PDA

View Full Version : The issues that need fixing.

Thumper 88
10-20-2014, 10:48 AM
I thought this could be a good thread for us in here.

Seahawks obviously have some/a lot of issues that needs fixing.

1: Penalties. It seems like it's worse than last year and the offensive penalties need to stop especially the o-line false start ones.

2: 3rd down conversations both defensive and offensive

3: lack of fire from some players. It seems the stars on the team are really trying to fire this team up during the like Thomas, Sherman & Wilson but it's not doing much.

4: (I could be wrong on this) looker room is probably a mess. Obviously I don't have a clue if it is or not but the play on the field leads me to believe that the coaches need to be more involved with the players.

5: redzone. It seems once we are in the redzone we settle for fieldgoals. This needs to be fixed

That's just off the top of my head

Thebudler
10-21-2014, 10:29 AM
Thanks for making this thread. Last year, the Hawks were the most penalized team and they were playing an extremely high level of football. No doubt they need to be more disciplined, but this has been a problem for years. My main issues that need fixing are as follows.

1. Pass rush- Not just sacks, but the Hawks need to get better pressure and make the opposing QB uncomfortable in the pocket. They are really lacking a pass rusher opposite of Avril. The Hawks knew this and that is why they made a run at Ware and Jared Allen. There aren't many speed rushers that are available, but maybe try and get Chris Clemons back from Jacksonville or try and get Daquan Bowers from the Buccaneers for cheap.

2- Stopping the run- When you allow a team to run on you, play action works and QB's get more comfortable. We are missing Red Bryant presence against the rush. He imposed his will and would always command a double team which would allow linebackers to fly around. When you stop the run, you get teams in long 2nd and 3rd down situations.

3- Force turnovers! The Hawks have caused some fumbles this year, but the ball hasn't bounced their way, so to speak. Gang tackling and ripping at the ball is what gave this team their identity. More INT's will result if you get more pressure on the QB and get them off of their spot in the pocket.

4- Get Healthy- Hawks, like a lot of NFL teams have experienced a ton of injuries. I blame this on the new CBA which doesn't allow for many full contact practices, but that is a different topic all in itself.

5- Gain and maintain momentum in games- Sometimes this is easier said then done, but the last two years, the Hawks capitalized on turnovers and got TD's instead of field goals. They would make the plays they need to in order to maintain momentum and put teams away early. The Hawks need to use a tough Lynch run as momentum and use it as fire and keep the foot on the gas pedal. Football is a game of momentum and once you have it, you can't let it go.

Thumper 88
10-21-2014, 11:24 AM
Great post man.

The d line needs help and I'm not sure if they can get it this season..

Who's available next season?

RadconRob
10-21-2014, 02:44 PM
I could agree with you guys more. Its like you guys were in my Hawks Room the last few weeks discussing these issues with us. To add to that we felt like our offensive line is not calling the right blocking schemes. It seems our 3rd down troubles come because Russel doesn't even get the ball in his hands before he has to scramble for his life. The game against STL often time they were only rushing the 4 down lineman and all of them were in the backfield creating caos. We have to change that. I hear a lot of about the Refs and don't get me wrong I know we are getting hammered, but if we were tight in these other areas we wouldn't be depending on a well called game. Lets face it, if we leave it to the Refs we have already lost.

Thumper 88
10-21-2014, 03:04 PM
Exactly.. Cannot leave it up to the refs..

We hopefully will have 4-5 players back this weekend vs Carolina & we will need them.

Thumper 88
10-21-2014, 03:45 PM
Michael Sam has been released from the cowboys practice squad should the Seahawks get him?

They do need a pass rusher

Vinny642
10-21-2014, 10:42 PM
Our pass rush is horrendous, our run defense isnt great either, losing Bryant and Clemons hurt a bit
Overall lack of depth and injuries to the positions that lack depth really hurt

Boozerguy47
10-22-2014, 12:57 AM
Michael Sam has been released from the cowboys practice squad should the Seahawks get him?

They do need a pass rusher

I don't know much about him as a player, but if he was better than Schofield and/or Irvin he'd be on a team's roster. Don't think he'd provide anything to us beyond a talking point.

RadconRob
10-22-2014, 02:30 PM
I don't think we need anymore talking points

RadconRob
10-22-2014, 02:32 PM
And your right Boozer, if he was good enough to maker our roster he would already be starting somewhere else

Baller1
10-23-2014, 03:33 PM
http://mynorthwest.com/292/2629248/Seahawks-offense-needs-Wilson-to-shoulder-more-of-the-load-than-ever