PDA

View Full Version : 7th Annual PSD Player Rankings #4 PF In The NBA? (Volume: VII)

Mile High Champ
10-17-2014, 12:35 PM
Hey guys, It is that time of year again! Once again we kick of the PSD NBA Off-Season Player Rankings. This is the 7th year I have done this on PSD and it typically always makes for good deabte and often initates terrific discussion. Consider that when these polls first began, the likes of Baron Davis and Devin Harris were cracking these polls. Which player will you rank high this year that may get some raised eyebrows as the years pass by? Only time will tell. Please keep things civil and discuss who you feel is most fitting and deserving of being voted in each poll.

A lot has changed since last season. Tim Duncan and the San Antonio Spurs are NBA champions for the 5th time after getting some revenge for their finals loss last season to the Heat. We could be looking at the end of the big 3 era.

Let start the discussion since lots has changed since the start of last season. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round. I have also included the results of those last 6 years so everyone can see how much things have changed...Enjoy.

For a player to be eligible for this years poll, they must of played in a minimum of 10 games.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best. Though we do recognize that some voters will vote based solely on potential and others by last years numbers.

2014 Off-Season PSD PF Rankings
1) Blake Griffin
2) Kevin Love
3) Anthony Davis
4)
5)

2013 Off-Season PSD PF Rankings

1) Kevin Love
2) Blake Griffin
3) Dirk Nowitzki
4) LaMarcus Aldridge
5) Kevin Garnett
6) David Lee
7) Zach Randolph
8) Pau Gasol
9) David West
10) Serge Ibaka

2012 Off-Season PSD PF Rankings

1) Kevin Love
2) Dirk Nowitzki
3) LaMarcus Aldridge
4) Chris Bosh
5) Pau Gasol
6) Blake Griffin
7) Josh Smith
8) Zach Randolph
9) Amare Stoudemire
10) Paul Millsap

2011 Off-Season PF Rankings

1) Dirk Nowitzki
2) Amare Stoudemire
3) Pau Gasol
4) Zach Randolph
5) Chris Bosh
6) LaMarcus Aldridge
7) Kevin Love
8) Blake Griffin
9) Kevin Garnett
10) Josh Smith

2010 Off-Season PF Rankings

1) Pau Gasol
2) Dirk Nowitzki
3) Tim Duncan
4) Chris Bosh
5) Amare Stoudemire
6) Carlos Boozer
7) Kevin Garnett
8) Josh Smith
9) David Lee
10) Zach Randolph

2009 Off-Season PF Rankings

1) Tim Duncan
2) Kevin Garnett
3) Dirk Nowitzki
4) Chris Bosh
5) Amare Stoudemire
6) Pau Gasol
7) Carlos Boozer
8) Antawn Jamison
9) Rashard Lewis
10) David West

2008 Off-Season PF rankings

1) Tim Duncan
2) Kevin Garnett
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Chris Bosh
5) Dirk Nowitzki
6) Elton Brand
7) Carlos Boozer
8) Pau Gasol
9) Antawn Jamison
10) David West

sixers247
10-17-2014, 12:46 PM
Gotta go with the man picked after my sixers picked Larry Hughes :facepalm:

nycericanguy
10-17-2014, 03:10 PM
Dirk takes this...

chi-townlove1
10-17-2014, 03:12 PM
If Duncan isn't being considered then Pau or LMA.

YAALREADYKNO
10-17-2014, 03:13 PM
Pau or LMA.

u serious?

chi-townlove1
10-17-2014, 03:14 PM
Of course I'm serious. Probably lamarcus here

FraziersKnicks
10-17-2014, 03:19 PM
Going with LA here

AllBall
10-17-2014, 04:48 PM
LMA and I expect an even better performance this season.

nycericanguy
10-17-2014, 05:39 PM
LMA is a guy that when your team plays POR... you're not really afraid of him, if anything you WANT him taking those 18 foot jumpers all game.

Dirk on the other hand, scares you, from anywhere on the floor.

I'm surprised people think LMA is better than Dirk... maybe he surpasses him next year because Dirk declines, but last year and right now, no way is LMA better.

SPURSFAN1
10-17-2014, 07:11 PM
Where is Tim Duncan? Would have taken him number 1, but they have more inferior players on this list. Won't even be voting.

valade16
10-18-2014, 12:57 AM
LMA is a guy that when your team plays POR... you're not really afraid of him, if anything you WANT him taking those 18 foot jumpers all game.

I'm surprised people think LMA is better than Dirk... maybe he surpasses him next year because Dirk declines, but last year and right now, no way is LMA better.

You should tell that to the Rockets. They seemed unafraid right until LMA dropped like 90 pts in 2 games lol.

valade16
10-18-2014, 01:00 AM
Where is Tim Duncan? Would have taken him number 1, but they have more inferior players on this list. Won't even be voting.

I'm pretty sure Duncan has been voted as a C like the last 3 years.

FlashBolt
10-18-2014, 01:08 AM

I know you're clueless about pretty much everything but Duncan has been labeled as a center by PSD for the past four years. Might do you some help if you actually LOOKED into the situation instead of barging in ready to proclaim Duncan as the best PF.. or whatever else you have to say. Let me guess, you think Splitter is the best center..

Exactly. Dirk's presence on the court is just demoralizing for other teams. He hasn't slowed down one bit. LaMarcus is a better rebounder because he plays closer to the basket than Dirk but there is absolutely no way I can put LA over Dirk strictly because of rebounds. Dirk is the better scorer, passer, and he's a proven player. Defense is pretty much even since neither of them are great defenders. I just don't see how LA has an advantage over Dirk.

IgglesFanInCO
10-18-2014, 02:02 AM
gotta be LMA for me here

would love to see Faried as an option soon, I think he has at least a case for the back end of this list

Goose17
10-18-2014, 02:19 AM
I know you're clueless about pretty much everything but Duncan has been labeled as a center by PSD for the past four years. Might do you some help if you actually LOOKED into the situation instead of barging in ready to proclaim Duncan as the best PF.. or whatever else you have to say. Let me guess, you think Splitter is the best center..

Exactly. Dirk's presence on the court is just demoralizing for other teams. He hasn't slowed down one bit. LaMarcus is a better rebounder because he plays closer to the basket than Dirk but there is absolutely no way I can put LA over Dirk strictly because of rebounds. Dirk is the better scorer, passer, and he's a proven player. Defense is pretty much even since neither of them are great defenders. I just don't see how LA has an advantage over Dirk.

Defense isn't even. LMA wins that category. He's at least a decent defender. Dirk doesn't play defense.

Redrum187
10-18-2014, 02:26 AM
LMA is pretty damn inefficient. It's quite sad that Dirk might get robbed.

SPURSFAN1
10-18-2014, 07:03 AM

Let me guess, you don't actually watch the spurs. Tiago is our center. TD is our PF who can play center. You are becoming more mental every month.

THE MTL
10-18-2014, 07:14 AM

You must have missed the playoffs lol.

Goose17
10-18-2014, 07:16 AM
I don't know if Duncan is truly a C or a PF. All I know is he's the best big the game has seen. Position is irrelevant.

nycericanguy
10-18-2014, 10:20 AM
You must have missed the playoffs lol.

Those back to back 40 point games have blinded a lot of people I think. Yea he had two great games, but put things in perspective. He played 81 minutes in those 2 games and took 59 shots!

How about the 2 back to back games against the Spurs where he shot 15 for 46!

He averaged 26ppg in the playoffs in over 40 mpg, but he took 23 shots a game to get those points, that's worse than JR smith type efficiency.

valade16
10-18-2014, 11:13 AM
Those back to back 40 point games have blinded a lot of people I think. Yea he had two great games, but put things in perspective. He played 81 minutes in those 2 games and took 59 shots!

How about the 2 back to back games against the Spurs where he shot 15 for 46!

He averaged 26ppg in the playoffs in over 40 mpg, but he took 23 shots a game to get those points, that's worse than JR smith type efficiency.

89 pts on 59 shots is not bad lol. He shot 59% in those games.

nycericanguy
10-18-2014, 11:26 AM
89 pts on 59 shots is not bad lol. He shot 59% in those games.

I didn't say it was bad, I said those were two great games.

My point was, you give any scorer 40+mpg and 30 shots a game, and they are going to score a TON of points. Especially when the games were scoring in the 120's.

But outside of those 2 games he averaged like 22 points on 22 shots and 40% in the playoffs.

Allphakenny1
10-18-2014, 02:30 PM
LMA wins this poll. No need for #5, Nowitzki will win in a landslide. Now on to #6

YAALREADYKNO
10-18-2014, 06:04 PM
Dirk is still the 2nd greatest PF of alltime behind only Duncan tho

FlashBolt
10-18-2014, 10:55 PM
Let me guess, you don't actually watch the spurs. Tiago is our center. TD is our PF who can play center. You are becoming more mental every month.

Can you read? When did I say Tim Duncan wasn't a PF who can play center? I said PSD has been labeling him as a center the past four seasons now. Learn to read and come back when you can count ABC's, please. You're right, I don't watch the Spurs.. But you apparently, don't either. You have zero arguments in debates and when someone takes their time to educate you, you stop responding. Pretty much pointless engaging in a discussion with you.

WaDe03
10-19-2014, 12:22 PM
If Duncan isn't being considered then Pau or LMA.

Lol at Pau.