PDA

View Full Version : NBA RD Playoffs Finals (2) Brampton vs (1) Seattle

Matter.
10-13-2014, 06:27 PM
Every summer, PSD holds a game where GM's re-draft players to see who creates the best team. This year, users from the site had to utilize their skills via draft, trades. At the end of the game, GMs voted on how they believed the regular season of this game would shake up. These are the playoffs of PSD's 2014 NBA Re-Draft

Please take the time to consider each line up, the match-up itself, and vote on which team you believe would win in a seven game series.

Seattle has Homecourt Advantage

Brampton

PG: Isaiah Thomas/Mario Chalmers
SG: Ray Allen/Randy Foye
SF: Lebron James/Tobias Harris
PF: Ryan Anderson/Nick Collison
C: Tyson Chandler/Nazr Mohammed

Vs

Seattle

PG: Jeff Teague (33) + Cory Joseph (15)
SG: JJ Redick (25) + Alan Anderson (23)
SF: Luol Deng (33) + Martell Webster (15) + Mirza Teletovic (if needed)
PF: Zach Randolph (33) + Mirza Teletovic (10) + Andrew Nicholson (5)
C: Marc Gasol (35) + Andrew Nicholson (13)

Matter.
10-13-2014, 06:28 PM
Can a mid sticky and change Seaside to Seattle Thanks

Sadds The Gr8
10-13-2014, 07:48 PM
Reasons we win

1 although they have a good SF to play against LeBron, he's clearly fell off the past 2 years. Deng isn't the defender or offensive threat he once was. His offensive efficiency and defense has slipped and he was just garbage after he was traded from the bulls. Deng won't be able to do much offensively against LeBron as he's lost his shot as of recently. James averages 30 ppg on almost 50% shooting against Luol. LeBron easily takes this matchup.

2 at point guard, neither guy is known for defense, but Isaiah is easily the better offensive player. Much more efficient and is a better shooter than Teague which helps when he's off the ball in LeBron drives.

3 although Zbo is the better 1v1 player between him and Anderson, he clearly isn't the offensive juggernaut that he used to be at this point in his career. His efficiency has dropped a lot and he doesn't have the quickness to go along with his brute strength anymore. Zbo is the better post-player and can create for himself better but doesn't mean that Anderson can't have as big if an impact. Zbo will get his vs Anderson but we have Nick Collison on the bench who has always given Zach trouble. Anderson being guarded by zbo is also a mismatch in our favour because Randolph doesn't have the ability to contest the shooting of ryno. Pick and pops with lbj/Isaiah and ryno would give zbo fits and certainly help Anderson get a ton of good looks from the 3pt line. Also, going small can completely eliminate zbo from the series at times. LeBron playing pf would certainly take zbo out of games assuming that they wouldn't want zbo guarding him. This would take away Seattle's main advantage which is inside scoring.

4 Seattle just lacks the spacing to take advantage of their inside threats. Redick is the only dangerous shooter in their lineup and that'll make it easier to bottle up drives from Teague. Deng and Teague are below average 3pt shooters, giving them a similar problem that the real life Memphis grizzlies have.

5 they clearly don't have any depth. Their best bench player is Martell Webster for God's sake...he can space the floor but doesn't do anything else and stands no chance when being tasked to guard lebron. We have much better impact players in Chalmers (who can help slow Teague), foye (who has a similar impact Webster has but is a better all-around offensive player), Tobias (who has shown the ability to score at a decent level, and Collison (whos done well guarding zbo in the playoffs).

6 they have no crunch time threats. Teague has noshowed in the playoffs in his last appearance, and zbo doesn't have that ability anymore. Gasol doesn't have the aggressiveness on offense and deng/redick can't create alone. Our team has clutch shooters in LeBron and Chalmers, and as we've seen the last couple of years, LeBron is the most dangerous player in the league now down the stretch.

TO Rapz
10-14-2014, 02:13 AM
Will post write up tomorrow.

mightybosstone
10-14-2014, 09:18 AM
I think Brampton takes the title. Yes, they have the best player in the series by a mile, but I still think they're the best constructed team in the game and I think they create some matchup problems for Seattle. Although Anderson would likely struggle to defend Randolph in the post, ZBo would also struggle on the perimeter against Ryno, and Seattle would be forced to pull their best rebounder 18-20 feet from the basket the entire series. They could put Gasol on Ryno, but then your best interior defender is away from the rim. Ryno creates a no-win situation for their front court defense. On the flip side, Brampton has the flexibility to put Chandler on whichever offensive big man is dominating that night, and it won't really impact their interior defense or rebounding.

Seattle still has a superior front court offensively and defensively, but it doesn't make up for the massive disadvantage they have against Lebron James. Sure, Seattle has Deng to defend James, but it's not like Lebron has struggled in head-to-head matchups with Deng. The guy has posted 30/7/6 in 32 regular season games and 29/9/7 in 10 career postseason games. And the back courts are pretty much a wash for me. Thomas is the better scorer and Teague is the better passer, but Lebron will do much of the distributing in this series anyway. And Allen and Reddick might as well be the same player, but I trust Allen more in the postseason than I trust Reddick at this point. Brampton also has the superior bench with key role players with deep playoff experience in Chalmers and Collison as well as decent 6th man options in Foye and Harris.

Both teams are well constructed and congratulations to Seattle for making it this far, but Brampton is going home with the title in six games.

KnicksorBust
10-14-2014, 10:58 AM
Brampton
PG: Isaiah Thomas/Mario Chalmers
SG: Ray Allen/Randy Foye
SF: Lebron James/Tobias Harris
PF: Ryan Anderson/Nick Collison
C: Tyson Chandler/Nazr Mohammed

Vs

Seattle

PG: Jeff Teague (33) + Cory Joseph (15)
SG: JJ Redick (25) + Alan Anderson (23)
SF: Luol Deng (33) + Martell Webster (15) + Mirza Teletovic (if needed)
PF: Zach Randolph (33) + Mirza Teletovic (10) + Andrew Nicholson (5)
C: Marc Gasol (35) + Andrew Nicholson (13)

Seattle's bench is hot garbage. That rotation is just killing me at this point. Play your starters 40 minutes and play Martell Webster all 16 backup minutes at SG/SF.

I'm not a fan of Isaiah Thomas but in this matchup that's not enough to swing the series. Brampton's offense would be really difficult to slow down. Realistically you could just camp out Thomas-Ray-Ryno on the perimeter and have LeBron and Chandler run pick and rolls in the middle of the court about 50 times per game and just get layups, alley-oops, or wide open 3's. Plus for all my dislike, Thomas is still a play-maker and can give LeBron a break. Even Foye can do some iso scoring off the bench. Meanwhile, Teague is the only real ball handler on Seattle and I'm not a fan of him either. For stretches, Brampton could just put LeBron on Teague and lock up that entire offense.

The only thing that gave me pause is that Chandler would have a tough time with Gasol/Zbo. Seattle would control the paint on that end of the floor. Chandler does not do well bodying up stronger centers. He's almost a better defender for Zbo at this point but there is no way you can put Ryan Anderson on Gasol. Overall, due to the better play-making, passing, shooting, and bench of Brampton. I give them the win and the title.

Nice job.

Matter.
10-14-2014, 01:09 PM
Bump

todu82
10-14-2014, 05:41 PM
Brampton.

TO Rapz
10-14-2014, 08:52 PM
Our front court dominates this game. Ryno will be guarded by Zbo. If not, I can easily match Teletovic with Ryno. Also, my bench is getting too much ****.

Alan Anderson, Martell Webster, Mirza Teletovic are all quality bench pieces. Nicholson showed quite a bit of potential in Orlando last year and Joseph's prime for a breakout year while Patty's dead in SA.

I have a post presence in Zbo, a great all around player in Marc, a stretch 4 in Mirza and another young energy player who can play 4/5 in Nicholson.

That front court is WAY too much for Ryno, Chandler, Collison and Nazr. Which Chandler even shows up? Yes, I get the Lebron effect, and I understand that Deng hasn't limited him much, but Deng has had solid games vs Lebron in the past.

I'd take Teague over IT but you can say it's a wash at worst.
JJ Redick and Ray Allen have the exact same roles, except JJ's a much better player now.
Obviously he has the Lebron factor.
Then my front court destroys him IMO.

Matter.
10-15-2014, 11:31 AM
Bmp

Sadds The Gr8
10-15-2014, 12:03 PM
I don't think you need to bump if it's stickied lol

TO Rapz
10-15-2014, 06:12 PM
If it helps, I have home court and the game's going to be played at CenturyLink Field where the GOAThawk fans will be my 11thman.

aman_13
10-16-2014, 11:38 AM
Brampton.

Can't vote on this app.

The_Jamal
10-17-2014, 04:39 PM
Brampton owns this match-up. They've been the best team by far in this league and nothing's changed here. IT is a quality 2nd option to Bron and there's legit as **** floor spacing around him. Even a 75% prime Tyson Chandler is far better rim protector than he's had in his career too.

Seattle is by no means a bad team, but you're basically trying to tell me that ZBO is going to revert back to 20-10 mode and carry this team as the #1 option. MG can't do it and I don't trust or really like Teague as a #3 option here. And while Deng was the ideal guy to match-up vs Bron a few years back, a couple down years on both ends of the floor has really hurt his value.

Sadds The Gr8
10-18-2014, 10:00 AM
Finally...

Rivera
10-18-2014, 10:16 AM
Finally...

You won?

Sadds The Gr8
10-18-2014, 01:20 PM
You won?
Yea. First psd game

Matter.
10-18-2014, 01:23 PM
Congrats Brampton

Rivera
10-18-2014, 03:30 PM
Yea. First psd game

Word!!! #Teamgr8ness adds another trophy to its case. I'm trying to repeat as wrestling fantasy champ!!

TO Rapz
10-18-2014, 04:09 PM
Good job Saddy. All-Brampton final works for me.