2014, 11:57 AM
Cleveland by a lot

HeatFan
10-24-2014, 11:58 AM

I thought butler was a guard

albertajaysfan
10-24-2014, 01:37 PM
So many frontcourt combinations worthwhile but many question marks this season. I was wondering which one is considered the best (if considered as a whole).

Love/Varejao/James
West/Hibbert/George
Ibaka/Durant/Perkins
Drummond/Monroe/Smith
Duncan/Leonard/Splitter
Griffin/Jordan/Barnes
Many others....

Lots of questions because of injuries (Durant/George) and new combinations we don't know how they will work out (Cleveland). I would have really liked to see how the Howard/Bosh/Parson combination would have worked out.

I have to go with the Spurs tandem based on results, with Cleveland's probably being the most entertaining (to be seen) and the Pacers as the most underachieving. What you got?

Two things I find interesting here.

1) That Detroit front court was atrocious last season when they all played together. I doubt SVG plays those 3 together very often if at all.

2) I actually don't think the Spurs combo you chose is their best front court combination. I prefer Duncan/Diaw/Leonard although I haven't checked to see if the stats back it up.

If we are talking this season with best case scenarios in terms of health, I say Cleveland. Realistically I am going Spurs. I have serious concerns about Varajeo staying healthy. Although almost any semi competent C who can defend makes that front court deadly because of the other two players.

SF8
10-24-2014, 01:41 PM
Wtf you have Detroit's front court on there but not the Pelicans?

Whoever/Davis/Asik is one of the best, if not the best, front court in the league.

Raps08-09 Champ
10-24-2014, 02:16 PM
Cavs have the best SF and best PF.

MrfadeawayJB
10-24-2014, 02:27 PM
Gasol, Randolph, Allen/carter

HeatFan
10-24-2014, 02:33 PM
Wtf you have Detroit's front court on there but not the Pelicans?

Whoever/Davis/Asik is one of the best, if not the best, front court in the league.

Any frontcourt with Davis is in the conversation, just that one of the best, if not the best, is premature right now.

TrueFan420
10-24-2014, 03:08 PM
Iggy, Lee, Bogut should get a mention too

MonroeFAN
10-24-2014, 03:16 PM
Yeah not sure why my Pistons are being mentioned here. They have potential, but a lot to prove.

Also, I'm not sure how anyone can say any team other than the Cavs. 2 of the top 5 (arguable I guess) players in the league.

chi-townlove1
10-24-2014, 03:16 PM

I thought butler was a guard

Unfortunately when Deng was here they forced him there. But he truly belongs at the 3

Ty_Lawson
10-24-2014, 03:42 PM
Mozgov/Faried/Gallinari

P&GRealist
10-24-2014, 03:50 PM
JLV = James - Love - Varejao

And it's not even close.

If LeBron has the most stacked top heavy talent one yr, and the most stacked 3 pt shooters in the league another yr, he'll have now the most stacked front court there is when you add Tristan Thompson and Shawn Marion to the mix.

HeatFan
10-24-2014, 04:08 PM
JLV = James - Love - Varejao

And it's not even close.

If LeBron has the most stacked top heavy talent one yr, and the most stacked 3 pt shooters in the league another yr, he'll have now the most stacked front court there is when you add Tristan Thompson and Shawn Marion to the mix.

I have to say its difficult to categorically say that JLV is better (and adding that its not close) given that they have to first prove themselves. Chemistry is always something you need to factor in, and it's too soon for them right now. On paper it may seem like it. We have seen that tons of times where a roster with big names does not necessarily live up to the hype (cough, Malone/Payton to Lakers; Howard/Nash to Lakers; Iverson/Anthony in Denver; 2013 Brooklyn Nets)

P&GRealist
10-24-2014, 04:16 PM
I have to say its difficult to categorically say that JLV is better (and adding that its not close) given that they have to first prove themselves. Chemistry is always something you need to factor in, and it's too soon for them right now. On paper it may seem like it. We have seen that tons of times where a roster with big names does not necessarily live up to the hype (cough, Malone/Payton to Lakers; Howard/Nash to Lakers; Iverson/Anthony in Denver; 2013 Brooklyn Nets)

Horrible examples.

Iverson when traded to Denver - just left his prime.

Howard- off of back surgery

Nash - well I mean yah, need I say more? His last couple of seasons in PHX he was lying on the floor by the bench.

Payton - way past his prime.

Malone - near the end

LeBron - prime
Love - prime who can go up another notch or two
Kyrie - yet to enter his prime which he will hit within the next 2-3 yrs.

And Bron signed with Miami 4 yrs ago:

Wade- prime
Bosh-prime

HeatFan
10-24-2014, 04:19 PM
Horrible examples.

Iverson when traded to Denver - just left his prime.

Howard- off of back surgery

Nash - well I mean yah, need I say more? His last couple of seasons in PHX he was lying on the floor by the bench.

Payton - way past his prime.

Malone - near the end

LeBron - prime
Love - prime who can go up another notch or two
Kyrie - yet to enter his prime which he will hit within the next 2-3 yrs.

And Bron signed with Miami 4 yrs ago:

Wade- prime
Bosh-prime

Do you mean that in none of those examples I gave the team underachieved? (regardless of the stage in each player's career)

prodigy
10-24-2014, 04:34 PM
If AV stays healthy then cavs by a lot.

SPURSFAN1
10-24-2014, 05:01 PM
Spurs frontcourt. So much defense and all able scorers.

P&GRealist
10-24-2014, 05:32 PM
Spurs frontcourt. So much defense and all able scorers.

But Duncan is still at that fragile age. You just never know dude.