PDA

View Full Version : Most underrated players by position?

WaDe03
10-18-2014, 07:21 PM
Pick your most underrated players in the league by the position they play. Try to only pick one player per position, so the players you think are the most underrated at their position.

PG-I. Thomas
SG-Derozan
SF-Batum
PF-D. West
C-A. Jefferson

All pretty good players but I feel like they get overlooked. I had a hard time picking between Thomas and Conley but I picked Thomas because he had the same stats and Kyrie last year and some (crazy) people think Kyrie is a top 5 PG.

Derozan averaged 23-4-4 I think. He will probably start getting more recognition next year as for the others I doubt they will except maybe Jefferson.

Batum is a good two way player great defender and does everything out there on the court.

David West is a beast and has a great mid range jump shot I feel like he never misses those jumpers and hated playing against him in the ECF the last 2 years.

Al Jefferson also a beast and a great offensive center and rebounds good. Not sure about his defense but it can't be too bad I know the Bobcats were a top defensive team last year.

albertajaysfan
10-18-2014, 07:31 PM
PG Conley....Thomas hasn't proven he can do anything on a good team yet which is why I choose Conley instead

SG This position sucks right now so I don't know who to pick. As a Raptors fan I don't want to say Derozan and be accused of being a homer. Plus he has been getting lots of love this off season compared to years past.

SF Batum....totally agree he can do everything

PF Teletovic......I really like his game I think a lot of people are going to be surprised what he brings to the Nets this year

C A. Jefferson....again I agree because he proved last year he can lead a team

dalton749
10-18-2014, 07:34 PM
demar does get over looked though, because his fg% is low, isnt a great 3 shooter, and plays in canada
the numbers dont tell the whole story though
wes matthews is another guy at the 2 that gets over looked though

beasted86
10-18-2014, 07:37 PM
PG - Teague
SG - Johnson
SF - Batum
PF - Ibaka
C - Horford

JasonJohnHorn
10-18-2014, 07:39 PM
PG: I'd go with Conley. His defense is just amazing, he's unselfish, passes the ball and can score. He's like Chauncey light, only better on D.
SG: Kevin Martin. This guy is great. When there is a great first option and he gets open, his shot is great.
SF: Iggy and Ariza are good options.
PF: Zach Randolph. Very reliable scorer and rebounder, and he really improved his passing game last year.
C: Jefferson. Dude got MVP votes and made the All-NBA team, but yet didn't get an All-Star spot? His defense is a little soft, but his offense is great.

WaDe03
10-18-2014, 07:43 PM
demar does get over looked though, because his fg% is low, isnt a great 3 shooter, and plays in canada
the numbers dont tell the whole story though
wes matthews is another guy at the 2 that gets over looked though

Forgot about Wes that's a good one too.

WaDe03
10-18-2014, 07:44 PM
PG: I'd go with Conley. His defense is just amazing, he's unselfish, passes the ball and can score. He's like Chauncey light, only better on D.
SG: Kevin Martin. This guy is great. When there is a great first option and he gets open, his shot is great.
SF: Iggy and Ariza are good options.
PF: Zach Randolph. Very reliable scorer and rebounder, and he really improved his passing game last year.
C: Jefferson. Dude got MVP votes and made the All-NBA team, but yet didn't get an All-Star spot? His defense is a little soft, but his offense is great.

Iggy and Ariza are also good ones I forgot about. Leaning more towards Ariza though.

Goose17
10-18-2014, 07:47 PM
- Rajon Rondo
- Kobe Bryant
- Carmelo Anthony
- Kevin Love
- Dwight Howard

...wait. what were we doing again?

abe_froman
10-18-2014, 07:52 PM
thomas/teague/rubio
afflalo/mathews/reddick
batum/g.green/mdjr
milsap/faried/a. johnson
jefferson/gortat/r. lopez

flea
10-18-2014, 07:59 PM
Conley
Korver
Iguodala
Johnson
Plumlee (either)

Kaner
10-18-2014, 08:09 PM
pg: Conley, it's ironic everyone's picking him here but he usually gets no recognition despite being the 2nd best player on a top 10 team. Honorable mention: Kyle Lowry, Ty Lawson

sg: Ginobili, per minute he's still a top 3 shooting guard in the nba and the best 2-way shooting guard. Honorable mention: Vince Carter, Jimmy Butler

sf: Paul Pierce, he didn't fall off as much last season as people think he did still does it all in spurts. Honorable mention: Nicholas Batum, Corey Brewer

pf: Paul Millsap, one of the best 2-way pf in the nba. Honorable Mention: David West, Amir Johnson

C: Al Jefferson, his defense improved alot last season and he's arguably the best offensive center in the nba like someone mentioned didn't even make the all-star game. Honorable Mention: Marc Gasol, Marcin Gortat

Munkeysuit
10-18-2014, 08:20 PM
PG - Mike Conley
SG - Wes Matthews
SF - Draymond Green
PF - Taj Gibson
C - Jordan Hill

Chronz
10-18-2014, 08:30 PM
CP3
The PLumlees
Prolly Dragic too.

albertajaysfan
10-18-2014, 09:18 PM
PG - Mike Conley
SG - Wes Matthews
SF - Draymond Green
PF - Taj Gibson
C - Jordan Hill

Never thought of Green. I like it.

albertajaysfan
10-18-2014, 09:20 PM
pg: Conley, it's ironic everyone's picking him here but he usually gets no recognition despite being the 2nd best player on a top 10 team. Honorable mention: Kyle Lowry, Ty Lawson

sg: Ginobili, per minute he's still a top 3 shooting guard in the nba and the best 2-way shooting guard. Honorable mention: Vince Carter, Jimmy Butler

sf: Paul Pierce, he didn't fall off as much last season as people think he did still does it all in spurts. Honorable mention: Nicholas Batum, Corey Brewer

pf: Paul Millsap, one of the best 2-way pf in the nba. Honorable Mention: David West, Amir Johnson

C: Al Jefferson, his defense improved alot last season and he's arguably the best offensive center in the nba like someone mentioned didn't even make the all-star game. Honorable Mention: Marc Gasol, Marcin Gortat

Pierce was most effective when he was playing the 4 in the Nets small ball lineup. I am not very optimistic with him playing the 3 for Washington. I just don't think he has the speed to keep up with most 3s anymore. His intelligence won't be as much of an advantage playing his traditional position in my opinion.

LanceUpperCut
10-19-2014, 10:52 PM
PG- Dragic
SG- Joe Johnson
SF- Batum
PF- Amir Johnson
C - Pekovic

Jarvo
10-19-2014, 11:08 PM
Thomas/ Rondo/ Dragic/ Conley/ Lillard
Matthews/ Derozan/ Jimmy Butler (Dont know if he plays SG or SF)
Green (GS)/ Iggy/ Batum
LMA/ Bosh/ Z-BO
Cousins/ Big AL/ Plumlee/ Gasol/ Nikola Vučević

mightybosstone
10-19-2014, 11:18 PM
PG Mike Conley
SG Goran Dragic
SF Nicolas Batum
PF Paul Millsap
C Al Jefferson

mrblisterdundee
10-20-2014, 12:36 AM