PDA

View Full Version : Kobe post a -39 +/- against Golden State in Sundays pre season game.

IKnowHoops
10-13-2014, 12:49 AM
3-13, 6 points. I know a lot of people are high on Kobe, but thats a pretty funny plus minus

goingfor28
10-13-2014, 12:50 AM
Impressive

bucketss
10-13-2014, 12:51 AM
Impressive

CavsYanksDuke
10-13-2014, 01:13 AM
Impressive.

bgdreton
10-13-2014, 01:16 AM
This game was absolutely halarious... Ahhh good laugh

amos1er
10-13-2014, 01:32 AM
Wow!... What a troll. Pre-Season dude.

Oh and in before lock.

Riodagoat
10-13-2014, 01:39 AM

Oh and in before lock.

Funny. I would think if this was Lebron, you'd be all over his jock strap.

But then again that's none of my business.

IKnowHoops
10-13-2014, 01:40 AM

Oh and in before lock.

How is it a troll thread? It happened. Just like when Bron picked his own man. Does it hurt that bad?

DallasTrilla23
10-13-2014, 01:54 AM
Wtf? When is Kobe gonna start taking 30 shots? 3-13 is unacceptable.

BKdoubleStacker
10-13-2014, 02:10 AM
Cool story bro

Jeffy25
10-13-2014, 02:14 AM

Oh and in before lock.
It happened, it's not a troll thread, it's what Kobe did in a pre-season game.

I promise if Lebron did this, you would have been the one to start the thread.

BKdoubleStacker
10-13-2014, 02:15 AM

Oh and in before lock.
It happened, it's not a troll thread, it's what Kobe did in a pre-season game.

I promise if Lebron did this, you would have been the one to start the thread.

In what way is this not a troll thread?

TrueFan420
10-13-2014, 03:27 AM
Because a -39 is an impressive feet. It happened (pre-season or not) and there's nothing "troll"-like about it. It's how people respond that could be "trolling" so far it's all fair comments.

eso
10-13-2014, 03:36 AM
Bound to happen he has been out for a year and a half,

P&GRealist
10-13-2014, 05:15 AM
Impressive

amos1er
10-13-2014, 05:19 AM
Because a -39 is an impressive feet. It happened (pre-season or not) and there's nothing "troll"-like about it. It's how people respond that could be "trolling" so far it's all fair comments.

It's just hypocritical that's all... Right after the finals, I started a thread about how Lebron had just about the same amount of assists as he did turnovers and how the only time he was effective was when San Antonio was up by 15+ points and my thread got shut down for trolling. All fair points or so I thought. The double standard around here is ridiculous... Just got off a two month suspension for far less than this... Just hoping for fairness all around the board... Don't think that's too much to ask...

SF8
10-13-2014, 05:29 AM
13 shot attempts is unacceptable for a guy like Kobe Bryant whose working back into shape and needs to shoot away in these meaningless games so he can find rhythm.

akia83
10-13-2014, 06:31 AM
It's a -78 per 48 minutes :)

PhillyFaninLA
10-13-2014, 06:45 AM
Anyone else think the TC's screen name is designed to be ironic

Goose17
10-13-2014, 08:06 AM
Lol. Pretty funny.

I don't see why Kobe fans are being so defensive. This is no different than the thread about Lebron sitting a pick for his own team mate.

mightybosstone
10-13-2014, 08:22 AM
Plus-minus is a pretty awful stat to use to determine an individual's performance of a single game. I didn't watch the game, and I'm sure he didn't play well based on the numbers that were posted, but unless you go like 0-20 with 10 turnovers, nobody is bad enough to deserve a -39 all by themselves. The rest of your team also has to play pretty horribly to earn a mark like that.

ewing
10-13-2014, 08:25 AM
so?

MrfadeawayJB
10-13-2014, 09:12 AM
Agree with the poster that said Kobe gets a pass. Just trying to find rhythm, nothing to see here

IndyRealist
10-13-2014, 09:31 AM
Bound to happen he has been out for a year and a half,
This...

Plus-minus is a pretty awful stat to use to determine an individual's performance of a single game. I didn't watch the game, and I'm sure he didn't play well based on the numbers that were posted, but unless you go like 0-20 with 10 turnovers, nobody is bad enough to deserve a -39 all by themselves. The rest of your team also has to play pretty horribly to earn a mark like that.
...and this.

sep11ie
10-13-2014, 09:37 AM
Impressive.

TrueFan420
10-13-2014, 10:42 AM
Agreed. Always thought it was a dumb stat. But still that's crazy.

Bruno
10-13-2014, 11:32 AM
gotta give golden state some major props here. if Bogut can find a way to stay healthy, this team can challenge anyone in the league. their offense will be remembered for generations if they keep the splash brothers together. good for golden state. they're going to be peaking when they start playing in SF it's going to be pretty damn cool.

they made us look ancient. LALs offense will be okay when Lin takes over the starting role and young brings some scoring off the bench. but this team can not defend. kobe needs decent floor spacing, or a quality big to open up the mid range for him, this team provides neither.

tredigs
10-13-2014, 11:49 AM
Nash played 12 minutes and posted a -26. That kind of game.

xbrackattackx
10-13-2014, 11:52 AM
This game was absolutely halarious... Ahhh good laugh

It is Hilarious....

I am actually terrified of this up coming season.

Glen State looking like they have something to prove this year.

FlashBolt
10-13-2014, 11:59 AM
It's just hypocritical that's all... Right after the finals, I started a thread about how Lebron had just about the same amount of assists as he did turnovers and how the only time he was effective was when San Antonio was up by 15+ points and my thread got shut down for trolling. All fair points or so I thought. The double standard around here is ridiculous... Just got off a two month suspension for far less than this... Just hoping for fairness all around the board... Don't think that's too much to ask...

Because you make zero sense in your post whatsoever. Of course LeBron's points came when San Antonio were up 15+ points.. San Antonio dominated Miami from the get-go. What the Spurs did was arguably a top 5 team ever. They completely dismantled Miami. Where should LeBron James points come from? When they were winning by 30? That didn't happen because Miami outside of James sucked.. so obviously his points will come from when they were losing. You're going to get banned permanently again because your posts are always targeted at your hate for someone. No one here hates Kobe.. but there's a thread of LeBron setting a pick for his former team.. It's still up, btw.

GiantsSwaGG
10-13-2014, 12:06 PM
I'm shocked he didn't shoot more

jerellh528
10-13-2014, 12:10 PM
Because you make zero sense in your post whatsoever. Of course LeBron's points came when San Antonio were up 15+ points.. San Antonio dominated Miami from the get-go. What the Spurs did was arguably a top 5 team ever. They completely dismantled Miami. Where should LeBron James points come from? When they were winning by 30? That didn't happen because Miami outside of James sucked.. so obviously his points will come from when they were losing. You're going to get banned permanently again because your posts are always targeted at your hate for someone. No one here hates Kobe.. but there's a thread of LeBron setting a pick for his former team.. It's still up, btw.

actually the op is a well documented kobe hater

Stinkyoutsider
10-13-2014, 12:16 PM
Lots of rust! After being out as long as he was, he's going to need more than the preseason to get back into game shape.

Teeboy1487
10-13-2014, 12:28 PM
Five rings

likemystylez
10-13-2014, 12:29 PM
Wtf? When is Kobe gonna start taking 30 shots? 3-13 is unacceptable.

well the -39 is more of a reflection on the whole lakers team....but kobe will not be able to carry this lakers team against the good teams in the west. Klay thompson and the warriors as a team were working to force the ball out of kobes hands immediately when he caught it. Kobe was moving the ball well- but the team around him just sucks... and unfortunately, the warriors were well aware of that.

likemystylez
10-13-2014, 12:30 PM
Five rings

rings are a team achievement- not an individual..... and clearly kobe cant do it by himself

likemystylez
10-13-2014, 12:32 PM
I'm shocked he didn't shoot more

well the 3-13 wasnt just kobe missing open shots- the warriors had a game plan to force kobe into shooting a horrible shot or move the ball to someone else. Frankly- he probably shouldnt have shot all 13 of the shots he did shoot.

likemystylez
10-13-2014, 12:37 PM

1) its a ******** stat to use on one player in one game
2) You have to look at it in context of the entire game (the warriors won by 40 points- coulda been like 60 if their starters played 30 minutes int he game...... so it was a beat down up and down the roster, not just on kobe)
3) In fairness- klay is a very good defensive player whos in midseason form right now. Also- the warriors as a team were making sure kobe didnt get any comfortable looks.

GiantsSwaGG
10-13-2014, 12:44 PM
Five rings

Horry has 7

Horry>Kobe

kdspurman
10-13-2014, 12:57 PM
Pre season + rust... Don't see the big deal. just like i didn't see the big deal with Rose's play for team USA. Guys need time to get their rhythm back and get into game shape.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-13-2014, 01:00 PM
tank war.

IKnowHoops
10-13-2014, 01:07 PM

No, I just think Lebron is much better and to a Kobe fanatic, that equals Kobe hate. I don't hate any player. I really only dislike Kendrick Perkins and Rhondo.

Sactown
10-13-2014, 01:15 PM
Eh preseason or not, these are the types of games the Lakers will have.. Kobe isn't Kobe anymore and even if he was, who is he playing next to? The only talent on that roster is the untalented Lin and T-Rex the rookie.. bad teams have bad games, especially when playing top end talent

FlashBolt
10-13-2014, 01:25 PM

Well documented vs disagreeing with Kobe fans is a completely different discussion. I certainly have disagreements with Kobe and fans but there is no way Kobe is better than LeBron.. Career wise, yeah. But in terms of peak and who you'd rather take, it's LeBron. You can disagree with that but that doesn't make me a hater. Kobe is a legend in his own right and certainly a top 10 right now. Anyone hating on Kobe must not know of his accomplishments.

likemystylez
10-13-2014, 01:39 PM
Horry has 7

Horry>Kobe

ahhh, the infamous ring counter argument. steve kerr is better than john stockton because he has 4 rings to stocktons zero. Bill wennington is better than patrick Ewing, and horace grant is better than karl malone

likemystylez
10-13-2014, 01:41 PM
Pre season + rust... Don't see the big deal. just like i didn't see the big deal with Rose's play for team USA. Guys need time to get their rhythm back and get into game shape.

well he was playing against a team thats hands down better than the lakers to- so he wasnt -39 because he sucks- more like his team was getting man handled

Raps18-19 Champ
10-13-2014, 02:36 PM

That's because you've admitted yourself you always troll LEbron.

GiantsSwaGG
10-13-2014, 03:08 PM
ahhh, the infamous ring counter argument. steve kerr is better than john stockton because he has 4 rings to stocktons zero. Bill wennington is better than patrick Ewing, and horace grant is better than karl malone

Pretty much, can't mention the ring argument without pointing out who has more rings. Horry is better than Kobe and I agree with the rest of your post

jerellh528
10-13-2014, 03:15 PM
Obvious troll thread. Who makes a thread about a single stat from a preseason game, especially one as meaningless as +/-. Lakers lost by 41, ofcourse the +/- is going to look like crap. This is also kobes first real basketball games in almost 2 years. These threads would be closed if it were about Lebron. The Lebron picking his own teammate thread is differnt because it's actaully funny and considering he was just on the heat, who was the opponent, it was funny discussion. This thread is just obvious bait with no merit of a discussion point, kobes actually looked better than I've expected so far this preseason given the circumstances

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-13-2014, 03:47 PM
Horry has 7

Horry>Kobe

will smith>horry

Raps18-19 Champ
10-13-2014, 04:07 PM
Obvious troll thread. Who makes a thread about a single stat from a preseason game, especially one as meaningless as +/-. Lakers lost by 41, ofcourse the +/- is going to look like crap. This is also kobes first real basketball games in almost 2 years. These threads would be closed if it were about Lebron. The Lebron picking his own teammate thread is differnt because it's actaully funny and considering he was just on the heat, who was the opponent, it was funny discussion. This thread is just obvious bait with no merit of a discussion point, kobes actually looked better than I've expected so far this preseason given the circumstances

This is a funny discussion though.

kdspurman
10-13-2014, 04:17 PM
well he was playing against a team thats hands down better than the lakers to- so he wasnt -39 because he sucks- more like his team was getting man handled

ha, yea that plays a big part of it. I was more pointing to the fact that he shot 3-13. The +/- thing doesn't mean much for the reason you said. it's pre season anyway. I don't see the big deal regardless but that's just me.

GiantsSwaGG
10-13-2014, 04:19 PM
will smith>horry

Close but you're right :)

ldawg
10-13-2014, 05:24 PM
The Nash / Kobe combo have fail for 2 years and counting and on coach # 3 to drive the same busted car. What is the surprise? I am more like how long will it take for them to get Nash on the bench and get sf/pg to hide Kobe decline athletic ability.

likemystylez
10-13-2014, 06:06 PM
the +/- stat on an individual player is a stupid stat to use in one clearly lopsided game

IndyRealist
10-13-2014, 06:24 PM
Agreed. Always thought it was a dumb stat. But still that's crazy.
It's not really a dumb stat, it just doesn't mean anything when looking at a single game. You need years and years of data with multiple roster changes to separate out players who play significant minutes together (i.e. Kobe Bryant and Derek Fisher).

Chronz
10-13-2014, 06:26 PM
Nothing dumb about knowing how well your team performed while you were actually on the court. Lakers were obliterated with Kobe struggling individually. Pretty cut and dry information.

Avenged
10-13-2014, 07:51 PM
I mean it's clear Kobe isn't the same player, obviously. But it's another thing to think he'll be THIS bad throughout a full season.

blahblahyoutoo
10-13-2014, 08:13 PM
i'll take therapist for $200 alex.

ldawg
10-13-2014, 10:05 PM
Nothing will com easy for Kobe. he cant get around his man like he use to. Fade away jumpers won MJ rings but Johnson is a very far cry from Pippen and Lakers defense is not there. Kobe game is now predictable if he has no help. With the lack of shooters in La teams can bait him into a bad shot or even a pass. Boozer, nash, young and lin shoot the ball well but Kobe will be on the floor with Nash to make up the slowest least defensive back court. Lakers better hope they got the lin from NY for them to have any shot of making the playoffs.

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-14-2014, 12:03 AM
Lol! No surprise kobe haters make a thread about a preseason game.

likemystylez
10-14-2014, 02:16 AM
Nothing will com easy for Kobe. he cant get around his man like he use to. Fade away jumpers won MJ rings but Johnson is a very far cry from Pippen and Lakers defense is not there. Kobe game is now predictable if he has no help. With the lack of shooters in La teams can bait him into a bad shot or even a pass. Boozer, nash, young and lin shoot the ball well but Kobe will be on the floor with Nash to make up the slowest least defensive back court. Lakers better hope they got the lin from NY for them to have any shot of making the playoffs.

they arent going to make the playoffs- I think thats the worst thing the national media could do is sit there and tell the diehard laker fans their team has a chance at the playoffs. I know its important for espn that the big market teams are drawing interest- but the west is really tough. The laker fans who believe they will get to the playoffs- are setting themselves up for disappointment. I'm not a kobe hater either so dont rip me cuz you think im bashing kobe- even if kobe is a top 5 player in the league- the rest of that laker team will not survive in the western conference. (and I dont know if kobe will be a top 15 on a regular basis).

Laker fans should really use this year to see what they have moving forward- I hope their playoff hopes are proven wrong quick- because I hate the idea of boozer getting most of the minutes. Let randle and ed davis try to become contributing big men. Jeremy lin should focus on becoming the best defensive player he can be.... and guys like Henry, wes johnson- should learn how to be role players or lakers should let them go this summer. The west wont stay great forever

albertajaysfan
10-14-2014, 02:42 AM

Agreed. You gotta admit it is still damn amazing.

Makes me wonder what the worst +/- is for a regular season and playoff game.

Did Golden State play all their starters against Kobe and scrubs? -39 is epic or at least seems like it is.

slashsnake
10-14-2014, 04:51 AM
Agreed. You gotta admit it is still damn amazing.

Makes me wonder what the worst +/- is for a regular season and playoff game.

Did Golden State play all their starters against Kobe and scrubs? -39 is epic or at least seems like it is.

Big but not the biggest I would guess. I remember seeing the heat with Glen Rice, Steve Smith and Seikaly and company lose by 68 once. Their +- had to be horrendous.

Looking through actual NBA games.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/plus/plus_minus_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=game&output=total&year_min=&year_max=&age_min=0&age_max=99&is_playoffs=N&team_id=&opp_id=&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&c1stat=diff_pts&c1comp=le&c1val=-39&c2stat=&c2comp=ge&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=ge&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=ge&c4val=&order_by=diff_pts

Antawn Jameson had a -47 and a -46 the year before
Deron Williams in 2005 a -47
Steve Nash in 06 -44
Kevin Garnett in 02 -42
Karl Malone in 02 -43

That's just since 2000.. There's been 60 games where a player has been -40 or worse, so it happens about 4 times a year on average. Basically about the same rate as someone scoring over 50 in a game in that same time span.

Playoffs.. Career worst I can see (since 2000) is Peja Stojakovic against the Nuggets, -39...

CP3, David West and Al Jefferson have a -38

Greg Smith this past year has a -34 in just 17 minutes in the post-season, Tony Parker had a -31 in just 21 minutes in the playoffs, might be on pace for some of the worst but came out quickly.

slashsnake
10-14-2014, 05:37 AM
And just to show you how bad Philly was last year...

Spencer Hawes had a -39, a -41, and a -42 plus minus... in the same season.

IKnowHoops
10-14-2014, 05:41 AM
Does Kobe top his -39 +/- performance this year? Odds? This is going to be a fun year. Gonna see some people squirm.

amos1er
10-14-2014, 05:42 AM
Does Kobe top his -39 performance this year? Odds?

Quit while your ahead. You seriously need to work on your trolling skills. Your transparency is all too obvious.

amos1er
10-14-2014, 05:47 AM
Lol! No surprise kobe haters make a thread about a preseason game.

Yup... It's pretty sad indeed. Guess they will take em no matter how they come. Preseason or not.

IKnowHoops
10-14-2014, 05:57 AM
Quit while your ahead. You seriously need to work on your trolling skills. Your transparency is all too obvious.

So thats a yes?

slashsnake
10-14-2014, 06:07 AM
So thats a yes?

Honestly, you are trolling pretty hard there. Maybe time to stop drinking sniffing glue or whatever brings you down to troll mode and come back later if you have something worthwhile to bring up.

IKnowHoops
10-14-2014, 06:21 AM
Honestly, you are trolling pretty hard there. Maybe time to stop drinking sniffing glue or whatever brings you down to troll mode and come back later if you have something worthwhile to bring up.

Thats mean.

Ariza's Better
10-14-2014, 06:55 AM
Does Kobe top his -39 +/- performance this year? Odds? This is going to be a fun year. Gonna see some people squirm.

It's fun watching kobe haters and lebron haters switch roles depending on if the thread is about kobe or Lebron.

Confusious
10-14-2014, 07:04 AM
Players that crumble with age like Kobe just make accomplishments that players like MJ did at a much older age all the more impressive. And people seriously think Kobe is top ten in NBA history. LOL. Okay.

IKnowHoops
10-14-2014, 07:37 AM
It's fun watching kobe haters and lebron haters switch roles depending on if the thread is about kobe or Lebron.

I don't hate Kobe, I really just thought the -39 +/- was funny for a player held on such a high pedestal. I realize that its not entirely Kobe's fault, but he did have the lowest of all Laker players in that game, and his 3-13 shooting performance was also the worst in that game, which kind of leads me to believe that there is a good chance he was the worst player on the floor that night. People get on Lebron even when he is the best player on the floor. I think its OK to get on Kobe when he is the worst player on the floor. Its not hating, its just being real.

likemystylez
10-14-2014, 11:38 AM
I don't hate Kobe, I really just thought the -39 +/- was funny for a player held on such a high pedestal. I realize that its not entirely Kobe's fault, but he did have the lowest of all Laker players in that game, and his 3-13 shooting performance was also the worst in that game, which kind of leads me to believe that there is a good chance he was the worst player on the floor that night. People get on Lebron even when he is the best player on the floor. I think its OK to get on Kobe when he is the worst player on the floor. Its not hating, its just being real.

dont know if thats true- klay thompson is a really good defensive player and the warriors as a team were clearly prepared for kobe.

IBleedPurple
10-14-2014, 12:13 PM
Impressive

Goose17
10-14-2014, 12:43 PM

I would say he was the defended the best, not that he was the worst player. Different perspective I guess.

edit: Stylez beat me to it lol, didn't realise.

Goose17
10-14-2014, 01:04 PM
Although I do agree with the rest of your post IKH. I don't see why we can't laugh at this anymore than laughing at Lebron setting a pick for his own team mate.

Homers will be homers I guess.

Knicks Boogie
10-14-2014, 01:31 PM
What yall thought Kobe was going to be an allstar still after missing 2 seasons and 37 years old? Kobe is washed up and just stealing money from the organization. Lakers should've just hired him as coach like Fish is with the Knicks.

Kobe would make a good coach because of his work ethic and knowledge of the game.

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-14-2014, 01:52 PM
Players that crumble with age like Kobe just make accomplishments that players like MJ did at a much older age all the more impressive. And people seriously think Kobe is top ten in NBA history. LOL. Okay.

The worst post in the thread, congrats.

Confusious
10-14-2014, 02:31 PM
The worst post in the thread, congrats.
It's so bad only one person has responded to it. But hooray! I shall take a screenshot of your post and hang it up on my wall. It shall be a badge of honor. I'm on the road to victory on the internets.

IKnowHoops
10-14-2014, 02:37 PM
I would say he was the defended the best, not that he was the worst player. Different perspective I guess.

edit: Stylez beat me to it lol, didn't realise.

Yeah agreed, when I say "he was the worst player on the court" I mean to say he had the worst stat line on the court or maybe had the worst game on the court, or maybe even he had the worst performance on the court.

ldawg
10-14-2014, 03:04 PM
Players that crumble with age like Kobe just make accomplishments that players like MJ did at a much older age all the more impressive. And people seriously think Kobe is top ten in NBA history. LOL. Okay.kobe played more plus he got injured. Bulls were a playoff team without mj. He is also playing in. Different system that net him 5 rings. What did mj do without the triangle? Was the wizards great? In all honesty as bad and slow as Kobe look he is still playing and may look better than some sg out of the 30 teams. Most players won't play with the injury he's had.

Sssmush
10-14-2014, 03:05 PM
ooooooooooohh, I can feel all the sportswriters out there getting jittery... they start to see that Boozer is an upgrade over Pau, Chicago is *meh*, there's significant risk or downside in Cleveland, Miami might be a beast with an off the leash Bosh, Randle clearly should've gone 1 or 2 in the draft, and oh yeah Kobe looks completely healthy and on his game.

times running out to jump back on the Laker bandwagon, *****es

jerellh528
10-14-2014, 03:41 PM

r-e-l-a-x, it's just preseason. Lebron is scoring 9ppg on 31 fg% and hes supposed to be in his prime. Kobe hasnt played in like two years, coming off major injuries, and he's over 11ppg on 36%. both are garbage but kobe is still doing better and nobody cares because its only preseason.

IKnowHoops
10-14-2014, 03:48 PM
ooooooooooohh, I can feel all the sportswriters out there getting jittery... they start to see that Boozer is an upgrade over Pau, Chicago is *meh*, there's significant risk or downside in Cleveland, Miami might be a beast with an off the leash Bosh, Randle clearly should've gone 1 or 2 in the draft, and oh yeah Kobe looks completely healthy and on his game.

times running out to jump back on the Laker bandwagon, *****es

Is it opposite day today?

IKnowHoops
10-14-2014, 03:51 PM
r-e-l-a-x, it's just preseason. Lebron is scoring 9ppg on 31 fg% and hes supposed to be in his prime. Kobe hasnt played in like two years, coming off major injuries, and he's over 11ppg on 36%. both are garbage but kobe is still doing better and nobody cares because its only preseason.

I couldn't be more relaxed. The post of mine you quoted was in my relaxed voice.

Sssmush
10-14-2014, 05:09 PM
Is it opposite day today?

Yeah, let's talk about Houston and Chicago in a couple of months and all you'll be able to say to me is that I'm a troll.

IKnowHoops
10-14-2014, 05:48 PM
Yeah, let's talk about Houston and Chicago in a couple of months and all you'll be able to say to me is that I'm a troll.

I would never disrespect you like that. Your not a troll.

Corey
10-14-2014, 08:58 PM
This has run it's course. Too much.

likemystylez
10-14-2014, 09:16 PM
What yall thought Kobe was going to be an allstar still after missing 2 seasons and 37 years old? Kobe is washed up and just stealing money from the organization. Lakers should've just hired him as coach like Fish is with the Knicks.

Kobe would make a good coach because of his work ethic and knowledge of the game.

Oh please- it isnt a cap friendly contract... but to say Kobe is "stealing money from the organization" The time warner tv deal that was signed in 2011 was scheduled to generate close to 180 million a year for 20 years. At the time of the contract- Kobe was the most popular player on the planet- and you can bet Time warner didnt agree to those terms because of Jodie Meeks and Wes Johnson....

LOl even to this day with ticket sales, apparel sales, and the tv deal along with other sponsors- Kobes name makes the lakers atleast 15 times what he is being paid.

BTW- I sort of consider myself a kobe hater- but this is one of the stupidest comments Ive seen on here in a while for anybody who follows the NBA

metswon69
10-15-2014, 02:00 AM
I know a lot of people think this is the end of the line for Kobe or his line has already ended and he is just hanging on but it's preseason.