PDA

View Full Version : Rick Carlisle calls out Chandler Parsons for being out of shape

spreadeagle
10-11-2014, 12:14 PM
Chandler Parsons was the marquee free agent acquisition for the Mavericks this summer, who signed him to a three-year contract worth more than $46 million that the Rockets called “untradeable,” and decided not to match.

Because of the fact that he was after a new deal, Parsons didn’t push himself too hard in workouts in the early part of the offseason; an injury, after all, would have severely affected the new contract he was seeking.

He came to training camp bulkier than expected, and Mavericks head coach Rick Carlisle mentioned the fact that “bulkier” to him meant that Parsons was out of shape.

This wasn’t a big deal, because many players use training camp and the preseason to work themselves into shape. But it may be becoming one, because Carlisle is hammering Parsons about it on a daily basis.

From Tim MacMahon of ESPN Dallas:

For the second time since the Mavs reported to camp, Carlisle made a point to note that Parsons needs to shed weight. …

“He looked tired out there tonight to me, and his shot is short,” Carlisle said. “He’s working on losing some weight. He’s a little bit heavier than he’s been. He’s up over 230, and we want to see him get down to at least 225. That’s a work in progress, and tonight’s one of those nights where I think the extra weight was a hindrance.” …

“His opinion of heavy is different than mine,” said Parsons, who was 1-of-6 from 3-point range against the Thunder. “We kind of go at it every day about it. At the end of the day, I respect his opinion. After training camp, my weight fluctuates. I’ll get it down.” http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/11/chandler-parsons-at-odds-with-mavericks-coach-rick-carlisle-over-his-weight/

GiantsSwaGG
10-11-2014, 12:27 PM
That fat new contract have him eatting good I see

Raps18-19 Champ
10-11-2014, 01:57 PM
On another article it said that the weight he put on was a lot of muscle since he expects to play PF with Dirk resting some games.

Mr.B
10-12-2014, 01:54 AM
This is Carlisle's way of preventing Parsons from becoming a diva. Carlisle will ride him relentlessly to make sure that he understands he's not bigger than the team. He's done this with Dirk too calling out Dirk in his lack of defense. He also did it with Kidd during their Championship run calling out Kidd on his reluctance to shoot.

Thumper 88
10-12-2014, 10:18 AM
He's not out of shape for being fat..

This thread title is very inaccurate and misleading.

beldugo
10-12-2014, 10:35 AM
Out of shape? this thread title is misleading.

Goose17
10-12-2014, 10:37 AM
This is Carlisle's way of preventing Parsons from becoming a diva. Carlisle will ride him relentlessly to make sure that he understands he's not bigger than the team. He's done this with Dirk too calling out Dirk in his lack of defense. He also did it with Kidd during their Championship run calling out Kidd on his reluctance to shoot.

Yep^

I like Carlisle and this is just standard "him"

Verbal Christ
10-14-2014, 07:24 PM
Ohhh the drama! LOL somehow fitting how well both sides were meant for each other with Carlisle apologizing for his comments.

They just canceled the drama Dallas? Not so fast! Stay tuned!