PDA

View Full Version : Kobe gets schooled by Alec Burks a.k.a. the next Dwayne Wade

Spanklin
10-21-2014, 05:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k562IGjFZII&list=UU7zHLmbmASW9zmLW8WpFm1g

Man Kobe's looking old while this kid is getting good. I'm still bent out of shape that my Warriors took Klay Thompson over this talent. Klay's good but he won't be a superstar like Alec will.

beasted86
10-21-2014, 05:59 PM
Okay, now this is trolling...

Avenged
10-21-2014, 05:59 PM
Haha. Kobeeeee

bgdreton
10-21-2014, 06:25 PM
Is he serious Klay or Alec? Lol Kobe looked fine to me..

Spanklin
10-21-2014, 06:48 PM
Is he serious Klay or Alec? Lol Kobe looked fine to me..

Absolutely serious. Burks is a year younger than Klay and hasn't been given a chance yet by their dumb coach. Klay has played big minutes every year so far even when he didn't deserve them. You'll see. This year Burks will break out and make all of us GSW fans remember why we loath our management so much.

BTW, bgdreton, look up Alec's comps to Dwayne Wade at the same age and watch some highlight reels on youtube of what he will do when unleashed by their new coach. He's the league's least known monster.

beasted86
10-21-2014, 06:56 PM
Absolutely serious. Burks is a year younger than Klay and hasn't been given a chance yet by their dumb coach. Klay has played big minutes every year so far even when he didn't deserve them. You'll see. This year Burks will break out and make all of us GSW fans remember why we loath our management so much.

BTW, bgdreton, look up Alec's comps to Dwayne Wade at the same age and watch some highlight reels on youtube of what he will do when unleashed by their new coach. He's the league's least known monster.

Maybe trolling still, or maybe just crazy.

Wade at the age Burks is (23) was averaging 24 PTS, 7 REB, 5 AST and 1 BLK. Actually that's kind of a lie because Wade didn't turn 23 until January while doing this, Burks is already 23.

ikeryder13
10-21-2014, 06:58 PM
One kobe crossover and the trolls go crazy lol

Spanklin
10-21-2014, 07:07 PM
Maybe trolling still, or maybe just crazy.

Wade at the age Burks is (23) was averaging 24 PTS, 7 REB, 5 AST and 1 BLK. Actually that's kind of a lie because Wade didn't turn 23 until January while doing this, Burks is already 23.

Per 36 numbers. Burks has been chained to the bench by far the worst head coach in the league. 18/4.4/3.5 on .547 ts% and that's in a terrible, stuffy, low scoring offense. Wade put up 22/4.6/6.3 with .561 ts% which is a bit higher but a) he was getting consistent p.t. and b) was handed the reigns to the team.

He's a better shooter than Wade was at 23 as well. He's a pretty deadly 3 point shooter even though his % doesn't show that but the shooting charts do.

One kobe crossover and the trolls go crazy lol

One? Watch and drool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beII1Na8Tsc&list=UUtQaN8nRecAqzoqUQUvo9tw

MonroeFAN
10-21-2014, 08:03 PM
Per36 > all

barreleffact
10-21-2014, 08:18 PM
Kobe just can't win. I mean, he has a +/- of -39 or something and get's hosed. He has one of +26 here and nobody says a word... I just find it funny.

Realistically, Alec is 23. He should be MASSIVELY quicker than Kobe. I saw some good highlights (excellent crossover by Kobe's reach), terrible FG% from Kobe, and an overall preseasonesque game. NSTR (nothing significant to report) here.

I don't see Burks being anything special, for the record. I hope someone steps up as the next great SG though because, as of now, who under 30 is at all elite at SG? Harden???

Buckwheat
10-21-2014, 08:33 PM
Kobe just can't win. I mean, he has a +/- of -39 or something and get's hosed. He has one of +26 here and nobody says a word... I just find it funny.

Realistically, Alec is 23. He should be MASSIVELY quicker than Kobe. I saw some good highlights (excellent crossover by Kobe's reach), terrible FG% from Kobe, and an overall preseasonesque game. NSTR (nothing significant to report) here.

I don't see Burks being anything special, for the record. I hope someone steps up as the next great SG though because, as of now, who under 30 is at all elite at SG? Harden???

Most of the best SGs are under 30. Klay, Ellis, Harden, Waiters, Beal, Lance, Afflalo, DeRozan. Yes, Harden is the most elite one and will step up to be the next great one. I think Beal, DeRozan, Waiters, Thompson will all have great careers.

koreancabbage
10-21-2014, 09:16 PM

that was just bad defense lol

Crackadalic
10-21-2014, 09:18 PM
lmao the next d-wade? dude isn't even better than oj mayo

Bruno
10-21-2014, 09:24 PM
lol, kobe busted burks throughout the game and got him to commit a foul on the play that sealed the game.

but burks can ball, i have him in dynasty league. I'm a big fan. they can't guard each other.

amos1er
10-21-2014, 09:47 PM
Kobe gets schooled and next Dwayne Wade... Double fail.

IKnowHoops
10-21-2014, 09:50 PM
Burks could be an all star player someday, but no way is he ever going to be as good as Wade.

PurpleJesus
10-21-2014, 10:17 PM
http://imgur.com/b008IX8

dhopisthename
10-22-2014, 01:38 AM
lol this guy and his love for burks.

Spanklin
10-25-2014, 04:03 PM
Burks is averaging more FTA in pre-season than LeBron. 11 FTA just last night. LOL @ anyone who says that isn't elite. Name me one non-elite player who averages 10 FTA in 30 mpg?

I'm guessing most you Burks bashers live on the east coast and know nothing of the Western Conference.

WOwolfOL
10-25-2014, 04:28 PM
Doesn't look like Burks has a lot of bashers

Goose17
10-25-2014, 04:47 PM
So Kobe is officially worse than all other SGs now?

Bazemore #1?

PurpleLynch
10-25-2014, 05:51 PM
What the hell is happening to this forum? I'm starting to think that it's haunted.

Munkeysuit
10-25-2014, 07:42 PM
Not bad at all...but the next D WADE? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

P&GRealist
10-25-2014, 07:57 PM
Burks > Kobe

still1ballin
10-25-2014, 08:27 PM
Kobe got school nasty. Burks > kobe no doubt

zn23
10-27-2014, 05:10 PM
If you watched the Lakers two years ago, you would see that these plays were very common (Kobe getting owned on defense). I'm surprised there haven't been more clips uploaded.

Spanklin
10-30-2014, 06:44 PM
James Harden got schooled update:

Alec Burks goes off for 18 only only 11 shot attempts, schools James Harden by forcing 6 turnovers, 5 fouls, 3 blocks against, and a miserable 33% shooting from the floor. In the end, fluke three point shooting from Ariza (4-7) and Papanikolaou (4-6) were too much for Alec Burks to overcome, and pull James Harden's dismal performance out of the gutter.

Saddletramp
10-30-2014, 07:18 PM
James Harden got schooled update:

Alec Burks goes off for 18 only only 11 shot attempts, schools James Harden by forcing 6 turnovers, 5 fouls, 3 blocks against, and a miserable 33% shooting from the floor. In the end, fluke three point shooting from Ariza (4-7) and Papanikolaou (4-6) were too much for Alec Burks to overcome, and pull James Harden's dismal performance out of the gutter.

You forgot to add that Harden had 7 rebounds and 10 assists and a +/- of +21 to Burks' 2 and 3 and a -14.
Also, Burks only had 11 attempts (in 35 minutes) because he couldn't get the **** open.
And you also left out how two of Hardens fouls were offensive because as he was blowing by Burks, his arm barely touched Burks and they called it pushing off.
And since when is 18 points on 11 shots "going off "?
Also, Burks only had 1 steal, so don't make it sound like he was picking Hardens pocket all game.

If you're not going to watch the game and only use the box score, then don't cherry pick the dang stats.

Crackadalic
10-30-2014, 07:26 PM
Burks is averaging more FTA in pre-season than LeBron. 11 FTA just last night. LOL @ anyone who says that isn't elite. Name me one non-elite player who averages 10 FTA in 30 mpg?

I'm guessing most you Burks bashers live on the east coast and know nothing of the Western Conference.

Theres your answer buddy

SF8
10-31-2014, 06:35 PM
He just got 4 years $42 million and the biggest (and maybe only) highlight of his career is this move on Kobe :laugh:

Spanklin
10-31-2014, 07:22 PM
He just got 4 years $42 million and the biggest (and maybe only) highlight of his career is this move on Kobe :laugh:

Steal by the Jazz. After he blows up and with the core they have in place, you'll see big name free agents flocking to Utah. What team are you a fan of? Had better check your roster and see who's going to Utah next summer.

Burks-Exum could legit be the #1 and runner up MVP in 3 seasons.

Saddletramp
10-31-2014, 08:30 PM
Ok, I get it. You're trolling. Weird thing to troll about.

SF8
10-31-2014, 09:31 PM
Steal by the Jazz. After he blows up and with the core they have in place, you'll see big name free agents flocking to Utah. What team are you a fan of? Had better check your roster and see who's going to Utah next summer.

I don't think FAs will ever "flock" to Utah. Not that Utah's a bad city but it simply doesn't have the lifestyle that athletes look for.

I think most guys will take paycuts to stay with their own team rather than go to the Jazz.

IKnowHoops
11-01-2014, 01:14 AM

I believe your serious which makes this pretty funny.