PDA

View Full Version : When Will The NBA's Dinosaurs Finally Go Extinct?

P&GRealist
10-23-2014, 04:07 PM
Predict what year these guys retire:

Kevin Garnett (Brooklyn Nets) - 20th yr
Steve Nash (Los Angeles Lakers) - 19th yr
Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers) - 19th yr
Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas Mavericks) - 17th yr
Tim Duncan (San Antonio Spurs) - 18th yr
Manu Ginobili (San Antonio Spurs) - 13th yr (but 37 yrs old)
Vince Carter (Memphis Grizzlies) - 17th yr
Ray Allen (Miami Heat unrestricted free agent) - could be his 19th yr
Paul Pierce (Washington Wizards) - 17th yr
Jermaine O'Neal (Golden State Warriors unrestricted free agent) - could be his 19th yr

Goose17
10-23-2014, 04:22 PM
Duncan and Carter might be playing until the year 3,000. I think the way Carter changed his game and improved in other areas is under-appreciated.

I think Nowitzki, Kobe and Nash are done after the current contracts are up. Garnett should have retired a couple years back. Ray Allen is going to bandwagon his way to a few more chips. I'm predicting he retires with more rings than Kobe. O'Neal is probably done.

Vampirate
10-23-2014, 04:26 PM
I swear I thought this was a thread about how the Raptors should not be in the NBA when I read the title.

:laugh2:

lamzoka
10-23-2014, 04:40 PM
Predict what year these guys retire:

Kevin Garnett (Brooklyn Nets) - 20th yr-------------Should've retired after last season
Steve Nash (Los Angeles Lakers) - 19th yr----------Shoud've retired after last season
Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers) - 19th yr---------When his current contract is up
Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas Mavericks) - 17th yr---------- He can play another 3-5 years
Tim Duncan (San Antonio Spurs) - 18th yr----------He can play 2 more seasons
Manu Ginobili (San Antonio Spurs) - 13th yr (but 37 yrs old)-----He can play 2 more seasons
Vince Carter (Memphis Grizzlies) - 17th yr-------------------------He can play 3-5 more seasons
Ray Allen - could be his 19th yr- --------He will be in this league for another 5 years chasing rings
Paul Pierce (Washington Wizards) - 17th yr-------------- 2 more seasons
Jermaine O'Neal - could be his 19th yr ---------Should retired already

numba1CHANGsta
10-23-2014, 04:41 PM
Kobe will retire at age 50 and win 15 championships

Goose17
10-23-2014, 04:43 PM
Kobe will retire at age 50 and win 15 championships

Read this and then laughed as I realised I had the same expression as the picture in your sig.

5ass
10-23-2014, 04:52 PM
Chris Bosh

JasonJohnHorn
10-23-2014, 05:36 PM
Ducan, Dirk and Kobe all got a couple years left if they want to play. I could honestly see Duncan playing for another five years if he doesn't mind coming off the bench. Kobe I'll have to wait to see him this year after the injury. Had that injury not happened, I would have seen Kobe playing to 40 (low efficiency but enough votes to make the ASG each year). Dirk has a sweet shot, and it was as good last year as almost any year in his career, so though I don't expect him to be as great all-around as he was, he'll have a job for another two or three years at least.

Kevin Garnett: Still a good rebounder/defender in limited minutes. Great to have coming off the bench. This year might be his last, but I see teams willing to give him a vet-min next year.

Steve Nash: He looked done last year. The injuries are killer. I don't see him playing past this season unless he signs on as a back up for the vet-min on a contender (he is a great shooter that could spread the floor in the final possessions of a quarter and server as a mentor and insurance policy for injured guys or guys in foul trouble).

Manu Ginobili: I just don't see him playing past this year. He seemed spent int he 2013 finals... and he was good this past season, but I can't see him holding on for much longer. I think injuries will get him more than anything.

Vince Carter: We'll see I guess. He seems to play well with limited minutes.

Ray Allen: Great shooter. Good guy to have on the bench. He'll have a job this year no doubt, but if his FG% continues to drop like it did last year, I wouldn't expect another season.

Paul Pierce: Only saw a couple games last year. Nothing to judge by, but he looked much slower on defense than he used to me. He is creative on offense. He'll be around two years since that is what he signed for, but I don't see much past that.

Jermaine O'Neal: I didn't think he'd play beyond last season.

MonroeFAN
10-23-2014, 05:45 PM
Chris Bosh

:clap:

numba1CHANGsta
10-23-2014, 06:03 PM
Read this and then laughed as I realised I had the same expression as the picture in your sig.

so then you know I'm trolling just how Skip troll's everyone LOL

Mr_Jones
10-23-2014, 07:32 PM
got them big tittays

TrueFan420
10-23-2014, 07:38 PM
I think Timmy and Dirk last the longest out of the whole group.

THE MTL
10-23-2014, 08:45 PM
Kevin Garnett (Brooklyn Nets) - 20th yr-------------Should've retired in 2013. Def this year
Steve Nash (Los Angeles Lakers) - 19th yr----------Shoud've retired last season. Def this year
Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers) - 19th yr---------When his current contract is up
Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas Mavericks) - 17th yr---------- He can play 2 years
Tim Duncan (San Antonio Spurs) - 18th yr----------He can play 2-3 more seasons
Manu Ginobili (San Antonio Spurs) - 13th yr (but 37 yrs old)-----He can play 2 more seasons
Vince Carter (Memphis Grizzlies) - 17th yr-------------------------He can play 1-2 more seasons
Ray Allen - could be his 19th yr- --------He can play as long as he wants but I think 1-2 seasons barring a championship in Cleveland
Paul Pierce (Washington Wizards) - 17th yr-------------- 2 more seasons max
Jermaine O'Neal - could be his 19th yr ---------Should retired a long time ago

P&GRealist
10-23-2014, 09:11 PM
Well, there goes Nash. He will retire playing 18 seasons (but 19 years' worth of paychecks lol).

Allphakenny1
10-24-2014, 12:28 AM
Jermaine O'Neal was good for the Warriors last season. Not sure why many are saying he should have retired a long time ago. It looks like he is calling it quits now, but I would love if he came back for one more year with the Warriors. Bogut and Ezeli are both injury prone and Kuzmic is a borderline D-league player. That extra depth at center would be great.

PurpleLynch
10-24-2014, 05:01 AM
Nash is finished.
Duncan,Nowitzki,Bryant,Carter,Ginobili and Pierce can do two more seasons.
Garnett and O'Neal will retire next year imo and they should do it.
Allen is in a strange situation:he has the age to retire,but as a shooter he can still play(well). He will chase a ring this season if a contender makes him an offer,but next year he should retire imo.

Rockice_8
10-24-2014, 09:43 AM
Don't understand why people think KG should have retired last year. Guy can still be a productive backup Center. Still a solid defender and rebounder. Can't cover the quick 4's anymore and his offensive game is limited to jumpers but I can probably name half the league that would take him as a backup C. That's good enough to still play. Wouldn't shock me if he gave it one more year after this (he's just so competitive) but if I had to guess I think he hangs them up after this season.

The only guys on the list that should truly be retired are Nash and JO. Both are just too beat up injury wise at this point and just can't make a full season.

Most guys on that list have declined but could still fill a role on most teams.

Dirk, VC, TD all have evolved their games to play to their strengths. Amazed mostly by VC's transformation. From high flyer to solid shooter/passer/positional defender. Don't see that too often. Pierce's D has fallen off (can't cover SF's and is just a bit too small for stronger PF's but he is still crafty offensively. He's probably best served as a 6th man at this point but would be a good one if you could hide him defensively. Still all of them should have another 2-3 years in them if they can accept smaller reduced roles.

albertajaysfan
10-24-2014, 01:44 PM
Don't understand why people think KG should have retired last year. Guy can still be a productive backup Center. Still a solid defender and rebounder. Can't cover the quick 4's anymore and his offensive game is limited to jumpers but I can probably name half the league that would take him as a backup C. That's good enough to still play. Wouldn't shock me if he gave it one more year after this (he's just so competitive) but if I had to guess I think he hangs them up after this season.

The only guys on the list that should truly be retired are Nash and JO. Both are just too beat up injury wise at this point and just can't make a full season.

Most guys on that list have declined but could still fill a role on most teams.

Dirk, VC, TD all have evolved their games to play to their strengths. Amazed mostly by VC's transformation. From high flyer to solid shooter/passer/positional defender. Don't see that too often. Pierce's D has fallen off (can't cover SF's and is just a bit too small for stronger PF's but he is still crafty offensively. He's probably best served as a 6th man at this point but would be a good one if you could hide him defensively. Still all of them should have another 2-3 years in them if they can accept smaller reduced roles.

Didn't KG complain about playing C last year. I swear I saw some quotes to that affect.

diu9leilomo
10-24-2014, 02:33 PM
all of them will play until lebron retires

Six-8-TheWizard
10-24-2014, 04:12 PM
I swear I thought this was a thread about how the Raptors should not be in the NBA when I read the title.

:laugh2:

:laugh2: Haha same here

Chronz
10-25-2014, 02:13 AM
Didn't KG complain about playing C last year. I swear I saw some quotes to that affect.

Hes been complaining about it since his Minny days. Still can happen, and the league is getting smaller so its not a bad back up position for him. I would welcome him with open arms on the Clips. Hes still an intelligent defender.

BALLER R
10-25-2014, 01:18 PM
In 4 years none of them will be in the league

P&GRealist
10-25-2014, 01:48 PM
In 4 years none of them will be in the league
Oh wow, that's bold. :rolleyes:

Sanjay
10-27-2014, 05:34 PM
Nash is finished unfortunately. Duncan to win back-to-back championships with the Spurs for the first time in franchise history this year and then retire.