PDA

View Full Version : Will the Knicks contend for a championship this year?

%%%%
10-16-2014, 12:10 AM
With a fresh coach (Derek Fisher) and a fresh contract for Carmella Anthony, The Knicks are looking good.

Do you think they have a chance in a relatively open Eastern Conference 2015?

goingfor28
10-16-2014, 12:14 AM
0%, they won't even make the playoffs imo

deaner
10-16-2014, 12:30 AM
It's hip to be square. The triangle will be mocked with that roster executing it.

mrblisterdundee
10-16-2014, 12:30 AM
I just reported this thread for baiting an argument. Nobody's seriously talking about New York contending this year.

BIG worm
10-16-2014, 12:32 AM
Troll thread.

DaBear
10-16-2014, 12:36 AM
lol

%%%%
10-16-2014, 12:38 AM
I just reported this thread for baiting an argument. Nobody's seriously talking about New York contending this year.

I live in New York, and I haven't followed the off-season closely. I legitimately want to know if they'll make it; I've been rooting for them since I was a kid.

I remember 2 years ago they won over 55 games, so they're not as bad as they were 10 years ago.

No trolling here.

FriedTofuz
10-16-2014, 01:16 AM
Lol at people saying this is a troll thread. If you've been reading the posts from knick fans, many of them are saying the same thing, so are you guys going to say that knick fans are all trolls? cus many of their arguments for why they could contend are the following:

-The Triangle Offense
-Phil Jackson
-Melo is the best player in the Atlantic Division
-Shumpert is Amazing
-Jose Calderon is good pg
-Bargs and Amare will be healthy
-The knicks have Frontcout Depth
-The knicks won 54 games two years ago
-The Knicks just had bad coaching last year from woody, the same coach that won them 54 games
-Knicks were injured last year.
- The East is Wide Open.

Every knick fan has, at one point said one of these reasons. The OP has mentioned two of them as well, so if you think and consider that as trolling then I guess every Knick fan is a troll by that logic.

FriedTofuz
10-16-2014, 01:18 AM
And to people reporting the OP, His join date is 2012. It's not like he created an account specifically to troll. Use your judgement before you say irrational things :laugh2:

amos1er
10-16-2014, 01:19 AM
Depends on if they make a blockbuster trade at the deadline. As currently constructed... Not likely.

SoggyTofuz
10-16-2014, 01:22 AM
And to people reporting the OP, His join date is 2012. It's not like he created an account specifically to troll. Use your judgement before you say irrational things :laugh2:

Im pretty sure this account was made to troll you though but seriously the Knicks can realistically make the playoffs. After Cleveland, Chicago, Miami, Toronto and Washington, any team in the east besides Philly and Milwaukee can realistically make the playoffs.

FriedTofuz
10-16-2014, 01:37 AM
]Im pretty sure this account was made to troll you t[/B]hough but seriously the Knicks can realistically make the playoffs. After Cleveland, Chicago, Miami, Toronto and Washington, any team in the east besides Philly and Milwaukee can realistically make the playoffs.

You mean yours? ;)
I dont think it's that realistic, the east has gotten better, there are quite a few teams who id say are a lock for making the playoffs

Cleveland
Chicago
Washington
Brooklyn
Toronto
Charolette
Miami
Atlanta

Each of those teams has at least one all star player and quality players.
Detroit, Indiana would be the next favourites to make the playoffs next to the KNicks.

Crackadalic
10-16-2014, 03:20 AM
Show me one Knick fan that said we are title contenders this year.

I'm in the minority who thinks we are a bubble playoff team at best with enough to make a run for the Division
Then there are those who think we can win 50+ games

But I haven't met one that said we are title contenders. Its a troll thread

pebloemer
10-16-2014, 04:06 AM
I understand that Toronto fans and New York fans have large fan bases on PSD but there are far too many threads focusing on Atlantic Division teams (especially since it is the worst division in basketball). I'm not suggesting the OP intended this as a bait thread, but the odds are it will become a bait/troll/homerism thread.

P&GRealist
10-16-2014, 04:32 AM
No.

Rockice_8
10-16-2014, 09:04 AM
OP can cover it up all he wants but this is a giant troll thread.

At worst I've seen some Knicks fans say they can win the division. I feel that is extremely unlikely but that's what the offseason is for, optimism. As homer as some Knicks fans can be I have yet to see any of them claiming contender. The majority of their fanbase think playoffs or fringe playoffs with a minority thinking possible division.

Too easy to pile on them here so it's clearly a troll thread and I'd be the first to pile on when one of their fans are talking nonsense.

Lets just leave it at this. Most know where they truly stand as a fringe playoff team.

GiantsSwaGG
10-16-2014, 09:05 AM
Nope

ManningToTyree
10-16-2014, 09:21 AM
Troll thread. No Knicks fans on here have said that they can contend for a title this season. If you are going to make that accusation back it up or you look like a fool.

Most of us think low playoff seed is feasible and a few think the division is doable. I don't see it but the division is awful.

Burkey3472
10-16-2014, 09:42 AM
There are two true contenders right now in the East with no trades that happen. Those teams are Cleveland and Chicago (with a major outside chance of the Wizards making a run). The Knicks need a major trade (which they don't have major assets to compete for a title).

NYKnickFanatic
10-16-2014, 10:05 AM
:laugh2:

colinskik
10-16-2014, 10:09 AM
Lol at people saying this is a troll thread. If you've been reading the posts from knick fans, many of them are saying the same thing, so are you guys going to say that knick fans are all trolls? cus many of their arguments for why they could contend are the following:

-The Triangle Offense
-Phil Jackson
-Melo is the best player in the Atlantic Division
-Shumpert is Amazing
-Jose Calderon is good pg
-Bargs and Amare will be healthy
-The knicks have Frontcout Depth
-The knicks won 54 games two years ago
-The Knicks just had bad coaching last year from woody, the same coach that won them 54 games
-Knicks were injured last year.
- The East is Wide Open.

Every knick fan has, at one point said one of these reasons. The OP has mentioned two of them as well, so if you think and consider that as trolling then I guess every Knick fan is a troll by that logic.

Yes, all of the reasons you stated are why the Knicks will be better this year, have a good chance of making the playoffs, and if everything goes their way win the Atlantic division. No Knick fan has ever gone as far as to say they will win the chip, so hop off. You're the true troll here.

ohreally
10-16-2014, 06:32 PM
Haven't we been here and done this? Over and over and over again. Enough already.

Legitimate
10-16-2014, 06:34 PM
I say yes, Carmelo Anthony will win mvp and jr smith will win 6 man of the year :D

xxplayerxx23
10-16-2014, 06:38 PM
63 wins and a title for sure to answer your question

smith&wesson
10-16-2014, 06:56 PM
Any team with Calderon and Bargnani on it is doomed, No D = no success in this league.

I think JR Smith would be a great tank comander..

SeoulBeatz
10-16-2014, 06:57 PM
Everybody's bashing the Knicks but truthfully they should make the playoffs and if everything clicks they have the potential to be a top 3-6 seed.

But with all the new pieces, new coach, new system, I'm anticipating some growing pains. I still don't like the way the roster is currently constructed but they have a chance to prove people wrong.

I'd like to reiterate, preseason is meaningless, I'm becoming annoyed with how many people in this forum are overreacting because of preseason shortcomings or overachievements. So many Kobe/Lebron hate threads back and forth... ffs wake me up when the regular season starts.

todu82
10-16-2014, 07:06 PM
Nope.

FriedTofuz
10-16-2014, 07:43 PM
Yes, all of the reasons you stated are why the Knicks will be better this year, have a good chance of making the playoffs, and if everything goes their way win the Atlantic division. No Knick fan has ever gone as far as to say they will win the chip, so hop off. You're the true troll here.

I never said the knicks would contend for a ship. :facepalm:

FriedTofuz
10-16-2014, 07:44 PM
Bargnani and Calderon on the same team will result in top 10 worst defensive teams in the NBA. if the knicks make the playoffs, it'll be the 8th seed and they'll get swept by Chicago/Cleveland.

deaner
10-16-2014, 08:03 PM
Any team with Calderon and Bargnani on it is doomed, No D = no success in this league.

I think JR Smith would be a great tank comander..

Oh wait.... do they have a pick?

DubbyDubbs
10-16-2014, 08:04 PM
I live in New York, and I haven't followed the off-season closely. I legitimately want to know if they'll make it; I've been rooting for them since I was a kid.

I remember 2 years ago they won over 55 games, so they're not as bad as they were 10 years ago.

No trolling here.

Perhaps to make it less obvious that this is a troll thread (it 100% is) you could have spelled the one and only star player's name on the team you've "rooted for since you were a kid" correctly. "Carmella" Anthony is a dead giveaway that you're trolling... As if the nature of the thread and the question at hand already wasn't.

FriedTofuz
10-16-2014, 08:15 PM
Knicks are tanking this year, it's the only year where they havent given away a pick.