PDA

View Full Version : Your projected division rankings for the Atlantic Division?

JasonJohnHorn
10-09-2014, 04:55 PM
So how do you think the Atlantic will shape up?

I got the Raptors and the Knicks at the top. I think the Knicks might come away with the division, but I wouldn't put money on it and I'm pulling for the Raptors.

Past those two, I'm fairly sure Boston will be third barring a complete blow-up of the roster, followed by the Nets (who I just assume will be plagued by injury) and then the 76ers (whose front office seems to be trying to lose).

mike_noodles
10-09-2014, 04:59 PM
This isn't going to go well, lol.

Raptors
Nets
Knicks
Boston
Philly

abe_froman
10-09-2014, 04:59 PM
same as last year

tor
nets
ny
bos
sixers

murphturph
10-09-2014, 05:03 PM
Raptors
/Thread

deaner
10-09-2014, 05:29 PM
The 76ers will be better than the knicks if they play the triangle.

aman_13
10-09-2014, 05:39 PM
It's between the Raps, Knicks and Nets but I think its fair to say the Rap are the favorites as of now.

The Knicks and Nets are playing with different systems and players, there will be an adjustment period for both teams. It's inevitable but if they can find their chemistry, anything can happen.

Jamiecballer
10-09-2014, 05:44 PM
Still only 2 solid teams here, Nets and Raptors

Tony_Starks
10-09-2014, 06:01 PM
Nets
Knicks
Raptors
Boston

Philly Tank

Punk
10-09-2014, 06:29 PM
Raptors
Nets
Knicks
Celtics
Sixers

It's really a two way race for the Division between Toronto and Brooklyn. Nets have a learning curve and the health risks while Toronto has the 'complacent' and 'health' questions.

todu82
10-09-2014, 06:38 PM
Raptors
Knicks
Nets
Celtics
76ers

jon32
10-09-2014, 06:46 PM
Raptors
Knicks
Nets
Celtics
76ers

ohreally
10-09-2014, 08:03 PM
Nets
Raptors
Celtics
Knicks
76ers

Buckwheat
10-09-2014, 08:09 PM
Raptors
Nets
Knicks
Celtics
76ers

Kaner
10-10-2014, 12:33 AM
Toronto
Nets
Knicks
Celtics
76ers

I think toronto should take the division pretty easily unless Deron Williams returns to form.

BHF
10-10-2014, 01:30 AM
Nets
Raptors
Celtics
76ers
Knicks

2-ONE-5
10-10-2014, 08:48 AM
Sixers
Celtics
Raptors
Nets
Knicks

NYKnickFanatic
10-10-2014, 08:55 AM
TOR
BK
NY
BOS
PHI

If Lowry proves he just wasn't playing for a contract and balls like last year, TOR will lock it up.Also maybe V with a break out year, similar to DeRozan last year.

I could see the Nets taking it, if they are injury free. I really like the addition of Hollins.

Don't see the Knicks starting off well while still learning the triangle. It is going to be a process to learn that.

Boston has some nice young pieces, but don't see them competing.

And the Sixers, well...

jimm120
10-10-2014, 09:18 AM
Knicks can be 1st or 3rd place.
Nets seem like 2nd or 3rd
Raptors seem like 1st or 2nd

Knicks
Raptors
Nets
Celtics.
Sixes

Or

Raptors
Nets
Knicks
Celtics
Sixers

Rockice_8
10-10-2014, 09:36 AM
I think the Nets have the best shot to knock off TOR. I think ultimately they fall just short like last year by a few games. Knicks are such a huge unknown right now. I don't really think they are a better team than last year just some lateral moves but who knows, no way I had them winning 50+ 2 years ago. They'll be more competitive throughout the year but they really are just lacking top talent outside of a few guys. Knicks might be the hardest team to predict.

TOR (49 wins)
BK (47 wins)
NYK (44 wins)
BOS (33 wins)
PHI (19 wins)

Something like that.

xxplayerxx23
10-10-2014, 12:47 PM
Between knicks and Toronto, nets finish 3rd imo .

xxplayerxx23
10-10-2014, 12:48 PM
Sixers
Celtics
Raptors
Nets
Knicks

Spot on

Punk
10-10-2014, 01:04 PM
Between knicks and Toronto, nets finish 3rd imo .

In what realm do the Knicks finish ahead of Toronto and Brooklyn?

xxplayerxx23
10-10-2014, 01:53 PM
In what realm do the Knicks finish ahead of Toronto and Brooklyn?

The NBA. Don't see what's so good about the nets. Raptors are pretty good of Lowry does what he did last year.

Punk
10-10-2014, 02:00 PM
The NBA. Don't see what's so good about the nets. Raptors are pretty good of Lowry does what he did last year.
You don't see what's good about a team with an elite scoring big man, multiple three point shooting threats and a Top 5 bench?

xxplayerxx23
10-10-2014, 02:03 PM
You don't see what's good about a team with an elite scoring big man, multiple three point shooting threats and a Top 5 bench?

Former Knick fan everybody knows there is nothing special about the nets. The Atlantic is wide open, If Lowry has the same year he had last year raptors will win the division by 5+ games.

Punk
10-10-2014, 02:11 PM
Former Knick fan everybody knows there is nothing special about the nets. The Atlantic is wide open, If Lowry has the same year he had last year raptors will win the division by 5+ games.
That not so "special" Nets team has been on pace for 50 wins for two seasons in a row. The Atlantic is a race between TWO teams, and it's not the Knicks. You do realize the Raptors would've lost their division lead if they didn't have a tiebreaker, right? You sound like a butthurt Knick fan. Just deal with the reality, the Knicks are not a factor until proven otherwise.

GiantsSwaGG
10-10-2014, 02:14 PM
This should be a fun year

xxplayerxx23
10-10-2014, 02:19 PM
That not so "special" Nets team has been on pace for 50 wins for two seasons in a row. The Atlantic is a race between TWO teams, and it's not the Knicks. You do realize the Raptors would've lost their division lead if they didn't have a tiebreaker, right? You sound like a butthurt Knick fan. Just deal with the reality, the Knicks are not a factor until proven otherwise.

Nets won 49 and 44 games the last two years. :sigh: the nets have proven nothing, you have a Pg that has contuined to decline, joe Johnson is solid, no real Sf kg is done, and then you have a stud scoring Center, wow watch out east that's something serious. Knicks and nets both won't be a threat, knicks will still have a better record then you. Hey maybe once that happens you can leave the nets back for the Knicks? I mean that is what you are good at.

xxplayerxx23
10-10-2014, 02:20 PM

Punk returns to the Knicks forum as a Knick fan get ready for the excitement

mudvayne387
10-10-2014, 02:24 PM
Raptors
Knicks
Nets
Celtics
Sixers

Nets will be a fringe playoff team at best. Williams has declined so much that he may not be the starter at the All Star Break. Lopez is unreliable, Johnson had a great season but is getting up there in age. Fail to see where the Nets are this "lock" to make the playoffs.

Punk
10-10-2014, 02:37 PM
Nets won 49 and 44 games the last two years.
I said on pace. You do realize what 'on pace' means, right?

:sigh: the nets have proven nothing
-27 home wins
-3rd best record vs West Conference
-Top 10 in 3pt shooting and steals

Yet, they haven't proven anything? Lol

you have a Pg that has contuined to decline, joe Johnson is solid, no real Sf kg is done, and then you have a stud scoring Center, wow watch out east that's something serious.
You do realize Williams averaged 18/7 in 2012-13, right? You don't seem to understand the difference between injured and decline. Last time I checked, Kirilenko and Joe Johnson are real Small Forwards, Lopez AND Plumlee are two quality bigs, elite shooting with Teletovic, Bogdanovic, Johnson and KG led the league in defense once again. So, he's not 'done'.

Knicks and nets both won't be a threat, knicks will still have a better record then you. Hey maybe once that happens you can leave the nets back for the Knicks? I mean that is what you are good at
Lol How did that Knicks > Nets prediction work last year? The Nets sustained injuries to FIVE key players and still were significantly better than the Knicks.

That's exactly why I don't post in that forum any longer. I don't associate with delusional opinions. I was forced out by a certain moderator for being realistic about the Knicks season and I stopped posting. I'd not lie to myself about the organization unlike so many of you in that section.

I'm not a Nets 'fan', I just do not delusionally believe the Knicks will finish over Toronto and Brooklyn. Just deal with the state of the team and move forward. It's truly embarrassing to keep predicting some great team and the players don't even feel that optimistic.

xxplayerxx23
10-10-2014, 02:51 PM

-27 home wins

You do realize Williams averaged 18/7 in 2012-13, right? You don't seem to understand the difference between injured and decline. Last time I checked, Kirilenko and Joe Johnson are real Small Forwards, Lopez AND Plumlee are two quality bigs, elite shooting with Teletovic, Bogdanovic, Johnson and KG led the league in defense once again. So, he's not 'done'.

Lol How did that Knicks > Nets prediction work last year? The Nets sustained injuries to FIVE key players and still were significantly better than the Knicks.

That's exactly why I don't post in that forum any longer. I don't associate with delusional opinions. I was forced out by a certain moderator for being realistic about the Knicks season and I stopped posting. I'd not lie to myself about the organization unlike so many of you in that section.

I'm not a Nets 'fan', I just do not delusionally believe the Knicks will finish over Toronto and Brooklyn. Just deal with the state of the team and move forward. It's truly embarrassing to keep predicting some great team and the players don't even feel that optimistic.

How were they on pace if the ended the season with less then 50. I don't understand, you are a nets fan and that's fine. You aren't making sense everyone knows deron is on his way down has been for a while. What makes you think if deron was just injuried the last 3+ years that he can stay healthy. The Knicks have a different team, and let's not pretend like the knicks had health last year. Congrats on those accomplishments lol, btw I don't post in the knicks forum often I just remember you from your posts and the post you made in the Brooklyn forum Anyway I'm not going to bother with someone like you, make sure to be around in April.

bucketss
10-10-2014, 02:53 PM
Nets
Knicks
Raptors
Boston

Philly Tank

lmao!!!

Rockice_8
10-10-2014, 02:54 PM
Nets won 49 and 44 games the last two years. :sigh: the nets have proven nothing, you have a Pg that has contuined to decline, joe Johnson is solid, no real Sf kg is done, and then you have a stud scoring Center, wow watch out east that's something serious. Knicks and nets both won't be a threat, knicks will still have a better record then you. Hey maybe once that happens you can leave the nets back for the Knicks? I mean that is what you are good at.

Sounds like last year coming off 50+ wins. D-Will, JJ and Lopez are still better than anything the Knicks will trot on the floor this year not named Melo. Your second best player might be Tim Hardaway Jr (enough said).

Nets are deeper with a better starting 5 and a better coach. Knicks are rebuilding. Any team with Bargnani starting is not going to be good. Your frontcourt his horrible right now.

The Nets are not a lock for anything as injuries are a concern but are clearly the better team when healthy. Nets will be better than last year.

xxplayerxx23
10-10-2014, 03:00 PM
Y

Sounds like last year coming off 50+ wins. D-Will, JJ and Lopez are still better than anything the Knicks will trot on the floor this year not named Melo. Your second best player might be Tim Hardaway Jr (enough said).

Nets are deeper with a better starting 5 and a better coach. Knicks are rebuilding. Any team with Bargnani starting is not going to be good. Your frontcourt his horrible right now.

The Nets are not a lock for anything as injuries are a concern but are clearly the better team when healthy. Nets will be better than last year.

I'm not going to bother arguing with you, you may be right but they aren't rebuilding. Clearly the better team I'm not sure how, the best player on either team still plays for the knicks. Guess we Will have to see, and our second player is still the same as it was when we won 54 games. Games aren't played on paper.

GiantsSwaGG
10-10-2014, 03:08 PM
Punk returns to the Knicks forum as a Knick fan get ready for the excitement

:laugh: he's so naive, last year ppl wouldn't wven consider the Raps winning the division but look what happen. You would of thought DWill wasn't on the decline and have great ankles and Brook Lopez having great feet.

xxplayerxx23
10-10-2014, 03:12 PM
:laugh: he's so naive, last year ppl wouldn't wven consider the Raps winning the division but look what happen. You would of thought DWill wasn't on the decline and have great ankles and Brook Lopez having great feet.

:laugh2: I'm not even saying the Knicks will be good my point is this division is wide open, nets don't look to good lol

GiantsSwaGG
10-10-2014, 03:13 PM

-27 home wins

What did Williams average last season? 14 & 6 that's a drop off and a sign of declining. Lopez has had 2 season ending foot injuring and for a big man that's not good. The Nets might be better than the Knicks but expecting them to win 50 games? The raps have a better shot at that

xxplayerxx23
10-10-2014, 03:15 PM
Can someone explain to me how a team can be on pace to win 50 games if they ended the season with 44 and 49 lol

GiantsSwaGG
10-10-2014, 03:15 PM
:laugh2: I'm not even saying the Knicks will be good my point is this division is wide open, nets don't look to good lol

Exactly, my heart actually has the Knicks surprising ppl winning the division but my brain is saying 2nd or 3rd place

xxplayerxx23
10-10-2014, 03:18 PM
Exactly, my heart actually has the Knicks surprising ppl winning the division but my brain is saying 2nd or 3rd place

I agree. If one of these 5 shump/jr/amare/hardaway/bargs don't step up we are going to be third, there is nothing that shows we shouldn't expect melo and Calderon to be very good as they have been in the past. I'm not expecting 50+ wins, I don't think you need more then 45 to win the division

mike_noodles
10-10-2014, 03:19 PM

"On pace" and reality are two different things. Also, not sure how the Raps tiebreaker is relevant when they beat the Nets by 4 games last year.

xxplayerxx23
10-10-2014, 03:21 PM
"On pace" and reality are two different things. Also, not sure how the Raps tiebreaker is relevant when they beat the Nets by 4 games last year.

Thanks you :clap:

2-ONE-5
10-10-2014, 03:28 PM

as fan of a rebuilding team i am offended that you said the Knicks are rebuilding. Simply not the case

nycericanguy
10-10-2014, 03:31 PM
Is someone really bragging about their team having been "on pace to win 50 games"... and being top 10 in 3pt shooting... :laugh: that's just comedic gold!

Well I guess 15 teams will be "on pace" for 82 wins after opening night!

Punk
10-10-2014, 03:33 PM
How were they on pace if the ended the season with less then 50. I don't understand, you are a nets fan and that's fine. You aren't making sense everyone knows deron is on his way down has been for a while. What makes you think if deron was just injuried the last 3+ years that he can stay healthy. The Knicks have a different team, and let's not pretend like the knicks had health last year. Congrats on those accomplishments lol, btw I don't post in the knicks forum often I just remember you from your posts and the post you made in the Brooklyn forum Anyway I'm not going to bother with someone like you, make sure to be around in April.

You don't understand what 'pace' means? The Nets rested their starters and still were within reaching the 47-50 win territory but opted not to play their starters anymore. That's the point.

It doesn't matter if Deron is going to be totally healthy because they won tons of games with his inconsistent health. If he does stay healthy, they should only become a better team. How hard is that to comprehend?

The Knicks made changes but they did not add any significantly better talent. Calderon, Dalembert, Jason Smith? on any other team Knick fans would call it a lottery supporting cast. The Knicks have still have the same roster to the team from last season. It's all on Carmelo and JR Smith. It's not ridiculous for people to doubt their ablity to lead a team as a duo if it didn't work last year and don't even try to run the injury excuse. Tyson Chandler missing two months doesn't equate Lopez missing the season, Felton being on and off doesn't equate Williams missing action, JR Smith missing 5 games doesn't equate KG and Kirilenko missing over two months of action.

The Knicks had a relatively healthy team and if the injury excuse is the area you want to go in, why not be cautious about the Knicks own health this season also?

SeoulBeatz
10-10-2014, 03:35 PM
Tor
nyc
bk
bos
phi

GiantsSwaGG
10-10-2014, 03:51 PM
You don't understand what 'pace' means? The Nets rested their starters and still were within reaching the 47-50 win territory but opted not to play their starters anymore. That's the point.

It doesn't matter if Deron is going to be totally healthy because they won tons of games with his inconsistent health. If he does stay healthy, they should only become a better team. How hard is that to comprehend?

The Knicks made changes but they did not add any significantly better talent. Calderon, Dalembert, Jason Smith? on any other team Knick fans would call it a lottery supporting cast. The Knicks have still have the same roster to the team from last season. It's all on Carmelo and JR Smith. It's not ridiculous for people to doubt their ablity to lead a team as a duo if it didn't work last year and don't even try to run the injury excuse. Tyson Chandler missing two months doesn't equate Lopez missing the season, Felton being on and off doesn't equate Williams missing action, JR Smith missing 5 games doesn't equate KG and Kirilenko missing over two months of action.

The Knicks had a relatively healthy team and if the injury excuse is the area you want to go in, why not be cautious about the Knicks own health this season also?

KG stinks, and AK47 is a shell of himself. DWill cost you guys a playoff series and nearly the Raptors series. Lopez has feet problem and he's on "Pace" to get injured again. DWill is on "Pace" for another drop off season.

Punk
10-10-2014, 03:53 PM

The Raptors only won by four
games because the Nets rested their starters after losing the tiebreaker to Toronto in April. Aside from that, the Nets were within striking distance from Chicago and Toronto at the time in the standings before they mailed it in which prompted the whole conspiracy that Jason Kidd purposely tanked to face Toronto in the 3/6 matchup.

Here are some articles to confirm it:

published on March 29, 2014

The teams are still in a dogfight for the Atlantic Division title, which will determine post-season seeding. The Raptors and Nets have split four games, and the tiebreaker will be end-of-season record against division opponents.

http://m.thestar.com/#/article/sports/raptors/2014/03/29/raptors_likely_postseason_opponents.html

Since then, the Nets are 26-10 and have climbed to fifth in the Eastern Conference. They are just 1.5 games behind the Chicago Bulls for the fourth seed (and they are tied in the loss column) and only trail the Toronto Raptors by 1.5 games for first place in the Atlanta Division and the third seed.

http://fansided.com/2014/03/22/paul-pierce-brooklyn-nets-match-anyone/

Brooklyn dropped four of its last five games, with coach Jason Kidd resting his regulars in a 29-point loss to Cleveland on the final night of the season, as the Nets slid from fifth to sixth in the East, earning a first-round meeting with the Raptors and avoiding fourth-seeded Chicago.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2014/04/18/raptors-unfazed-by-talk-of-nets-tanking/7889223/

Please don't mention reality when you don't have facts.

2-ONE-5
10-10-2014, 04:44 PM
you keep saying the Nets only lost games bcuz they rested starters like they were a lock to win those games otehrwise when thats simply not the case. They might have been on Pace for 50 at some point but they didnt win 50 and thats all that matters and your other excsues are irrelevant.

Hawkeye15
10-10-2014, 04:50 PM
same as last year

tor
nets
ny
bos
sixers

pretty much agree

BHF
10-10-2014, 05:53 PM
There is no way Knicks are going to be better than the Raptors or the Nets, its absolutely laughable.

albertajaysfan
10-10-2014, 06:18 PM
games because the Nets rested their starters after losing the tiebreaker to Toronto in April. Aside from that, the Nets were within striking distance from Chicago and Toronto at the time in the standings before they mailed it in which prompted the whole conspiracy that Jason Kidd purposely tanked to face Toronto in the 3/6 matchup.

Reality is that they won 44 games. That is a fact. Let's say they don't mail in those last 5 games and win them all. That would mean they win 48 games. Still not 50.

Plus the on pace argument only holds water during the season. For example a team has played 40 games and have a record of 25 and 15. That team would be on pace for 50 wins. A team can't be on pace for anything once the season is over. The season is over they are what they are. No amount of cherry picking or sugarcoating can change that.

It's just like the argument I have seen used in favour of the Raptors. How we would have one over 50 games if we had of traded Rudy Gay earlier. It is all conjecture and isn't based in reality. The reality of what actually happened.

Punk
10-10-2014, 06:59 PM
Reality is that they won 44 games. That is a fact. Let's say they don't mail in those last 5 games and win them all. That would mean they win 48 games. Still not 50.

Plus the on pace argument only holds water during the season. For example a team has played 40 games and have a record of 25 and 15. That team would be on pace for 50 wins. A team can't be on pace for anything once the season is over. The season is over they are what they are. No amount of cherry picking or sugarcoating can change that.

It's just like the argument I have seen used in favour of the Raptors. How we would have one over 50 games if we had of traded Rudy Gay earlier. It is all conjecture and isn't based in reality. The reality of what actually happened.

The point is if the Nets won out and finished with 48 wins, they would be in direct tie with Toronto. Conjure or not, it's fairly ignorant and hypocritical to assume a four game margin between the Nets and Raptors last season automatically means there won't be a competitive division race this season between the same teams. That's the point.

Vampirate
10-10-2014, 08:21 PM

If that was the strategy then it backfired as Kidd probably thought that it would be a cakewalk to get by the Raptors.

Cal827
10-10-2014, 08:38 PM

:laugh: What's the over/under for bans during the Raptor/Knick games again?

Punk
10-10-2014, 08:49 PM
If that was the strategy then it backfired as Kidd probably thought that it would be a cakewalk to get by the Raptors.
Yeah, it backfired considering the Bulls and Pacers were more vulnerable than the Raptors.

Jets012
10-10-2014, 09:39 PM
Knicks fans are honesty the worst. Their team might be the biggest joke in the NBA but they start baiting any chance they get. Hence why I can't post here.

I'd bet $10,000 the Nets finish with a better record than the Knicks.

I'd bet even more that Toronto finishes with a better record than them too.

benzni
10-10-2014, 10:06 PM
Raps
Nets
_______ ^Playoffs^
Knicks
Celtics
Sixers

goingfor28
10-10-2014, 10:43 PM
Raptors
Nets

Knicks

Celtics

76ers

mike_noodles
10-10-2014, 10:54 PM

Umm... so they had 43 wins with 5 games remaining. Were they going to go 7-0 over those 5 games to reach 50 wins? Or maybe we should go back another 5 games when they had 39 wins. Were they going to go 11-0 over the final 10 games to win 50?

And all that your quotes do is reiterate the fact that the Raptors were in the lead for the majority of the season and that the tiebreaker meant absolutely nothing because Brooklyn couldn't catch them. Even if the Raptors (7-3) had the same record as the Nets (5-5) over the final 10 games of the season, Toronto still wins the division free and clear by 2 games.

ohreally
10-10-2014, 11:28 PM
I don't see why Toronto is presumed to be better than the Nets. After 31 games last year the Raps were over 500 as far as I know, the Nets were 10 and 21. So the Nets were a much better team after that point, with Williams having his worst year and Brook out. And I believe that in games Brook played in last year they were 7 and 10. So for the rest of those first 31 gems, without Brook they were 3 and 11, so it's not like the "problem" was Brook.

At this point, and that's all we can say, the Nets are healthier, younger, have more shooters, are more athletic, and have a better coach.

Brooklyn SHOULD win the Atlantic, as of today. Anything can happen in the course of a season. The Raps might take it. The Celtics are actually a better team than people are giving them credit for, so they could shock everyone themselves. And if we really enter bizarro world, there's even a chance a team nearly devoid of defenders, possessing very limited bbiq, and nearly totally reliant on high volume streak shooters, could take it.

FriedTofuz
10-11-2014, 12:30 AM
I think it'll be between bKN and TOR. BKN is getting their best player back afterall