PDA

View Full Version : Better Record/Deeper post season run: Bulls or Clippers?

Purch
10-11-2014, 03:25 PM
These two teams seem to be the teams that will be close too the top of their conference, but people seem to waiver on their label as contenders( When compared to the Spurs, Thunder and Cavs)

So two questions:

1. Who has the better overall record this season?

2. Who has the deeper post season run?

Arch Stanton
10-11-2014, 03:29 PM
Good question. The Clippers have a better team, but play in a more difficult conference. The Bulls play in an easier conference but will they get past the Cavs? Will Derrick Rose stay healthy? I'll give the edge to the Clippers.

5ass
10-11-2014, 03:40 PM
Clips. I'm predicting they make the finals this year.

abe_froman
10-11-2014, 03:41 PM
clips will have the better record,bulls will go deeper(its just easier in the east)

goingfor28
10-11-2014, 03:45 PM
Clippers

PowerHouse
10-11-2014, 03:52 PM
Clippers are the better team but I think they may suffer another 2nd round elimination simply because of the strength of the west. I see the Bulls making it to the conference finals in the weak east.

JEDean89
10-11-2014, 10:31 PM
i actually don't see the clipps winning 58+ this year. There are just too many good teams in the west this season and if you are sleeping on the Lakers, Jazz, Wolves, Nuggets, Pelicans then you are tripping. All of those teams will be hungry to compete every night and if you catch them on the 2nd night of a back to back in their house you will be facing tough odds. In the East, The Bulls will be able to take advantage of teams in their division (Bucks, Pacers, Pistons) and also feed off of some of the Easts other weak teams (Celtics, Magic, 76ers). I just think it will be easier to win games in the East.

Purch
10-12-2014, 06:56 PM
Interested in seeing more perspectives

Shammyguy3
10-12-2014, 07:00 PM
I think the Bulls have a better record and get deeper in the post-season. The Bulls will win around 60 games this season, the Clippers will be in the mid to late 50s so it's really close. I just give the Bulls an edge because of the conferences. And similarly for why they advance farther in the playoffs.

I will say though, i think the Bulls will be a better team regardless of the above statements. In a 7-game series I think the Bulls would win, although I know that's not a very popular opinion due to the mystery of Rose's health and the consistency of the Clippers' franchise right now

koreancabbage
10-13-2014, 10:32 PM
Clippers will **** it up somehow.

#samestorydifferentyear

Goose17
10-14-2014, 02:27 AM
Better record will be the Bulls. Especially if rose is healthy.

They'll probably have the deeper playoff run as well, given the fact they're in the East.

Plus. Clippers suck.

Sincerely,

Bored Warriors Fan.

bbcmillionaire
10-14-2014, 05:39 AM
Lol what if it's a bulls vs clippers championship?

amos1er
10-14-2014, 05:57 AM
All comes down to two things IMO... Weakness of conference and the dreaded injury bug. If all of Chicago's players can stay healthy, then due to the weakness of their conference and respective talent level, I can see them having the odds in their favor to go further. So basically if everyone stays healthy, Chicago would be my pick.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-14-2014, 01:36 PM
Bulls easily.

MickeyMgl
10-14-2014, 02:02 PM
These two teams seem to be the teams that will be close too the top of their conference, but people seem to waiver on their label as contenders( When compared to the Spurs, Thunder and Cavs)

So two questions:

1. Bulls
2. Bulls

They're the better team.

Chronz
10-14-2014, 02:06 PM
Bulls are the most logical answer for both, but make no mistake, the Clips have the better team.

DoMeFavors
10-14-2014, 02:14 PM
Clippers will take a big step back this season

All of their role playing vets are a year older Hedo,Jamal,Barnes,Davis

They went from Bledsoe to Darren Collison to Jordan Farmar

A nice backup Center in Hawes but Jordan and Blake will play most minutes anyway.

but Bulls will struggle with offense again, they need a primary scorer besides Rose who is doubtful to be back to 2010 form ever again.

MickeyMgl
10-14-2014, 02:37 PM
Bulls will struggle with offense again, they need a primary scorer besides Rose who is doubtful to be back to 2010 form ever again.

You know they got Pau Gasol?

MonroeFAN
10-14-2014, 02:44 PM
Depends on whether Vintage Aaron Brooks shows up or not.

Chronz
10-14-2014, 02:58 PM
Clippers will take a big step back this season

All of their role playing vets are a year older Hedo,Jamal,Barnes,Davis

They went from Bledsoe to Darren Collison to Jordan Farmar

A nice backup Center in Hawes but Jordan and Blake will play most minutes anyway.

but Bulls will struggle with offense again, they need a primary scorer besides Rose who is doubtful to be back to 2010 form ever again.

PG spot has declined but if Reddick has a relatively healthy year, he should help pick up the slack in terms of backcourt production. PG is usually the easiest position to replace and Farmar had a great year in NJ some time back, maybe CP3 plays more games this year. Anyways, those are valid concerns the only one Im not buying is the Hawes complaint.

The Clips biggest weakness has been its frontcourt depth, primarily from the bigs. Hawes is a HUGE upgrade in that department. And you cant casually dismiss his addition in one sentence because of DJ/Blake and then go on to mention the likes of Hedo/Davis declining in another. Hawes will eat up their minutes, those guys should play peripheral roles now.

DoMeFavors
10-14-2014, 02:59 PM
You know they got Pau Gasol?

First of all he isnt Pau Gasol of Lakers days or close to Memphis days but even if he was he is a back to the basket guy. A guy who can create his own shot on wings would be helpful which Butler and Dunleavy lack.

DoMeFavors
10-14-2014, 03:09 PM
PG spot has declined but if Reddick has a relatively healthy year, he should help pick up the slack in terms of backcourt production. PG is usually the easiest position to replace and Farmar had a great year in NJ some time back, maybe CP3 plays more games this year. Anyways, those are valid concerns the only one Im not buying is the Hawes complaint.

The Clips biggest weakness has been its frontcourt depth, primarily from the bigs. Hawes is a HUGE upgrade in that department. And you cant casually dismiss his addition in one sentence because of DJ/Blake and then go on to mention the likes of Hedo/Davis declining in another. Hawes will eat up their minutes, those guys should play peripheral roles now.

Hawes helps them but their front court is probably their best positions of their team, Hawes wont be used to his full potential because of his minutes id say. Would have been safer to use their MLE on a SF because of their lack of anything there. But Hawes could be a great trade piece so you can look out for that.

Showtime Steve
10-14-2014, 04:18 PM
Clippers will probably have better record because rose will rest, and clippers style of play makes for dominating when you see a team once for two months or so. Their bigs can't hit ft's which is big in PO, and they seem unwilling to commit to doc's style of defense. 2nd rd exit. Bulls go farther in PO because this defense and his personnel can lock down most positions one on one and will be in top 3 in team defense. Resting rose pays off especially in a getting more depleted every day east. They settle for fourth place and make finals vs wiz. Not sold on cavs defending anything. Lebron works hard to change this teams mentality and adjust to his style of play. And all the limelight. Much like first year of big 3, but wade had exp.

todu82
10-14-2014, 05:42 PM
Clippers

AddiX
10-14-2014, 05:46 PM
Bulls, I think they had one hell of a off season, rose doesnt even need to do much.

Imo bulls are best team in the east.

MickeyMgl
10-15-2014, 06:18 PM
First of all he isnt Pau Gasol of Lakers days or close to Memphis days but even if he was he is a back to the basket guy. A guy who can create his own shot on wings would be helpful which Butler and Dunleavy lack.

A guy who can create his shot in the post, and pass out of the post, is far more valuable to the offense as a whole.

P&GRealist
10-16-2014, 04:43 AM
Clips. I'm predicting they make the finals this year.
On what basis?

Last 3 yrs:

2nd round sweep
1st rd loss
2nd rd loss

And now all of a sudden, they make the finals ? :confused:

Goose17
10-16-2014, 05:52 AM
On what basis?

Last 3 yrs:

2nd round sweep
1st rd loss
2nd rd loss

And now all of a sudden, they make the finals ? :confused:

Why not?

Kyben36
10-16-2014, 07:26 AM

So two questions:

Healthy, Bulls, East is weeker and they will get farther, but, if they arnt healthy, all bets are off, Clips are very good and can very well make it all the way, dont get me wrong, but the west is soo good its hard to tell if they are a 1 and done vs a mavs team, or a championship tittle team

East is weak and the bulls will get farther healthy.

PhillyFaninLA
10-16-2014, 07:48 AM
I'm not sure Noah and Rose can play together. Noah has excelled when Rose has been out. I question there chemistry.