PDA

View Full Version : What is the best team you could put together that would fail?

Vampirate
10-19-2014, 11:02 AM
1. You cannot put players out of position.

2. You can put players together from any era.

3. These have to be extremely good players, HOF like.

4. All players must be in their primes, it's easy to put players who are 38 years old on a team and not expect that team to do much.

5. Fail as in, you would think this team would dominate, but due to whatever reasons falls apart.

ewing
10-19-2014, 11:17 AM
Dennis Johnson
Rondo
Nique
Rodman
Deke

Just thought of 5 guys that were real good but share a weakness. No on one this team has a reliable jump shot. I don't think you can win that way

ewing
10-19-2014, 11:26 AM
Isiah
chuck person
Shawn Kemp
chocolate thunder
dennis rodman

I don't you have this many lunatics in one place

Vampirate
10-19-2014, 11:33 AM
Dennis Johnson
Rondo
Nique
Rodman
Deke

Just thought of 5 guys that were real good but share a weakness. No on one this team has a reliable jump shot. I don't think you can win that way

Isiah
chuck person
Shawn Kemp
chocolate thunder
dennis rodman

I don't you have this many lunatics in one place

Do I sense a theme here or is it just me?

xbrackattackx
10-19-2014, 02:07 PM
Allen Iverson
Kobe Bryant
Latrell Sprewell
Antione Walker
Rasheed Wallace

No way they don't kill each other in every game trying to score. And all are in thier prime. Everyone will want to score and not worry about defense..

slashsnake
10-20-2014, 05:28 AM
Good ones all taken

PG Calvin Murphy
SG Allen Iverson
SF Elgin Baylor
PF Charles Barkley
C Wes Unseld

Average height of my team... a shade under 6'2"

akia83
10-20-2014, 08:05 AM
Good ones all taken

PG Calvin Murphy
SG Allen Iverson
SF Elgin Baylor
PF Charles Barkley
C Wes Unseld

Average height of my team... a shade under 6'2"

This team would destroy everyone :)

NoahH
10-20-2014, 01:38 PM
PG 2000 Allen Iverson / 2001 Stephon Marbury
SG 1997 Latrell Sprewell / J.R. Smith
SF 2004 Ron Artest / Josh Smith
PF 2003 Antoine Walker / 2001 Rasheed Wallace
C DeMarcus Cousins / 2012 Andrew Bynum

Jeffy25
10-20-2014, 02:22 PM
Allen Iverson
Kobe Bryant
Latrell Sprewell
Antione Walker
Rasheed Wallace

No way they don't kill each other in every game trying to score. And all are in thier prime. Everyone will want to score and not worry about defense..

This team

I wonder if they would end up .500, even if they were all in their prime.

Nobody would play defense, everybody would play hero ball. And they wouldn't get along.

KnicksorBust
10-20-2014, 02:52 PM
This team

Nobody would play defense, everybody would play hero ball. And they wouldn't get along.

Disagree. Kobe/Sprewell are fantastic perimeter defenders and Sheed anchors the paint. Also, the idea that peak Kobe would be sub.500 with a bunch of other all-stars is ridiculous.

jerellh528
10-20-2014, 03:40 PM
irving
Harden
Lebron
Love
Cousins

bucketss
10-20-2014, 03:47 PM
nash
kobe
metta world peace/ron artest/the pandas friend
gasol
dwight

abe_froman
10-20-2014, 03:55 PM
rose
tmac
king
mcdyss
walton
that team would kill,but when would they ever be on the floor together?

or
rivers
cooper
bowen
rodman
wallace

they got a crushing d,but how can they score enough

JasonJohnHorn
10-20-2014, 08:05 PM
Bob Cousy
Allen Iverson
Caremelo Anthony
Josh Smith
Ben Wallace

ewing
10-20-2014, 10:01 PM
rose
tmac
king
mcdyss
walton
that team would kill,but when would they ever be on the floor together?

or
rivers
cooper
bowen
rodman
wallace

they got a crushing d,but how can they score enough

Sheed would average near 30 a night. he wouldn't have a choice.

TheNumber37
10-20-2014, 10:06 PM
Allen Iverson
Kobe Bryant
Latrell Sprewell
Antione Walker
Rasheed Wallace

This team

Kobe Bryant, Rasheed Wallace and sprewell don't play defense?
I'm pretty sure If these guys were on the court, they'd figure out a way to win.

Iverson 22,, 3 12
Kobe 25, 6, 4
Sprewell 15 6, 4
Walker 14,8 2
Sheed 16, 12, 3

xbrackattackx
10-20-2014, 10:53 PM
Kobe Bryant, Rasheed Wallace and sprewell don't play defense?
I'm pretty sure If these guys were on the court, they'd figure out a way to win.

Iverson 22,, 3 12
Kobe 25, 6, 4
Sprewell 15 6, 4
Walker 14,8 2
Sheed 16, 12, 3

I said they would all be fighting to score and not worry about defense. Never once did I say they couldn't. To be honest Iverson gambled a lot but he wasn't bad. I was mostly making the team in jest, just thinking who would lead that team in scoring.

ewing
10-20-2014, 11:45 PM
I said they would all be fighting to score and not worry about defense. Never once did I say they couldn't. To be honest Iverson gambled a lot but he wasn't bad. I was mostly making the team in jest, just thinking who would lead that team in scoring.

he is right. Kobe, Sheed, and Lateral were all world defenders in there prime. Sheed along with Timmy was the best post defender in the league and good luck getting the ball up the floor with Spree and Kobe locking up ball handlers while AI plays passing lanes. You have one of the big big man defenders on that team and two guys that not only can but regularly did defend one through 3 on and elite level while apply extreme ball pressure

ewing
10-21-2014, 12:16 AM
also, it is very en vogue to get on AI for gambling to much on D but he was the fastest guy in the league with great help defenders next to him and Deke or Theo defending the rim.

If you want a good team that doesnt defend I'd go Nash, Reggie Thesis, Wally World, Jamison, and Amare. All good players- some great. all poor defenders.

abe_froman
10-21-2014, 01:18 AM
Sheed would average near 30 a night. he wouldn't have a choice.
not rasheed,ben.why would you think it was rasheed wallace?

Cal827
10-21-2014, 01:21 AM
Stephon Marbury/ Gilbert Arenas
Allen Iverson/Ray Allen
Ron Artest/ J.R Smith
Dennis Rodman/ Antoine Walker
Rasheed Wallace/Shaquille O'neal

That team would probably go at it and destroy each other.... and Poor Ray Allen would play peace maker :pity:

Corey
10-21-2014, 01:37 AM
he is right. Kobe, Sheed, and Lateral were all world defenders in there prime. Sheed along with Timmy was the best post defender in the league and good luck getting the ball up the floor with Spree and Kobe locking up ball handlers while AI plays passing lanes. You have one of the big big man defenders on that team and two guys that not only can but regularly did defend one through 3 on and elite level while apply extreme ball pressure

People dont realize it because of his decline, but Antoine was actually a really solid defender too at his peak (2000-2003ish)

AI is the only poor defender out of the bunch, but with the defense he has behind him, he could gamble a TON.

I like that team, honestly.

ewing
10-21-2014, 06:18 AM
not rasheed,ben.why would you think it was rasheed wallace?

my bad. i guess b/c he was on other teams and was in my head. yep, take sheed out and put big ben in and that team cant score

Ty22Mitchell
10-21-2014, 07:31 AM
nash
kobe
metta world peace/ron artest/the pandas friend
gasol
dwight

I see what you did there....

PhillyFaninLA
10-21-2014, 08:47 AM
Any player
Kobe