PDA

View Full Version : Will you be Sad or Relieved When Kobe Retires in 2 yrs?

Pages : [1] 2

P&GRealist
10-11-2014, 07:33 AM
I just wanted to get the sense from people here on how they perceive Kobe today. Have your perceptions changed about him over the years?

Who here will be sad when he retires in 2 yrs from now, and who here will be relieved and happy that he's finally gone?

I'm adding a poll.

Blink
10-11-2014, 08:20 AM
Sad. Kobe/Duncan/Dirk will be the end of an Era that made me a fan of the NBA.

nickdymez
10-11-2014, 08:40 AM
Agreed with blink. As a Lakers fan ,kobe has been playing with my favorite team for 20 years, a little over half my life. It's definitely going to be sad for me. Probably the way die hard Yankees fans feel about Jeter.

eso
10-11-2014, 09:06 AM
I don't think he retires in 2 years... Can see another 2 year contract after that, but either way I will be sad when he walks away from the game, anybody who says anything diffrent is not a true basketball fan.

tredigs
10-11-2014, 09:33 AM
I feel like we've gotten a pretty good taste of it with the Lakers falling out of relevance the past couple years and not seeing him in a post-season game in that time (or in his future going forward if we're being realistic), plus not playing more than a few games last year.

The league is a little less fun without him, that's for sure.

Goose17
10-11-2014, 09:38 AM
Bitter sweet. Neither of your poll options reflect my feelings on it.

I will be sad because we will have lost one of the most entertaining players to watch that the game has ever had. But I will also be happy, because honestly, I've never been a big fan of him, he's a Laker. Also I'm intrigued to see what he does next, I'm putting money on him following MJ and becoming a GM, I mean he's copied him his entire life so why stop now, I can't see him having the patience for coaching, this or an analyst for one of the pre/post game shows, his basketball I.Q would be beneficial there.

mightybosstone
10-11-2014, 09:57 AM

This.

I've always loathed Kobe as a player. He has killed the Rockets time after time and he has been a villainous character for me since I was a kid and the Shaq/Kobe Lakers were beating up on the Francis/Mobley/Yao trio. And for the longest time I disliked him off the court, from the rape case to his interviews. Hell, I pretty much root for any team against Kobe and the Lakers and have for the better part of a decade.

But that doesn't mean I don't respect him or that he's not a fun player to watch when he's not playing your favorite team. I've seen that man do incredible things with a basketball, and while I always cursed him every time I saw him do it, I was still in awe of him. I've even grown to respect him as a person for his worth ethic and his determination to be the best at what he does.

The NBA needs heroes and villains, and regardless of how you view the man, the NBA's shine will be a little less brighter without Kobe Bryant.

curtcocaine
10-11-2014, 10:13 AM
Best player from my generation.

curtcocaine
10-11-2014, 10:14 AM
**** lachaser

Cal827
10-11-2014, 10:25 AM
I can see hundreds of bans the day Kobe announces his retirement.

And WELCOME BACK PG :laugh2:

My sentiments are similar to Blink though. Kobe/Duncan/Dirk were some of the main guys I remembered watching (Well Carter was another, but he acted like a baby lol). They stayed with a single franchise throughout their careers and won titles there (I know that Kobe at one point asked the Lakers to look at trade options so someone don't point that out lol)

Nowadays everyone wants to play on each other's teams to win.

Sadds The Gr8
10-11-2014, 12:04 PM
I'll miss cheering against him. Sports with a dominant superstar to dislike makes it more fun. Feel the same way about Tom Brady

GoferKing_
10-11-2014, 12:33 PM
Kobe won't retire. xD

likemystylez
10-11-2014, 12:45 PM

I will be sad because we will have lost one of the most entertaining players to watch that the game has ever had. But I will also be happy, because honestly, I've never been a big fan of him, he's a Laker. Also I'm intrigued to see what he does next, I'm putting money on him following MJ and becoming a GM, I mean he's copied him his entire life so why stop now, I can't see him having the patience for coaching, this or an analyst for one of the pre/post game shows, his basketball I.Q would be beneficial there.

he has the knowledge to be really good as an analyst, but his personality isnt very likeable. He's very into himself and he wouldnt bend his opinion for anyone- LOL even if it happened to be wrong. He sort of reminds me of Rick Barry. Kobe would not follow the rules of his network and sugar coat certain things for the sake of the league... which would make his views as an analyst completely authentic which is good.... but sponsors dont always want that.

likemystylez
10-11-2014, 12:49 PM
I'll miss cheering against him. Sports with a dominant superstar to dislike makes it more fun. Feel the same way about Tom Brady

This- hes the randy orton of the NBA

b_russ
10-11-2014, 01:18 PM
This.

I've always loathed Kobe as a player. He has killed the Rockets time after time and he has been a villainous character for me since I was a kid and the Shaq/Kobe Lakers were beating up on the Francis/Mobley/Yao trio. And for the longest time I disliked him off the court, from the rape case to his interviews. Hell, I pretty much root for any team against Kobe and the Lakers and have for the better part of a decade.

But that doesn't mean I don't respect him or that he's not a fun player to watch when he's not playing your favorite team. I've seen that man do incredible things with a basketball, and while I always cursed him every time I saw him do it, I was still in awe of him. I've even grown to respect him as a person for his worth ethic and his determination to the best at what he does.

The NBA needs heroes and villains, and regardless of how you view the man, the NBA's shine will be a little less brighter without Kobe Bryant.

I feel the exact same although I will say for about his first season and a half I thought I was a fan but that has really changed over the years. That's not to take anything away from how remarkably he refined the talent he became throughout his career.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-11-2014, 01:58 PM
Agreed with blink. As a Lakers fan ,kobe has been playing with my favorite team for 20 years, a little over half my life. It's definitely going to be sad for me. Probably the way die hard Yankees fans feel about Jeter.

This. I love Kobe leading my team to multiple championships.

archdevil84
10-11-2014, 02:45 PM
i wil miss him even though i've only been following the NBA since 2011 and also being a miami heat fan. Stil an awesome classic player who brings competition to the league no matter the cost or how bad his team is

THE MTL
10-11-2014, 03:51 PM
I grew up on Kobe Iverson Carter. Basketball will be difficult to imagine without him. And this is coming from someone who hated Kobe but over the years have more than gained my respect.

But he should def retire while still remaining the man.

bucketss
10-11-2014, 04:11 PM
i would be surprised if lasts another two years to be honest, ehhh whatever, won't feel anything, he hasn't been relevant for awhile now anyways.

PowerHouse
10-11-2014, 04:22 PM
If he's feeling good at the end of that contract who's to say for sure that he'll retire?

ManningToTyree
10-11-2014, 04:25 PM
Sad. Same thing with Duncan when he hangs em. Truly amazing careers to watch develop.

Jamiecballer
10-11-2014, 04:38 PM
Sort of glad. I dislike him very much as a human but that's not it. he's the last remaining megastar from an era when we basically used our eyes only to tell us who was great and who was not. I will be glad from that respect.

Vee-Rex
10-11-2014, 04:42 PM
Only a 10 yr old kid would be relieved.

Kobe's skills, attitude, and determination is legendary. Those older players (Kobe, KG, Duncan) played with a passion that just doesn't exist in today's game. Will be a sad day when he retires.

xbrackattackx
10-11-2014, 04:42 PM
He's my third favorite laker of all time. I may be a homer but I will miss him, hell I've missed him being healthy the last two seasons. I will also be sad when Duncan and Dirk call it a wrap. Kobe will always be around the game though, or so I hope.

Iron24th
10-11-2014, 04:56 PM
Will be sad to see him retire, his competitiveness and desire to win was definitely unmatched the last decade

amos1er
10-11-2014, 08:18 PM
This.

But that doesn't mean I don't respect him or that he's not a fun player to watch when he's not playing your favorite team. I've seen that man do incredible things with a basketball, and while I always cursed him every time I saw him do it, I was still in awe of him. I've even grown to respect him as a person for his worth ethic and his determination to the best at what he does.

Wow... Very nice. One of your best posts ever. In fact, I would say that this is your best post by far. Keep up the good work. :)

canzano55
10-12-2014, 04:08 PM
I never particularly liked him but I respect him.

However LA fans and Kobe fans in general have been insufferable over the years. They troll home games because it's their moment to show the world how pathetic they are with their bandwagon loyalty etc.

I'm relieved that the Lakers are now an irrelevant team and so now it's time for other people (especially fans) to be in the spotlight now.

Bruno
10-12-2014, 04:22 PM
I've been mentally preparing since he lost his legs towards the end of the 2011 run. i try and appreciate every game of his I see, including preseason; the footwork, that's what its all about when we talk about Kobe. and whats great about it is that that doesn't fade with age, so it's still as excellent as ever to watch. it's gona be tough. the best thing to do is to find newer younger players who's game you appreciate.

More-Than-Most
10-12-2014, 04:30 PM
Serious question. How can any respectable basketball fan actually not enjoy watching Him play? I hate him as much as the next guy and think he is a crap person but he is legit one of the best players of all time and every single time he is on I will watch.

FlashBolt
10-12-2014, 06:45 PM
It will probably be the saddest day in NBA for me. Probably the saddest for modern NBA fans since most of us were too young to watch MJ. Honestly, I would love for Kobe to play till he's 40. He's a top 5 player (IMO) and undoubtedly, one of the most exciting players to watch on both ends. He had his issues but the day he retires, the NBA will take a huge hit.. One of my fave players and call it what you want, he's up there with the best of them. LEGEND!

torocan
10-13-2014, 10:02 AM
Sad.

If you're not sad when a top tier player retires, then you're not a true fan of basketball. Love him or hate him, players like Kobe define an Era.

In 10 years, most of us will barely remember 95% of today's players. We WILL still be talking about players like Kobe and Duncan.

Enjoy and appreciate what those players have brought and continue to bring to the game.

FlashBolt
10-13-2014, 10:43 AM
Sad.

If you're not sad when a top tier player retires, then you're not a true fan of basketball. Love him or hate him, players like Kobe define an Era.

In 10 years, most of us will barely remember 95% of today's players. We WILL still be talking about players like Kobe and Duncan.

Enjoy and appreciate what those players have brought and continue to bring to the game.

Exactly. You can hate Kobe all you want but at the end of the day, he is one of those players you tell future generations about. I'd say his retirement would have more of an impact than when MJ retired because the modern NBA fans have never truly watched MJ as they watched Kobe.

AddiX
10-13-2014, 10:48 AM
Kobe is a Iverson type, he will never accept a lesser role, and will never be able to tell himself the best days are over.

He's dragging the lakers down with him at this point.

He reminds me of a delusional boxer who still thinks he has one last run in him, and your last memories of him end up being of them getting demolished by a guy who wasn't half as good as they were in there prime.

Kobes headed on the basketball version of that path. Its going to be ugly.

aman_13
10-13-2014, 11:25 AM
he has the knowledge to be really good as an analyst, but his personality isnt very likeable. He's very into himself and he wouldnt bend his opinion for anyone- LOL even if it happened to be wrong. He sort of reminds me of Rick Barry. Kobe would not follow the rules of his network and sugar coat certain things for the sake of the league... which would make his views as an analyst completely authentic which is good.... but sponsors dont always want that.

So Barkley 2.0? Lol

jerellh528
10-13-2014, 12:09 PM
sad. Kobe defined the nba post mj. Thats a huge hit for basketball, and it's fans. There's not one player playing today that has his warrior mentality and dedication to the craft.

Stinkyoutsider
10-13-2014, 12:12 PM
He will be missed from the game by all basketball fans imo.

I'm glad he didn't decide to go overseas late in his career and decided to continue to play here...

5ass
10-13-2014, 12:27 PM
The question should've been would you rather see him retire after his contract is up or look for a Manu Ginobili role on a contender.

P&GRealist
10-13-2014, 12:56 PM
The question should've been would you rather see him retire after his contract is up or look for a Manu Ginobili role on a contender.

Or you can just stay on topic.

P&GRealist
10-13-2014, 12:57 PM
I never particularly liked him but I respect him.

However LA fans and Kobe fans in general have been insufferable over the years. They troll home games because it's their moment to show the world how pathetic they are with their bandwagon loyalty etc.

I'm relieved that the Lakers are now an irrelevant team and so now it's time for other people (especially fans) to be in the spotlight now.

But you didn't answer the question.

Try again.

ink
10-13-2014, 01:35 PM
sad. Kobe defined the nba post mj. Thats a huge hit for basketball, and it's fans. There's not one player playing today that has his warrior mentality and dedication to the craft.

That's exactly why I'll be relieved. Hopefully we grow out of the MJ wannabe phase for good when he retires.

5ass
10-13-2014, 01:37 PM
Or you can just stay on topic.

Just seems like a thread fishing for compliments for Kobe... just look at the poll options
Stupid thread, stupid topic. Just wanted to make it useful, but enjoy...

P&GRealist
10-13-2014, 02:08 PM
Just seems like a thread fishing for compliments for Kobe... just look at the poll options
Stupid thread, stupid topic. Just wanted to make it useful, but enjoy...

So you're saying that Kobe should come off the bench and be a 3rd wheel at best behind Carlos Loozer and Swaggy Pee?

Makes sense.

P&GRealist
10-13-2014, 02:09 PM
That's exactly why I'll be relieved. Hopefully we grow out of the MJ wannabe phase for good when he retires.

Is this the personal agenda that you and other mods of ProSportsDaily have all this time and the main driving force motive to be banning Lakers fans and Kobe fans left and right?

NOW I GET IT!

ink
10-13-2014, 02:15 PM

Is this the personal agenda that you and other mods of ProSportsDaily have all this time and the main driving force motive to be banning Lakers fans and Kobe fans left and right?

NOW I GET IT!

Uh no. It has nothing to do with PSD. It has to do with love of the game. If it means I get to say "goodbye ISO ball" and hello to the kind of team ball we've seen exemplified in different ways by teams like SA and GS, I give his retirement a huge thumbs up.

king4day
10-13-2014, 02:20 PM
Indifferent.
Sucks but if he doesn't have it anymore, I don't wanna see him bury himself.

Jamiecballer
10-13-2014, 02:26 PM

NOW I GET IT!
You didn't have a problem when I said something similar and I'm not a MOD btw

5ass
10-13-2014, 03:03 PM
So you're saying that Kobe should come off the bench and be a 3rd wheel at best behind Carlos Loozer and Swaggy Pee?

Makes sense.
How about re-reading what I said?

Leftcoast_yg
10-14-2014, 12:07 AM
Sad, greatest player to wear a Lakers jersey.

Hawkeye15
10-14-2014, 01:50 AM
ready for him to be gone, as am I KG, Duncan, and the rest of their generation. I have been through a handful of generations now, player wise. Looking forward to hating someone from the newer generation....

In all seriousness, great player, all timer, but I have watched since way before he came along. I don't think he, or Duncan/KG/Dirk, etc, need to be held in any greater light than those that came before them, or those coming after them.

Duncan = Donkey
10-14-2014, 02:14 AM
I already feel like he is gone, he's finished. And I dont care anyhow.

Goose17
10-14-2014, 02:24 AM
Uh no. It has nothing to do with PSD. It has to do with love of the game. If it means I get to say "goodbye ISO ball" and hello to the kind of team ball we've seen exemplified in different ways by teams like SA and GS, I give his retirement a huge thumbs up.

Actually, as much as Kobe retiring will suck. I have to say I agree with the above post.

Leach11
10-14-2014, 03:44 AM
Definitely sad. I don't think he's a top 5 player ever, but Kobe is probably the most skilled player I have ever seen outside of Jordan. Also, unlike most, I'm actually a big fan of his personality. Insanely cocky but real.

slashsnake
10-14-2014, 04:07 AM

Meh, I will take great Iso ball in the hands of a great Iso player, just like great team ball in the hands of a great team player. The Lakers wouldn't have been good to watch the past 10 years without him... It isn't like if Kobe left all of a sudden Farmar, Fisher, Bynum, and Metta are whipping it around like the Spurs... It's just one more crappy team in the NBA.

I always liked the Iso ball too. 1 on 1, stop me or double me. Lets feed Kobe or Jordan or Durant or Dr J, and let them go.

amos1er
10-14-2014, 05:54 AM
It will probably be the saddest day in NBA for me. Probably the saddest for modern NBA fans since most of us were too young to watch MJ. Honestly, I would love for Kobe to play till he's 40. He's a top 5 player (IMO) and undoubtedly, one of the most exciting players to watch on both ends. He had his issues but the day he retires, the NBA will take a huge hit.. One of my fave players and call it what you want, he's up there with the best of them. LEGEND!

Well said.

monty77
10-14-2014, 07:21 AM
I don't understand this post... There are no places in the NBA for a player like Bryant? It is imposible a player like him bother anyone. He was great, and he will play very well again, maybe he doesn't reach 25 points per game but this man has proved he loves basketball over all, and this kind of people are necessary to make this sport greater.

Kobe has a huge ethic work, but the most important thing here is his ego. If he success this year and play more than 70 games and he average over 15 points, it will be nice. The next season he will progress more even, because he will have forgotten injury problems, and this is what he needs. He needs a purpose: surpass himself.

Furthermore, he has an excuse: the injury. And maybe Kobe play until 40, like Jordan, Malone or Parish, because he loves this sport. The ego again... Even Michael Jordan didn't overpass 20 point per game in the last season with Wizards.

If he undestand that, and make like Duncan an allow the space to others in the game, he can provide us some beautiful, hot moments again and again. If he wants to be the main player and score 30 point per game, he will play in Europe or Asia in order to get it, just like Iverson, Marbury and so on. We'll lose him...

His own ego makes him one of the greatest player ever in the NBA, and it could also make him give up early. There are a lot of great players who leave the league in next years. I guess Garnett will be the first one, and Nash too. Duncan and Nowizki could play two more years without problem but I doubt they want to. All of them perennial allstar players. There are players more friendly than others, but they all are welcomed if they make basketball a better sport. Once again: I don't understand this post.

IKnowHoops
10-14-2014, 07:54 AM
Dude is a walking Corps, and a shell of his former self. He is, for all intensive purposes, out of the league and it breaks my heart. I miss him dearly. There is only one Kobe...love him or hate him, he brought a lot of watchability to the league.

mightybosstone
10-14-2014, 09:24 AM
ready for him to be gone, as am I KG, Duncan, and the rest of their generation. I have been through a handful of generations now, player wise. Looking forward to hating someone from the newer generation....

In all seriousness, great player, all timer, but I have watched since way before he came along. I don't think he, or Duncan/KG/Dirk, etc, need to be held in any greater light than those that came before them, or those coming after them.
That's a really interesting perspective, and when I think about it, I actually agree with it to some extent. At some point we have to quit hanging on to the previous generation, which has been past their prime for years, and start to appreciate the current generation for what it is. As long as those guys are still here, they'll continue to steal the spotlight from this generation of players. Hell, once Kobe, Dirk and Duncan are gone, I don't even know who will be left for me to pour all my hatred into. Durant? Curry? Griffin? That'll be interesting to see...

Goose17
10-14-2014, 10:20 AM
At some point we have to quit hanging on to the previous generation, which has been past their prime for years, and start to appreciate the current generation for what it is.

That will never happen. You're 100% right but it will never happen. People still talk about the Jordan era and how superior it was and how tough the 80s and 90s basketball was and blah blah blah.

Rose tinted glasses. People don't really appreciate what they've got until it's gone. 20 years from now people will be reminiscing about Harden, Durant, Rose, Curry, Griffin etc talking about how the game isn't the same as it was back then.

Individuals are usually fine. People, collectively, are idiots. That's true for all and every situation in life.

ichitownclowni
10-14-2014, 10:37 AM
Sad man that's my childhood hero. And and Derek Jeter gone in possibly only like 2 yrs? I'm done

P&GRealist
10-16-2014, 04:31 AM
The iso basketball, wanna be Jordan, chuck up selfish inefficient hero ball, my way or the high way, raping white chicks, running star players and coaches outta town, throwing guys under the bus, snitching on them, foul mouth overpaid, anti-team ball, uncoachable, egotistical type of player, figure and person?

Thoughts.

Goose17
10-16-2014, 05:13 AM
So last week my friend gets so drunk he went back to his ex girlfriends parents house, got the spare key that they keep in this fake rock thing, walked in, went upstairs and fell asleep in their bath. They didn't know he was there until the morning.

They made him breakfast and called a taxi for him. He claims to have no memory of the night and was very confused when they woke him up.

goingfor28
10-16-2014, 07:27 AM
:facepalm:

PhillyFaninLA
10-16-2014, 07:45 AM
Bad the world, good for basketball

prodigy
10-16-2014, 08:06 AM
All of those things are true about Kobe. But he's still a great player and very good for basketball.

KnickNyKnick
10-16-2014, 08:56 AM
i really dont need to think about Kobe outside of basketball, Karma is a B****, if what they say he did is true. but basketball wise, Legend.

2-ONE-5
10-16-2014, 08:58 AM
The iso basketball, wanna be Jordan, chuck up selfish inefficient hero ball, my way or the high way, raping white chicks, running star players and coaches outta town, throwing guys under the bus, snitching on them, foul mouth overpaid, anti-team ball, uncoachable, egotistical type of player, figure and person?

Thoughts.

troll harder

BALLER R
10-16-2014, 08:59 AM
This whole raping a white chick thing is so stupid. He has sex with the girl and she called rape so she could get paid.

Chrisclover
10-16-2014, 09:03 AM

Thoughts.
You have gotta be kidding me. Kobe is a brand for the NBA, which is JUST an entertainment organization. People love hero ball and it is a marketing strategy.
The NBA is not equal to basketball, which can also be told from its different rules from the FIBA.

aLau10
10-16-2014, 09:10 AM
So last week my friend gets so drunk he went back to his ex girlfriends parents house, got the spare key that they keep in this fake rock thing, walked in, went upstairs and fell asleep in their bath. They didn't know he was there until the morning.

They made him breakfast and called a taxi for him. He claims to have no memory of the night and was very confused when they woke him up.

Hey what a coincidence, that happened to my friend too!

ManningToTyree
10-16-2014, 09:16 AM
This should go well

crewfan13
10-16-2014, 10:19 AM
I realize the thread is just to take a shot at Kobe, but he's been great for the league, as has Lebron when he went to the Heat. All of pro sports are so much more entertaining when you have incredibly polarizing figures. Granted steroids and things changed baseball, but baseball was at its best when the Yankees dynasty was relevant. You either loved or hated the Yankees, but every playoff game with them people tuned in to actively root for or against them. Kobe is the same way. When he was winning championships, you could walk into a sports bar in basically any town and everyone in the bar had a pretty strong opinion one way or the other on Kobe. That's why the league needs Lebron right now too. Just look at the sample size here on PSD. There's like a million threads about Lebron, and each one of them gets 100s of posts because people either love him or love to hate him. Kobe was that guy, and sports in general are more entertaining when they have that guy or that team.

InRoseWeTrust
10-16-2014, 10:21 AM
http://memestorage.com/_nw/41/97343268.jpg

PhillyFaninLA
10-16-2014, 10:49 AM
This whole raping a white chick thing is so stupid. He has sex with the girl and she called rape so she could get paid.

No she called rape because he raped her.

I don't believe for a second Kobe is innocent. He never gave me reason to believe he is innocent.

D-Leethal
10-16-2014, 10:50 AM
His competitive drive and work ethic is admirable in any walk of life and his blunt honesty is a breath of fresh air in the world of political correctness useless jargon.

Goose17
10-16-2014, 11:06 AM

Wow. Maybe it's the same guy? Is his name Wallace?

albertajaysfan
10-16-2014, 11:24 AM

Now this is getting downright weird. Is Wallace his first name? Cause I have a friend who did that and his last name is Wallace.

aLau10
10-16-2014, 11:26 AM

Oh what a bummer... his name was Waldo.

5ass
10-16-2014, 11:31 AM
Waldo wallace is a cool name

PurpleLynch
10-16-2014, 12:06 PM

Thanks for sharing lol

Jamiecballer
10-16-2014, 12:09 PM

Thoughts.
Even though this is in jest, the serious answer is yes. It's been excellent for the popularity of the sport, but bad for its quality. Not specifically kobe though, those all too prevalent qualities.

D-Leethal
10-16-2014, 12:21 PM
The current era of the NBA isn't Hoosiers. A style that nets you 5 rings and top 10 GOAT accolades is not bad for the sport just because it's different than the style your fathers and grandfathers adored in the 70s and 80s and just because it evolved from the vision of Dr James Naismith in 1918. Bad for the quality my ***. What does that even mean? Quality is willing your team to victory and leading your teams to championships.

JasonJohnHorn
10-16-2014, 01:56 PM
He's a great player, but I'd rather have prime Grant Hill than prime Kobe as far as building a team goes. I'd rather was CP3 or Tim Duncan than McGrady.

That's just me. Different fans like different things.

Mr_Jones
10-16-2014, 02:18 PM
i really dont need to think about Kobe outside of basketball, Karma is a B****, if what they say he did is true. but basketball wise, Legend.

They have the police transcript online somewhere where they question Kobe about the incident. He eventually confesses that they hooked up but she lied about the whole rape thing.

Hawkeye15
10-16-2014, 02:40 PM
The current era of the NBA isn't Hoosiers. A style that nets you 5 rings and top 10 GOAT accolades is not bad for the sport just because it's different than the style your fathers and grandfathers adored in the 70s and 80s and just because it evolved from the vision of Dr James Naismith in 1918. Bad for the quality my ***. What does that even mean? Quality is willing your team to victory and leading your teams to championships.

totally agree. But, that cycle will never stop, older fans find the newer game worse I mean. What is so funny, is on this site in particular, so many complain about the new era being less tough, skilled, whatever, and these people complaining are 25 or under haha. How the **** do any of you even know? Youtube? Get the **** out of here

Goose17
10-16-2014, 02:52 PM
Oh what a bummer... his name was Waldo.

Oh snap. I think I know him, always wearing that red stripe top? Gets lost a lot? He banged my cousin.

Jamiecballer
10-16-2014, 03:38 PM
you didn't read a thing I said, did you?

Hero ball makes heroes (duh) and is great for the popularity. It isn't particularly good basketball, and when these guys have their off nights the result is dreadful to watch.

Not sure how you got my comment about quality all mixed up with Kobe because I clarified immediately afterwards.

Jamiecballer
10-16-2014, 03:41 PM
totally agree. But, that cycle will never stop, older fans find the newer game worse I mean. What is so funny, is on this site in particular, so many complain about the new era being less tough, skilled, whatever, and these people complaining are 25 or under haha. How the **** do any of you even know? Youtube? Get the **** out of here
That's great but none of that describes me or has anything to do with me or the post he was quoting. :)

Hawkeye15
10-16-2014, 03:53 PM
That's great but none of that describes me or has anything to do with me or the post he was quoting. :)

oh I don't know who he was quoting, or what about, I just agreed with the statement itself

mightybosstone
10-16-2014, 03:53 PM

Oh snap. I think I know him, always wearing that red stripe top? Gets lost a lot? He banged my cousin.
https://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqq5rbwMRE1qbvaudo1_250.gif

ewing
10-16-2014, 04:26 PM
no. what a stupid question

smith&wesson
10-16-2014, 05:02 PM

Thoughts.

yeah the 2nd best sg of all time is bad for the game.... sure.

smith&wesson
10-16-2014, 05:04 PM
Cant teach stupid. You either are or arent.

amos1er
10-16-2014, 05:06 PM
His competitive drive and work ethic is admirable in any walk of life and his blunt honesty is a breath of fresh air in the world of political correctness useless jargon.

Great post.

amos1er
10-16-2014, 05:08 PM
The OP is being sarcastic btw.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-16-2014, 05:15 PM
No.

nickdymez
10-16-2014, 05:48 PM

I don't believe for a second Kobe is innocent. He never gave me reason to believe he is innocent.
Lmfao. You're a clown

Bruno
10-16-2014, 06:02 PM
Dr. Buss use to say that Kobe Bryant was worth 90M dollars annually to the Laker franchise. all the teams who and have been poorly managed for the past decade rely on the money that the Lakers generate to stay out of the red. the Lakers saved the *** of a lot of teams last year through revenue sharing.

the Lakers made 150 million dollars last season. the Lakers paid the NBA $50 million dollars in revenue sharing this off-season. As Lowe has noted:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/grantland-exclusive-the-jason-kidd-mess-has-a-144-million-pricetag/

The finances matter for the Bucks, too. They are not thrilled about paying two coaches at once. Milwaukee is projected to make $14.8 million in basketball-related net profit for the 2013-14 season, according to that league memo, but they’re one of several small- and mid-market teams propped up almost entirely by revenue sharing. Milwaukee will get about $18 million from revenue sharing and $3 million more from luxury tax payouts, easily eclipsing the $6.5 million the team lost on its own account.

The Hornets and Pistons would be dead without revenue sharing, and they’re expected to end up in the red even with it. Charlotte is projected to lose nearly $34 million in basketball operations, and its monster estimated $22 million revenue-sharing check can’t make up for that. Ditto for Detroit’s $26 million loss and estimated $10.6 million revenue-sharing get.

these are just two examples. go look at the memo yourself to see how many teams actually received some Laker money this off-season (other teams paid into revenue sharing as well, but the Lakers carry by far the largest %).

The Lakers are hated, but ultimately they bail out and forgive the failures of 10-14 other franchises. the success of Kobe and the Lakers is why the league hasn't had to contract, it's why teams haven't folded under. so i don't know, is he bad for the league? don't bite the hand that feeds. if you're going to blame anyone for hero ball (one of the lamest terms associated with Kobe and MJ), then you blame the GOAT to ever do it. MJ ruined the game, not kobe- haven't you seen the commercials?

amos1er
10-16-2014, 06:40 PM

Silly me, but isn't it innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around... Lol.

Philly fans have always hated on Kobe and have said ridiculous things over the years. Sucks that his hometown booed him at the all-star game back in 2002. Pretty classless if you ask me. Oh well, he had the last laugh when he hoisted the all-star MVP at the end of the day.

amos1er
10-16-2014, 06:44 PM
Dr. Buss use to say that Kobe Bryant was worth 90M dollars annually to the Laker franchise. all the teams who and have been poorly managed for the past decade rely on the money that the Lakers generate to stay out of the red. the Lakers saved the *** of a lot of teams last year through revenue sharing.

the Lakers made 150 million dollars last season. the Lakers paid the NBA $50 million dollars in revenue sharing this off-season. As Lowe has noted:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/grantland-exclusive-the-jason-kidd-mess-has-a-144-million-pricetag/

these are just two examples. go look at the memo yourself to see how many teams actually received some Laker money this off-season (other teams paid into revenue sharing as well, but the Lakers carry by far the largest %).

The Lakers are hated, but ultimately they bail out and forgive the failures of 10-14 other franchises. the success of Kobe and the Lakers is why the league hasn't had to contract, it's why teams haven't folded under. so i don't know, is he bad for the league? don't bite the hand that feeds. if you're going to blame anyone for hero ball (one of the lamest terms associated with Kobe and MJ), then you blame the GOAT to ever do it. MJ ruined the game, not kobe- haven't you seen the commercials?

Yet another excellent post Bruno. I find it humorous how much unjustified hate there is for both the Lakers franchise and for Kobe Bryant. You really just have to laugh at how ridiculous it all really is.

FlashBolt
10-16-2014, 06:57 PM
Silly me, but isn't it innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around... Lol.

Philly fans have always hated on Kobe and have said ridiculous things over the years. Sucks that his hometown booed him at the all-star game back in 2002. Pretty classless if you ask me. Oh well, he had the last laugh when he hoisted the all-star MVP at the end of the day.

Cleveland booed/burned jersey's/threatened LeBron.. but that's okay?

PowerHouse
10-16-2014, 07:40 PM
This has to be the trollest of all troll threads in the history of trolls..and threads.

L8kers4life
10-16-2014, 08:44 PM
Man this Kobe hate is actually becoming comical, PhillyFan, JasonJohnHorn and Jamcieballer or whatever your name is are hilarious. I can't tell if you guys are serious or you really believe the crap you spew. I'm pretty sure one of you said you would take Chris Paul or Grant Hill to start a franchise, Chris Paul sort of has an argument, but Grant Hill? Do you watch basketball at all, Grant Hills prime of 4 years, you would take over a 14 year prime of Kobe? hate Kobe or not, that is ridiculous.

numba1CHANGsta
10-16-2014, 08:53 PM

JustinTime
10-16-2014, 08:57 PM

Thoughts.

No, but Lebron is the worst thing to ever happen to the league ever and he's horrible for the world because kids look up to him.

MickeyMgl
10-16-2014, 09:18 PM

Did he remember starting this thread?

MickeyMgl
10-16-2014, 09:19 PM

That's not how it works, son.

LakersEaglesLA
10-16-2014, 09:19 PM
Close this stupid, dumb, and ignorant thread!

MickeyMgl
10-16-2014, 09:20 PM
I'm shocked that this obvious bait thread has been allowed to go on this long.

goingfor28
10-16-2014, 09:43 PM
Kobe is a rapist. He and big Ben should hang out

goingfor28
10-16-2014, 09:44 PM
I'm shocked that this obvious bait thread has been allowed to go on this long.
If it were a Lebron or Rockets thread it would've been shut down after the 1st post

jericho
10-16-2014, 09:55 PM

That's not how it works, son.

This is an obvious bait thread and should be closed down. But before that I would love to see how is it that this works!

Jamiecballer
10-16-2014, 10:16 PM
Man this Kobe hate is actually becoming comical, PhillyFan, JasonJohnHorn and Jamcieballer or whatever your name is are hilarious. I can't tell if you guys are serious or you really believe the crap you spew. I'm pretty sure one of you said you would take Chris Paul or Grant Hill to start a franchise, Chris Paul sort of has an argument, but Grant Hill? Do you watch basketball at all, Grant Hills prime of 4 years, you would take over a 14 year prime of Kobe? hate Kobe or not, that is ridiculous.
I certainly believe it. It's not about Jordan, who is basically the template for this way of playing. He was the only guy IMO who was good enough that his team actually was best served with that 1 on 5 approach to the game. It's not about Kobe, who was 85% Jordan and who proved with a great supporting cast it could still be extremely successful. It's the hundreds of other young players who have grown up idolizing them who don't realize they are doing their team a disservice by playing this way.

BIG worm
10-16-2014, 11:03 PM

Wait...are we all friends with the same guy?

KnickNyKnick
10-16-2014, 11:12 PM
lol this turned into a rape thread.

amos1er
10-17-2014, 12:28 AM
Cleveland booed/burned jersey's/threatened LeBron.. but that's okay?

Never said it was.

FlashBolt
10-17-2014, 12:46 AM
Never said it was.

I'm more than positive you've commented negatively about that.

cahawk
10-17-2014, 02:19 AM
yep

Crackadalic
10-17-2014, 02:20 AM
I certainly believe it. It's not about Jordan, who is basically the template for this way of playing. He was the only guy IMO who was good enough that his team actually was best served with that 1 on 5 approach to the game. It's not about Kobe, who was 85% Jordan and who proved with a great supporting cast it could still be extremely successful. It's the hundreds of other young players who have grown up idolizing them who don't realize they are doing their team a disservice by playing this way.

I actually agree and I love Kobe

MickeyMgl
10-17-2014, 04:07 PM
This is an obvious bait thread and should be closed down. But before that I would love to see how is it that this works!

Google "burden of proof".

L8kers4life
10-17-2014, 04:28 PM

When you phrase it like this, in many ways I agree with you, but in many ways Kobe is the product of watching Jordan. There are plenty of times as a Lakers fan I have been upset due to here ball, but Kobe has earned my respect due to his tireless work ethic, basketball IQ and the pride he has brought to Lakers fans, question it or not, Kobe took a team, with Odom, Bynum and Gasol and won 2 chips, if you think that was easy, your sorely mistaken, the west was tough then as well.

sammyvine
10-17-2014, 04:39 PM
these troll threads need to go ffs

Goose17
10-17-2014, 06:50 PM
When you phrase it like this, in many ways I agree with you, but in many ways Kobe is the product of watching Jordan. There are plenty of times as a Lakers fan I have been upset due to here ball, but Kobe has earned my respect due to his tireless work ethic, basketball IQ and the pride he has brought to Lakers fans, question it or not, Kobe took a team, with Odom, Bynum and Gasol and won 2 chips, if you think that was easy, your sorely mistaken, the west was tough then as well.

You're acting like Gasol, Odom and Bynum were scrubs. Without them, Kobe wouldn't have those rings.

Jamiecballer
10-17-2014, 07:43 PM
Well that's what I said. As remarkable as Jordan was he spawned an entire generation of young basketball players trying to mimic his style. Kobe was obviously the best. So if you are following, if Kobe is 85% of Jordan, what about the guys that are 85% of Kobe and still essentially mimicking Jordan? Or worse?

I have to believe the quality of basketball we are seeing in the NBA would be much better these days had LeBron come before Jordan.

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-17-2014, 09:35 PM

Thoughts.

Lolololol

AIRMAR72
10-18-2014, 07:47 PM

Thoughts.
I absolutely agree with everything except raping that girl Kobe IS FINISH he was label the next MJ by the original laker owner and others in the media David Stern granted the laker owner his wishes lying to fans claiming kobe Bryant is such a great blah blah and one-day Kobe Bryant will go down in history as the greatest bla blah

jerellh528
10-18-2014, 10:18 PM
Psd hates Kobe

jerellh528
10-18-2014, 10:24 PM
He's not retiring in two

jericho
10-19-2014, 12:46 PM
Google "burden of proof".

Read it. But the thing here is that the case was dropped. Kobe instead of clearing his name decided to buy them out and the charges were dropped. If he didnt do it why did he decide to pay them off?

todu82
10-19-2014, 06:21 PM
Sad, guy was a legend.

toekneele
10-19-2014, 08:33 PM
Real sad. A lot of us grew up
watching him. It's like the end of a good tv series. Sad to see it go but that time must come

HoopsDrive
10-19-2014, 10:53 PM
I'd have voted for "don't care" if that was an option. I'm a fan of basketball, I like to watch good bball being played and root for my team. Kobe played well for many seasons and I appreciate and respect what he's done, however, I won't be happy or sad when he retires cuz, in the end, there will still be plenty of bball to be played by other players. He's retiring, well I'm not gonna look too much into it, it is what it is.

P&GRealist
10-20-2014, 05:56 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/11717596/is-kobe-bryant-reason-los-angeles-lakers-downfall

What timing by the notorious Kobe hater Mrs. Henrietta Abbott.

AddiX
10-20-2014, 06:36 PM
I hate espn, but completely agree with this article. It's exactly what I've been saying, Kobe is the reason that franchise has Bottomed out.

Surprisingly that was actually a pretty well done article detailing the current breakdown of the franchise.

Even mentions how Ramon sessions didn't want to play with Kobe. Smh, even role-players don't want to be there anymore.

Kevj77
10-20-2014, 06:44 PM
I hate espn, but completely agree with this article. It's exactly what I've been saying, Kobe is the reason that franchise has Bottomed out.

Surprisingly that was actually a pretty well done article detailing the current breakdown of the franchise.

Even mentions how Ramon sessions didn't want to play with Kobe. Smh, even role-players don't want to be there anymore.What about the fact that the Lakers only wanted to offer him a two year deal so that they could keep cap space low in order to go after big free agents. That Jim Buss is now in charge not his legendary father. Jim could have had Phil back, but he wanted to step out of his father's shadow. There are a lot of reasons for the Lakers downfall and yes Kobe has to take his share of the blame, but to put it all on his shoulders?

Cracka2HI!
10-20-2014, 06:55 PM
There are also reports that Bryant said Randle is "an idiot if he Fs this up". I can't tell you what there is for Randle to F up. Not trying to make a point. I just figured that what's this would be about and I was wondering what Bryant thinks a rookie can F up for the Lakers.

Tony_Starks
10-20-2014, 07:10 PM
This dude sounds like a bitter ex-wife but hey he's consistent. Been hating on Kobe for years.

I like the fact that he conveniently left out David Stern stopping a Chris Paul trade that would've put them right back into contention again. Guess that was Kobe's fault too...

Marques24kobe
10-20-2014, 07:19 PM
I wonder what the Lakers would look like if the Chris Paul trade went through? Winning can change a lot of people's minds, including players.

Who in their right mind would want to play for a team who is not looking to win until the 2016-17 season? They didn't want to give out anymore then 1 or 2 year contracts. I'm sure Kobe doesn't help, but to say it's all because of him is stupid.

Hawkeye15
10-20-2014, 07:19 PM
why is Abbott a Kobe hater again? Because he wrote an article on his real numbers in clutch time, and just added to it by stating Kobe isn't attracting players anymore (the total truth btw)?

SPURSFAN1
10-20-2014, 07:44 PM
Kobe calls ESPN analysts idiots, and they write Kobe hate articles. So typical. Average fans can put the pieces to the puzzle together. Even morons can put the pieces together. I wonder who can't connect the dots? :confused: cough hawk cough

Jeffy25
10-20-2014, 07:51 PM
So it's 'Kobe hate' when he is literally pulling quotes from other people involved in the game?

Players, agents, and team execs are saying these things. He is sharing this information.

That doesn't make it Kobe hate. It makes it a Kobe story.

"It's horrendous. It's evil. It's a hard drug to quit when you're winning," says a front office executive from a rival team who knows everyone involved well. "Kobe has cost the Lakers dearly in human capital. Kobe has hurt a lot of people. In some cases jeopardized careers."

This isn't a hate quote, he is sharing what people are saying.

Avenged
10-20-2014, 07:53 PM
Kobe has jeopardized careers? :laugh2: holy **** that's my boy

P&GRealist
10-20-2014, 07:57 PM
So it's 'Kobe hate' when he is literally pulling quotes from other people involved in the game?

Players, agents, and team execs are saying these things. He is sharing this information.

"It's horrendous. It's evil. It's a hard drug to quit when you're winning," says a front office executive from a rival team who knows everyone involved well. "Kobe has cost the Lakers dearly in human capital. Kobe has hurt a lot of people. In some cases jeopardized careers."

It's the timing man. This article could have been brought out when Kobe signed that 48.5M extension a yr ago.

Why now?

Oh yes, because Kobe has been calling them idiots for the greater part of the last 3 days.

Again, it's TIMING.

Do you and Hawk comprehend ?

SPURSFAN1
10-20-2014, 07:57 PM

" But sources say one reason the two-way star had re-signed with the Pacers in the fall of 2013 instead was that he was turned off by the thought that Bryant would police his efforts." -abbott

Paul GeorgeVerified account
‏@Yg_Trece
Now how crazy does that Kobe story sound to you ? #MediaReachingAgain

ESPN making sh11t up again. ESPN staying rubbish for clicks. It worked again.

Lakers + Giants
10-20-2014, 08:00 PM

For some reason, this **** made me crack up.

Hawkeye15
10-20-2014, 08:01 PM
It's the timing man. This article could have been brought out when Kobe signed that 48.5M extension a yr ago.

Why now?

Oh yes, because Kobe has been calling them idiots for the greater part of the last 3 days.

Again, it's TIMING.

I comprehend, I simply don't care. If you want to call him a hater, cool. He has done a couple articles on Kobe that were very well thought out. Abbott is also a know analytical guy, which never favors Kobe when it comes to rating the greatest ever.

Again, how is it hate? Shouldn't you then say Kobe was a hater for responding like he did?

Hate. Such an overrated word, my god.

Avenged
10-20-2014, 08:02 PM
I won't be sad.. but it'll definitely be different and strange watching the Lakers without him.

jerellh528
10-20-2014, 08:04 PM
Kobe brought me as a fan, and this franchise 5 titles, and left blood, sweat and tears on the court every night. He's as fierce a competitor in nba history has to offer and a lock for top 10 player ever and the best player in franchise history. If his competitiveness and being harsh in guys is driving them away, I don't want those weak minded players on the Lakers anyways. His contact is over in two years and realistically we won't win a title anyway within that time period. I'm fine with Kobe doing whatever he wants these last two years, after giving the nba community almost two decades of dominance and some of the best play we've ever seen.

SPURSFAN1
10-20-2014, 08:07 PM
I comprehend, I simply don't care. If you want to call him a hater, cool. He has done a couple articles on Kobe that were very well thought out. Abbott is also a know analytical guy, which never favors Kobe when it comes to rating the greatest ever.

Again, how is it hate? Shouldn't you then say Kobe was a hater for responding like he did?

Do you believe everything ESPN shoves down your throat?

Vampirate
10-20-2014, 08:08 PM
Kobe brought me as a fan, and this franchise 5 titles, and left blood, sweat and tears on the court every night. He's as fierce a competitor in nba history has to offer and a lock for top 10 player ever and the best player in franchise history. If his competitiveness and being harsh in guys is driving them away, I don't want those weak minded players on the Lakers anyways. His contact is over in two years and realistically we won't win a title anyway within that time period. I'm fine with Kobe doing whatever he wants these last two years, after giving the nba community almost two decades of dominance and some of the best play we've ever seen.

1. Top 10 player ever is a bold statement considering forever is well forever, no one nows who is going to come in the future.

2. You would seriously put Kobe over guys like Kareem and Magic for your franchise?

Kevj77
10-20-2014, 08:08 PM
" But sources say one reason the two-way star had re-signed with the Pacers in the fall of 2013 instead was that he was turned off by the thought that Bryant would police his efforts." -abbott

‏@Yg_Trece

ESPN making sh11t up again. ESPN staying rubbish for clicks. It worked again.Lol Paul George just shat on ESPNs sources.

AddiX
10-20-2014, 08:13 PM
Half of you guys disowning the article or espn for being the ones who wrote it, didn't even read the article, smh.

Nobody is hating, Kobe is just wack now, and players don't like him or want to play with him anymore. The truth will set you free from team killer Kobe!

jerellh528
10-20-2014, 08:18 PM
1. Top 10 player ever is a bold statement considering forever is well forever, no one nows who is going to come in the future.

2. You would seriously put Kobe over guys like Kareem and Magic for your franchise?

Top 10 for the foreseeable future. Lol

Yes, I think Kobe is the greatest laker ever. He's accomplished more than any other player in a lakers uniform and he embodies what I think it means to be a laker, he's the longest tenured laker also has the most games, minutes, points, steals, fgs, fts and countless records in lakers history . I'm perfectly fine with anyone choosing Kareem or magic though.

Cal827
10-20-2014, 08:23 PM

‏@Yg_Trece

ESPN making sh11t up again. ESPN staying rubbish for clicks. It worked again.

You know, cause Paul George isn't a ****face lol

Munkeysuit
10-20-2014, 08:26 PM
Not a Kobe hater but this article was pretty spot on, it's so hard to argue when you know the history of Kobe and been a witness to it all. The guy (Kobe) never won anything without a big man, Shaq comes to town and they win 3 straight titles, Shaq leaves and kobe goes 6 years without a title, then comes Pau and Bynum and VOILA! Kobe wins 2 more, I don't think Kobe has accomplished anything meaningful solo outside of winning his first (and only) MVP award. Kobe Bryant is easily one of the greatest players of all time, maybe the greatest Laker of all time as well, but we live in a world where we put people up on a pedestal way too prematurely and it's still happening till this day with Lebron and KD...it's like no one has to prove themselves worthy of our support and adoration anymore, if they are a marketable face then they'll automatically come ready with a nickname, logo, tagline and merchandise.

Tony_Starks
10-20-2014, 08:26 PM
If you haven't figured out the "anonymous source" game yet then I would say you're pretty naive. Might as well get your info from tmz or media take out.....

SPURSFAN1
10-20-2014, 08:31 PM
If you haven't figured out the "anonymous source" game yet then I would say you're pretty naive. Might as well get your info from tmz or media take out.....

"league sources" = ballboy.

Jamiecballer
10-20-2014, 08:41 PM

Why now?

Again, it's TIMING.

Why does it matter anyways? If it's retaliation then kobe earned it. He could have kept his mouth shut.

Kevj77
10-20-2014, 08:57 PM
Just sticking with Paul George what about the fact that Indiana made him their "Rose player" meaning they could pay him more than anyone else and offer an extra year on his contract or that he was a RFA and Indiana was going to match any offer he received.

Yup, it is Kobe's fault PG isn't in Purple and Gold not. It is his fault Howard bolted I have no doubts about that. Sessions left because the Lakers only offered him a two year deal and he got an extra year in Charlotte I guess that's on Kobe too.

Kobe deserves his share of blame this article tried to put it almost exclusively on him a few days after he ripped ESPN.

DemarDerozan
10-20-2014, 09:00 PM
Just goes to show you... ESPN is just as petty as your average psd Kobe hater.

It's not like they get paid millions of dollars to endorse certain athletes or teams through endorsements or straight up cash.

Would anyone like a Vitamin Water?

Hawkeye15
10-20-2014, 09:15 PM

nope. But I do believe evidence when it comes to stats, and I am willing to read an article with multiple player quotes, about a player who we all know is a tough teammate to deal with....

ILLUSIONIST^248
10-20-2014, 09:37 PM

Great post, I don't get why everyone just can't see it this simply.

P&GRealist
10-20-2014, 10:23 PM

He's probably a contributor or editor for them.

still1ballin
10-20-2014, 10:25 PM
Hez Ze gratest! No ?s askd

P&GRealist
10-20-2014, 10:43 PM
Do you see him joining Kenny, EJ, Chuck and Shaq on Inside the NBA on TNT from time-to-time? Or make guest appearances on NBATV? Or be one of those old guys on Open Court on NBATV with Reggie, Isaiah, CWebb, Chauncey and them boys.

Do you think he's eloquent enough where he can maybe do color commentating or do radio?

After Kobe retires, I don't just want to see him NOT be part of the league. I hope he does something, maybe coaching or front office or something. I don't just want to see him disappear in the shadows.

Htownballa1622
10-20-2014, 10:46 PM
He'll probably make kobe bryant threads in the nba forum on this here psd.

jerellh528
10-20-2014, 10:50 PM
Maybe try to purchase a team? New lakers owner lol

P&GRealist
10-20-2014, 10:51 PM
I absolutely agree with everything except raping that girl Kobe IS FINISH he was label the next MJ by the original laker owner and others in the media David Stern granted the laker owner his wishes lying to fans claiming kobe Bryant is such a great blah blah and one-day Kobe Bryant will go down in history as the greatest bla blah

The most over-hyped sports athlete of this by far.

Chavacano
10-20-2014, 11:05 PM
Yeah.

Chavacano
10-20-2014, 11:06 PM
Addition by subtraction.

Chavacano
10-20-2014, 11:06 PM
Second option.

Chavacano
10-20-2014, 11:10 PM
"Let it go..."♫♪♫

Wade n Fade
10-21-2014, 12:29 AM
I love this article. For years, I have said that Kome is just nothing but an overrated player. For all the offensive talent he brings on the court, he possesses negatives. Bad teammate, inconsiderate person, arrogant, selfish, doesn't take responsibility, disrespectful, inefficient, and stubborn. Kobe doesn't deserve to be in the conversation for one of the top 5-10 players of all time. There is a reason why the Lakers are well.... the Lakers of now. Give a guy that much money and leeway, nobody wants to stay there. He was being too harsh with Julius Randle recently. I am surprised nobody has punched Kobe for his antics.

jerellh528
10-21-2014, 12:36 AM
I love this article. For years, I have said that Kome is just nothing but an overrated player. For all the offensive talent he brings on the court, he possesses negatives. Bad teammate, inconsiderate person, arrogant, selfish, doesn't take responsibility, disrespectful, inefficient, and stubborn. Kobe doesn't deserve to be in the conversation for one of the top 5-10 players of all time. There is a reason why the Lakers are well.... the Lakers of now. Give a guy that much money and leeway, nobody wants to stay there. He was being too harsh with Julius Randle recently. I am surprised nobody has punched Kobe for his antics.

A few have punched Kobe lol

KB24PG16
10-21-2014, 12:43 AM
There are also reports that Bryant said Randle is "an idiot if he Fs this up". I can't tell you what there is for Randle to F up. Not trying to make a point. I just figured that what's this would be about and I was wondering what Bryant thinks a rookie can F up for the Lakers.

at least read the quote in context if you're going to bash lol

More-Than-Most
10-21-2014, 01:17 AM
The article is pretty spot on

kingsdelez24
10-21-2014, 01:44 AM
I'm pretty sure I came across a thread where someone said that their "friend who is a janitor at the Lakers office" overheard some of their plans

Maybe he's he source?

More-Than-Most
10-21-2014, 01:47 AM
you know whats just as comical as the suppose Kobe haters? The espn Haters... OMGZY ITS ESPN... lets forget the fact that they have some of the most respected sports writers and so on in the world and jump on the espn dick hate wagon.

kingsdelez24
10-21-2014, 01:51 AM
The article seemed a little one-sided for my liking. I mean, none of this probably wouldn't have happened if the league didn't veto the Paul trade

jerellh528
10-21-2014, 01:54 AM
The article seemed a little one-sided for my liking. I mean, none of this probably wouldn't have happened if the league didn't veto the Paul trade

Of course it was one sided. Kobe called them idiots

Bruno
10-21-2014, 02:53 AM

anonymously. it's no different than a gossip magazine.

MickeyMgl
10-21-2014, 04:48 AM
Read it. But the thing here is that the case was dropped. Kobe instead of clearing his name decided to buy them out and the charges were dropped. If he didnt do it why did he decide to pay them off?

That's actually not what happened. You think you can buy your way out of a felony charge? You can't. When the prosecution's case unraveled in mock trials - which was after the woman had already confessed to the judge that she lied, and right before the jury was about to be selected - the woman decided she would not participate. It was AFTER this, after the charges were dismissed, after dealing with this hanging over his head for what had to be 15 excruciating months, that Kobe Bryant and Katelyn Fubar (sic) settled their disagreement out of court. It means nothing other than he wanted to be done with this mess. If he did do it, why did she refuse to participate? That's a much more curious question.

So what idiot would volunteer to go on trial to try to prove their innocence in a flawed judicial system in a town whose local government and sheriff's department has a recent and well-documented track record of racism? It sounds very easy to say you'd insist on "proving" your innocence when you're not the one on the hot seat, but there's two kinds of people who would avoid a felony trial if at all possible. Guilty people afraid of going to jail, and innocent people afraid of going to jail.

JIBM
10-21-2014, 05:44 AM
Henry Abbott is a known Laker/Kobe hater. He writes article bashing Kobe without proper context for some situations and ignoring other situations that looks favorably on Kobe (such as CP3 wanting to play with him, or George signing an EXTENSION and not even testing free agency because its the smart thing to do). Paul George's idol growing up was Kobe. Why would a player pass up on playing with his childhood idol? Acording to PG's tweet this guy is full of sh**.

sammyvine
10-21-2014, 05:50 AM
his contract is awful and there has always been something missing with Kobe Bryant but why are they saying this now?
why didnt he write this article when he signed the contract because last time i checked, kobe signed that contract like 12 months ago or was it even longer than that?

ESPN are such a joke network. Well then again....they employ Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith. Thats all you need to know.

sammyvine
10-21-2014, 05:52 AM
Not a Kobe hater but this article was pretty spot on, it's so hard to argue when you know the history of Kobe and been a witness to it all. The guy (Kobe) never won anything without a big man, Shaq comes to town and they win 3 straight titles, Shaq leaves and kobe goes 6 years without a title, then comes Pau and Bynum and VOILA! Kobe wins 2 more, I don't think Kobe has accomplished anything meaningful solo outside of winning his first (and only) MVP award. Kobe Bryant is easily one of the greatest players of all time, maybe the greatest Laker of all time as well, but we live in a world where we put people up on a pedestal way too prematurely and it's still happening till this day with Lebron and KD...it's like no one has to prove themselves worthy of our support and adoration anymore, if they are a marketable face then they'll automatically come ready with a nickname, logo, tagline and merchandise.
i swear your a Kobe hater.
Why do posters do this....start by saying 'not a hater' but then post a haterish post. lol

just admit you dont like him or rate him lol. He's not going to lose any sleep over your feelings for him

AIRMAR72
10-21-2014, 11:13 AM

Why now?

Again, it's TIMING.

It's sad because ESPN is the prime culprit for hyping Kobe Bryant and comparing Kobe to jordan they help creating the MADNESS and NEVER blame Kobe when he stink up court trying his hardest to be like Mike but player's around the league knew that Kobe Bryant is FAKE haus punk with zero WILL to win without studs a decade ago I feel bad for tobe(kobe)if try Coach scott with the crap he did with past laker coaches cause Byron Scott will knock kobe head off with a straight right Tobe Cryant (kobe Bryant) is FINISH fake wannabe watered down poor man overrated version of Jordan

Stunner
10-21-2014, 12:44 PM
This Abbott guy is on numbers never lie

albertajaysfan
10-21-2014, 12:49 PM
Do you people honestly think ESPN just spit out this article in 3 days because Kobe called them idiots?

The premise of the article makes total sense to me. Personally it is in line with what I believe about Kobe. His success has made him unnecessarily arrogant. (Note: arrogance and confidence may be versions of the same thing but that doesn't make them the same)

Kobe is a tremendous basketball player, as a human being different story. The act has caught up to with him.

To those saying that the people are weak minded because they won't put up with being belittled. I think only those who are weak minded will put up with that because they don't have boundaries.

ewing
10-21-2014, 01:58 PM
can you stop making Kobe threads?

SlimKid
10-21-2014, 03:21 PM
eh, what Kobe gave/gives to that organization far outweighs what he's supposedly taken away. I'd take a few more years of cellar dwelling if it followed a run like the Lakers had in Kobe's prime.

sixers247
10-21-2014, 03:26 PM
BEcause of Shaq. Bunch of Kobe nut lickers around these parts nowadays. If its not that its Kobe haters. Lets all agree he basically is irrelevent now. He had his time. Clown ***.

MickeyMgl
10-21-2014, 04:06 PM
What about the fact that the Lakers only wanted to offer him a two year deal so that they could keep cap space low in order to go after big free agents. That Jim Buss is now in charge not his legendary father. Jim could have had Phil back, but he wanted to step out of his father's shadow. There are a lot of reasons for the Lakers downfall and yes Kobe has to take his share of the blame, but to put it all on his shoulders?

It's an outrageously biased article, and I am not given to shouting "hater" at everybody with a rational or lukewarm opinion of Bryant. But this article is ridiculous, and especially on the heels of the "one of the very worst players in the NBA" article by Royce Webb. To downplay the gross mismanagement of the franchise in recent years, and put the consequences of a growing list of bad decisions on his shoulders, is absolutely absurd.

The worst one can rationally put on him is his contract, and that is not something that is a player's responsibility to decline. They offered him the dollars. He accepted. In the absence of sound management, he should not be expected to negotiate against himself.

jerellh528
10-21-2014, 04:21 PM
It's an outrageously biased article, and I am not given to shouting "hater" at everybody with a rational or lukewarm opinion of Bryant. But this article is ridiculous, and especially on the heels of the "one of the very worst players in the NBA" article by Royce Webb. To downplay the gross mismanagement of the franchise in recent years, and put the consequences of a growing list of bad decisions on his shoulders, is absolutely absurd.

The worst one can rationally put on him is his contract, and that is not something that is a player's responsibility to decline. They offered him the dollars. He accepted. In the absence of sound management, he should not be expected to negotiate against himself.

Nice post.

albertajaysfan
10-21-2014, 04:30 PM
eh, what Kobe gave/gives to that organization far outweighs what he's supposedly taken away. I'd take a few more years of cellar dwelling if it followed a run like the Lakers had in Kobe's prime.

I completely agree. I think Jim Buss does as well which is why he gave Kobe that deal.

I actually think Kupchak and Buss are being smart here. A little short term pain in the standings isn't worth throwing Kobe under the bus. Which is something the article even points out. It goes against what it means to be a Laker. That organization gets it even though it seems like gross mismanagement right now. I will change my tune if they still suck 5 to 6 years from now and admit I was wrong.

I believe a lot of people are misinterpreting this article. I think it was just asking why Kobe never gets any flack even though he is the one common denominator throughout all the issues during his Laker tenure.

Is it completely his fault? No. Did they article fail to make that totally clear? Sure. Did the article succeed in what it is supposed to do for the newspaper, drive readership and keep them relevant? Most definitely.

MLB2K10King
10-21-2014, 04:38 PM
This article ignores a couple of things

1. Ramon Sessions was not getting offered a long term deal by the lakers. He also said that he wasn't used to the "Playoff Atmosphere and that he would like to resign"

2. Shaq was never Kobe's mentor and it has been documented by multiple people that Shaq bullied and picked on Kobe from the day they both joined the team.

3. Dwight Howard has a history of flopping when things get tough, and his history with Orlando should make anyone second guess whatever he feels. He did dislike Kobe, but his issue was that he wanted to be the face of the Franchise more than anything.

4.For every one bad quote you can find Nash say about playing with Kobe, you can find five more with him praising him.

5. The quotes and information here used to prove the point are soft ball at best. When has anyone ever said that they flat out did not want to play with Kobe Bryant? Why didn't Paul Gasol, Trevor Ariza, Andrew Bynum, Metta World Peace, Shannon Brown etc never complain about Kobe?

This article is Fluff B.S. from ESPN trying to fire back at him for calling them idiots.

Tony_Starks
10-21-2014, 04:52 PM
This article ignores a couple of things

1. Ramon Sessions was not getting offered a long term deal by the lakers. He also said that he wasn't used to the "Playoff Atmosphere and that he would like to resign"

2. Shaq was never Kobe's mentor and it has been documented by multiple people that Shaq bullied and picked on Kobe from the day they both joined the team.

3. Dwight Howard has a history of flopping when things get tough, and his history with Orlando should make anyone second guess whatever he feels. He did dislike Kobe, but his issue was that he wanted to be the face of the Franchise more than anything.

4.For every one bad quote you can find Nash say about playing with Kobe, you can find five more with him praising him.

5. The quotes and information here used to prove the point are soft ball at best. When has anyone ever said that they flat out did not want to play with Kobe Bryant? Why didn't Paul Gasol, Trevor Ariza, Andrew Bynum, Metta World Peace, Shannon Brown etc never complain about Kobe?

This article is Fluff B.S. from ESPN trying to fire back at him for calling them idiots.

Pretty much. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the writers agenda in this article.

Also I find it very coincidental that pretty much everyone that agrees with this article already had a extreme dislike for Kobe anyway.....

Jamiecballer
10-21-2014, 05:17 PM
Pretty much. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the writers agenda in this article.

Also I find it very coincidental that pretty much everyone that agrees with this article already had a extreme dislike for Kobe anyway.....
Gee ya think?

jmartin80
10-21-2014, 05:49 PM
I hate Kobe, but I think that he is the superstar that kept people interested in the sport. He had the killer instinct and was able to down right play. Was he an *******? Of course. But no, I think he has been great for basketball.

I honestly think Lebron has been 10000x worse for Basketball than any player. But that is just my opinion.

jericho
10-21-2014, 06:13 PM

That's actually not what happened. You think you can buy your way out of a felony charge? You can't. When the prosecution's case unraveled in mock trials - which was after the woman had already confessed to the judge that she lied, and right before the jury was about to be selected - the woman decided she would not participate. It was AFTER this, after the charges were dismissed, after dealing with this hanging over his head for what had to be 15 excruciating months, that Kobe Bryant and Katelyn Fubar (sic) settled their disagreement out of court. It means nothing other than he wanted to be done with this mess. If he did do it, why did she refuse to participate? That's a much more curious question.

So what idiot would volunteer to go on trial to try to prove their innocence in a flawed judicial system in a town whose local government and sheriff's department has a recent and well-documented track record of racism? It sounds very easy to say you'd insist on "proving" your innocence when you're not the one on the hot seat, but there's two kinds of people who would avoid a felony trial if at all possible. Guilty people afraid of going to jail, and innocent people afraid of going to jail.

First off you are contradicting yourself with the 2 paragraphs. Second he can't buy his way out of a felony that's true but he can give money to the woman in order for her to drop the charges. It ain't the first time that people have settled before going into trial.

amos1er
10-21-2014, 09:35 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/11717596/is-kobe-bryant-reason-los-angeles-lakers-downfall

What timing by the notorious Kobe hater Mrs. Henrietta Abbott.

Lol. How childish. Abbott ought to come and be a regular PSD NBA Forum poster... He certainly fits the criteria. Like clockwork, I see like ten articles bashing Kobe after the comments he made. We have already seen dumb *** comments from Broussard and now Abbott. All we need now is Hollinger and Simmons and the usual suspects will all be in place. Truly sad to see grown *** men act like little children.

amos1er
10-21-2014, 09:41 PM
BEcause of Shaq. Bunch of Kobe nut lickers around these parts nowadays. If its not that its Kobe haters. Lets all agree he basically is irrelevent now. He had his time. Clown ***.

I just had to lol @ this one. Oh the irony.

amos1er
10-21-2014, 09:44 PM
Do you people honestly think ESPN just spit out this article in 3 days because Kobe called them idiots?

The premise of the article makes total sense to me. Personally it is in line with what I believe about Kobe. His success has made him unnecessarily arrogant. (Note: arrogance and confidence may be versions of the same thing but that doesn't make them the same)

Kobe is a tremendous basketball player, as a human being different story. The act has caught up to with him.

To those saying that the people are weak minded because they won't put up with being belittled. I think only those who are weak minded will put up with that because they don't have boundaries.

Would be one of the biggest coincidences I've ever seen if it wasn't.

J4KOP99
10-21-2014, 09:48 PM
Abbott does make some very fair points but at the end of the day it always comes back to the same thing:

he has been on 5 championship teams where he was either the best or 2nd best player. Everything else doesn't matter.

Who gives a **** if his statistics aren't on par with Lebron, Jordan, etc? He's an all-time great (rank him wherever you want to rank him, he helped my favorite team win 5 championships in the last 15 years... do you really think I give a **** where you rank him haha)

Aww, he hurt Dwight howards feelings? Shaq got mad at him? Andrew Bynum was... wait a second- Andrew Bynum? Abbott, you lost me there.

MLB2K10King
10-22-2014, 12:08 AM
People Talk crap about Kobe as if Jordan wasn't just as difficult if not more to deal with.

P&GRealist
10-22-2014, 01:21 AM
Would you call this his greatest achievement? And would you call this the greatest comeback in sports history?

P&GRealist
10-22-2014, 01:22 AM

He doesn't have enough $$ to purchase a team.

P&GRealist
10-22-2014, 01:27 AM
People Talk crap about Kobe as if Jordan wasn't just as difficult if not more to deal with.

Preach my brother.

Jeffy25
10-22-2014, 01:43 AM
No, because rings are a team accomplishment and it would have nothing to do with him individually and everything to do with how his team played together.

Jeffy25
10-22-2014, 01:45 AM
17 threads about Kobe on the NBA front page (not including the stuck threads)

Hot topic right now I guess.

IBleedPurple
10-22-2014, 01:48 AM
I give up coming in this forum. Start one damn Kobe thread and let all the hate, love, trolling, etc happen there. Really poor job by the mods. Was funny at first, no longer....at least not to me

P&GRealist
10-22-2014, 02:11 AM
I won't be sad.. but it'll definitely be different and strange watching the Lakers without him.

When you have Swaggy Pee carrying the Laker torch, who needs Kobe?

Legitimate
10-22-2014, 02:13 AM
troll thread...another kobe thread?! really?! SMH

QueensG_718
10-22-2014, 02:22 AM
Ide be sad. Hes the closest thing to jordan we will ever see and often i feel like his legacy gets overlooked by the lebron *** kissers.

krazylegz
10-22-2014, 02:30 AM
espn are a bunch of disney corporate scumbags!!!!...i dont even watch that trash anymore,give me cbssports or foxsports any day of the week

asandhu23
10-22-2014, 02:37 AM
He'll decide to live a life away from media. You won't hear from him until his Hall of Fame induction.

amos1er
10-22-2014, 02:58 AM

That would be great. He would have enough sense to bring Phil back into the organization.

amos1er
10-22-2014, 03:00 AM
Coach Kobe.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0420/nba_kobe_phil_576_2.jpg

amos1er
10-22-2014, 03:02 AM
why is Abbott a Kobe hater again? Because he wrote an article on his real numbers in clutch time, and just added to it by stating Kobe isn't attracting players anymore (the total truth btw)?

Perhaps you failed to read the refuting article.

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2011/1/28/1961684/how-to-be-statistically-biased-henry-abbott

amos1er
10-22-2014, 03:04 AM

I'd take arrogant over someone who jumps ship every time the tide doesn't sail his way.

amos1er
10-22-2014, 03:17 AM
nope. But I do believe evidence when it comes to stats, and I am willing to read an article with multiple player quotes, about a player who we all know is a tough teammate to deal with....

Yet you chose to ignore any contradictory evidence when it is brought to light. You act as if Abbott's original article was irrefutable. This guy did a pretty good job... http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2011/1/28/1961684/how-to-be-statistically-biased-henry-abbott

What is your take on this article... I'm curious, because you always bring up the original article and act like Abbott uncovered Watergate or something. There was still a lot of criticisms to be had. Not as cut and dry as you make it out to be when you reference the original article on here all the time.

Crackadalic
10-22-2014, 03:23 AM
People actually pay attention to what ESPN still does?

PurpleJesus
10-22-2014, 03:24 AM
as a rapist.

Crackadalic
10-22-2014, 03:25 AM
20 different kobe threads and a bunch of trolling threads as well. Awesome. PSD might become 2014 4 chan forum of the year.

Shlumpledink
10-22-2014, 03:35 AM
Obvious hatchet job is obvious.

Quoting anonymous sources is Broussard's old trick, and it is awful.

Having said that, of course not everyone is going to want to play with him. The lack of the lakers being contenders is why free-agents aren't flocking there.

Lots of guys want to play with Kobe though, if this were truly about people's perceptions of Kobe it would have both voices, but this is just one opinion being voiced when there are others. Chris Paul was fine with playing with Kobe, just because Dwight Howard doesn't it doesn't mean no one else wants to. Ramon Sessions doesn't want to play with him? 5 teams (6 if you count him going back to milwaukee) in 7 years Ramon?

jp611
10-22-2014, 04:16 AM

That's how pathetic reporting has gotten. Ruined careers?

LMFAO

naps
10-22-2014, 04:40 AM
Kobe never won any rings. Lakers did. Kobe was just an important part of some awesome Lakers teams. He was not the only reason Lakers won.

What's up with all these Kobe threads? What are the MODs doing here? Just ban this guy and 3/4 other Kobe fanatics, this forum will be back to its good days.

naps
10-22-2014, 04:44 AM
Keep trying to copy MJ like he always has and fail miserably.

SF8
10-22-2014, 04:44 AM
There shouldn't be more than 3 Kobe and LeBron threads on the first page imo. C'mon guys, there's more to talk about in the NBA than Kobe and LeBron.

How about those Hornets and potentially building something in the East? The Wizards chance at being a contender? The Grizzlies and what they can do with a healthy Marc? Mavs with Parsons?

I can think of many, many more topics please feel free to PM for thread ideas if you think Kobe and LeBron are the only topics in the NBA.

Saddletramp
10-22-2014, 05:15 AM
If any of the options will pay him $20+ million a year, then he'll do them. Do you really think he's going to work for espn or be a color guy for a couple of hundred thousand a year?

OP needs his thread making ability taken away.

PhillyFaninLA
10-22-2014, 07:39 AM
P&G can you make some more Kobe threads

PhillyFaninLA
10-22-2014, 07:40 AM
I think he may try a purchase a team in Italy

KobeOwnSU
10-22-2014, 07:44 AM
Ca ca ca ca ca ca ca ca! He will be free as a seagul!

KobeOwnSU
10-22-2014, 07:44 AM
He will make faces at people.

archdevil84
10-22-2014, 07:48 AM
P&G what is wrong with you dude? How many more Kobe threads are you gonna make? What is it you are trying to accomplish here?

DarkKnight
10-22-2014, 08:49 AM
If any of the options will pay him $20+ million a year, then he'll do them. Do you really think he's going to work for espn or be a color guy for a couple of hundred thousand a year?

OP needs his thread making ability taken away.

This is true and maybe the op has a crush on Kobe :love:

Tony_Starks
10-22-2014, 10:30 AM
Kevin Ding: Don't like to criticize others' work, but many asked me on Henry Abbott's ESPN Kobe article: Entitled to opinion, but so many "facts" wrong. Twitter @KevinDing

Brandon Jennings: Espn is a joke with that article about Kobe Bryant. WOW!!!!!!! Really Twitter

Brandon Jennings: The way y'all feel bout Michael Jordan is the same way I feel about Kobe so chill. I just respect greatness Twitter

http://hoopshype.com/rumors

Blitzbolt
10-22-2014, 11:04 AM
Why would a young superstar in his prime played with a 37 year old ball hog??? In don't care who it is Kobe Jordan ect ect..It's just not smart.

Jamiecballer
10-22-2014, 12:45 PM
Yet you chose to ignore any contradictory evidence when it is brought to light. You act as if Abbott's original article was irrefutable. This guy did a pretty good job... http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2011/1/28/1961684/how-to-be-statistically-biased-henry-abbott

What is your take on this article... I'm curious, because you always bring up the original article and act like Abbott uncovered Watergate or something. There was still a lot of criticisms to be had. Not as cut and dry as you make it out to be when you reference the original article on here all the time.

are we really to trust the word of an acknowledged Laker fan who doesn't bother to even present the data that apparently refutes it?

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-22-2014, 01:12 PM
What big free agent signed with Duncan, Magic, Lebron, Shaq, or Chris Paul? By all accounts great people and teammates. Go ahead, I'll wait.

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-22-2014, 02:10 PM
Still waiting. .....

Raps18-19 Champ
10-22-2014, 02:16 PM
I'd take arrogant over someone who jumps ship every time the tide doesn't sail his way.

Really? I mean him being arrogant and signing that contract pretty much cost the Lakers a title until his contract is finished.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-22-2014, 02:16 PM
What big free agent signed with Duncan, Magic, Lebron, Shaq, or Chris Paul? By all accounts great people and teammates. Go ahead, I'll wait.

The first question you should be asking if there actually ever been an opportunity when those player's management had the cap space to sign a max player?

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-22-2014, 02:39 PM
The first question you should be asking if there actually ever been an opportunity when those player's management had the cap space to sign a max player?

That is exactly my point. The entire article was written as if Kobe has cost the Lakers so many opportunities at free agents because he's mean to people. When the fact is they have never in his 18 years had the cap space to sign anyone until this past summer.. He is old and broken down now and players want to win. If this was 25 year old Kobe with cap space you can bet that Carmelo would see himself as a missing piece. Now they know they would need themselves as well as many other players that the Lakers simply don't have to be able to compete. The writer acts as if every Laker free agent bolted as soon as their time was up. But in fact is Shaq resigned, Pau resigned, bynum resigned, Odom resigned etc.... Pau cried when he was traded away from Kobe. Lamar Odom turned to crack and has never been the same since he was traded. The entire article is BS and everyone that agrees with it is in the same boat as Abbot. A biased one

jerellh528
10-22-2014, 02:42 PM
That is exactly my point. The entire article was written as if Kobe has cost the Lakers so many opportunities at free agents because he's mean to people. When the fact is they have never in his 18 years had the cap space to sign anyone until this past summer.. He is old and broken down now and players want to win. If this was 25 year old Kobe with cap space you can bet that Carmelo would see himself as a missing piece. Now they know they would need themselves as well as many other players that the Lakers simply don't have to be able to compete. The writer acts as if every Laker free agent bolted as soon as their time was up. But in fact is Shaq resigned, Pau resigned, bynum resigned, Odom resigned etc.... Pau cried when he was traded away from Kobe. Lamar Odom turned to crack and has never been the same since he was traded. The entire article is BS and everyone that agrees with it is in the same boat as Abbot. A biased one

That article was garbage. Pretty sure Abbott used kobe to get more name recognition, now the whole nba is talking about abbott's article. Mission accomplished for Abbott, even if it was high school political style and biased

Tony_Starks
10-22-2014, 03:08 PM
No, because rings are a team accomplishment and it would have nothing to do with him individually and everything to do with how his team played together.

Nothing to do with him individually? So he could average 10 points and they could still win a championship if the team jelled?

Your Kobe hatred takes away all common sense, you're like a Syth...

Raps18-19 Champ
10-22-2014, 03:12 PM

I didn't read the article but what about when Shaq and Dwight left (Shaq was traded but you know)? Was that mentioned in there?

Also, Larry Hughes signed with the Cavs before after coming off a good season and was one of the bigger FA's in the market. So I guess there's one big FA.

Jeffy25
10-22-2014, 03:17 PM
Nothing to do with him individually? So he could average 10 points and they could still win a championship if the team jelled?

Your Kobe hatred takes away all common sense, you're like a Syth...

This has nothing to do with Kobe and everything to do with how individual legacies are viewed around the sports world so poorly.

Rings/chips are team accomplishments, in no sport, can any individual do it themselves.

Jordan needed pippen and others, magic played with other hall of famers, etc

Raps18-19 Champ
10-22-2014, 03:29 PM
Maybe. We'll have to see how they win it. If they get a trade or someone like Jeremy Lin averages like 20 and 10 in the finals, then Kobe basically had someone produce like a regular star would (even if Lin isn't a star). If Kobe averages 40 PPG in the playoffs with no one else producing on the team, then yea it's his biggest accomplishments.

Dade County
10-22-2014, 03:41 PM
Sure Kobe can be on a team that wins a 6th ring for him, but that wont be in a Lakers jersey. And he wouldn't be the main reason for the team winning it all, but he would be a good piece.

He should come back up Wade when he's contract is finished with L.A.

pacofunk64
10-22-2014, 03:43 PM
17 threads about Kobe on the NBA front page (not including the stuck threads)

Hot topic right now I guess.

That in itself speaks to how great he truly is. Whether you hate him or not...he's being talked about.

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-22-2014, 03:45 PM
I didn't read the article but what about when Shaq and Dwight left (Shaq was traded but you know)? Was that mentioned in there?

Also, Larry Hughes signed with the Cavs before after coming off a good season and was one of the bigger FA's in the market. So I guess there's one big FA.

Shaq asked to be traded after an interview with GM Kupchek. In that interview he said Kobe was untouchable. When asked about Shaq he said he had to look at all options. Shaq was offended and asked to be traded the next day. Before that he was asking for an extension to play with Kobe three more years.

In subsequent interviews, Dwight has admitted that if Phil Jackson was coach, he would still be a Laker. He also said the timing was not right. He said if he was traded to the Lakers 3 years before, or three years after it probably would have worked. Which to me means that if Kobe was 3 years younger and not injured he could make it work because he could see winning a championship with him, or three years after meaning when Kobe retires. That has more to do with basketball reasons more than personality reasons.

Ron Artest, Gary Payton and Malone signed as free agents. but from the article written you would think that no player has ever resigned or signed with the Lakers in 19 years. But all I have constantly heard is that Kobe has played with more help than any superstar ever. I'm not sure how that works