PDA

View Full Version : Preseason surprises:

xbrackattackx
10-11-2014, 08:33 PM
What's your biggest one?

Mine is Andrew Goudelock just scored 30 on the Spurs starters. On efficient shots percentage as well. They played Duncan and Parker for 35 mins.

Now I know this team couldn't handle Spurs on a night to night basis so I'm not talking down. Spurs still won. But it was crazy.

Anyone else surprisingly have a surprise game.

Gallo and Klay Thompson have looked good as well.

I would post this in preseason thread but it's dead.

goingfor28
10-11-2014, 08:35 PM
CDR held Klay Thompson to 2 points in 10 possessions guarding him

naps
10-11-2014, 08:46 PM
James Ennis will surprise so many people this year. Most people probably never heard this name before but they will for sure.

bucketss
10-11-2014, 08:50 PM
tyler ennis, also shout out to khem birch

amos1er
10-11-2014, 08:58 PM
tyler ennis, also shout out to khem birch

So now your a Miami fan...

Stunner
10-11-2014, 09:04 PM
Gasol 9 blocks in 3 games

bucketss
10-11-2014, 09:33 PM
So now your a Miami fan...

no, why would you think that just because i mentioned ennis lol

naps
10-11-2014, 09:50 PM
Tyler Ennis and James Ennis are two different players from Suns and Heat.

Arch Stanton
10-11-2014, 10:06 PM
James Ennis did look good for the Heat, but he was playing against the end the bench/D-League players.

king4day
10-11-2014, 10:27 PM
I know it's just preseason but I'm just shocked at how much trouble the Spurs are having with foreign competition.

BHF
10-11-2014, 11:07 PM
Nuggets rookies are awesome.

xbrackattackx
10-11-2014, 11:10 PM
I wouldn't worry King, Pop will make adjustments.

Ennis has looked amazing for the heat, Napier has not looked bad either.

Gasol is revived in Chi town, thibs got a hold of him.

Kevin Love looked good and so has Anderson V. Dion got like 3 blocks today.

Ezio
10-12-2014, 12:40 AM
I was told that Gasol does not play D.

Kaner
10-12-2014, 01:06 AM
^ and Rose's jump shot falling

also Bennett, Lavine, and Wiggins have all looked really good at times, Minnesota's gonna be a fun team to watch this year.

DillyDill
10-12-2014, 01:36 AM
Not gonna lie but Pau has looked superb. Bulls lookin scary I was one who thought he was done but booooyyyy was I dead wrong

bleedprple&gold
10-12-2014, 02:51 AM
Mine is Andrew Goudelock just scored 30 on the Spurs starters. On efficient shots percentage as well. They played Duncan and Parker for 35 mins.

That's my biggest surprise. Why are the Spurs starters playing so many minutes??

naps
10-12-2014, 06:53 AM
James Ennis did look good for the Heat, but he was playing against the end the bench/D-League players.

By D-league players if you meant pretty much the whole cavs roster minus LeBron and Love then yeah you're right.

And Ennis has put up very impressive performances in all three preseason games.

MonroeFAN
10-12-2014, 07:16 AM
KCP. Most Detroit fans saw a promising player in his rookie season, now his shot looks like it's going to fall. He should turn some heads this season.

Also, still waiting for Jonas V to become an elite, or even better than average starter.

BHF
10-12-2014, 08:06 AM
KCP. Most Detroit fans saw a promising player in his rookie season, now his shot looks like it's going to fall. He should turn some heads this season.

Also, still waiting for Jonas V to become an elite, or even better than average starter.

Its hard on a playoff team when he doesn't get enough touches. He might not become elite but if he played for a bad team like the Pistons i am sure he would do much better.

b_russ
10-12-2014, 09:15 AM
Its hard on a playoff team when he doesn't get enough touches. He might not become elite but if he played for a bad team like the Pistons i am sure he would do much better.

Shots fired at Drummond

I guess I'll compliment Stan Van who has Detroit now playing like a basketball team this season.

ChitownSports16
10-12-2014, 10:49 AM
Well since I've only watched Bulls preseason ima go with Pau. Dude has already been a huge upgrade over Boozer. Noah gonna have another good year with pressure coming off the shoulders. Then Rose looks like a way different player then he did in FIFA. Excited to see our 5 heathy.

Goose17
10-12-2014, 10:51 AM
Blake Griffin has a jump shot > everything else mentioned in this thread.

ewing
10-12-2014, 11:02 AM
Well since I've only watched Bulls preseason ima go with Pau. Dude has already been a huge upgrade over Boozer. Noah gonna have another good year with pressure coming off the shoulders. Then Rose looks like a way different player then he did in FIFA. Excited to see our 5 heathy.

the bulls are interesting. I don't know if i have seen a team where the 2 best players on the squad were 7 foot tall

TrueFan420
10-12-2014, 11:21 AM
Only watched the Warriors... So for me it's Klay. He looks like a different player. He can still play d and hit 3's like no body's business but he's become much more aggressive in attacking the hoop. Which is also getting him to the line more. He wants to earn a max.

xbrackattackx
10-15-2014, 12:21 AM
Davis,Love,Milsap and Bosh all looked great tonight!

Gators123
10-15-2014, 10:00 AM

Doubt it. If he played for the Pistons he would get even less touches because he would be backing up Drummond.

72 Wins
10-15-2014, 10:17 AM
Jimmy Butler looks fantastic. His offensive game has improved 10 fold thus far. I hope it carries over to the regular season.

MonroeFAN
10-15-2014, 11:56 AM
Lance Stephenson looks like hot garbage and so does Charlotte.

Can't wait until the regular season.

MonroeFAN
10-15-2014, 12:00 PM

A playoff team? As if Toronto has made the post-season with any regularity. If I were you I would cling onto last season for dear life, and never let go. Everyone had to hear about how good he was going to be, and how much better he was than Drummond, and he was mediocre again. You're going to hear about it.

PS and btw, guess who finally got a coach? Let's revisit this discussion at the end of the season.

kdspurman
10-15-2014, 12:44 PM
That's my biggest surprise. Why are the Spurs starters playing so many minutes??

Pop said he played Parker and Duncan so much cause they both wanted to get a good run. They haven't played all summer and Parker missed the start of training camp, so they wanted to see how their conditioning was. And they were playing in another country so I think there may have been that factoring in to let other fans watch them. Tim is not travelling for their next game (neither is Leonard (eye infection), Splitter (calf), or Manu (probably rest) )

So i think you'll see him wind it down a bit on Duncan/Manu and Parker to a lesser extent while he continues to work himself into game shape.

kdspurman
10-15-2014, 12:46 PM
I know it's just preseason but I'm just shocked at how much trouble the Spurs are having with foreign competition.

Even though they've got the same squad, you have to factor that most of these guys didn't play all summer in that kind of competition. It'll take a few games for them to get back into their groove. And they've got some injuries they're working with, with Mills out, Splitter, and Kawhi's eye infection. Green didn't play the last game either as he was being rested.

So playing with different lineups, pre-season roster fill-in guys, rust, etc... A number of things.

SoCal Bob
10-15-2014, 12:49 PM
Davis is looking like he's about to have a monster year. Could be an MVP candidate.

bgdreton
10-15-2014, 01:17 PM
CDR held Klay Thompson to 2 points in 10 possessions guarding him

Lol ok cute stat.....l

MonroeFAN
10-15-2014, 01:39 PM
this Piston team looks good.

pebloemer
10-15-2014, 02:08 PM
I had a dream last night that Drummond had 91 rebounds in a pre-season game. Random, I know.

WaDe03
10-15-2014, 02:16 PM
James Ennis

Wades 3 point shot

Bruno
10-15-2014, 03:07 PM
I was told that Gasol does not play D.

he hasn't played any D since 2011. if he can channel his 2010 thunder for you guys you guys got quite the player on discount.

Crackadalic
10-15-2014, 03:15 PM
Miami look like they might be a bubble playoff team then what I expected

dalton749
10-15-2014, 04:44 PM
Bruno caboclo doesn't look 2 years away from being 2 years away.
Already showing good 3 point shooting and defensive instincts, should be able to contribute within 2 years when he gets stronger and learns English lol

Deception
10-15-2014, 04:45 PM
davis is looking like he's about to have a monster year. Could be an mvp candidate.

lol lol lol

Stunner
10-15-2014, 04:50 PM
This is a no surprise

@Mike_Bresnahan: Nash hurt his back carrying bags today, Byron Scott said. Did not practice. Wouldn't count on him playing Thursday vs. Utah.

xbrackattackx
10-15-2014, 05:05 PM
To the Piston fan Lol Lol lol'sing Anthony David. You must not have watched Fiba or Pre-season. So far homeboy had like 28 last night on great efficiently, over ten rebounds and four blocks! Think he had like 4 assist. Those are nice number for a power forward,Him and Ryan Anderson compliment Osik perfect!

Also can't wait to tip off, this may be the most spread out on talent I have ever seen the NBA.

xbrackattackx
10-15-2014, 05:06 PM
This is a no surprise

@Mike_Bresnahan: Nash hurt his back carrying bags today, Byron Scott said. Did not practice. Wouldn't count on him playing Thursday vs. Utah.

Out for season now lol. Kobe will stump his toe and break his neck next with the way my lakers luck have been.

Confusious
10-15-2014, 05:31 PM
Out for season now lol. Kobe will stump his toe and break his neck next with the way my lakers luck have been.
I don't know why but that made me snort.

MonroeFAN
10-15-2014, 08:37 PM
To the Piston fan Lol Lol lol'sing Anthony David. You must not have watched Fiba or Pre-season. So far homeboy had like 28 last night on great efficiently, over ten rebounds and four blocks! Think he had like 4 assist. Those are nice number for a power forward,Him and Ryan Anderson compliment Osik perfect!

Also can't wait to tip off, this may be the most spread out on talent I have ever seen the NBA.

You would be foolish to Deny his talents. But NOH doing well enough for him to win MVP seems unlikely.

SeoulBeatz
10-15-2014, 09:23 PM

Yep, he looks exactly how I thought he'd look on a bad team that can't disguise his weaknesses.

He has a chance to prove me wrong in the regular season but I still think he was incredibly overrated last year.

Matter.
10-15-2014, 09:24 PM
LeBron has been a surprise.

xbrackattackx
10-15-2014, 11:56 PM
You would be foolish to Deny his talents. But NOH doing well enough for him to win MVP seems unlikely.

I totally get that. And would tend to agree unless Eric Gordon and Tyreke play great. But that's a big if. Josh smith looking good tonight though. And so was DJ and Monroe.

FriedTofuz
10-16-2014, 01:21 AM
Raptors have been surprising. They've pretty much not played their starters, only 1 starter a night gets more than 20 min, and have really used their bench depth to take games away from teams on the road. I know pre-season is the time to see what younger guys, those with non-guranteed contracts can do, but some teams have been playing their best youth ( like the celtics) and have lost to Toronto's bench. I think it says a lot about the team for their 2nd unit. Lou williams has been on fire, and considering the raptors gave up salmons who pretty much shot 30% the entire reg season, It was a great trade.

Stunner
10-16-2014, 11:59 PM
Jimmy Butler has been amazing

Stunner
10-17-2014, 12:58 AM
Jimmy Buckets [emoji48] http://youtu.be/kTO5D4pQAx0

deaner
10-17-2014, 01:19 AM
I had a dream last night that Drummond had 91 rebounds in a pre-season game. Random, I know.

All josh Smith misses? Or were they drummond's shots outside of 2 ft?

dalton749
10-17-2014, 03:08 AM
that game from jimmy butler was impressive

MonroeFAN
10-17-2014, 08:21 AM

:'-(

MonroeFAN
10-17-2014, 08:22 AM
Jimmy Butler is lights out, dang.

Gators123
10-17-2014, 09:31 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsXtYdHWyBU

;)

MonroeFAN
10-17-2014, 09:42 AM
^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7ljJGFtkdM&spfreload=10%20Message%3A%20JSON%20Parse%20error%3 A%20Unexpected%20EOF%20(url%3A%20https%3A%2F%2Fwww .youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DR7ljJGFtkdM)

kduce
10-17-2014, 11:33 AM
My honest opinion... sure, it's hard to move up on a playoff team and I get that. But, you put Drummond on that Raptors team there is no way he is not getting heavy minutes and doing work.

MonroeFAN
10-17-2014, 11:48 AM
Wasn't trying to turn this into another Jonas vs Drummond topic. I would hope that's not still up for debate.

xbrackattackx
10-17-2014, 03:44 PM
I would almost say raptors move up a spot in standings in the east,maybe two of they had Drummond.

Crackadalic
10-17-2014, 06:12 PM
I don't see the Hornets making the playoffs and the heat isn't a top 4 seed like I thought they were

BHF
10-17-2014, 09:13 PM
I would almost say raptors move up a spot in standings in the east,maybe two of they had Drummond.

And the team IQ drops by 50%

Hulk6
10-17-2014, 09:38 PM
And the team IQ drops by 50%

IQ > Wins?

FriedTofuz
10-17-2014, 11:23 PM
Raptors are 5-1. They look like they have a lot of depth and T-ross and Jval have improved. Not to mention that Lou williams looks as good as his philly days, that is a team to watch out for.

BHF
10-17-2014, 11:47 PM
IQ > Wins?

Because Drummond is such a proven winner.

xbrackattackx
10-17-2014, 11:48 PM
Raptors are 5-1. They look like they have a lot of depth and T-ross and Jval have improved. Not to mention that Lou williams looks as good as his philly days, that is a team to watch out for.

T-Ross wasn't playing tonight. He looked awesome.

FriedTofuz
10-18-2014, 12:08 AM
T-Ross wasn't playing tonight. He looked awesome.

T-Ross played and was the leading scorer.

TrueFan420
10-18-2014, 12:46 AM
Because Drummond is such a proven winner.

The Pistons might have sucked but his talent is real. And on the raps he'd be a 3rd option.

Crackadalic
10-18-2014, 01:01 AM
Utah has impress the hell out of me. Might actual win 30 games this year

Vampirate
10-18-2014, 01:05 AM
^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7ljJGFtkdM&spfreload=10%20Message%3A%20JSON%20Parse%20error%3 A%20Unexpected%20EOF%20(url%3A%20https%3A%2F%2Fwww .youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DR7ljJGFtkdM)

Ok, this gave me a chuckle since it came from a Pistons fan.

Also, let's not get into this, i'd ask the Pistons fans to stay low, us Raptors fans are busy arguing with Knick fans atm.

PacersForLife
10-18-2014, 02:29 AM

http://img2.tgdaily.com/sites/default/files/stock/mr_burns_excellent_0.jpg
I liked Lance when he was here and all, but I would be lying if I said it wouldn't make me a little happy if he doesn't pan out in Charlotte.

xbrackattackx
10-18-2014, 11:48 AM
T-Ross played and was the leading scorer.

I think you misinterpreted what I was saying guy, I said he wasn't playing, as in taking care of business. Not a DNP. Why would I say he was awesome, if he did not play?

MonroeFAN
10-18-2014, 11:52 AM
Ok, this gave me a chuckle since it came from a Pistons fan.

Also, let's not get into this, i'd ask the Pistons fans to stay low, us Raptors fans are busy arguing with Knick fans atm.

The Pistons have won more in the last decade than your organization ever will. Congratulations on 1 winning season. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we are better than you this season, or close now that we have a competent coach.

Regardless, no one is impressed or threatened in the least bit by the Raptors. Every one of you should come down off of your high horse. A lot of things went well for you last season. 1 season does not give you any right to talk down other fans, and Drummond would **** on JVal, that is not up for discussion any more.

Goose17
10-18-2014, 11:55 AM
I still think he was incredibly overrated last year.

:clap:

Vampirate
10-18-2014, 12:28 PM
The Pistons have won more in the last decade than your organization will ever. Congratulations on 1 winning season. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we are better than you this season, or close now that we have a competent coach.

Regardless, no one is impressed or threatened in the least bit by the Raptors. Every one of you come down off of your high horse.

I think you're unfairly grouping me with the more vocal Raptors fans and took my post out of context. Ithought it was funny that you posted that video because I thought a Raptor fan would have responded to something like that.

I thought recently it was a knick-raptor fan war and the whole piston raptor fan spat died down.

As for franchise history the Pistons have been better as have 28 other teams (being a Toronto sports fan is depressing), though recently overall the Raptors have the edge over the Pistons, Drummond and possibly Van Gundy aside (I say possibly because no one knows how good Van Gundy will be in the president's role).

Anyways to both Raptors and Pistons fans can you please both shut up about it. I'm tired of hearing this argument, congrats Piston fans your team has a potential superstar, the only thing I worry about is how long he can be playing at a super high level as his game relies mostly on athletisism, and you have to sort out the mess that Dumars left behind. It's not going to be easy to build a contender while he's still in his prime, nice core piece nontheless.

Raptors fans, the Pistons have arguably the best player in Drummond going forwards, get over it, you can't be right in the draft all the time, Pistons fans know this as well. Look, the Raptors may not have a potential superstar on their roster but both Val and Ross have both All Star potential. Right now, the Pistons have the best building piece but the Raptors are in a much better position overall. can't we all just agree on that and move on?

A weary Raptors fan.

FriedTofuz
10-18-2014, 12:37 PM
Everyone knows from stAts that Drummond is better than val. I agree with you, but I wouldnt consider drummond a superstar. He's an elite garbage man but his offensive game needs a lot of work.

Vampirate
10-18-2014, 12:43 PM
Everyone knows from stAts that Drummond is better than val. I agree with you, but I wouldnt consider drummond a superstar. He's an elite garbage man but his offensive game needs a lot of work.

I said potential superstar, just like Ross and Val are potential All Stars, whether either of these 3 reach their potential is anyone's guess.

WaDe03
10-18-2014, 07:04 PM
The Pistons have won more in the last decade than your organization ever will. Congratulations on 1 winning season. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we are better than you this season, or close now that we have a competent coach.

Regardless, no one is impressed or threatened in the least bit by the Raptors. Every one of you should come down off of your high horse. A lot of things went well for you last season. 1 season does not give you any right to talk down other fans, and Drummond would **** on JVal, that is not up for discussion any more.

But when It comes down to it y'all only won one championship in the last decade. I don't think it's crazy to say one day the Raptors will win a championship.

There's probably more people scared of the Raptors than there are people scared of the Pistons. Make the playoffs first.

Goose17
10-18-2014, 07:09 PM
There's probably more people scared of the Raptors than there are people scared of the Pistons. Make the playoffs first.

Without a doubt.^

Goose17
10-18-2014, 07:12 PM
I think you're unfairly grouping me with the more vocal Raptors fans and took my post out of context. Ithought it was funny that you posted that video because I thought a Raptor fan would have responded to something like that.

I thought recently it was a knick-raptor fan war and the whole piston raptor fan spat died down.

As for franchise history the Pistons have been better as have 28 other teams (being a Toronto sports fan is depressing), though recently overall the Raptors have the edge over the Pistons, Drummond and possibly Van Gundy aside (I say possibly because no one knows how good Van Gundy will be in the president's role).

Anyways to both Raptors and Pistons fans can you please both shut up about it. I'm tired of hearing this argument, congrats Piston fans your team has a potential superstar, the only thing I worry about is how long he can be playing at a super high level as his game relies mostly on athletisism, and you have to sort out the mess that Dumars left behind. It's not going to be easy to build a contender while he's still in his prime, nice core piece nontheless.

Raptors fans, the Pistons have arguably the best player in Drummond going forwards, get over it, you can't be right in the draft all the time, Pistons fans know this as well. Look, the Raptors may not have a potential superstar on their roster but both Val and Ross have both All Star potential. Right now, the Pistons have the best building piece but the Raptors are in a much better position overall. can't we all just agree on that and move on?

A weary Raptors fan.

Sorry but I think you've posted on the wrong forum. We do not accept calm and we'll thought out posts that try to settle arguments peacefully. This is PSD. Go full blown fan boy or leave.

...jokes.

MonroeFAN
10-18-2014, 07:36 PM
I can respect his response. I won't prod for an argument here. I think we will make the playoffs every year, that's what fans should do.

WaDe03
10-18-2014, 07:40 PM
I can respect his response. I won't prod for an argument here. I think we will make the playoffs every year, that's what fans should do.

I agree! You should always have faith in your team. If not why even be a fan?

albertajaysfan
10-18-2014, 07:41 PM
My biggest preseason surprise has nothing to do with anything on the court. It is how arrogant some of my fellow Raps fans have become after making the playoffs...

It is annoying because it makes trying to have a conversation in the general forums difficult because I get lumped in with them. It also brings out the worst in other teams fans.

Vampirate
10-18-2014, 10:32 PM
Sorry but I think you've posted on the wrong forum. We do not accept calm and we'll thought out posts that try to settle arguments peacefully. This is PSD. Go full blown fan boy or leave.

...jokes.

Oh ok....uuhhhhhh KOBE KOBE KOBE KOBE.......LEBRON.....UUHHHhhhhh THE RAPTORS ARE GOING TO GO 73 and 9 and WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!....uummmm KOBE KOBE, LEBRON, KOBE, MIKE JAMES!!!

How'd I do? ._.

BHF
10-19-2014, 01:03 AM
Jusuf Nurkic this guy can play and he is 7 ft 280 lbs

ewing
10-20-2014, 08:48 PM
How has anderson varejao looked? I remember before Bron left and he kept getting hurt i really thought this guy was poised to become the kind of player we that noah become last year (maybe not quite as good but an all around impact energy guy that could pass and just play smart ball while playing a super high energy game)