PDA

View Full Version : Brook Lopez out 2 weeks With Foot Sprain

beasted86
10-16-2014, 10:03 PM
Just got it on the NBA Gametime App

Also another source:
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/11713603/brook-lopez-brooklyn-nets-soft-tissue-injury-foot-miss-two-weeks

The Nets said Thursday that Lopez suffered "a mild right midfoot sprain" after being stepped on during the first quarter of the Nets' preseason game against Sacramento on Wednesday.

"X-ray and CT scan studies done Thursday in New York reveal no fractures or bone injuries," Nets medical director Dr. Riley Williams II said in a statement. "Brook has been diagnosed with a mild midfoot sprain and is likely to be out for approximately 10-14 days."

Lopez's health is a major key to the Nets' season. The 7-footer has missed 134 games over the last three seasons. He played in just 17 games last season after suffering a season-ending injury to his right foot on Dec. 20 in Philadelphia.

This guy seems to have a history of these foot injuries, I hope he doesn't have a career trajectory of Yao Ming

jericho
And Brooke Lopez just got injured. Who won the bet? Who had preseason?

goingfor28
Shocker

jericho
10-16-2014, 10:04 PM
Damn it! You beat me to it :(

GiantsSwaGG
10-16-2014, 10:06 PM
And it begins

xbrackattackx
10-16-2014, 10:08 PM
Was it his surgery foot?

ohreally
10-16-2014, 10:30 PM
Was it his surgery foot?

Yes. They are saying mild sprain, no fracture or bone bruise, but ...

GiantsSwaGG
10-16-2014, 10:35 PM
They still have Mason Plumlee who's good, so if Lopez misses time the Nets should be fine IMO

xxplayerxx23
10-16-2014, 10:38 PM
Nets look fantastic. Sucks lopez can't stay healthy such a good scorer for a big man

P&GRealist
10-16-2014, 10:39 PM
DWill and Lopez are made of glass and can't seem to stay healthy, Pierce is gone, this is KG's last season. Joe JOhnson is good but nowhere near what he's getting paid, probably a good 2nd option at best.

Where are the Nets going? Seriously...

DarkKnight
10-16-2014, 10:39 PM
is he made of straw ??

ohreally
10-16-2014, 10:43 PM
They still have Mason Plumlee who's good, so if Lopez misses time the Nets should be fine IMO

Plumlee is good. But Brook's offense opens up the outside shots and even frees up the passing.

Still a good team with Brook out, but definitely better with him. I hope they're right that this is just a minor sprain.

FriedTofuz
10-16-2014, 10:46 PM
Wow already.

GiantsSwaGG
10-16-2014, 10:52 PM
Plumlee is good. But Brook's offense opens up the outside shots and even frees up the passing.

Still a good team with Brook out, but definitely better with him. I hope they're right that this is just a minor sprain.

Yeah but I still like the Nets with Plumlee. You guys are deep as **** (pause) lol

Dade County
10-16-2014, 11:47 PM
They should trade him to Miami :nod: (after December 14).

AddiX
10-16-2014, 11:50 PM
DWill and Lopez are made of glass and can't seem to stay healthy, Pierce is gone, this is KG's last season. Joe JOhnson is good but nowhere near what he's getting paid, probably a good 2nd option at best.

Where are the Nets going? Seriously...

Why you think kidd hauled *** out of there?

If kidd forces his way out you know your team is about to bottom out.

benzni
10-17-2014, 12:01 AM
going to be a miserable season if he gets injured long term again.

Crackadalic
10-17-2014, 02:03 AM
Thats why i think they need to trade him asap.

Captain Moroni
10-17-2014, 01:02 PM
ouch, something tells me this will be longer than 14 days.

sixers247
10-17-2014, 01:07 PM
Here we go again, same old **** dog just a different day

http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqk4ojXxtr1r26d2no1_1280.jpg

MonroeFAN
10-17-2014, 01:08 PM
Is there a team more depressing than the Nets?

Seizabmc
10-17-2014, 11:00 PM
I can't wait until next month when I come on here and read the title

D will sprains his ankle, out 4-6 weeks.

I swear d will and Lopez are the two most over rated players at there positions in the league.

There never healthy.
So you can't even see them play long enough to rate them.

The nets are washed up!

Chill_Will_24
10-18-2014, 12:48 AM
Eh apparently he's fine. More precautionary than anything. Let's see how it holds up through the rigors of the season with Hollins saying his minutes will not be limited.

To the guy that said Brook is overrated I disagree. I'm not as high on him as most Nets fans but I've come to reassess my opinion of him. He's possibly the best scoring C in the game. He is highly efficient for such a high USG% ,he protects the rim very well, he gets opponents in foul trouble relatively easy, he doesn't rebound well statistically but that's because instead of padding his REB numbers he prefers to box out opponents. His OFF REB numbers are good. So overall I think if anything he is underrated. Overpaid because of his injury woes hell yes but definitely a player that causes opposing teams huge issues when he plays

My biggest gripe with his play is that he has built terrible habits through his years of playing with crap. Too often he holds the ball too long and he has a tendency to have tunnel vision. He is a horrible passer off double teams too which he draws so often. I doubt Hollins will be able to use him like Gasol since Gasol has amazing IQ and Lopez imo does not. I do however retain hope that Hollins will help Lopez get to another level

He's also a really nice guy. Comic book nerd, who never has anything bad to say, is extremely approachable and today he HUGGED trainer Tim Walsh in happiness when he found out his foot was fine and it was just a sprain. So I wish people would lay off the kid. I've been harsh on him myself

DoMeFavors
10-18-2014, 01:00 AM
People on this website just dont seem to understand logic behind basketball moves, Brook Lopez remains on the roster because he is probably the most talented center since Shaq on the offensive end. His postgame moves are near flawless and if Nets put him on trade block I can guarantee all 29 teams call, you dont give up a near flawless player because of a few minor setbacks. He DOES have trouble rebounding and doesnt really point much effort into grabbing them, but it does not matter since he is going to give you 20 ppg on over 50% fg every single night.

I dont say this about many players and am not saying it just because he is a Net, he is up there with Hakeem in his post offense moves, the dude is a joy to watch every single night. There are 2 players I would trade Brook for that is LeBron and Durant. The dude cannot be stopped most nights last few yrs he played only 30 minutes a game and there are no centers that can lock him up.

koreancabbage
10-18-2014, 01:06 AM
People on this website just dont seem to understand logic behind basketball moves, Brook Lopez remains on the roster because he is probably the most talented center since Shaq on the offensive end. His postgame moves are near flawless and if Nets put him on trade block I can guarantee all 29 teams call, you dont give up a near flawless player because of a few minor setbacks. He DOES have trouble rebounding and doesnt really point much effort into grabbing them, but it does not matter since he is going to give you 20 ppg on over 50% fg every single night.

I dont say this about many players and am not saying it just because he is a Net, he is up there with Hakeem in his post offense moves, the dude is a joy to watch every single night. There are 2 players I would trade Brook for that is LeBron and Durant. The dude cannot be stopped most nights last few yrs he played only 30 minutes a game and there are no centers that can lock him up.

cept noone would trade Lebron or Durant for Lopez. talk about overrating a player, when ChillWill says that Lopez is not overrated... but then you step in.

DoMeFavors
10-18-2014, 01:13 AM
cept noone would trade Lebron or Durant for Lopez. talk about overrating a player, when ChillWill says that Lopez is not overrated... but then you step in.

This is why I dont come to this site anymore, instead of responding to my post you come at me in a condescending way and make me look foolish to writing on a post that took time to get a response like that. I have been watching basketball for a LONG long LONG time and am very careful on who I talk up and Brook is worthy of what I said. Brook Lopez is a ****** stud and deserves every ounce of respect gone his way.

koreancabbage
10-18-2014, 01:17 AM
This is why I dont come to this site anymore, instead of responding to my post you come at me in a condescending way and make me look foolish to writing on a post that took time to get a response like that. I have been watching basketball for a LONG long LONG time and am very careful on who I talk up and Brook is worthy of what I said. Brook Lopez is a ****** stud and deserves every ounce of respect gone his way.

stud with a bad foot. he's damaged goods buddy. he might be offensively gifted but Yao Ming was more dominant than Brook Lopez will probably ever be. Brook Lopez doesn't play a complete game.

you alluded to him not rebounding... which is a big red flag for a big man.

thus- not good enough to be traded 1:1 for Lebron or Durant - who effects the entire game in every aspect.

DoMeFavors
10-18-2014, 01:20 AM
stud with a bad foot. he's damaged goods buddy. he might be offensively gifted but Yao Ming was more dominant than Brook Lopez will probably ever be. Brook Lopez doesn't play a complete game.

thus- not good enough to be traded 1:1 for Lebron or Durant - who effects the entire game in every aspect.

Yao Ming was 7 feet 6 and got every call thanks to NBA trying to make money and make it seem so great for China.

ghettosean
10-18-2014, 01:28 AM
Is there a team more depressing than the Nets?

Prokhorov must be thinking what could possibly happen next

Goose17
10-18-2014, 02:30 AM
Most dominant offensive center since Shaq? Really?

Goose17
10-18-2014, 02:31 AM
And did someone really just compare Brook to Hakeem? :laugh:

DoMeFavors
10-18-2014, 02:34 AM

I dont think I ever compared them, Hakeem is one of the top players to ever play. In a sense of low post scoring.

Chill_Will_24
10-18-2014, 03:01 AM

Anyone that still takes DMF seriously on this site deserves to get trolled. There are about 20 players I would gladly trade Lopez for without including the obvious ones. Lopez may be a great offensive talent but his game is nowhere near flawless. He can't pass and he has terrible bb iq

I however have to let you know his rebounding is not as bad as people and even I myself previously thought. He boxes out so his teammates can get the boards. Not a good rebounder by a long stretch but definitely not terrible

Vampirate
10-18-2014, 11:50 AM
The Nets have to prove they can win with Brook before anyone can call his blessings.

omdigga
10-18-2014, 01:08 PM
they should call him Crook Lopez.. for stealing Nets fans dreams..

Sadds The Gr8
10-18-2014, 02:08 PM
He's glass. Doubt Brooklyn makes playoffs if he plays less than 50 games

waveycrockett
10-18-2014, 02:30 PM
Why you think kidd hauled *** out of there?

If kidd forces his way out you know your team is about to bottom out.

Kidd never hauled *** he tried to hijack the franchise and was then exiled to basketball siberia for his efforts

Hawkeye15
10-18-2014, 03:08 PM
Its unfortunate. Once a 7 footers feet start going, it usually spells the end of his career at some point. I am hoping Lopez can get some all star seasons before his feet give out on him. But its never a good thing to have these foot injuries so early for big men.

IDunknown
10-18-2014, 03:23 PM

I dont think I ever compared them, Hakeem is one of the top players to ever play. In a sense of low post scoring.

You absolutely did! You wrote that he has the post moves of Hakeem.:D
He does have a nice jump shot though.

Chill_Will_24
10-18-2014, 04:19 PM
He's glass. Doubt Brooklyn makes playoffs if he plays less than 50 games

Lol they did last year and all they lost from that squad is Pierce who everyone said was washed up and old, Livingston who provided nothing offensively and Blatche who only played well for Avery.

Those players were replaced with an equal if slightly worse Bogdanovic, a better player in Jarret Jack, and an improved Plumlee

I don't see where we lost enough to miss the playoffs in the weak east.

Also Deron has looked great. Much quicker and explosive than last year after his surgery.

The Nets will make the playoffs.

Chill_Will_24
10-18-2014, 04:22 PM
Its unfortunate. Once a 7 footers feet start going, it usually spells the end of his career at some point. I am hoping Lopez can get some all star seasons before his feet give out on him. But its never a good thing to have these foot injuries so early for big men. Yup I agree. I was hoping the Nets would turn him into an asset after a healthy season and trade him to get a head start towards a proper rebuild but after this latest set back I know that won't happen. The aura around him is "huge risk" so nobody will take him

It doesn't help that he's tough to build around

0nekhmer
10-18-2014, 05:08 PM
As a raptors fan, I am not happy at all about this, I was looking forward to the Nets vs Raptors games again.

Chill_Will_24
10-18-2014, 05:30 PM
As a raptors fan, I am not happy at all about this, I was looking forward to the Nets vs Raptors games again.

It's ok. We didn't need him to spank that *** and reports are he's gonna be ready for opening night with no restrictions so you can keep looking forward to those games

Vampirate
10-18-2014, 10:37 PM
It's ok. We didn't need him to spank that *** and reports are he's gonna be ready for opening night with no restrictions so you can keep looking forward to those games

Are you dissing the Raptors or providing some kind of bdsm message?