PDA

View Full Version : Beasley signs with Shanghai Sharks

AlixGx
10-09-2014, 04:39 PM
@WojYahooNBA: Beasley is signing with the Shanghai Sharks, owned by Yao Ming.

@WojYahooNBA: Yahoo Sports: Michael Beasley leaves Grizzlies camp, signing lucrative one-year deal in China. http://t.co/VU7vUbEC1h

Dade County
10-09-2014, 06:08 PM
WHat?

This man has all the talent in the world, I just don't understand.

beasted86
10-09-2014, 06:23 PM
Guy is not right up top. I guess he wants to go for the quick cash. Do they test for marijuana in CBA? Doubtful... LOL

GunFactor187
10-09-2014, 08:45 PM
Speaking of Yao, I really miss him... :sigh: :(

TrueFan420
10-09-2014, 09:27 PM
I wonder how much their paying him

ldawg
10-09-2014, 10:42 PM
Thats a smart move on his part. He was either going to get cut or be deep on their bench. He needs to go somewhere where he an get playing time. In America we dont forget or forgive ones dirt to often. We will label you for the rest of your life. No way Beasley should not be in the NBA with all the scrubs in the league. He goes china and if he Plays he can return to a team in need of a sf/pf that can score in time for playoffs. The risk of being cut would have done to much damage.

Raps18-19 Champ
10-10-2014, 12:28 AM
Smart. He wasn't getting playing time in the NBA anyway.

IKnowHoops
10-10-2014, 03:01 AM
Maybe he can get his mojo back up there.

bleedprple&gold
10-10-2014, 03:24 AM
He will get guaranteed money and playing time in China. The move makes sense for him.

NYKnickFanatic
10-10-2014, 08:58 AM
WHat?

No work ethic.

Slug3
10-10-2014, 10:10 AM
WHat?

Pure laziness. He would rather play on talent alone then work on being better.

TrueFan420
10-10-2014, 12:08 PM
Thats a smart move on his part. He was either going to get cut or be deep on their bench. He needs to go somewhere where he an get playing time. In America we dont forget or forgive ones dirt to often. We will label you for the rest of your life. No way Beasley should not be in the NBA with all the scrubs in the league. He goes china and if he Plays he can return to a team in need of a sf/pf that can score in time for playoffs. The risk of being cut would have done to much damage.
If you're a winner they do. There's countless examples of athletes who have done some messed up ish, far worse than Beasley, who have been forgiven and their transgressions brushed under the rug once they returned and won. See Kobe Byrant or Ben Rothesberg as an example.

Vampirate
10-10-2014, 12:38 PM
Honestly the Heat should feel insulted that they drafted and wasted time on this guy. He's a bust compared to what he could be.

At least with other busts, it's usually the team's fault such as drafting the player too high, injuries etc.

With Beasely, it's all on him imo.

MrfadeawayJB
10-10-2014, 01:26 PM
Smart move. I knew he wouldn't be able to last through the grizzlies grueling training camp

abe_froman
10-10-2014, 01:45 PM
WHat?

1.bad mindset/attitude
2.no natural position to excel(its hard to be a starter and succeed being a tweener f)

Hawkeye15
10-10-2014, 04:29 PM
2nd high lottery pick of David Kahn's to sign in China.....

Tony_Starks
10-10-2014, 05:49 PM
Once the nba execs label you as more trouble than you're worth you're pretty much screwed.

Hopefully he can put up nice numbers over there and a team that needs some scoring will pick him up...

HeatFan
10-10-2014, 06:27 PM
Honestly the Heat should feel insulted that they drafted and wasted time on this guy. He's a bust compared to what he could be.

At least with other busts, it's usually the team's fault such as drafting the player too high, injuries etc.

With Beasely, it's all on him imo.

I agree with you. In college he played incredible and was clearly ready for the NBA in terms of talent. He just let it all go to waste. If he had been somewhat responsible, he could have really been part of the 2010-2014 rosters with Lebron/Wade/Bosh and it would have been nice to see. However, when Chalmers is chosen over you, there's a problem.

HeatFan
10-10-2014, 06:28 PM
2nd high lottery pick of David Kahn's to sign in China.....

I don't think David Kahn drafted him. Do you mean that just because he played with the Wolves at one point?

DemarDerozan
10-11-2014, 02:06 AM
I think I'm going to create an advanced stat for weak mentality.

100- Royce White
90- Robert Swift
80- Eddie Curry
70- Beasley
60- Josh Howard
50- Chris Alexander
40- Lance Stephenson
30- Sheed

Etc.

01- Tim Duncan, Dirk, etc.

Factor in things like off the court incidents, locker room issues, drug pops, fines, stupid comments/twitter posts, etc.

Call it PMR. Player Mentality Rating.