PDA

View Full Version : Can Lebron average 20/10/10 this year?

IKnowHoops
10-14-2014, 09:06 PM
The Cavs have so many guys who can score this year. I could see Brons scoring taking a serious dip this year based on his unselfish play when he know guys will knock down shots. I just think the Cavs are to talented from a scoring aspect for Bron to average his normal 27pts. I could easily see him averaging 23-24 pts this year. But if he becomes super unselfish and really concentrates on getting other guys going, I could see him getting 9-11 assets per game.

jaydubb
10-14-2014, 09:07 PM
No

goingfor28
10-14-2014, 09:07 PM
No

IKnowHoops
10-14-2014, 09:12 PM
I could see Bron adjusting his game to his situation and shifting the emphasis of his game away from scoring all the while still being the most dominant player. 20/10/10 could be the stat line that results from him shifting emphasis of his game from scoring to being that all around player who does everything well.

rocket
10-14-2014, 09:12 PM
If he really wanted to, he could.

Jamiecballer
10-14-2014, 09:16 PM
Probably 20, 8, 7.5

Yanks All Day
10-14-2014, 09:16 PM
No way he gets 10 rebounds a game with Varejao, Love, and Thompson as his front court. I think that's the reason for leaning out. He doesn't have to go fight for rebounds anymore like he did with Miami. He'll focus more on his perimeter game again. He certainly could average 25 and 10 assists, though. Lots of offensive firepower.

mngopher35
10-14-2014, 10:16 PM
No way he gets 10 rebounds a game with Varejao, Love, and Thompson as his front court. I think that's the reason for leaning out. He doesn't have to go fight for rebounds anymore like he did with Miami. He'll focus more on his perimeter game again. He certainly could average 25 and 10 assists, though. Lots of offensive firepower.

I agree about the rebounds, that was my first thought as well. I see him more as a 22/9/6 type of player this year but we will see I guess.

mightybosstone
10-14-2014, 10:39 PM

I agree about the rebounds, that was my first thought as well. I see him more as a 22/9/6 type of player this year but we will see I guess.
x3. I could feasibly see him getting the 10 assists, especially in an offense with elite scorers and 3-point shooters like he'll have in Cleveland. But the rebounds would be damn near impossible on this team. Not only is he going to be playing a lot less PF than he did in Miami, but Love and Varejao are both top 10 rebounders in this league and Thompson is also above average on the glass.

I'm expecting something along the lines of a hyper efficient 26/8/6 this season.

flea
10-14-2014, 10:48 PM
I think he starts his decline. 24/6/5 with 3 turnovers.

Dade County
10-14-2014, 10:52 PM
Lbj can do whatever he wants on the basketball court.

goingfor28
10-14-2014, 10:54 PM
Like shove MKG to the floor and it's a foul on MKG :laugh2:

Kashmir13579
10-14-2014, 10:57 PM
I could see it happening.

Hawkeye15
10-14-2014, 10:57 PM
who the hell is grabbing 10 boards a night sharing the floor with Love haha?

No, he won't. His minutes will be restricted most likely.

27/7/7 this year for Bron Bron

Hawkeye15
10-14-2014, 10:58 PM
remember too, with Love there, LeBron needs to be releasing on the shot to catch an 82 foot outlet pass...

mightybosstone
10-14-2014, 11:18 PM
I think he starts his decline. 24/6/5 with 3 turnovers.

That would be a pretty significant dropoff for him. If he's averaging only 24 points a night, I find it hard to believe that he's only getting 6 assists. Just out of curiosity, though, what makes you think this will be the start of his decline? He was beastly in the postseason, he hasn't missed more than seven games in a season in his entire career and he's reached a whole new level of freakish efficiency as a scorer.

Lebron obviously has to decline at some point, but I think he's at least 2-3 years away from a decline. If he saw a dropoff in production that significant, I'd be shocked.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-14-2014, 11:26 PM
He could but at the cost of team success. He's better off focusing on helping the team than helping his stat line.

BALLER R
10-14-2014, 11:32 PM
Is Irving going to play off ball and have lebron as the primary ball handler?

IKnowHoops
10-14-2014, 11:39 PM
I know its just preseason, but Love is so much better than Bosh. The fit is so much better. Lebron made a great decision, and I was against the Love trade, but I think it was the right move. Dude is a beast.

IKnowHoops
10-14-2014, 11:49 PM

No, but I bet Kyrie gets a lot of open 3 looks via Lebron page drive and kicks

rocket
10-14-2014, 11:53 PM

can't play for Miami anymore doe :o

mightybosstone
10-14-2014, 11:54 PM

Wade did, so I don't think that's out of the question. But that's the nice thing about having two excellent ball handlers and playmakers. You don't necessarily have to have a "primary" ball handler. I think it's quite possible that both guys average 6-8 assists per game this season.

flea
10-14-2014, 11:55 PM
That would be a pretty significant dropoff for him. If he's averaging only 24 points a night, I find it hard to believe that he's only getting 6 assists. Just out of curiosity, though, what makes you think this will be the start of his decline? He was beastly in the postseason, he hasn't missed more than seven games in a season in his entire career and he's reached a whole new level of freakish efficiency as a scorer.

Lebron obviously has to decline at some point, but I think he's at least 2-3 years away from a decline. If he saw a dropoff in production that significant, I'd be shocked.

He's 30 and has a style that doesn't last. Wade started breaking down at a similar age, and their styles are pretty similar. Lebron tried playing as a true PF on the block last season but virtually abandoned that in the playoffs. Now he's slimmer and looks like he wants to play out the rest of his career as a wing if he can.

Trouble is, his jumper has never been great. He's really just average everywhere on the floor but the paint - it's just his dominance there opens up everything else. Presumably he wants to shoot more jumpers, since he's pretty awkward on the block still and looks like he'll never be very fluid down there. That's probably the right way to go, but I think it means his numbers take a hit like most slashers. MJ was the exception because he had a great jumper in the midrange and developed a tricky post game.

I think Lebron maintains his Barkley-esque efficiency another 2-3 seasons, but I think the overall numbers dip as he takes more jumpshots and let's his All-Star teammates do their thing. His 3 pointers have gotten to the point where he might actually be an above average spot-up shooter in certain areas of the floor, so I think we'll see more of a catch-and-shoot Lebron over the next couple seasons.

mightybosstone
10-15-2014, 12:17 AM
He's 30 and has a style that doesn't last. Wade started breaking down at a similar age, and their styles are pretty similar. Lebron tried playing as a true PF on the block last season but virtually abandoned that in the playoffs. Now he's slimmer and looks like he wants to play out the rest of his career as a wing if he can.

Trouble is, his jumper has never been great. He's really just average everywhere on the floor but the paint - it's just his dominance there opens up everything else. Presumably he wants to shoot more jumpers, since he's pretty awkward on the block still and looks like he'll never be very fluid down there. That's probably the right way to go, but I think it means his numbers take a hit like most slashers. MJ was the exception because he had a great jumper in the midrange and developed a tricky post game.

I think Lebron maintains his Barkley-esque efficiency another 2-3 seasons, but I think the overall numbers dip as he takes more jumpshots and let's his All-Star teammates do their thing. His 3 pointers have gotten to the point where he might actually be an above average spot-up shooter in certain areas of the floor, so I think we'll see more of a catch-and-shoot Lebron over the next couple seasons.

I think he's naturally going to start relying more and more on jumpers as he gets older, but I don't see why he still can't be as dominant getting to the paint or be as productive as he has been his whole career. You're acting like we have some particular reason to think Lebron will drop off THIS season, but why? He was just as much of a beast last year as he has been in previous years. With Wade, we had ever reason to think he might drop off because of all the injury concerns, but what injury concerns has Lebron shown in his career?

Look at Kobe. You could argue he was as almost as good at age 34 as he was at age 24. Sure, his game had to evolve, and he relied more on his jumper and less on his athleticism. And while Kobe is undeniably a better mid-range shooter than Lebron, James is a superior 3-point shooter.

Lebron will eventually drop off, but I think we'll see at least three more seasons of at least 26/6/6 before we see any significant decline in his game. He's still just too damn efficient, athletic, healthy and dominant at this point in his career.

flea
10-15-2014, 12:21 AM
Maybe I didn't also highlight the point of him having 2 AS teammates that aren't worth much if they're not contributing offensively. More jumpers generally means less efficiency or less volume, or both. I'd bank on less volume for Lebron in the near-term and both in the last 2-3 seasons.

Chronz
10-15-2014, 12:22 AM
Count me among those who thinks Bron is slowing down. Even at his best, Bron wouldn't get that many rebounds on this team. I cant imagine Bron averages 10Ast considering hes sharing the ball with a few other guys.

FlashBolt
10-15-2014, 12:22 AM
I think his points will go down. His rebounding might go down because Thompson, Varejao, and Love are great rebounders. Assists might hit 8-9. I say 25-6-8. Will be a down year statistically for him.

IKnowHoops
10-15-2014, 12:44 AM

I compare him more to Karl Malone because of the body. D wade is no where near the specimen that Lebron is. Lebron will not fall off like Wade. He has the body of Malone, with the Speed of AI (In his physical prime) Lebron was already so far ahead of everyone physically that when he's 36, hell still be very hard to deal with physically, where as Wade is not.

flea
10-15-2014, 12:55 AM
Speed of AI? Are you on drugs? Lebron is fast for a man his size, but he is not faster than one of the most athletic guards in NBA history. You're almost to amos1er/Kobe level there.

IKnowHoops
10-15-2014, 12:55 AM
Count me among those who thinks Bron is slowing down. Even at his best, Bron wouldn't get that many rebounds on this team. I cant imagine Bron averages 10Ast considering hes sharing the ball with a few other guys.

He's definitely slowed down from his first stint in cleveland, but his shot is so much better, and considering his size, he is still probably the best athlete in the NBA. He used to be by far the best athlete and I get that, but he also had a very streaky shooter. He is much more consistent now. And I think he will stay very efficient. He can still lead the league in PER and Winshares.

abe_froman
10-15-2014, 01:42 AM
no way ,if he was going to do it ,he would have done it by now.

now he'll split playing making duties with kyrie(so the apg wont wavier much from what he does already) and love is a modern day moses when it comes to rebouding(so no help in padding rebounding numbers there)

THE MTL
10-15-2014, 03:12 AM
I think we see the typical 27/8/7 from James this year. Lebron is on a level where you never want to change his game. Instead his teammates around him must adjust.

tredigs
10-15-2014, 08:19 AM
Lmao... really? Of course not. He's never played with a strong/high usage PG before and that will automatically diminish his assists and role in controlling the ball offensively. And Where TF are the rebounds coming from lol? He averaged exactly 8.0 in his peak season in that measure, and now he is playing with one of the top 3 rebounders in the NBA. Ain't happenin.

23.5 - 6.5 - 6.5 on very elite efficiency is around what he'll post.

LBJ had exactly 1 triple double last season. 3 less than Curry, for reference. Your blind love for the guy in the face of reality still cracks me up.

IKnowHoops
10-15-2014, 11:36 AM
Speed of AI? Are you on drugs? Lebron is fast for a man his size, but he is not faster than one of the most athletic guards in NBA history. You're almost to amos1er/Kobe level there.

When he was 23, 24, in a straight race from one end of the court to the other, I think it would be very close.

IKnowHoops
10-15-2014, 11:39 AM
Lmao... really? Of course not. He's never played with a strong/high usage PG before and that will automatically diminish his assists and role in controlling the ball offensively. And Where TF are the rebounds coming from lol? He averaged exactly 8.0 in his peak season in that measure, and now he is playing with one of the top 3 rebounders in the NBA. Ain't happenin.

LBJ had exactly 1 triple double last season. 3 less than Curry, for reference. Your blind love for the guy in the face of reality still cracks me up.

Every time I say something about Lebron, you react as if I was talking bad about your mother. You've got to let it go bro. Its not that serious.

PurpleLynch
10-15-2014, 11:40 AM
No,rebounds stat is impossible for him right now and 10 ast is too much imo,but with an offense like that it could be possible. But more like 7 asts imo.

Tony_Starks
10-15-2014, 11:44 AM
40/ 10/ 15.......if he wants to.

But seriously his numbers will be about the same. When you are that good all the way around you're going to fill out a stat sheet.

lamzoka
10-15-2014, 11:49 AM
He's the only player in the NBA capable of averaging a triple double. with that being said I'm gonna say NO he won't.

BUT HE'S CAPABLE OF IT

tredigs
10-15-2014, 01:34 PM
Every time I say something about Lebron, you react as if I was talking bad about your mother. You've got to let it go bro. Its not that serious.

Haha no, I react as if his balls are shading your eyes from reality. Your thread makes no sense... he has absolutely 0 shot at it. I simply wanted to be blunt about that for you and quickly illustrate why -- as sometimes you seem to need someone to offer that clarity in life for you ; )

tredigs
10-15-2014, 01:39 PM
He's the only player in the NBA capable of averaging a triple double. with that being said I'm gonna say NO he won't.

BUT HE'S CAPABLE OF IT

Within the natural flow of the game and without simply attempting to stat pad while both playing extra mpg and at a higher pace? No, he really isn't. He has 1 triple double in the past 2 seasons.

IKnowHoops
10-15-2014, 02:31 PM
Haha no, I react as if his balls are shading your eyes from reality. Your thread makes no sense... he has absolutely 0 shot at it. I simply wanted to be blunt about that for you and quickly illustrate why -- as sometimes you seem to need someone to offer that clarity in life for you ; )

Please bro, your still mad from the past. Multiple people have stated they don't understand your hatred for Bron. Last year you would call him out for anything and everything. Anytime Bron opened his mouth and said something you didn't like, you made sure to drag him over the coals for it. You sound like a jealous girlfriend most of the time Brons name comes out of your mouth. You need to take a deep breath and get something to eat before you comment on Lebron because other wises your gonna come off as a jealous hater for absolutely no reason. Its personal for you. You take more time to bash Bron than you do giving your favorite player props.

IKnowHoops
10-15-2014, 02:35 PM
Within the natural flow of the game and without simply attempting to stat pad while both playing extra mpg and at a higher pace? No, he really isn't. He has 1 triple double in the past 2 seasons.

Getting a triple double is hard when you gotta get 27 points every game. But if you only need to get 18 then it makes a lot of other things more feasible. Once again, your making a point that doesn't matter out of blind hatred for Bron. Why do I think its hate...because of your Bron tone. I always know your talking about Bron when you get like this.

TheIlladelph16
10-15-2014, 02:40 PM
Almost certainly not. I can see him reaching 10 assists per game with the elite offensive talent he has there, but the rebounds are all but impossible with Love and Anderson V. I expect similar numbers to what he put up last year with an increase in assists and a slight decrease in rebounds.

Pierzynski4Prez
10-15-2014, 02:50 PM
24/8/7 what he'll be

mjm07
10-15-2014, 02:52 PM
Maybe 19pts, 9 boards, & 9 assists. But def not 20, 10, 10.

More Like 30, 6, 8.

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-15-2014, 03:05 PM
No, he starts his decline this season.

Avenged
10-15-2014, 03:23 PM

So he doesn't want to avg a triple double??

tredigs
10-15-2014, 03:25 PM
Hoops -- He averaged 6 or less rebounds 33 times last season on a team that was desperate for anyone to step up in that department (they were the worst in the NBA). He averaged 10 or more just 6 times. Now, he is a year older, will be back to SF and plays with K Love, Tristan Thompson and Varajao (all 9+ rpg guys)... he will be closer to 4 RPG than 10 (as he already was last year).

Call it "hate" if that allows you to feel better (I'm pretty sure I gave you the same tone when you started making threads lauding China's new #1 guy Michael Beasley and how he was a force that would very possibly be 6th man of the year), or any other post others make separated from reality. This has nothing to do with Lebron or what an exceptional player he is or isn't, and everything to do with you being clueless on the matter.

Maybe 19pts, 9 boards, & 9 assists. But def not 20, 10, 10.

More Like 30, 6, 8.

Literally no chance.

tredigs
10-15-2014, 03:29 PM
If I put the over/under on his total triple-doubles at 5, would anyone be willing to put down a wager against me (you'll be taking the over).

prodigy
10-15-2014, 03:55 PM
Won't need to

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-15-2014, 04:48 PM
Won't need to

Couldn't if he wanted to

bucketss
10-15-2014, 04:56 PM
idk but he hes getting that ring tho #King

J_M_B
10-15-2014, 05:29 PM

I'm with you that we won't see a drop off in his numbers for another couple of years, but thats definitely not the case defensively. I know people will argue he was "coasting" last season, but having the privilege to watch him for the last four years, he looked a step slow on that end of the floor. He obviously had spurts of complete dominance, but it just wasn't CONSISTENTLY there like it had been in the past.

Even with a decline in his defense he's still going to be the best player on this planet for at least another two years.

nickdymez
10-15-2014, 06:03 PM
I compare him more to Karl Malone because of the body. D wade is no where near the specimen that Lebron is. Lebron will not fall off like Wade. He has the body of Malone, with the Speed of AI (In his physical prime) Lebron was already so far ahead of everyone physically that when he's 36, hell still be very hard to deal with physically, where as Wade is not.
This thread took a turn for the worst with the line "speed of AI".

I think with Kyrie entering his prime and becoming the player he's gonna be, coupled with a prime Love, I think his numbers do in fact dip. I can't predict what they would be however. We just have to watch. None of you people even know what system they are running there in Cleveland. I'm going to hold my numbers until we get into the season a little bit.

ATX
10-15-2014, 07:34 PM
No, he starts his decline this season.

Still obsessed with James I see. 'Nother year, same ole crap from you. Have fun trolling the Cavs fan base this year. I know you will...

To the thread, no of course he won't average a triple double, but he'll put up his usual MVP caliber numbers.

mightybosstone
10-15-2014, 08:33 PM
If I put the over/under on his total triple-doubles at 5, would anyone be willing to put down a wager against me (you'll be taking the over).

Hell no. He hasn't topped four triple-doubles in a season since 2008-09 and he's only had five or more three times in his entire career. If you want a legitimately fair bet, put the number at 3.5. He's had four triple-doubles in a season like four or five times, so that's a realistic number, if an albeit still unlikely one.

kdspurman
10-15-2014, 08:46 PM

I agree with those estimates. Maybe an extra point or 2 is what I'd predict for scoring

Bruno
10-15-2014, 10:15 PM
no chance. in 77 games last year LBJ cracked 10+ rebounds only six times, and he only cracked 10+ assists seven times. he had one triple double last season.

now in 2012 when he peaked, he got 10 or more rebounds 25 times. that was the same year he was going for DPOY. that time has passed. this is about letting the young guns do the heavy regular season lifting. his goal should be five more dominant years. not one spectacular season. he can't play 38 mpg, go for DPOY and average a triple double if he wants to do that. his body will break down. LBJ is in this for the long term glory and if he wants that 33 MPG on 26/6/6 for the next half decade will be plenty.

FlashBolt
10-15-2014, 10:19 PM
Yeah, his stats are definitely going to plummet. Would that change him as a player? Probably not but statistically, it will hurt his career stats. Cleveland just has way too many offensive weapons. They should have traded Waiters for a defensive stopper/rim protector (Sanders). Waiters, Irving, James, and Love can crack 20 points each alone easily.. That's not even counting Mike Miller, Thompson, Marion, etc,.

prodigy
10-15-2014, 10:22 PM
Won't need to

Couldn't if he wanted to

If it was his only purpose to get 20-10-10 he def could. Without question.

prodigy
10-15-2014, 10:25 PM
Yeah, his stats are definitely going to plummet. Would that change him as a player? Probably not but statistically, it will hurt his career stats. Cleveland just has way too many offensive weapons. They should have traded Waiters for a defensive stopper/rim protector (Sanders). Waiters, Irving, James, and Love can crack 20 points each alone easily.. That's not even counting Mike Miller, Thompson, Marion, etc,.

Plummet? Slow down there buddy. He's still the king now. His points will drop but assist will go up and rebounds prob the same 7ish

FlashBolt
10-15-2014, 10:57 PM
Plummet? Slow down there buddy. He's still the king now. His points will drop but assist will go up and rebounds prob the same 7ish

Nah, they are going to plummet. LeBron's approach to the game is if he has the teammates, he will defer. That's just how he is as a player. There is no doubt in my mind that if he stayed in Miami, he could have hit 34 ppg this season just because he's slimmer and feels he has to take a more offensive approach. But with this team, there really isn't much LeBron can do that makes sense for the team. That's why I think his intent should be pursuing a role as a lockdown/nonstop defender. Rebounds are definitely going down.. You have 3 of the best rebounders in the game and this team is BIG compared to Miami. His assists will go up. I'd think he'd be 24-8-6 but this is definitely going to be a down year statistically. As long as he wins the chip, I don't think it matters. He's already solidified himself as a top 10. If he wins 2-3 more rings, undoubtedly, he's top 5 and perhaps, right behind Jordan/KAJ.

DemarDerozan
10-15-2014, 11:37 PM
Nope.

DemarDerozan
10-15-2014, 11:39 PM
Will Lebron follow the Gerald Wallace model or the DWilkins model of declining athleticism? Only time will tell.
He's only averaging a triple double if he signs in Lithuania.
Or if his turnovers go up.

DemarDerozan
10-15-2014, 11:43 PM
HGH is a helluva drug.

amos1er
10-16-2014, 12:32 AM
I'm willing to sig bet the OP whatever he wants that he won't.

Ebbs
10-16-2014, 12:38 AM
LeBron I'm thinking 23-6-6

JLeBeau76
10-16-2014, 02:01 AM
Gotta take into account that he will definitely see reduced minutes this year....see him at around 30-32 per game if he's managed right....but I can't see him managing the triple double average.

Look for his stats to slightly dip due to him not playing as much and focusing more on defense, as that's where he will be needed most.

P&GRealist
10-16-2014, 04:02 AM

What the hell does that mean?!

P&GRealist
10-16-2014, 04:03 AM
HGH is a helluva drug.

Bron Bron been doing just fine with it these last few yrs. Don't hate.

Minimal
10-16-2014, 05:37 AM
I think we have such threads every year.
Can he? Maybe, but I doubt. Well if his life depended on it he would probably.
Will he? No. I expect a standard 27/8/7 for him this year.

prodigy
10-16-2014, 08:09 AM

Nah, they are going to plummet. LeBron's approach to the game is if he has the teammates, he will defer. That's just how he is as a player. There is no doubt in my mind that if he stayed in Miami, he could have hit 34 ppg this season just because he's slimmer and feels he has to take a more offensive approach. But with this team, there really isn't much LeBron can do that makes sense for the team. That's why I think his intent should be pursuing a role as a lockdown/nonstop defender. Rebounds are definitely going down.. You have 3 of the best rebounders in the game and this team is BIG compared to Miami. His assists will go up. I'd think he'd be 24-8-6 but this is definitely going to be a down year statistically. As long as he wins the chip, I don't think it matters. He's already solidified himself as a top 10. If he wins 2-3 more rings, undoubtedly, he's top 5 and perhaps, right behind Jordan/KAJ.

How is 24-8-6 him taking a plummet?

prodigy
10-16-2014, 08:13 AM

If lebrons only goal was to avg a triple double he could. With the scorers around him 10 assist wouldn't be all that hard. He would have to fight teammates for boards but lebron could get 10. And scoring 10 points lebron could do in his sleep, backwards lol.

boboo73
10-16-2014, 09:24 AM
The Cavs have so many guys who can score this year. I could see Brons scoring taking a serious dip this year based on his unselfish play when he know guys will knock down shots. I just think the Cavs are to talented from a scoring aspect for Bron to average his normal 27pts. I could easily see him averaging 23-24 pts this year. But if he becomes super unselfish and really concentrates on getting other guys going, I could see him getting 9-11 assets per game.

No.

Not going to get into it too much but he will not get 10 boards a game. Anderson V, Tristan T and K Love are all good rebounders. This isnt the Heat with no one to really pull down boards.

boboo73
10-16-2014, 09:27 AM
Will Lebron follow the Gerald Wallace model or the DWilkins model of declining athleticism? Only time will tell.
He's only averaging a triple double if he signs in Lithuania.
Or if his turnovers go up.

I wish I could favorite things on this site because this is hilarious.

boboo73
10-16-2014, 09:29 AM
34 PPG my *****

More-Than-Most
10-16-2014, 09:30 AM
He wont but if he wanted to he could avg 40-10-10... He loves being efficient though over a stat whore.

boboo73
10-16-2014, 09:35 AM
He wont but if he wanted to he could avg 40-10-10... He loves being efficient though over a stat whore.

No, no he couldnt.

Riodagoat
10-16-2014, 11:04 AM
If this was 6-7 years ago when he cared abit more about his individual stats, I would say yes. But I don't think it's going to happen. I think he'd average closer to 20/6/6 or something like that.

FlashBolt
10-16-2014, 12:40 PM

It is a plummet for someone like James caliber. If he stayed in Miami, I think he would have more initiative to go out there and dominate the game individually and pursue something like 32-8-7.

No, no he couldnt.

He can't do 40-10-10 but if he took Allen Iverson quantity shots, he could very well crack 40. Of course, his FG% will go down but if you watched the regular season, it was relatively easy for him to score.

prodigy
10-16-2014, 02:58 PM

It is a plummet for someone like James caliber. If he stayed in Miami, I think he would have more initiative to go out there and dominate the game individually and pursue something like 32-8-7.

No, no he couldnt.

He can't do 40-10-10 but if he took Allen Iverson quantity shots, he could very well crack 40. Of course, his FG% will go down but if you watched the regular season, it was relatively easy for him to score.

His career numbers are 27-7-7. So once again how would avg 24-8-7 be a ''plummet''?

He's only avg 30 points once and that was 2007. He passes to much to be that type of scorer too.

rocket
10-16-2014, 03:49 PM

Are you illiterate?

FlashBolt
10-16-2014, 07:06 PM

His career numbers are 27-7-7. So once again how would avg 24-8-7 be a ''plummet''?

He's only avg 30 points once and that was 2007. He passes to much to be that type of scorer too.

Because if he had stayed with Miami, his stats would be much higher. He's dropping points and rebounds. Had he stayed in Miami, he would be forced to do more.

Bruno
10-16-2014, 07:19 PM

that makes him a stat whore in a different way. still a stat whore.

mngopher35
10-16-2014, 07:32 PM
Because if he had stayed with Miami, his stats would be much higher. He's dropping points and rebounds. Had he stayed in Miami, he would be forced to do more.

If he goes 24-8-7 that is far from his stats plummeting, that is just the truth based on his career (and time in Mia). 3 less pts, 2 more ast and same rebounds compared to last year could be considered an upgrade depending on his efficiency.

I get what you are saying but you can't say "his stats are going to plummet" comparing the numbers to your own random prediction that he would have an insane year if he stayed with Miami. We know what he did in Mia last season so we have a baseline already to judge if his numbers plummet or not (or past few years even).

prodigy
10-16-2014, 10:01 PM

So his fake numbers of what he might have put up if he stayed on the heat will plummet? OK man I understand now.

FlashBolt
10-17-2014, 01:02 AM
So his fake numbers of what he might have put up if he stayed on the heat will plummet? OK man I understand now.

Fake numbers? Isn't 24-8-7 a fake number? Yet, you responded to that. His stats are going to plummet. He's LeBron James. 24-8-7 is plummeting by his standards. He can do much more than that but won't be relied on. Maybe we have a different interpretation of the word "plummet".

If he goes 24-8-7 that is far from his stats plummeting, that is just the truth based on his career (and time in Mia). 3 less pts, 2 more ast and same rebounds compared to last year could be considered an upgrade depending on his efficiency.

I get what you are saying but you can't say "his stats are going to plummet" comparing the numbers to your own random prediction that he would have an insane year if he stayed with Miami. We know what he did in Mia last season so we have a baseline already to judge if his numbers plummet or not (or past few years even).

It's pretty evident that with how Miami was being run, (Chalmers most likely wouldn't be a Heat, Wade still injured, Cole most likely getting the starter role with Napier as backup, Bosh being Bosh), that James would have had more opportunities to increase his stats. Last year was a down year compared to the previous year. That's okay as it wasn't huge. But, there is relatively no way that after what Miami went through, James would have been contempt with it. It's my prediction but I think all of us can agree that James would have exponentially increased his stats had he stayed in Miami this season. 24-8-7 is a plummet because despite his career averages, this is HIS prime. He can do more than 24-8-7; easily. We were talking about him averaging a triple double BEFORE he played a game for Miami. Four years later, and this is being brought up again. Sorry, I don't buy that 24-8-7 is a slow drop. It's a huge drop for a player of his caliber. Unless he becomes a DPOY with that 24-8-7, I don't find that impressive.

prodigy
10-17-2014, 10:33 AM
Yes we def do have different meanings to the word plummet. 3 points def not in my eyes. Lebron had bad offensive players on the cavs before and only avg 30 once. He just isn't a ball hog enough to do that.

mngopher35
10-17-2014, 02:35 PM
Fake numbers? Isn't 24-8-7 a fake number? Yet, you responded to that. His stats are going to plummet. He's LeBron James. 24-8-7 is plummeting by his standards. He can do much more than that but won't be relied on. Maybe we have a different interpretation of the word "plummet".

It's pretty evident that with how Miami was being run, (Chalmers most likely wouldn't be a Heat, Wade still injured, Cole most likely getting the starter role with Napier as backup, Bosh being Bosh), that James would have had more opportunities to increase his stats. Last year was a down year compared to the previous year. That's okay as it wasn't huge. But, there is relatively no way that after what Miami went through, James would have been contempt with it. It's my prediction but I think all of us can agree that James would have exponentially increased his stats had he stayed in Miami this season. 24-8-7 is a plummet because despite his career averages, this is HIS prime. He can do more than 24-8-7; easily. We were talking about him averaging a triple double BEFORE he played a game for Miami. Four years later, and this is being brought up again. Sorry, I don't buy that 24-8-7 is a slow drop. It's a huge drop for a player of his caliber. Unless he becomes a DPOY with that 24-8-7, I don't find that impressive.

He has been in his prime the past couple of years as well and those numbers could possibly be an upgrade on last season. I am sorry but when you say someones numbers will plummet you can't then post numbers similar to his previous seasons (also in his prime, and currently he is getting older which means doing less to be saved for playoffs anyways). Plummeting would be a drastic drop off which is far from 24-8-7. He wasn't a dpoy last year and posted 27-6-7. Like I said it is fine to have the opinion his numbers would randomly start to exponentially increase at age 30 but that doesn't mean not hitting your new expectations is plummeting for his standards. His standards are what he has done in the past and recently which we have already gone over.

I'm with Prodigy here, we have different definitions of plummet then. I think it means to drop off, not stay about the same.

tredigs
10-17-2014, 03:15 PM
Hell no. He hasn't topped four triple-doubles in a season since 2008-09 and he's only had five or more three times in his entire career. If you want a legitimately fair bet, put the number at 3.5. He's had four triple-doubles in a season like four or five times, so that's a realistic number, if an albeit still unlikely one.

I was just shutting "Iknowhoops" up. A fair wager would be setting his total season triple doubles at 0.5. I'd take the under.

IKnowHoops
10-18-2014, 01:10 PM
I was just shutting "Iknowhoops" up. A fair wager would be setting his total season triple doubles at 0.5. I'd take the under.

Lets do it then. Since thats fair.

tredigs
10-18-2014, 02:39 PM
Lets do it then. Since thats fair.

I'm not interested in a fair bet. I'm more interested in exploiting someone who thinks it's in the realm of reason that he could average a 3x2 for the entire season. Hence meeting you in the middle at 5 3x2's. If you want that action and I can somehow guarantee you'd pay (tougher to figure out the logistics on that), then 100% I'm game.

Seizabmc
10-18-2014, 02:42 PM
I'm not sure if Lebron will average 20/10/10,
I think he can, but will he, I'm not sure.

Now melo on the other hand.
I think he can average 20/10/5
And I also think he will.

HeatFan
10-18-2014, 05:46 PM

I thought a triple crown in baseball was not going to happen again but it did. So I'll have to say this is possible. However, like Lebron's last year in Cleveland where they blew out people in the first three quarters and Lebron did not play the final quarter, I think this will happen again which means less minutes to reach these stats.

Ty Fast
10-19-2014, 04:25 AM
I don't think he can average 10 boards

IKnowHoops
10-19-2014, 07:52 AM
I'm not interested in a fair bet. I'm more interested in exploiting someone who thinks it's in the realm of reason that he could average a 3x2 for the entire season. Hence meeting you in the middle at 5 3x2's. If you want that action and I can somehow guarantee you'd pay (tougher to figure out the logistics on that), then 100% I'm game.

Aaaaah just running your mouth. Cool. I thought so. Thats what you do.

xxplayerxx23
10-19-2014, 10:35 AM
He can't get 10 boards. Don't think he will average 10 assists either.

tredigs
10-19-2014, 12:07 PM
Aaaaah just running your mouth. Cool. I thought so. Thats what you do.

You started a thread asking/defending the possibility of him AVERAGING a triple double. Now I'm just "running my mouth" to question if he could even get 5 all year and you're scared to bet. That's classic.