PDA

View Full Version : Chances Lakers keep 15' 1st improve

jsthornton7
10-20-2014, 03:51 PM
We all know this team needs to finish top (I mean bottom) 5 in order to keep their 1st round pick this season.

According to reports from Zach Lowe, the NBA is making changes that will take immediate effect.

From now on the draft lottery will give the four teams with the worst record each a 12% chance of winning the 1st overall pick. Also the lottery will also expand from top 3 to top 6, making it possible for the team with the worst record to fall as low as 7th.

championships
10-20-2014, 09:53 PM
In the off season, I thought there was no chance.

Just seeing a few games and thinking about how many injuries there can be, I'm starting to think there is a chance.

Record wise anyway. As far the lottery, The Lakers would probably be that team with the worst record and Still fall to the 7th pick.

#32LakerFan
10-22-2014, 05:28 AM
We all know this team needs to finish top (I mean bottom) 5 in order to keep their 1st round pick this season.

According to reports from Zach Lowe, the NBA is making changes that will take immediate effect.

From now on the draft lottery will give the four teams with the worst record each a 12% chance of winning the 1st overall pick. Also the lottery will also expand from top 3 to top 6, making it possible for the team with the worst record to fall as low as 7th.

Time to TANK again! :hide:

tippa irie
10-22-2014, 08:33 AM
Lakers will keep the pick because they will be picking 2nd

bleedprple&gold
10-22-2014, 11:51 AM
Lottery reform got voted down so system stays the same unfortunately.

L@ker4Life
10-22-2014, 01:39 PM
Based on my reading today, the system staying the same actually increases their odds of keeping the pick. That's why the 76ers were dead against it.

Am I mistaken?

royal bob
10-22-2014, 02:26 PM
None. Zippo. Zilch. Zero. Nada. Non-Existent. The chances of winning an actual lottery are greater. You will get hit by lightning three times before that happens.

Get the point?

The Lakers are not a team at this point. They have had roughly ten practices together....none with the players expected to play an active role in the rotation (Ryan,Swag,X). The players we have are learning each other, learning a new coach...new city...and new system. They will get better as the season progresses. The pick you all seem to want to save this season isnt going to grab a decent player, as this draft isnt too great. However....next season, the draft looks to be fairly deep...and if we keep our pick this year, Phoenix gets it next year...period.

LA_Raiders
10-22-2014, 02:34 PM
We dont have a team to compete, and draft will be weak. I hope we make a trade that help the team win.

handle
10-22-2014, 04:06 PM
We dont have a team to compete, and draft will be weak. I hope we make a trade that help the team win.

We have nothing to trade.

Vinylman
10-22-2014, 07:19 PM
We have nothing to trade.

jimbaco and Cupcake for some ebola seems fair

angelsfan1984
10-22-2014, 07:51 PM
Lin, Hill, Boozer and the rockets 1st rounder can all be dealt...correct?

bleedprple&gold
10-22-2014, 08:14 PM
Based on my reading today, the system staying the same actually increases their odds of keeping the pick. That's why the 76ers were dead against it.

Am I mistaken?

I think you have it backwards. The system changing is what will increase our odds of keeping the pick and hurt the bottom - out tankers like the Sixers so they don't want it to change.

jsthornton7
10-23-2014, 03:17 AM
Yeah for some reason this was unexpectedly voted down. This can be closed.

Vinylman
10-23-2014, 04:49 PM
Yeah for some reason this was unexpectedly voted down. This can be closed.

nah... not really a surprise... this would be dumb for the small markets to agree to... it is a have vs have not issue... its the only way the small markets can rebuild... it will never get the 2/3's it needs to pass.

jsthornton7
10-23-2014, 11:48 PM
nah... not really a surprise... this would be dumb for the small markets to agree to... it is a have vs have not issue... its the only way the small markets can rebuild... it will never get the 2/3's it needs to pass.

I disagree. Small markets are just fine. Especially with the new TV deal that will supposedly allow for more "competitive balance." And there are plenty of small market teams succeeding with out having to draft a player with a top 3 pick.

Vinylman
10-24-2014, 12:00 PM
I disagree. Small markets are just fine. Especially with the new TV deal that will supposedly allow for more "competitive balance." And there are plenty of small market teams succeeding with out having to draft a player with a top 3 pick.

look who voted against it.. almost every single team is a small market team...

as for the revenue sharing ... they are in a better position... however, multiple down years WILL lead to an unprofitable franchise