PDA

View Full Version : VC stuffs Dirk, imitates his shot, then Dirk commits biggest flop attempt of all-time

ThuglifeJ
10-23-2014, 10:31 AM
Any basketball fan will find this hilarious.

block:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrO4wpV5Ql4

imitation: (31 sec mark)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCzjjr9dNi4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Dirk GFOAT?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-R2sRqbkEg

all in fun for these two ex-teammates though

king4day
10-23-2014, 11:02 AM
He was clearly just getting crunk

mjt20mik
10-23-2014, 11:31 AM
he was clearly bringing 07 back with the souljaboy superman dance

bucketss
10-23-2014, 12:08 PM
meh

MonroeFAN
10-23-2014, 02:18 PM
He should be giving Dirk a handjob for making him relevant again.

IKnowHoops
10-23-2014, 02:31 PM
Thats a true flop. Complete fake. The stuff that Bron does is just accentuating real fouls. This was an embarrassment.

P&GRealist
10-23-2014, 02:43 PM

Dude, seriously?

MonroeFAN
10-23-2014, 04:27 PM
Not really no.

IKnowHoops
10-23-2014, 04:35 PM
A while back someone asked who the biggest flopper is and I said Dirk. This confirms it. But normally he knows how to make that head of his whiplash on every shot he takes to make it look like he got fouled.

Hawkeye15
10-23-2014, 04:42 PM
what the **** was that Dirk? Looked like a really terrible dance scoot across the floor.

numba1CHANGsta
10-23-2014, 04:52 PM
What's up with international players always flopping? Dirk, Manu, Barea, Varejao

jaydubb
10-23-2014, 05:08 PM
I woulda called a foul

ghettosean
10-23-2014, 05:21 PM
Thats a true flop. Complete fake. The stuff that Bron does is just accentuating real fouls. This was an embarrassment.

You feel compelled to bring up Lebron in a thread that has nothing to do with him and no comments about him???

Don't reply its just an observation.

MrfadeawayJB
10-23-2014, 05:28 PM
VC about to have a great year

ThuglifeJ
10-23-2014, 07:49 PM
Dirk was definitely joking around. Don't know how that flew over people's heads.

DemarDerozan
10-23-2014, 07:57 PM

Why do you "fans" bring LeFlop into every forum discussion? It's getting old.

Cal827
10-23-2014, 08:14 PM

:laugh2: I'm not sure how exactly Adam Silver would like having that act occur on a basketball court

ThuglifeJ
10-23-2014, 08:24 PM

And what exactly does Dirk owe Vince then for making up for his shitactular playoff series vs the Spurs?

Carlisle Dirk Cuban helped rejuvinate Vince but most is on Vince himself.

bucketss
10-23-2014, 08:29 PM
i didn't notice vince was relevant again.

blahblahyoutoo
10-23-2014, 09:33 PM
dirk should retire.

HeatFan
10-23-2014, 10:28 PM

Exactly

ThuglifeJ
10-23-2014, 10:50 PM

That's unfortunate :/ hopefully your boy lebron takes notes on how to adjust with age so he stays relevant in his mid-late 30s.

I don't get what ppl mean by relevant though..rejuvenated player? Yes. House hold name? Always. Superstar player who is front and center sports center every night? No...those days are well behind him.

jerellh528
10-23-2014, 11:11 PM

You have an unhealthy obsession with James

IKnowHoops
10-24-2014, 12:14 AM

Coming from the guy who said Kobe is a better scorer than Jordan.

ThuglifeJ
10-24-2014, 12:37 AM

Coming from the guy who said Kobe is a better scorer than Jordan.

He is..

InRoseWeTrust
10-24-2014, 12:54 AM
He is..

Said no one, ever.

R. Johnson#3
10-24-2014, 01:08 AM
Dirk was definitely joking around. Don't know how that flew over people's heads.

My thoughts exactly. Almost the entire first page.

IKnowHoops
10-24-2014, 03:53 AM
Why do you "fans" bring LeFlop into every forum discussion? It's getting old.

It would seem by the name you have given him that its relative when talking about the greatest flop of all-time wouldn't you say?

IKnowHoops
10-24-2014, 04:02 AM
You feel compelled to bring up Lebron in a thread that has nothing to do with him and no comments about him???

This thread sites "the biggest flop of all-time". And here on PSD some have named him Leflop. Are you still clueless? Its like mentioning pepperoni in a thread about pizza.

IKnowHoops
10-24-2014, 04:06 AM
That's unfortunate :/ hopefully your boy lebron takes notes on how to adjust with age so he stays relevant in his mid-late 30s.

I don't get what ppl mean by relevant though..rejuvenated player? Yes. House hold name? Always. Superstar player who is front and center sports center every night? No...those days are well behind him.

Ghetto sean where you at? Get em boy!!!

IKnowHoops
10-24-2014, 04:10 AM

So your thread title is 33.3333333% BS?

As for Dirk its the "Boy who cried wolf" scenario here. His history makes it hard to give him the benefit of doubt.

DubbyDubbs
10-24-2014, 06:40 AM
People are on him about the flop? It was a definite joke with Vince and the flop came after play was dead and likely just before a tv timeout as dirk was walking to his bench as vc was speaking with the ref. if this action solidifies anyone's opinion of dirk being a flopper, you're a goof.

ThuglifeJ
10-24-2014, 08:26 AM
He is..

Said no one, ever.

Kobe has a larger scoring arsenal than Jordan.. He can put up more points in more ways.

Key word scoring.

Jordan was more efficient, wiser, stronger, and ran an offense better than Kobe.

Give me either for scoring baskets though.

ThuglifeJ
10-24-2014, 08:41 AM

So your thread title is 33.3333333% BS?

As for Dirk its the "Boy who cried wolf" scenario here. His history makes it hard to give him the benefit of doubt.

No, its a joke. Dirk was pranking on Vince cuz they're friends and he wanted to mess with him by getting him a technical for an outrageous flop.

I forget how simple minded some people can be. People see this and don't acknowledged the fact these guys are vets, friends/ex teammates, and its preseason. So many people fail to see the mental aspects in games. This isn't a 25 year old dirk and carter taking preseason serious its 37 year old guys having some fun. And its damn funny.

This reminds me of Inglorious Basterds when no one understood that scene when Pitt was speaking awful Italian. I remember people in the theatre were like 'oh my god he's so bad at acting, he's butchering the language'. No ****, cuz he was bull ******** in the movie about knowing it the while also not giving much a **** as his character wouldn't. That's the joke. Its hilarious how bad he was at Italian when he hypes himself as knowing it so the girl would join the mission..

This newer generation is awful with jokes. Zero senses if humor I have no idea why. Everything is serious. They see someone joking around and they get confused.

ghettosean
10-24-2014, 02:30 PM
This thread sites "the biggest flop of all-time". And here on PSD some have named him Leflop. Are you still clueless? Its like mentioning pepperoni in a thread about pizza.

Thread title --> VC stuffs Dirk, imitates his shot, then Dirk commits biggest flop attempt of all-time

No one but you have talked of Lebron so I suppose you are the only one who has a clue I guess :rolleyes:

It's preseason it's not the playoffs or the regular season and Dirk was clearly joking around or do you think Dirk was just trying to get that flop call to be the king of preseason???

Come on man :facepalm:

albertajaysfan
10-24-2014, 03:25 PM
No, its a joke. Dirk was pranking on Vince cuz they're friends and he wanted to mess with him by getting him a technical for an outrageous flop.

I forget how simple minded some people can be. People see this and don't acknowledged the fact these guys are vets, friends/ex teammates, and its preseason. So many people fail to see the mental aspects in games. This isn't a 25 year old dirk and carter taking preseason serious its 37 year old guys having some fun. And its damn funny.

This reminds me of Inglorious Basterds when no one understood that scene when Pitt was speaking awful Italian. I remember people in the theatre were like 'oh my god he's so bad at acting, he's butchering the language'. No ****, cuz he was bull ******** in the movie about knowing it the while also not giving much a **** as his character wouldn't. That's the joke. Its hilarious how bad he was at Italian when he hypes himself as knowing it so the girl would join the mission..

This newer generation is awful with jokes. Zero senses if humor I have no idea why. Everything is serious. They see someone joking around and they get confused.

Reminds me of a friend of mine who got a tshirt made, he was born in 64.

Tshirt reads:

Stupid people
Helping me look good
since 1964

He wore it to his kids high school basketball game and some of the other parents complained to the principal. Principal asked him to refrain from wearing offensive tshirts to school events. :rolleyes:

I do agree though people never cease to amaze me. I do my best to surround myself with people who do it in a positive way, though that is often a challenge.

WVNowitzki
10-24-2014, 03:49 PM
I will miss Vince. He balled out for us.

That game winner last year!

Thumper 88
10-24-2014, 05:11 PM
dirk should retire.

So should lebron

IKnowHoops
10-24-2014, 08:00 PM
Thread title --> VC stuffs Dirk, imitates his shot, then Dirk commits biggest flop attempt of all-time

No one but you have talked of Lebron so I suppose you are the only one who has a clue I guess :rolleyes:

It's preseason it's not the playoffs or the regular season and Dirk was clearly joking around or do you think Dirk was just trying to get that flop call to be the king of preseason???

Actually two others have, one being the OP, but nice try. Try reading before attempting to be clever.

ThuglifeJ
10-25-2014, 05:27 AM

Actually two others have, one being the OP, but nice try. Try reading before attempting to be clever.

Please show where I had mentioned anything lebron?..

I said something about lebron after you guys brought him up for no good reason..and still I wasn't relating it to the thread.

But nice try.

ricky recon
10-25-2014, 08:01 AM
I'm honestly puzzled how anyone could not understand he was joking.

hugepatsfan
10-25-2014, 10:36 AM

It's funny how you're such a Lebron groupie but if he ever saw you in public he wouldn't want **** to do with you.

IKnowHoops
10-25-2014, 11:05 AM
Please show where I had mentioned anything lebron?..

I said something about lebron after you guys brought him up for no good reason..and still I wasn't relating it to the thread.

But nice try.

Huh?

OK let me remind you what you said.

Buckets said he didn't realize Vince was relevant.
Then you said something to the effect of "Lebron needs to learn from Vince how to be good at a later age"

So you brought Lebron into that conversation on your own, just because you know Buckets likes him.

So...
a. as you stated, you did bring up Lebron
b. and it was on your own to buckets,
c. and nice try guy.

IKnowHoops
10-25-2014, 11:08 AM
It's funny how you're such a Lebron groupie but if he ever saw you in public he wouldn't want **** to do with you.

And if I saw him in public I wouldn't want **** to do with him either. I just call it like I see it on the basketball court. I don't wear Jersey's, I don't go to games, I don't want to get an autograph. Trust me if you do any of those, your 10x the groupie I am homeboy.

IKnowHoops
10-25-2014, 11:13 AM

And thats why your name is "hugepatsfan" and you got a pic of Revis and Brady as your sig. Please homie, you don't see Bron anywhere posted on my ish. Get outta here girl.

ghettosean
10-25-2014, 11:36 AM

:clap:

You took every post too seriously including all Lebron posts since you initially posted about him in a Dirk/VC thread.

You tried and still trying to hard to slam Dirk and praise Lebron over a clear preseason joke. You make it clear you're a Lebron homer with your posts in this thread.

Mr.B
10-25-2014, 12:16 PM
I will miss Vince. He balled out for us.

That game winner last year!

Meh I still believe that Richard Jefferson will be more than a capable replacement for Carter. People on this board make it seem like he was some kind of elite talent that could never be replaced. Have you guys forgot how bad Carter was in the two years before he got to Dallas?

In the entire time he was in Dallas there are only two plays that stand out to me. One was the shot in the playoffs last year and the other was early in the season when he faked that his leg was hurt and when the defender left him (thinking he was hurt) he ran under the basket and got an easy dunk. Other than that he was a slightly above average player.

ThuglifeJ
10-25-2014, 12:47 PM
Meh I still believe that Richard Jefferson will be more than a capable replacement for Carter. People on this board make it seem like he was some kind of elite talent that could never be replaced. Have you guys forgot how bad Carter was in the two years before he got to Dallas?

In the entire time he was in Dallas there are only two plays that stand out to me. One was the shot in the playoffs last year and the other was early in the season when he faked that his leg was hurt and when the defender left him (thinking he was hurt) he ran under the basket and got an easy dunk. Other than that he was a slightly above average player.

-Lol he is though. VC didn't live up to his potential (which was set at Jordanesque, and also is in part of **** teams all his career), but we'll never see a talent like him again. One of a kind for sure. There's a better chance of seeing another Kobe than another Vince Carter.

-So what? He had his bad year or two when he started decline after New Jersey and trying to figure out not being a star anymore. So he rejuvinated his career after a small blip for a year or two and has been great the past 2 years. Do you think people care more about his 1-2 year off-beat year a few years ago or his LAST 2 years. You say 'did people forget how awful he was back in parts of Orlando and Phoenix?' Well have you forgetten how awesome he was before and after that in his career?

You sound petty. You guys got Parsons and Chandler that's enough to be happy about, but you sound as salty as ever, like Cuban, constantly trying to put down Carter just because he couldn't get resigned. It's a petty way to move on by lying to yourself like that. You could easily be like the rest of the Mavs fans and say "he was great, we wanted to keep him, unfortunate he couldn't come back, but like our team, like our chances, excited for this season"

oh and Lol Jefferson.

Mr.B
10-25-2014, 01:18 PM
-Lol he is though. VC didn't live up to his potential (which was set at Jordanesque, and also is in part of **** teams all his career), but we'll never see a talent like him again. One of a kind for sure. There's a better chance of seeing another Kobe than another Vince Carter.

-So what? He had his bad year or two when he started decline after New Jersey and trying to figure out not being a star anymore. So he rejuvinated his career after a small blip for a year or two and has been great the past 2 years. Do you think people care more about his 1-2 year off-beat year a few years ago or his LAST 2 years. You say 'did people forget how awful he was back in parts of Orlando and Phoenix?' Well have you forgetten how awesome he was before and after that in his career?

You sound petty. You guys got Parsons and Chandler that's enough to be happy about, but you sound as salty as ever, like Cuban, constantly trying to put down Carter just because he couldn't get resigned. It's a petty way to move on by lying to yourself like that. You could easily be like the rest of the Mavs fans and say "he was great, we wanted to keep him, unfortunate he couldn't come back, but like our team, like our chances, excited for this season"

oh and Lol Jefferson.

Maybe I should clarify myself a little. WAS Carter a great player? Absolutely. By far one of the most if not the most exciting player when he was in Toronto and most of his time in Jersey. That was then, I'm talking about now. He's not that same player anymore. He was horrible in Orlando. He was able to rejuvenate his career some while in Dallas and personally I liked him but some of you guys make is seen as if the Mavs had the Carter from his Toronto days and there is NO WAY they will ever be able to replace him. That's just crazy talk. As I stated he rejuvenated his career some while in Dallas but at his best in Dallas he was a slightly above average player. He has his moments where he will completely disappear in games. If you would take off your Vince Carter time machine glasses and if you saw any of what Jefferson did in Utah last year you will see that they are really the same player at this point in their careers. If you refuse to see that now, that's fine. You'll realize it by the end of the year.

ThuglifeJ
10-25-2014, 01:48 PM
Maybe I should clarify myself a little. WAS Carter a great player? Absolutely. By far one of the most if not the most exciting player when he was in Toronto and most of his time in Jersey. That was then, I'm talking about now. He's not that same player anymore. He was horrible in Orlando. He was able to rejuvenate his career some while in Dallas and personally I liked him but some of you guys make is seen as if the Mavs had the Carter from his Toronto days and there is NO WAY they will ever be able to replace him. That's just crazy talk. As I stated he rejuvenated his career some while in Dallas but at his best in Dallas he was a slightly above average player. He has his moments where he will completely disappear in games. If you would take off your Vince Carter time machine glasses and if you saw any of what Jefferson did in Utah last year you will see that they are really the same player at this point in their careers. If you refuse to see that now, that's fine. You'll realize it by the end of the year.

That makes you more sane, but you're still far off. NO ONE is talking about Vince Carter like he's in Toronto you're exaggerating hugely. We're all talking about the now, Vince was great last season and the season before. And we don't need to go over his playoff heroics. He's still a good player NOW, no one said or expects him to be like he was when he was 25, but no one expected him to be this good when he's 36, 37 either, that's why he gets the praise.

Will the Mavs be able to replicate what Carter gave them last year? No. They won't be able to replicate Calderon's knack for hitting 3s and taking care of the ball insanely well either. Will Parsons, Chandler, and the rest of a signings as a whole MAKE UP for the losses this offseason? Most likely, and probably then some with a Center. There's a difference between making up for a loss and replicating it.

Jefferson can slash and score a bit but he doesn't nearly bring what Carter did. Carter brought leadership, scoring, playmaking, chemistry, big plays (blocks, rebounds when they matter most), and a few gamewinners on top. He also got along incredibly well with Cuban, Carlisle, and the entire team. He mentored the young guys especially Ellis and Crowder who looked up to him. He led the league off the bench in 3 point shooting, he also led the team in charges drawn every year.

It's like did Chris Kaman make up for the loss of Chandler? No. Kaman wasn't on Chandler of 11's level obviously but he did put up good numbers and you just can't compare the two. You can't really compare Jefferson and Carter other than that they both can slash pretty well and shoot 3s well.

You're just being overly defensive anyways. You are putting a microscope on everytime someone says something about how losing Carter was a negative, when in reality, he's not getting THAT much praise.

The general opinion on here and wherever is 'gaining Parsons, Chandler was huge. Nelson, Aminu, Jefferson were solid pick ups as well. Losing Vince, Calderon, and Marion can hurt in some departments though.'

or just 'Raymond Felton is fat'

Mr.B
10-25-2014, 02:13 PM
That makes you more sane, but you're still far off. NO ONE is talking about Vince Carter like he's in Toronto you're exaggerating hugely. We're all talking about the now, Vince was great last season and the season before. And we don't need to go over his playoff heroics. He's still a good player NOW, no one said or expects him to be like he was when he was 25, but no one expected him to be this good when he's 36, 37 either, that's why he gets the praise.

Will the Mavs be able to replicate what Carter gave them last year? No. They won't be able to replicate Calderon's knack for hitting 3s and taking care of the ball insanely well either. Will Parsons, Chandler, and the rest of a signings as a whole MAKE UP for the losses this offseason? Most likely, and probably then some with a Center. There's a difference between making up for a loss and replicating it.

Jefferson can slash and score a bit but he doesn't nearly bring what Carter did. Carter brought leadership, scoring, playmaking, chemistry, big plays (blocks, rebounds when they matter most), and a few gamewinners on top. He also got along incredibly well with Cuban, Carlisle, and the entire team. He mentored the young guys especially Ellis and Crowder who looked up to him. He led the league off the bench in 3 point shooting, he also led the team in charges drawn every year.

It's like did Chris Kaman make up for the loss of Chandler? No. Kaman wasn't on Chandler of 11's level obviously but he did put up good numbers and you just can't compare the two. You can't really compare Jefferson and Carter other than that they both can slash pretty well and shoot 3s well.

You're just being overly defensive anyways. You are putting a microscope on everytime someone says something about how losing Carter was a negative, when in reality, he's not getting THAT much praise.

The general opinion on here and wherever is 'gaining Parsons, Chandler was huge. Nelson, Aminu, Jefferson were solid pick ups as well. Losing Vince, Calderon, and Marion can hurt in some departments though.'

That's fair enough. Personally I thought he was completely done when he got to Dallas. I enjoyed watching him while he was here and I will agree that he was a leader and I believe that is what they will miss most about Carter (his presence in the locker room).

I never thought he would get back to where his now as a player (still above average) especially at his age. I also hope he continues to succeed (except against the Mavs of course).

You should look up the play I mentioned earlier where he shot a 3 from the corner and when he landed he acted like he rolled his ankle. Can't remember which Mav got the rebound at the top of the arc but the guy guarding Vince ran away from him to double team the guy that got the rebound leaving Vince all by himself. He immediately got up and run under the basket and caught the pass for an easy dunk. Was hilarious!

ThuglifeJ
10-25-2014, 02:40 PM

That's fair enough. Personally I thought he was completely done when he got to Dallas. I enjoyed watching him while he was here and I will agree that he was a leader and I believe that is what they will miss most about Carter (his presence in the locker room).

I never thought he would get back to where his now as a player (still above average) especially at his age. I also hope he continues to succeed (except against the Mavs of course).

You should look up the play I mentioned earlier where he shot a 3 from the corner and when he landed he acted like he rolled his ankle. Can't remember which Mav got the rebound at the top of the arc but the guy guarding Vince ran away from him to double team the guy that got the rebound leaving Vince all by himself. He immediately got up and run under the basket and caught the pass for an easy dunk. Was hilarious!

Fair.

Yes I remember that play vs golden state. Loved it.

oak18
10-25-2014, 03:27 PM
What's up with international players always flopping? Dirk, Manu, Barea, Varejao
Probably because flopping originated in soccer and those guys are from countries where soccer is extremely popular. Maybe they grew up watching but I don't know. Just my guess.

IKnowHoops
10-25-2014, 08:09 PM

You took every post too seriously including all Lebron posts since you initially posted about him in a Dirk/VC thread.

You tried and still trying to hard to slam Dirk and praise Lebron over a clear preseason joke. You make it clear you're a Lebron homer with your posts in this thread.

I think your the only one taking things to seriously. Like I said, "boy who cried wolf". Wasn't trying to slam dirk, but just trying to show the difference between a "flop" and "playing up a real foul". After listening to everyone I do indeed believe it was a joke, but...dirk showed in that joke what he is capable of still. And he whiplashes his head when he shoots no matter foul or not in order to get foul calls. Dirk is a professional flopper, and he showed his skills in a joke. 99.9% of the league won't even joke like that, or as crazy as that. Dirk knows how to flop. Bron is trying to make sure he gets calls he believes are fouls.

And even though I brought up Bron first...others brought him up in there own conversations that had nothing to do with me bringing him up. In other words, they would of brought up Lebron even if I would not of. I just wanted you to keep it 100. But your not, and it makes your statement about me bringing up Bron worthless.

Byronicle
10-25-2014, 08:46 PM
He clearly flopped as a joke

Clearly you guys don't see that

ThuglifeJ
10-25-2014, 09:24 PM

I think your the only one taking things to seriously. Like I said, "boy who cried wolf". Wasn't trying to slam dirk, but just trying to show the difference between a "flop" and "playing up a real foul". After listening to everyone I do indeed believe it was a joke, but...dirk showed in that joke what he is capable of still. And he whiplashes his head when he shoots no matter foul or not in order to get foul calls. Dirk is a professional flopper, and he showed his skills in a joke. 99.9% of the league won't even joke like that, or as crazy as that. Dirk knows how to flop. Bron is trying to make sure he gets calls he believes are fouls.

And even though I brought up Bron first...others brought him up in there own conversations that had nothing to do with me bringing him up. In other words, they would of brought up Lebron even if I would not of. I just wanted you to keep it 100. But your not, and it makes your statement about me bringing up Bron worthless.

This is hilarious. Truly.

And Bron is a professional flopper. No doubt

IKnowHoops
10-26-2014, 12:35 AM

Is Dirk?

amos1er
10-26-2014, 12:46 AM

Lol.

amos1er
10-26-2014, 12:47 AM

Man... You just spew out sig material all the time now a days don't you.

amos1er
10-26-2014, 12:48 AM

Ya, he is pretty hilarious.

amos1er
10-26-2014, 12:49 AM
He clearly flopped as a joke

Clearly you guys don't see that

Most of us do acutally... It's just those special ones that don't... And bring up their idols in forums that have nothing at all to do with them.

amos1er
10-26-2014, 12:50 AM

Yup.

ThuglifeJ
10-26-2014, 04:52 AM

Is Dirk?

Not really.. He flops sometimes but not every drive or shot near defense

IKnowHoops
10-26-2014, 06:00 AM
Man... You just spew out sig material all the time now a days don't you.

I'm proud to have my post in your sig. Anyone sad enough to create dupe accounts to vote for Kobe in an online forum polls should despise everything I say. Lets me know I'm being true, when someone so pathetically untrue mocks me. Please take the time to put more of my quotes on your little board. Lets me know your always thinking of me while I'm not aware of your existence until the next time you follow my heal like a scared pup salivating over my quotes.

IKnowHoops
10-26-2014, 09:07 AM

Bad omen when Amosler the dupe account king agrees with you. When this happens you know your wrong.

ghettosean
10-28-2014, 01:57 PM
Bad omen when Amosler the dupe account king agrees with you. When this happens you know your wrong.

Good omen when no one agree's with your point or position at all then I guess ;)