PDA

View Full Version : Expectations for Kobe Bryant in this upcoming season

jericho
10-17-2014, 02:39 PM
I know this is a really touchy subject because in one side we have poster that really just hate Kobe (myself included) and others that just love Kobe. Trying to put that aside what are your expectations of him coming into this season. Yes Kobe is Kobe, he has one of the best if not the best workethick (or how ever you spell that word) in the league. But at the same time he is 36yrs old and is coming from 2 major surgeries. Knowing all this what can you expect from Kobe? What stats you think he will average? Will he get injured again?

Hawkeye15
10-17-2014, 03:27 PM
I truthfully have no clue what to expect. If he can't regain some lift, he is dead in the water, but I also think he may recover some in the next month or so.

Gun to my head, I say 18 ppg, on league average efficiency.

jerellh528
10-17-2014, 03:41 PM
Who knows...he's not fully got his legs back yet but did drop 27 points in 27 mins last night, and that's with missing a slew of gimmes he normally makes and easy lay ins with not in the synch of things yet. He will probably be around 24, 6, 6 with average efficiency. Maybe still the best sg in the league

sixers247
10-17-2014, 03:42 PM
I hope not but i have a really bad feeling he gets hurt again.

IKnowHoops
10-17-2014, 03:52 PM
Extreme inefficiency and a detriment to his team winning games because of it. I think his inefficiency will be as bad for the team win total as the lack of talent on the team. I think if he decided to play team oriented b-ball, scoring about 12-16 pts a game he could be a great glue guy getting about 15-6-6 on 50% from the field and the team would win more games, but he's going to be gunning off, aiming at trying to get 25-30 a night, forcing up a lot of horrible shots shooting somewhere between 37-42%

jaydubb
10-17-2014, 03:58 PM
I don't hate kobe.. Quite the opposite actually even tho I've been kinda hard on him lately.. His superstar days are done in my opinion.. I think he can put up borderline all star worthy numbers tho. Something like 20, 5, 5.. If he puts up those numbers I'd be happy, but at same time if he only gets half that I wouldn't be surprised because he has just come off 2 major injuries that will slow his legs and honestly, I'm not really sure he can take going every other night like its no big deal like he used to..

I could see him doing fine at the beginning of the season and ware down towards the end of the season due to the tough NBA schedule..

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-17-2014, 04:31 PM
a mid - season trade request is my expectation

MonroeFAN
10-17-2014, 04:36 PM
We definitely needed another topic about this.

nickdymez
10-17-2014, 05:12 PM
8/3/2

Crackadalic
10-17-2014, 05:25 PM
He gets traded to a contender.

jericho
10-17-2014, 05:27 PM
We definitely needed another topic about this.

Idk know what you are talking about. The other threads are mostly bashing Kobe or to defend him. The other one is about his ranking on espn. This one is about what we are expecting to see from his performance in this upcoming season.

MonroeFAN
10-17-2014, 05:29 PM
How about no one cares? He averaged what last season, 10 PPG? We might as well be talking about Nick Young.

1 topic is enough for a has been. Feel
free to talk about Wade in said topic too.

P&GRealist
10-17-2014, 05:41 PM
Retirement

jericho
10-17-2014, 05:44 PM
How about no one cares? He averaged what last season, 10 PPG? We might as well be talking about Nick Young.

1 topic is enough for a has been. Feel
free to talk about Wade in said topic too.

While you might not care other people do. Your opinion doesn't make it the general opinion. We have countless of threads about Lebron and nobody argues about it. We have a lot of threads that are the same thread and nobody says a thing. So just because you don't want to talk about Kobe it doesn't make it the general thought on psd forum.

Goose17
10-18-2014, 11:43 AM
25/5/5 on about 42% from the field, 32% from deep, 80% from the line.

Roughly^

I expect him to play about 76/77 games, have one or two really inefficient 50 point games. A handful of clutch buzzer beaters. And the Lakers will finish about 13th.

That's IF he's healthy.

jerellh528
10-18-2014, 10:20 PM
Easily an all star and best sg in the league

Raps18-19 Champ
10-18-2014, 10:35 PM
22-24PPG, 4 RPG, 4APG on 42% shooting in 34 mins.

He's old but he's still good and will be a top 5 SG this season. Most likely top 2. His body will hold up probably.

WaDe03
10-19-2014, 12:36 PM
Second best SG behind Wade. All-NBA. I really hope he plays good if not then he should just retire he's already accomplished more than most players ever will.

On the other hand if he plays good I could see him signing another contract after this 2 year deal and going for 1st on the all time scoring list.

xxplayerxx23
10-19-2014, 12:42 PM
20-5-4 40% shooting

TheNumber37
10-19-2014, 01:37 PM
25, 5 and 5. He just can't produce anything less than that.

Lakes win about 30 games.

AIRMAR72
10-19-2014, 11:49 PM
I know this is a really touchy subject because in one side we have poster that really just hate Kobe (myself included) and others that just love Kobe. Trying to put that aside what are your expectations of him coming into this season. Yes Kobe is Kobe, he has one of the best if not the best workethick (or how ever you spell that word) in the league. But at the same time he is 36yrs old and is coming from 2 major surgeries. Knowing all this what can you expect from Kobe? What stats you think he will average? Will he get injured again?
13-15pg 3reb 2assists after the all-star break reality WILL hit kobe old tired body stats should decreased more whining and arguing with teammates Kobe Bryant would a distraction cause coach B.scott is old skool and WILL not tolerate kobe I wanna be like mike nonsense kobe will demand a trade the guy Kobe Bryant is FINISH

Redrum187
10-19-2014, 11:55 PM
23 points 5 reb 6 ast 45% fg, 33% 3pt, 85% ft

Jeffy25
10-20-2014, 03:02 AM
Can he jump?

If he can get up there still, and run the court with endurance, then I'd say 15-20 ppg, maybe 15-18 PER efficiency, and some more assists than in the past.

If he can't run and jump though, then he is done and this would be it for him. Just depends what he can do physically early on.

jerellh528
10-20-2014, 03:06 AM
Can he jump?

If he can get up there still, and run the court with endurance, then I'd say 15-20 ppg, maybe 15-18 PER efficiency, and some more assists than in the past.

If he can't run and jump though, then he is done and this would be it for him. Just depends what he can do physically early on.

You don't watch him play? How can you accurately even attempt to say what his stay line be if you don't een watch him enough to know if he can jump? Do you simply look at box scores and per?

slashsnake
10-20-2014, 03:08 AM
Can he jump?

I don't know... he's got that fadeaway and pump fake which looks like it could translate pretty well to old man game. Jordan couldn't really run and jump with Washington, and he was still good for 20+ a game there.

But impossible to tell until he does it. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes for 7 a game, and ends his career before the season is out. I wouldn't be surprised if he's top 3 in scoring this year. Well both would be on the edge of my possibilities... but that is the kind of range I'd see.

Jeffy25
10-20-2014, 03:27 AM
You don't watch him play? How can you accurately even attempt to say what his stay line be if you don't een watch him enough to know if he can jump? Do you simply look at box scores and per?

I love the knee-jerk hostility and sensitivity

You just said you don't even know

Who knows...he's not fully got his legs back yet but did drop 27 points in 27 mins last night, and that's with missing a slew of gimmes he normally makes and easy lay ins with not in the synch of things yet. He will probably be around 24, 6, 6 with average efficiency. Maybe still the best sg in the league

And I basically said the same thing Hawkeye said, and you didn't even respond to him.

Kobe is shooting 37% from the field and 69% from the free-throw line in the pre-season and absolutely looks slow on the court right now. Giving him 17.4 PPG while playing 25.6 MPG

This would give him 24.5 PPG per 36 minutes played, but it would also mean he was taking 23 shots per 36 minutes and getting to the free throw line 10 times per 36 minutes.

That would have him taking more shots than anyone else in the league, and still not being able to score with the league leaders.

It's just pre-season, and he has no reason to push it any harder than he needs to get his reps in. But he looks sluggish out there, but I dunno, how does Kobe look to you?
http://deadspin.com/alec-burks-crosses-over-kobe-bryant-likely-earns-kobes-1648316952

I don't doubt that Kobe isn't 100% yet, but to have any idea how he'll perform, he has to be fully healthy. And we just don't know that status yet, so I put a shot in the dark prediction based on where I think his base-line could be. Much like you and Hawkeye did.

We'll see if this changes in the coming months. Bu

likemystylez
10-20-2014, 10:35 AM
He gets traded to a contender.

problem is- if hes gonna go to a contender- the contender would have to give away 2 big pieces to bring in a 36 yr old coming off 2 serious injuries...... and if kobe gets injured again when he gets traded (which is definitely a possible scenerio)- then that contender just threw away their chance at contention for a long time.

For people who think a contender can just throw a bunch of garbage in a trade and come back with kobe bryant.... in this cba- contending teams dont have 25 million in garbage on their payroll

likemystylez
10-20-2014, 10:36 AM
Easily an all star and best sg in the league

wouldnt say easily- klay thompson ripped him a new one last week- and klay is probably number 4 or 5

likemystylez
10-20-2014, 10:39 AM
Can he jump?

this is around where he should be to help the lakers.... id say not more than 21 or 22ppg and making people around him better. Id like to see his efficiency up around 18-20.

Unfortunately, I think hes capable of doing something along those lines- but he is going to feel the need to prove all the poles wrong and show that he can be an elite scorer....and while getting his 26 or 27 a game he will either get himself hurt or completely stunt the growth of the lakers young players while making the team not competitive now or in the next couple yrs.

koreancabbage
10-20-2014, 12:22 PM
that crossover on Kobe by Burks. :drool::drool:

Tony_Starks
10-20-2014, 04:27 PM
Kobe easily dropped 27 and 25 the last couple games on limited minutes. And he was dropping 3's from deep which tells me he's getting his legs back. Also he was getting to hole and to the line.

25-5-6. FG% will go up as the season goes along and he gets stronger.....

Avenged
10-20-2014, 08:00 PM
I expect him to get injured. Nothing too major but enough to hurt the lakers to not even have a fighting chance at the 8th spot. Whatever little chance they even have

beasted86
10-21-2014, 12:51 PM
I expect 22 PPG, 42% FG, 32% 3PT, 4 AST, 4 REB if he remains healthy. His defense hasn't looked good and it won't improve, and he has always been a streak outside shooter. I expect him to take even more 3s and long jumpers than usual which will lead to an even further slide in FG%.

He could put up better number if the Lakers had legit 3PT shooters, same way I feel about Wade. But both teams will rely too heavily on their streaky PGs (Lin + Chalmers) for 3s and it will be their downfall.

jerellh528
10-22-2014, 04:22 PM
With this dreadful roster, it's easy to think kobe will once again be overworked to the brink of injury once more. I hope Byron plays him Duncan style minutes

SportsFanatic10
10-22-2014, 04:32 PM
with the laker's current roster kobe will be firing away, and i think he'll still be pretty good based on how he's looked so far this preseason. i'm gonna guess he'll have a statline something like 24/4/4 on about 44% shooting.

Jamiecballer
10-22-2014, 08:30 PM
25.5 ppg, 4.3 APG, 38% fg